• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

It's okay, I died to him the first time, too ):

I got smacked with some magic combos. Felt bad.

It was funny fighting
Wolnir
again on my STR guy, he only made a single attack before he died.

I feel like overall the bosses are pretty easy, but I'm ok with it because they are mostly fair which I like a lot. The only boss that bothered me was
Dragonslayer Armour
, because I didn't know the
skeleton birds were going to attack,
so I got one shot randomly. -_-

p3n

Are the dancer's enchanted swords any good after the buff?

What buff? They are terrible...almost 600 AR combined and a full 40 END stamina bar still does less damage than Dark Sword or Long Sword. Triple split damage just can't work in this game with the way defenses are calculated.

zma1013

So in the
ithyll dungeon
theres a weird
blind creature in a cell that doesnt attack but i cant talk to it. Is it an npc or can i kill it?

Manu

That info is pretty interesting IMO. I usually die to "easy" bosses in Souls games, so it's cool to see how others do.

(snip)

Damn Longsword rocks, and zero magic meant good physical stats.

Impressive.

I'm jealous of anyone who can get stuff like N
ameless King
with so little effort.

I know I had problems with
Old Demon King
and
Pontiff Sulyvahn
because I was trying a weapon that didn't work out. I know I'll do better in the future.

2Crisis

Spent a good amount of time helping people with various bosses as a sunbro.

N
ameless
K
ing
was the worst since getting to phase 2 takes quite a while, and out of ~10 coops my host of embers just got wrecked almost instantly every time once we got to that phase. It really is a fight where you need to know the boss moveset and having more people doesn't help rush down the boss.

If you're looking for sunlight medals, L
othric
P
rinces
is a great place to get a lot quickly. That boss is more vulnerable to rush-down.

What buff? They are terrible...almost 600 AR combined and a full 40 END stamina bar still does less damage than Dark Sword or Long Sword. Triple split damage just can't work in this game with the way defenses are calculated.

patch 1.04 apparently added more damage to fire/magic stats and also made you stunlock people with the special spinning move. I was curious if they're worth getting but looks like it's only the case for maybe a PvP build.

kagamin

WHY IS THERE NOTHING BUT HANDS WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS

For you <3:
374320_201604171411175eutb.png

MrHoot

new page, posting again. Want to decide if they're worth making even with the shitty D scaling on everything. I'm a dex build.

In pvp it can be okay. The spinny move is almost impossible to do on experiencedp layers tho and like all fast weapons the chance of parry can be high since you have to be relentless for these weapons to shine.

In pve it's useless sadly

Impressive.

I'm jealous of anyone who can get stuff like N
ameless King
with so little effort.

I know I had problems with
Old Demon King
and
Pontiff Sulyvahn
because I was trying a weapon that didn't work out. I know I'll do better in the future.

It was the build and weapon IMO. Phase 1 of NK pissed me off enough to make a rant post, but then I beat him the next try, heh. There were plenty of fights I would have died more, but BB chalice dungeons taught me the importance of a large health pool. I'd suck on some low level challenge.

burgerdog

Just beat the game for the first time at level 50. I was about to get demoralized by the last boss until it clicked. What a joy this has been, absolutely love it from top to bottom and it has tied Bloodborne as my favorite Soulsborne game.

Off to google what I missed because I did not find that NK dude that's mentioned a ton in this and the other thread.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Oh, my post was about the number of attempts (I cross-posted from another forum), not number of deaths. Edited my post to reflect this. So, 1 = first try. :p

ZangBa

I stopped leveling at 58 to buy unique items instead, thinking I'd need them for trophies. I finished the game like that, with like 15 Vigor lol.

GulAtiCa

Weird. Someone invaded me at C
entral Irithyll
near the 1st bonfire. They had nothing on, and came up to the bonfire and dropped one of those glow orbs. Not sure why. They stood there and then used my C
haos Bed Vestiges
spell on him, which killed him in 1 hit. No idea why he invaded me, kinda seemed like he wasn't interested in fighting me. Though, I didn't give him much of a chance to do anything after circling the bonfire. lol

psychotron

Solid progress tonight!! I beat A
byss
W
atchers
on my first try! Really fun battle. I decided to go to the
cathedral
after rather than
catacombs
. Not sure if that was the best choice, but I managed to open two shortcuts back into the
cathedral
without dying. Not sure where to go now besides trying to steal the goodies under that
giant
fucker.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yay. Finally go a summon and put down NK as my 19th and final boss. No way I was getting past it solo as the second phase is my night,are type of boss. I barely got it down to 75-80% in my 15ish solo tries. It was still a damn tough, tense battle even with a good summon. We did a good job of watching each other's health and getting his attention when the other needed to heal.

I have fun with these games but suck royally. After spending echoes after that fight I'm at level 96 and just under 49 1/1 hours played. Great game but I'm probably done until dlc as I'm not into doing new builds or NG+. Doing all the bosses is plenty for me. I burnt myself out hardcore getting the platinum in Bloodborne.

pablito

NPC/Quest spoiler question

I never did
Yoel questline with the levels and the hollowing stuff. He's dead. I'm guessing that quest is completely gone now? Also is there no way to get Yuria to show up?

I'm
past the Abyss Watchers. Completed Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

p3n

patch 1.04 apparently added more damage to fire/magic stats and also made you stunlock people with the special spinning move. I was curious if they're worth getting but looks like it's only the case for maybe a PvP build.

Just tested it. The weapon art is still trash at roughly 25-35 damage per (extended) hit on a guy wearing Wolf Knight set and it did not seem to stagger beyond the initial 2 hits (he could roll away no problem). The 2-handed L1/LB must have been buffed as 2 attacks did exactly 790 damage - which is a lot. I still lost because no utility and no range and nothing. Otherwise not bad. Could even be viable in PVE now.

Thanks for bringing it up! I would have never taken them out of storage again otherwise.

Finally picked it up on PC and having controller issues. Eek.

Anywho. Having never played one of these games which class is recommended. I don't want to take the easiest route at all. I want a challenge but most of all I want it to be fun so even when I am getting my ass kicked I will want to come back over and over again.

I saw one video where the dude shot this golden magical lance or something. That looked pretty cool and I would like the optionsfor magic, range and melee! Please advise!

Just tested it. The weapon art is still trash at roughly 25-35 damage per (extended) hit on a guy wearing Wolf Knight set and it did not seem to stagger beyond the initial 2 hits (he could roll away no problem). The 2-handed L1/LB must have been buffed as 2 attacks did exactly 790 damage - which is a lot. I still lost because no utility and no range and nothing. Otherwise not bad. Could even be viable in PVE now.

Thanks for bringing it up! I would have never taken them out of storage again otherwise.

No prob. I might use them for another character but for this one I just used the souls to help me level up.

Ferrio

Banned

Anywho. Having never played one of these games which class is recommended. I don't want to take the easiest route at all. I want a challenge but most of all I want it to be fun so even when I am getting my ass kicked I will want to come back over and over again.

I saw one video where the dude shot this golden magical lance or something. That looked pretty cool and I would like the optionsfor magic, range and melee! Please advise!

Classes mean little. They're basically defined by their starting gear and stats. You're not locking into anything picking one over the other.

ZangBa

This'll be the first game I make a Faith character in just so I can go full on Pope mode, that
Archdeacon
armor set is so good. I hope Faith doesn't suck, though.

So maybe I am not remembering correctly but since when does using a bow grey out your right hand weapon? I just killed a long distance enemy with the bow and when I went to hit the next enemy with my sword it was still greyed out and the only way to use it was to cycle it back.

BriGuy

Getting 1-2 shot by regular enemies is making the later areas a joyless bore. You eventually default to plinking away with arrows, run away until the enemy returns to its starting location, and repeat the process a dozen or so times.

There's no room for skill when you're confronted with multiple heavy-hitting, damage sponges.

I know the big Knights are supposed to be the ultimate badasses, but it's a little silly that you can't seem to break their poise even with the Greatsword.

Elixist

NPC/Quest spoiler question

I never did
Yoel questline with the levels and the hollowing stuff. He's dead. I'm guessing that quest is completely gone now? Also is there no way to get Yuria to show up?

I'm
past the Abyss Watchers. Completed Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

your fuxored bro. better luck next time

Brakke

Banned

Was he throwing a lightning bolt? Lightning magic is Faith, but Faith isn't a great stat to focus. Pyromancy is good if you want a hybrid build, the requirements for spells aren't too high, and most of the spells are pretty short range, so you'll be mixing it up with enemies and switching to weapons and all.

Yeah, I hate them. Kind of cheap to be honest.

You can't even increase resistance to it and it doesn't immediately come back when you kill one! It's total ass. Sometimes it even staggers you which is outrageously ridiculous. Killing that group of them that gathered because of the stupid fucking
scream that made me shit my pants
was an exercise in crying.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't really understand their ability. Sometimes I'll be right next to them and be fine, sometimes I'll be a mile away and lose half my life.

I think it's
when they're looking at you
, kind of like the
Winter Lanterns' frenzy
in Bloodborne? Not 100% sure though.

Manu

I don't really understand their ability. Sometimes I'll be right next to them and be fine, sometimes I'll be a mile away and lose half my life.

I think it only works when they're glowing red. As long as they glow green you should be good.

jett

D-Member
Untended Graves
is the creepiest area I've been to in any of these games. Man. What's the significance of this place anyway? I really wish this game was less cryptic than it is. I also see some messages in place I can't reach. Anyone know how to get "up" there?

Man, the opening cutscene for
Abyss Watchers
reminds me so much of
Father G's

Love the little area leading up to that fight too. Watching from afar as the
darkwraiths
wreck everything in sight, then fighting them with the sounds emanating from the boss room booming out of my headphones. It made that whole part tense as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom