• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronk

Banned
I need one fucking pale tongue so i can change my points and prople just chug estus flasks for an hour cause its so quick and easy this game is pissing me off now. :'(

neoism

The quickness of drinking estus flasks during pvp is absolutely unbearable. I cant stand it. They can literally drink it right in your face. I use the item that stops it and it lasts what? 20 secs. Its super annoying

ive been pretty lucky in that regard usually when they drink their estes they just keep on chugging all of them until they have no more and i do the same... 99% fairness on ps4 for me, it was fucking insane in BB though

The longsword has a pretty good movement. Dark sword isn't necessarily superior, imo.

I agree, but that scabbard clips through my cape and we cant have that now can we? :)

On the topic of fashion souls, that Undead legion armor is probably my favorite set of the whole series, right above the Drang/Llewellyn set.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Beat the game earlier. Still have the last uber pain in the ass optional boss to get past.

Grief.exe

This is something I'm okay with. Didn't like the system of BB where armor really didn't matter at all so just wear anything that looks good.

That's how Souls games have always been, your contribution from different armor sets is generally approaching negligible.

Could you link the thread?

The rest of the thread was fairly pointless. Mainly people just listing random weapons they like with zero explanation.

I believe this is it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/168566-dark-souls-iii/73603852/849472266

i hope the ps4 community straightens up ... i tryed for some easy sun bro medals on the dancer boss..

killmenow.. overall 27 trys only got 4 medals �� that boss is not hard.. we had a 4 man group and the host still died...

I have roughly 25 Sunlight medals and probably less than 10% success rate on summons.

I suggest Deacons of the Deep for summons.

xinek

What level were you? I joined them right after
Pontiff
and I literally couldn't remove the covenant item fast enough before I was summoned again

I've been waiting at the same spot as a Darkmoon, and I haven't been summoned once. Very sad about it. Level 58.

pringles

In co-op you're going to beat the invader most times regardless of your weapon
For sure, still seem to be doing well even when I get stuck in 1-on-1 battles. In DS1 and 2 I was happy if I won 50% of battles. Not sure what is different in this one, but there does seem to be a lot less glitchy back-stabbing going on.

ramyeon

It goes with everything. Not just the set itself but it matches a lot of helmets and weapons, as well as skin color. My dark skinned guy and light skinned guy both look equally good in Fallen Knight but the other sets look better or worse depending on how much contrast you think is acceptable.

It doesn't clip as much as some of the bulkier sets too, and that's important as well. I gave this a lot of thought!
It's ugly as sin. It's the worst kind of generic, edgy, "dark" armour set. I've found heaps of way more interesting and aesthetically pleasing combinations.

I would probably hate it less if EVERYONE wasn't using it.

Demoskinos

Selfie with my new best friend. Spoilers for mid-game area. **And armor**

ubO8Dvd.jpg

So is A
ldrich
the easiest boss? Literally the first time I've beaten a Souls boss on the first run, and I only used two estus flasks.

It's funny that you say that because he is the only boss so far other then
the tree
that I've died to at all.
I got greedy and thought I could just power through his attack to get some extra damage, and those arrows hurt.

That's how Souls games have always been, your contribution from different armor sets is generally approaching negligible.

Na, there is levels to it. Defense and poise mattered in 1. Def mattered to an extent in 2. BB it really was "okay were whatever you want". I didn't like that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
sooo is it just me or is when useing up an item on your bar shoulnt it auto un equip..
its reallly fucking annoying have an item there with a 0......

i could have sworn it did in BB and the other DS games..

����

I prefer this system. It was annoying running out of bone marrow ash during a fight and having to re-equip them later.

Hollowing is cured by one of the 4500 soul purging stones bought from Yuria. Sigils, the thing that gives hollowing on deaths, is cured by paying the fire maiden how much those levels cost at the time you are curing them (or it might be your next level x 5). Hollowing will carry over to your next game, while sigils are a key item and do not. Think there is another way to cure hollowing from talking to a certain statue that scales with level, but the purging stones are a flat rate.
Question.. if I use a purging stone,
but still have the dark sigils, will I re-hollow after dying a bunch of times?

I really hate looking so ugly, but I'm interested to see what happens with those sigils. Also, I only have 5 (I missed this quest completely in my first playthrough) and the dude died and Yuria appeared. How do I get the next 3?

Selfie with my new best friend. Spoilers for mid-game area.

ubO8Dvd.jpg

The biggest spoiler here is
the armour! Haha. I went :O!! when I saw the dark handmaiden selling it...

Korosenai

Hypothetically, if I wanted to switch to a faith build for pvp, should I just go like 30 faith and 14 attunement? That would give me access to sunlight blade and maybe one more spell like sacred oath or something along those lines.

ramyeon

I really hate looking so ugly, but I'm interested to see what happens with those sigils. Also, I only have 5 (I missed this quest completely in my first playthrough) and the dude died and Yuria appeared. How do I get the next 3?
Yes, Purging Stone is a temporary solution. Yuria also sells
a ring that makes you look human if it's the appearance that matters.

Keep following the quest line, you will get the last 3 sigils at the end of it. Telling you when/how would spoil it for you.

Steel

Banned
Speaking of fashion souls, the mirrah set with a ragged mask looks pretty decent. I use it when I wanna use multiple weapons.

Hypothetically, if I wanted to switch to a faith build for pvp, should I just go like 30 faith and 14 attunement? That would give me access to sunlight blade and maybe one more spell like sacred oath or something along those lines.

Because of how defense works in this game, I'm really not sure that any of the weapon buffs are worth it for pvp. Sunlight blade will probably add ~ 100 damage to your weapon. Most people are going to have a defense value which completely mitigates maybe 50 of that damage. Then they are going to absorb another 25% of your attack, leaving you with the ability to do maybe 35 extra damage. Hard to believe that 35 extra damage is worth a 30 point commitment in faith. I don't know how significant the buff from sacred oath is, so I can't really comment on that. But generally speaking, you'd probably be best going "all in" on faith, rather than putting any points in attunement. Take it to softcap at 40, and infuse your weapon with lightning. That way most of your damage will be focused in lightning, and the enemy's defense will mitigate a smaller portion of your damage.

Korosenai

Because of how defense works in this game, I'm really not sure that any of the weapon buffs are worth it for pvp. Sunlight blade will probably add ~ 100 damage to your weapon. Most people are going to have a defense value which completely mitigates maybe 50 of that damage. Then they are going to absorb another 25% of your attack, leaving you with the ability to do maybe 35 extra damage. Hard to believe that 35 extra damage is worth a 30 point commitment in faith. I don't know how significant the buff from sacred oath is, so I can't really comment on that. But generally speaking, you'd probably be best going "all in" on faith, rather than putting any points in attunement. Take it to softcap at 40, and infuse your weapon with lightning. That way most of your damage will be focused in lightning, and the enemy's defense will mitigate a smaller portion of your damage.
Ah ok. Doesn't really sound worth it to me then, I'll just stick with dex/luck versus investing so much just for a lightning weapon.

As long as you have any sigils
dying will hollow you
. To get the other 3 you have to
following Anri's quest and not kill the hidden guy near him/her in a later area. Basically make sure he/she lives all the way until the church bonfire in Irithyll, while also having Yuria active in firelink. Then something new will be waiting for you in Gwyndolin's old room from DS1. If you cure the sigil at any time it will end the sequence.

Demoskinos

I don't understand, that monster was not there when I went there first time. Is it NG+ placement?

I actually opened the shortcut door and then just bolted down the steps. Apparently I found out he leashes right at that spot and the AI will just stand there and do nothing. Perfect time for a photo-op!

Trace

Banned

Depends on how much you care about other spells. At SL 120 I'm running 40/40 str/dex with 30 in faith for sunlight blade. Rest is in vit/end with a couple of points in vig. Only 10 attunement though.

i hope the ps4 community straightens up ... i tryed for some easy sun bro medals on the dancer boss..

killmenow.. overall 27 trys only got 4 medals �� that boss is not hard.. we had a 4 man group and the host still died...

i got the medals in no time playing dancer on ps4. i probably died 3x too. she isn't that bad for medals. only had one host summoning 3 guys. that was weird.

my fav setup is just host + helper. very personal and fun.

Soodanim

I keep reading posts about the Dark Sword. Honest to god, first two times I killed that first Darkwraith I got a dark sword and then each time after I got an armour piece (in order, too). I thought that was a programmed drop order, but is that not the case?

I don't understand, that monster was not there when I went there first time. Is it NG+ placement?
Nope, I got him earlier. I assume he was just lured down to the bonfire from the doorway.

Trace

Banned
I keep reading posts about the Dark Sword. Honest to god, first two times I killed that first Darkwraith I got a dark sword and then each time after I got an armour piece (in order, too). I thought that was a programmed drop order, but is that not the case?

Nope, I got him earlier. I assume he was just lured down to the bonfire from the doorway.

As far as I know all drops from Darkwraiths are random.

neoism

i got the medals in no time playing dancer on ps4. i probably died 3x too. she isn't that bad for medals. only had one host summoning 3 guys. that was weird.

my fav setup is just host + helper. very personal and fun.

yea i just got unlucky for like 2 hours... internet even went out also. ill just try invading tomorrow...

Ogawa-san

Using dark sword + 10 and think I should reallocate some stuff. Isn't 27 soft cap for vig? What do you guys think I should reallocate? Current setup:
Yes, 27. Once you get to 1000 health it tanks to 19 health per point or something, not really worth it.

You could respec and take 8 points off vig, 5 off str and some off end to get dex as close to 40 as possible, then use a refined gem instead of heavy. You could get to 440 damage or so.

Raw64life

Summoning help for the N
ameless King
is no joke. 20 minutes and wasn't able to get a single person summoned.

I decided to put my own sign down to practice on him and it literally takes 1 second for someone to summon you every time. Happened 3 times in a row.

Zophar

Summoning help for the N
ameless King
is no joke. 20 minutes and wasn't able to get a single person summoned.

I decided to put my own sign down to practice on him and it literally takes 1 second for someone to summon you every time. Happened 3 times in a row.

Way more people asking for help than giving it. Put down your sign and help some brothers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom