• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be cool to see like a mini knockback, some indication that there being hit sometimes

To me, these are the cheap enemies. I'm grinding one for a sword, and it's just ridiculous. Fully charged 2h R2 with a Greatsword, and nothing. They just spam out their attacks, screw stamina. And then the tracking on their swing, and the huge arc. People give DkS2 crap, but there is some stuff going on upinhere.

kagamin

Untended Graves
is the creepiest area I've been to in any of these games. Man. What's the significance of this place anyway? I really wish this game was less cryptic than it is. I also see some messages in place I can't reach. Anyone know how to get "up" there?

My fav area. <3

Wait...are the jailers literally playing red light green light? If I don't move when they're red does it not drain you?

...that's so fucked up if true.

sappyday

I can't summon anyone for the
Nameless King
fight and I've been going at this boss for hours. Any gaffer willing to help out?

Persona7

Banned
luring people to
the giant right before the deacons boss fight
and then killing them is generating a lot of hate mail about lost souls. i get summoned before i can even finish the animation for setting your sign down lol

Well here is mine SL90 run
Iudex Gundyr: 1
Vordt of the Boreal Valley: 0
Curse-rotted Greatwood: 1
Crystal Sage: 2
Deacons of the Deep: 1
Abyss Watchers: 2
High Lord Wolnir: 6 (he kept throwing up black stuff on phase 3)
Pontiff Sulyvahn: 0
Old Demon King: 0
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods: 2
Yhorm the Giant: 1
Dancer of the Boreal Valley: 0
Dragonslayer Armour: 4
Oceiros, The Consumed King: NOOOPEE (Bloodborne training failed me here, had to use shield for phase 2)

Champion Gundyr: 8
Lothric, Younger Prince: 2
Soul of Cinder: 3
Ancient Wyvern: 0
Nameless King: 3

Wait...are the jailers literally playing red light green light? If I don't move when they're red does it not drain you?

...that's so fucked up if true.

I don't think so.
I've lost HP while immobile. Then I figured it was an aura, but nope... only stops after x seconds or they die. It's probably the worst telegraph an enemy ability has in any DS game... just really bad, never making any sense. At least it doesn't kill ya, I guess.

J-Skee

Yo, WTF with those enemies that
literally bring down your health bar
in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
? That wasn't in the Prima stater guide. And what the hell is that
thing up against the wall that's making those awful sounds? I didn't kill it... will it help out later or something?

Rixxan

i have 40 dex

SL 90

whats a good weapon to try for NG+?

i was using the uchigatana for the majority of my first clear, want to try something maybe a tad faster, dunno

something thats also good for invasions

I don't think so.
I've lost HP while immobile. Then I figured it was an aura, but nope... only stops after x seconds or they die. It's probably the worst telegraph an enemy ability has in any DS game... just really bad, never making any sense. At least it doesn't kill ya, I guess.

Oh good.

In that case I'll continue running at them slamming R1 yelling "AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!"

pa22word

Does anyone know if you have to beat all the other lords of cinder before you can go back to
lothric
if you beat
dancer
early, or just a certain one?

How do I access that pit with a crystal lizard in the
Undead Settlement
? The one below the 3 big dudes with jars.

There is a locked door in the sewer near the bonfire over there. You go through there and will eventually end up there. I think the old lady at firelink shrine sells the key.

There is a locked door in the sewer near the bonfire over there. You go through there and will eventually end up there. I think the old lady at firelink shrine sells the key.

Correct.
I think you need some kind of ashes for her to sell it, but I don't remember which. The key itself will cost 1500 souls, IIRC.

phierce

So...I was getting summoned nonstop (like put down the sign, summoned in 3 seconds) at the last boss. I had not killed
Nameless King
yet. I kill him and now I've been standing here for 20+ minutes with no summons. Wtf?

Holy shit. Using the dried fingers in the area after S
ulyvahn
causes huge battles lol. It's chaotic when I'm just summoning everything I see on the ground and people are invading.

Good stuff.

So...I was getting summoned nonstop (like put down the sign, summoned in 3 seconds) at the last boss. I had not killed
Nameless King
yet. I kill him and now I've been standing here for 20+ minutes with no summons. Wtf?

Do you have a password on? Happened to me as well since I forgot I did Co op with a friend.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't think so.

It doesn't? I mean I got it to drop my health at literally 60 HP one day, I was wondering if it brings it to a minimum or if it eventually reduces it to 0...

GulAtiCa

Holy cow! The S
ilvercat
Ring. It makes it so you
receive NO damage from falling!
That is incredible. Makes invasions in high places like C
athedral of the Deep
more interesting, lol.

Aces&Eights

PS4. Username is same as my name here

I'm getting old man disease. I got to the top of the
rafters in the cathedral
on the japan version, now I can't remember how to get up there. I know there is an entrance from the little roof thingy but I can't figure out how to get up there. I have walked back and forth forever but I'm one level too low. Anyone?

Jintor

Shit that pisses me off: we're 4-5 games into Soulsbourne and I still bounce my fucking axe off walls while enemies can fucking spear me in the stomach right through a rock

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Soul of cinder
disappointed me more than
moon presence.
. That was literally the blandest boss design they could have come up with.

DedValve

Banned
Fucking crystal mage. God fuck. Just spamming moves in the second attack making it almost impossible to do any thpe of hot and run tactics when its a literal nonstop barrage. Think its optional but fuck man, i get close sooooo many times only to get stunlocked from full health to death.

Demoskinos

Why the hell does it take like 10 minutes to get a phantom summoned? Just about everyone I click it says "Unable to summon phantom" Like, whats the issue here?

I really like the Profaned Greatsword as a weapon, but damn if it isn't completely useless against the faster bosses. I'm starting to get why everyone says Greatswords aren't terribly viable.

mujun

Fucking crystal mage. God fuck. Just spamming moves in the second attack making it almost impossible to do any thpe of hot and run tactics when its a literal nonstop barrage. Think its optional but fuck man, i get close sooooo many times only to get stunlocked from full health to death.

Not optional if I recall correctly.

I was having trouble with him. My advice, keep moving and only hit the blue guys if they are on the way to hitting him. Only hit him once or twice when you get there and use the columns as a way to stop the blue bolts from stunlocking you. The columns were basically the difference for me.

DedValve

Banned
Not optional if I recall correctly.

I was having trouble with him. My advice, keep moving and only hit the blue guys if they are on the way to hitting him. Only hit him once or twice when you get there and use the columns as a way to stop the blue bolts from stunlocking you. The columns were basically the difference for me.

Im using the columns too. The rpoblem is hitting him. You can only hit the fake once before it disappears anyways bit to actually hit him you meed at least 2 seconds of safety to hit then dodge. Its almost a nonstop barrage with maybe a second of reaction time. Like what the goddamn fuck.

Mephala

My death counts for the jump left of the fire link tower item is far higher than any boss so far. Fuck. Probably rubbish too. But I need it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone here using Great Axe or Great Club?

Heavy weapons are not that effective in PVP and even in many ways it can be detrimental to use in PVEs but holy hell the THUMP BUMP BOOM effect as they connect is so satisfying.

mujun

Im using the columns too. The rpoblem is hitting him. You can only hit the fake once before it disappears anyways bit to actually hit him you meed at least 2 seconds of safety to hit then dodge. Its almost a nonstop barrage with maybe a second of reaction time. Like what the goddamn fuck.

I used a longsword. As you get close he usually shoots out the purple spiky ball. I avoided it then got in two, maybe three hits max. I'd then just roll like a maniac and get out and reevaluate or he'd disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom