• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu

Soul of cinder
disappointed me more than
moon presence.
. That was literally the blandest boss design they could have come up with.

Only because
he wears the armor set on the cover of the game.
As a design that embodies what it's supposed to be, it's really good.

kagamin

Fucking crystal mage. God fuck. Just spamming moves in the second attack making it almost impossible to do any thpe of hot and run tactics when its a literal nonstop barrage. Think its optional but fuck man, i get close sooooo many times only to get stunlocked from full health to death.

Not optional, but I haven't heard of many people having trouble with it to be honest.

Im using the columns too. The rpoblem is hitting him. You can only hit the fake once before it disappears anyways bit to actually hit him you meed at least 2 seconds of safety to hit then dodge. Its almost a nonstop barrage with maybe a second of reaction time. Like what the goddamn fuck.

I popped one of those items to reduce magic damage and then just ran at him and unloaded till I was out of stamina. Then healed. Did no hiding at all.

Raw64life

Is there any penalty for doing Ringfinger Leonhard's sidequest if I've already completed Sirris sidequest 100%? I'm figuring nothing bad can happen if
she already fulfilled her duty and died

I can't beat the N
ameless King
and it's the only sidequest I haven't done yet before I finish the game.

Takashi

So I've been steering clear of most spoilers, but of course it's impossible to avoid every little thing. I've heard different things about the
hollowing
quest line and how it supposedly affects
the endings
. Quick question: without going into detail,
will continuing with this get me a good or bad ending? I'm attempting to get a good ending on my first run through. Fwiw, I'm at the point in that quest line where the woman says my bride is waiting for me, so if this is bad maybe it's too late? I know the firekeeper can remove the dark sigil but I hadn't done it since I wasn't sure if staying hollow would lead to a good or bad thing.

Timeaisis

Are the
dual katanas
worth upgrading? I'm looking for a high DEX scaling weapon. I'm tired of the Estoc, and I want to test some stuff out before I head to NG+.

Ogawa-san

Just got Murakumo (that I managed to miss in two previous playthroughs), all nice and upgraded to 10, and all I can think is how good it'd be if it wasn't for Dark Fucking Sword being so much better.

Not optional if I recall correctly.

I was having trouble with him. My advice, keep moving and only hit the blue guys if they are on the way to hitting him. Only hit him once or twice when you get there and use the columns as a way to stop the blue bolts from stunlocking you. The columns were basically the difference for me.

I hid behind columns a lot and quickly picked off the duplicates with a soul arrow. Throwing knives or the like would probably work also.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Fucking crystal mage. God fuck. Just spamming moves in the second attack making it almost impossible to do any thpe of hot and run tactics when its a literal nonstop barrage. Think its optional but fuck man, i get close sooooo many times only to get stunlocked from full health to death.
I might be wrong on this but
during his clone phase, the real one is the one shooting purple magic in my experience
. So just keep running and panning the camera until you see him

Never had trouble with him as long as I kept rushing
the real one

Finally killed the god damn
Nameless King
, the first phase is so god damn easy but afterwards, oh hell stabby mcstabstab over there calls down the whirlwind on you and just wrecks your shit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Anyone here using Great Axe or Great Club?

Heavy weapons are not that effective in PVP and even in many ways it can be detrimental to use in PVEs but holy hell the THUMP BUMP BOOM effect as they connect is so satisfying.

I'm switching between a Great Axe +6 and my Exile Greatsword +9. Mainly use the Exile but in PVP the Great Axe is OK but yeah in PVE it's great.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
during his clone phase, the real one is the one shooting purple magic in my experience

the real one

You are correct.

DedValve

Banned

the real one

Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!

2 more attempts and i was finally able to do it. God that was infuriating.

Okay, that was just a whole horseload of bullshit.

I get to end of PC and fight Yhorm
and Siegward pops in and the fight starts, I run to Stormruler and pick it up and all this time including when I hit Yhorm he is massacring Siegward. And he kills him. I kill Yhorm and am irritated I fuck up the Onion Bro quest right at the end and I don't even have time to grab his shit before Emma teleports me straight into the Dancer fight with no chance to rest. Dancer kills me in the second phase and I'm just like
"That was total bullshit"

Styles

So, are there any straight swords that have a similar moveset to LHB/Kirkhammer's normal mode? Like a 1-2 slash then a thrust R1 combo.

Just beat the game after 36 hours and got the
End of Fire
ending.
That was really cool how it faded to black, and honestly as it did I almost felt sad. Part because the story was over, but also because you almost feel horrible that the fire keeper is betraying her very purpose. Great finish to one of my favorite games ever.
Now I have to get back to the one mother fucker I just can't seem to beat,
Team Nameless King Blows Dick.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Really? Huh. I thought it was a great fight which made sense thematically and gameplay wise.

He was too
tantrumy for my taste. I think he would have made a good mid game boss. I get the symbolism of it all but ending the game on that note was a letdown. Well to me anyway. I really wanted a Gwynn/Manus type character.

Thanks mate. Holy shit that is an intense fight. :O
no problem! Glad we manage. I can never avoid that stupid fire breath attack :|

Just beat the game after 36 hours and got the
End of Fire
ending.
That was really cool how it faded to black, and honestly as it did I almost felt sad. Part because the story was over, but also because you almost feel horrible that the fire keeper is betraying her very purpose. Great finish to one of my favorite games ever.
Now I have to get back to the one mother fucker I just can't seem to beat,
Team Nameless King Blows Dick.
Welp if you are on ps4 set your password as ds3gaf and I can get on in 5 mins.

LiK

Okay, used a guide and got pretty much most of the NG rings. Got my revenge on all the dogs. Missing the covenant and a few NPC quest ones. Looks like that'll be for the NG+ playthrough. Still haven't bothered fighting the last boss yet. Maybe tomorrow.

ironcreed

Banned
Just beat it and got
The End of Fire
ending. Amazing experience and took me 50:25 to do it all. But I have to say that the
Soul of Cinder
was a weak last boss. I thought Nashandra from Dark Souls 2 was much better. Hell, even the
Nameless King
would have been a better fight and it is optional.

N° 2048

Game is addicting. 14 hours and last beaten boss is Vordt. I just love fully exploring and taking my time.

Like after 4 hours of exploring Undead Settlement, Cliff Underside and Dilapidated Bridge I just found
Irina
. Crazyyy.

Yea I'm slow. Need to git gud.

MilkBeard

For those wanting to be summoned as Bladmoon at high level,
Archdragon Peak
have been pretty much continuous summons for me today.

It doesn't? I mean I got it to drop my health at literally 60 HP one day, I was wondering if it brings it to a minimum or if it eventually reduces it to 0...

It caps out at a smidgeon of HP left (didn't check the exact number).

I had five or so of those monsters sucking my HP bar away, embracing my imminent death... and then nothing. Far as I can tell, dodging will mitigate the damage, but there's no real way to avoid it entirely; no projectile to avoid, no place to hide once hit, etc. It really seems like it should've been a status effect or something.

Pushing 30 attempts at the N
ameless King.
and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom ad nauseam.

I hope this broken joke gets nerfed. Like eliminate the first janktacular phase altogether maybe. Not to mentioned his health pool feels like someone leaned on the 0 key when they were punching it in.

Unless I\m supposed to be at SL 300 for this?

Is the unable to summon phantom thing a bug, or just the result of summoning an already-summoned phantom? I was under the impression it was the latter because those signs always vanish when it refreshes.

LiK

Pushing 30 attempts at the N
ameless King.
and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom ad nauseam.

I hope this broken joke gets nerfed. Like eliminate the first janktacular phase altogether maybe. Not to mentioned his health pool feels like someone leaned on the 0 key when they were punching it in.

Unless Im supposed to be at SL 300 for this?

Not even worth summoning. When it worked a few times for me, the phantoms were destroyed before his second form even happened. It's better to just keep practicing and learning his patterns instead. Also use anything that raises your lightning resists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom