• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pushing 30 attempts at the N
ameless King.
and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom ad nauseam.

I hope this broken joke gets nerfed. Like eliminate the first janktacular phase altogether maybe. Not to mentioned his health pool feels like someone leaned on the 0 key when they were punching it in.

Unless I\m supposed to be at SL 300 for this?

If you are on ps4, set your password as ds3gaf

kagamin

ameless King.
and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom

I hope this broken joke gets nerfed. Like eliminate the first janktacular phase altogether maybe. Not to mentioned his health pool feels like someone leaned on the 0 key when they were punching it in.

If you're on PC just give me a password and I can assist.

Man the
Aldrich Faithful
covenant is off the charts active compared to the other automatic summon ones. Barely get back into my world before I'm summoned to invade again. I'm having a lot of fun with it though.

Something about invading in Dark Souls just brings out the inner dick in me. I invaded and found the host and a sunbro chilling at the entrance of the area. I made like I was doing an honorable duel and got the host to face away from the staircase leading into the area - another covenant invader came down the staircase, snuck up behind him, and back stabbed him. Shit was hilarious. I ended up losing the fight overall but God it's so much fun being a chaotic invader. I really want to find the mad phantom covenant so badly!

Also lag is super fun. I hit a guy with my charged R2 once, but instead of stopping him he finished his three hit combo and killed me, THEN he took the damage and the stagger animation played. Dang it.

Demoskinos

If you are on ps4, set your password as ds3gaf

ameless King.
and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom

I can help as well! :eek:

LiK

Oh, looks like people wanna coop now in here. I'll be asking you guys for help when I go NG+ since I'll be mainly playing it to get through asap for trophies!

Grief.exe

What does this symbol mean?

I86ezkm.jpg

EDIT: lol it's that ring I equipped that I forgot about.

Yo... lmao

http://youtu.be/Vf3Wj_d-aOE

Best Dark Souls 3 video out right now. Forget about nerfing the Dark Sword, nerf the Armor of Thorns!

Dark Spirit Kirk/10

Gorger

So GAF I think I screwed myself over. I have killed every mimic in the game, and I got no Symbol of Avarice helmet which increases my item discovery. I re-checked every location in case I missed someone, and relogged the game in hope that it would magically spawn at their location, but no luck :(

So I really want this item before NG+ to make it easier to farm items, so if any kind gaffers on the PS4 have one extra for lending then I would be eternally grateful.

My PS4 name is the same as my gaff account, so just hit me up if you have one extra. Alright thanks again guys.

Greirat related question.

When you send him out the third time he's not supposed to ever come back. He shows up dead on a roof. Does he find more stuff? If I am done beating bosses and I send him out will I ever find his ashes? What happens if you sen patches out after him?

Syder

The more I make my way through this game the more I realise nothing will ever touch Dark Souls' soundtrack. What's the consensus on DSIII's OST right now? I haven't really heard a boss theme that has struck me yet but I only just got to I
rithyll

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ganking can be awesome, hahah.

Well they can only carry half their estus and their stat is adjusted to the host but other than that, especially when using password, nah.

The price you pay for trying to hamper someone's progress, I'd say.

Indeed. Ganking can even be art.

I think you just have to roll with the punches if you're planning on invading someone's world and potentially hampering their progress. Some invaders might want a fair 1v1 with the host, or at least take it in turns with their phantoms, but that's their own agenda and there's no sense in expecting it to extend to all players out there.

Some hosts don't have a lot of embers, or time, and just want to play through an area with their buddies. In that situation, you're not an honourable invader; you're just a mild inconvenience.

Don't let that put you down, though! For every dirty gank, there are just as many tales of hilariously successful invasions. See below, for example!

https://gfycat.com/PassionateTameDoctorfish

Found this .gif on Reddit. I can't breathe.

Poetry.

Verder

The more I make my way through this game the more I realise nothing will ever touch Dark Souls' soundtrack. What's the consensus on DSIII's OST right now? I haven't really heard a boss theme that has struck me yet but I only just got to I
rithyll

the final boss theme was very well done! hit me right in the feelings pretty hard

Made my way up to
High Lord Wolnir
. Took three attempts to KO him.

Really cool boss.

Also stumbled upon the
Smoldering Lake
. Haven't gone exploring yet.

MilkBeard

what level are you?

94 with a +10 weapon.
Grand Archives/Lothric Castle
is another good area for being summoned at this level.

EDIT: Yesterday I got around 10 Proof of Concords after a couple hours of time spent in
Lothric Castle and Grand Archives.
Make sure not to stand in any boss rooms because it stops searching in them.

I can't shake the feeling this game is like Golden Axe for some reason. The first 1/3 of the game makes me feel like if my memories of the original Golden Axe arcade game were rendered in high def.

The lighting in this game blows my mind. Truly impressive. Just seeing a simple ghoul carrying a lantern in the 2nd area is an incredible experience. The green glow your soul echos leave behind is so cool! Sometimes it results in really dramatic shots.

The level design is very impressive throughout, this may be my favorite Dark Souls because of it. Everything is designed to have a specific look so any time I get to a new area it usually has some kind of interesting art design that I haven't seen before even in other parts of the same level.

I get that feeling of discovery that kind of got worn out in DS2 from just having too many areas. Glad that DS3 is taking from that game though, it had some good ideas.

Enemy design is top notch overall. I like a varied bestiary! More weird animals and mythological beings please! Some of the craziest looking stuff in the series is in this game.

Gorger

So GAF I think I screwed myself over. I have killed every mimic in the game, and I got no Symbol of Avarice helmet which increases my item discovery. I re-checked every location in case I missed someone, and relogged the game in hope that it would magically spawn at their location, but no luck :(

So I really want this item before NG+ to make it easier to farm items, so if any kind gaffers on the PS4 have one extra for lending then I would be eternally grateful.

My PS4 name is the same as my gaff account, so just hit me up if you have one extra. Alright thanks again guys.

Well that didn' take long. Thanks you so much iRAWRasaurus for the helmet. Neogaf is just amazing :)

ultrazilla

So as a complete noob to Dark Souls, should I just stay humble and start out with the very first game or can I start part II or 3?

GulAtiCa

Lol, those ganking videos are funny.

It's more likely I'll see myself against 1v2 or 1v3. But I've won several 1v2 and a few 1v3. It's all about out playing them, esp if they aren't well coordinated. I won a 1v3 in the can-barely-move swamp parts today. Luckily destroyed a summon before others came, and the host soon after. If all 3 were to try to be together and surround me, I'd prob die.

There was a true gank party yesterday that I ended up invading a few times, just waiting for invaders. I barely held my own. They were more well coordinated.

The best thing is usually to use the enemies against them.

kagamin

So as a complete noob to Dark Souls, should I just stay humble and start out with the very first game or can I start part II or 3?

It might be kind of difficult to go back to one because II and III improve a lot of archaic systems in the first, you'd probably like Dark Souls 1 though.

Is there any chance we could establish a password to use for coop/pvp for all of gaf? That DS3Gaf seems like it would be an easy one. Then we could potentially do covenant grinding parties.

Persona7

Banned
Is the netcode shit or hit boxes shit? I cant tell

I've invaded well over 180 times on PC and PS4 since launch and have only had a handful of laggy or dropped games. I would say neither are bad in my experience. Try restricting matchmaking or check your network if you are having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom