• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coda

Had to save this clip of the hardest boss in the game...

giphy.gif

Seriously >.>

Champions cov was such a simple and elegant feature that I can't believe it didn't make it back.

Like, why take something out like that? Similar to power stance im left clueless as to why they would make such a weird move considering the glass cannon nature of a lot of the bosses anyways.

Calamity ring
made a comeback.

Cracklox

My new approach with invaders that I can't be arsed with (ie most of em), is to just go into a gesture like collapse, and give them a chance to kill me easily and move on. If they prove to be honourable and not take the cheap kill. I'll reward them by giving them a fight. Also like the idea I read somewhere in the thread of chugging all estus at the start until the empty animation. Of course I'm not sure I can rely on the other player to do that, but watevs, I think ima try it next time and hope they follow suit

Last Boss spoilers

Not really a fan, I may be tired but his constatnt change of move sets is impossible to track and get the timing down, everything has half second delays or is half second faster than what you think is going to happen. Twins was a good boss because things were clearly telegraphed and you had a good chance if you made the right moves.

Here I have to stay on his ass and dodge hoping he doesn't decide to drop a third swing in.

My new approach with invaders that I can't be arsed with (ie most of em), is to just go into a gesture like collapse, and give them a chance to kill me easily and move on. If they prove to be honourable and not take the cheap kill. I'll reward them by giving them a fight. Also like the idea I read somewhere in the thread of chugging all estus at the start until the empty animation. Of course I'm not sure I can rely on the other player to do that, but watevs, I think ima try it next time and hope they follow suit

If someone is invading you the chances they're honorable are slim to none. Now the people putting down challenge signs on the other hand? Much more likely to not be dicks.

MilkBeard

You can tell some of the Dark Souls 2 team worked on this game, because there are a few areas where they give out bonfires like candy. Some of them are even a room or two away with no real reason for existing (
Demon Ruins
, for example).

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Starting to realize more and more what a worthless stat Vitality is in this game. My vitality is currently 37, I'm wearing TWO burden reducing rings. I can wear pretty heavy armor, carry a Greatsword and not get a fat roll (I'm at %69).

But what does this all boil down to? Since poise is no longer a valid stat, it boils down to taking about %7-%10 less damage than someone who is wearing a mix of light/medium armor.

But look at what I sacrificed -- two ring slots, putting 22 extra points in Vitality from when I started. All for around %10 damage reduction if I'm lucky.

Armor is uncategorically broken.

Steel

Banned
Those times when you invade a three vs 1 and win without using the enemy spawns are so great.

Starting to realize more and more what a worthless stat Vitality is in this game. My vitality is currently 37, I'm wearing TWO burden reducing rings. I can wear pretty heavy armor, carry a Greatsword and not get a fat roll (I'm at %69).

But what does this all boil down to? Since poise is no longer a valid stat, it boils down to taking about %7-%10 less damage than someone who is wearing a mix of light/medium armor.

But look at what I sacrificed -- two ring slots, putting 22 extra points in Vitality from when I started. All for around %10 damage reduction if I'm lucky.

Armor is uncategorically broken.

I pumped vitality to stay under 30 with a light-med weapon and medium armor, personally. And it's well worth the price for that cause. Additionally, the direct defense gain is actually pretty decent.

I also just realized that vit is my highest level stat.

Huh.

sappyday

You can tell some of the Dark Souls 2 team worked on this game, because there are a few areas where they give out bonfires like candy. Some of them are even a room or two away with no real reason for existing (
Demon Ruins
, for example).

There's a place later on in the game where it's just laughable.

After the boss of Lothric Castle you unlock the bonfire for the boss location then you continue for like 10 seconds and the game gives you another bonfire. No enemies in between.

MUnited83

For you.
Demon Ruins
, for example).

They should have put more of the DS2 team then, because it's missing many of the great things from DS2, sadly enough.

I've had people slide to backstab me after being stunned and doing instant transmissions all over th place but those are only every few matches. Although sometimes you'll hear a hit but no one takes damage, and that's more often.

Wouldn't say I've had enough of it to make me genuinely infuriated yet, though.

It's probably something on your end otherwise it would be reported everywhere. Try the general connect fixes, like connecting directly to your modem.
I have done fucking everything. EVERYTHING. It was working GREAT on day one, and then halfway through that day I got kicked off and haven't been able to get back on since. It's infuriating.

Xeteh

Final boss

Phase two is one hitting me with his combo and I can't find a way to dodge it

this whole "guess the timing" is really dragging down the experience man

When you see him hold his sword like he's going to swing a baseball bat, roll backwards asap and get far away. If all goes well he does it once really early in phase two and one more time before you finish him.

Jombie

Last Boss spoilers

Not really a fan, I may be tired but his constatnt change of move sets is impossible to track and get the timing down, everything has half second delays or is half second faster than what you think is going to happen. Twins was a good boss because things were clearly telegraphed and you had a good chance if you made the right moves.

Here I have to stay on his ass and dodge hoping he doesn't decide to drop a third swing in.

I'm not a fan of some of the endurance test boss fights. I like to learn bosses and dodge their attacks, but I hate having to CONSTANTLY dodge. It just gets old to me.

co1onel

Final boss

The combo with the huge range? Just roll all the way back, then after he does the explosion you can run up and get a couple of hits in.

goblin

Final boss

The combo has a real long wind-up time, so as soon as you see him holding his sword back and charging up just cancel whatever you're doing into a backward roll and run away from him until he finishes.

Cracklox

If someone is invading you the chances they're honorable are slim to none. Now the people putting down challenge signs on the other hand? Much more likely to not be dicks.

Aye, I know. I've only tried it twice and I'm 1 and 1. Was surprised when the second guy bowed and just stood there. Was just gunna wait but I thought to myself, you've come for a fight and not being a dick about it so I gave him one. If I can wag my virtual dong for a bit, I owned him too.

But I rarely carry around enough souls to worry about losing, so people can have their cheap wins if it makes them feel better.

Aye, I know. I've only tried it twice and I'm 1 and 1. Was surprised when the second guy bowed and just stood there. Was just gunna wait but I thought to myself, you've come for a fight and not being a dick about it so I gave him one. If I can wag my virtual dong for a bit, I owned him too.

But I rarely carry around enough souls to worry about losing, so people can have their cheap wins if it makes them feel better.

if I have the option to jump off a cliff I do so, why give them the satisfaction?

Pontiff Sullivan is no fun to fight at all. Just
dodge, dodge, doge, poke... dodgedogedgoedgoeodgoegodgoego poke, ad nauseum. I'm beyond burned out on those quick, combo-y bosses that you get like ten seconds to damage for every minute of combat. It's uncomfortably tedious.

In lighter news, I purple invaded a host with two allied phantoms, one of which was a sunbro... and the sunbro sacrificed himself to satisfy my bloodlust. Sunbros are amazing people.
Yes.
Keep going down maze the. you'll start going up. When you see a black knight across a bridge, pass him is the way. There's a switch to disable it.

Huh. That's one way to approach it...
I just dodged it constantly and used the ballista to kill that giant dune worm.
Far from ideal, but it worked.

So what build is everyone currently running? I was going for dex katana build but I'm kind of getting bored of it. Any suggestions?

TheFlow

Banned
Hit my first Roadblock on the last lord of cinder
the princes are kicking my ass
Think I am on my 10-11 try lol

So what build is everyone currently running? I was going for dex katana build but I'm kind of getting bored of it. Any suggestions?

i'm still doing dex katana build, but if you wanna keep with dex you can always get a scythe. But there's only 3 of them in the game apparently lol, such an afterthought.

Jombie

Well, unlike those stupid sharks in BB you're not supposed to fight both at once. Plus you can drag them near the bottom of the stairs, so even if you die your souls are still safe to be picked up.

Both of them can aggro, even if you're not in sight of the one west of the room. I've had to warp back and try again because they never go back into position once aggro'd - they just continually attack the staircase. It's annoying and stupid.

P
ontiff
S
olyvan
is Sunbros central. Wow, just got there and there is a crap ton of summon signs. Decided to drop my own sign and was getting summoned in literally seconds.

Too bad the online is laggy as fuck. Half the time the boss doesn't animate and just slides across the floor and I don't take damage, but when it works it is a ton of fun.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Demon Ruins
, for example).

The bonfire that's the most fucking useless is
Dragonslayer Armor
->
Grand Archives
. There's no reason for both those bonfires to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom