• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manu

Just beat
the Princes.
Great fight, nowhere near as hard as I expected, took me a couple tries but nowhere near stuff like
Pontiff or Old Demon King
, hardest bosses for me so far, hands down. Wonder why
they're not on the intro when the Lords are introduced. It's not like their existence is a lore spoiler or something (or so I thought?)

I guess I'll have to wait until beating the game to do the optional areas I haven't seen since
the bonfire says 'kneel' after speaking to the Firekeeper.

Also, dat first week feeling.

13051664_10209423003681958_3749509083095048439_n.jpg

KHlover

Banned
God, I do want to kill these fuckers though. It's crazy, I had no trouble with the same enemy type in the C
atacombs
but it feels like they've had a ridiculous buff here. I can't even take one at one at a time.
They have the space they need to jump around up there.

BizzyBum

Anyone have any good PvP strength builds?

There's some kick ass weapons from Ludleth but I'm not sure which to choose. Some nice rings are also attached to the same boss soul like HP recovery on hit and more weight capacity so I'm hesitant to commit to something.

I was also going pure STR but there's some nice weapons I could get if I put some points into faith and intelligence...

I guess I'll have to wait until beating the game to do the optional areas I haven't seen since
the bonfire says 'kneel' after speaking to the Firekeeper
Like DS2, DS3 doesn't immediately take you to NG+ when you beat the final story boss. You can keep exploring and choose when to move onto your next playthrough.

Jharp

I'd like to respec but want to complete
Sirri's
quest line.

Is that possible or should I do the quest first before joining
Rosaria's Fingers
?

Chorazin

Took down PS! I was glad he was so hard, because I almost forgot to summon
Anri to help me so I can get the Hollow ending!
I died like 6 times and then was like "oh shit I forgot!"

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how damn good this game is.

ramyeon

The one with the hood that duel wields? Yeah those guys... man fuck them. So fast and they hit hard too.
Yep, not to mention the bleed damage... Finally killed them both in one go this time. And my reward was
just turning off the ballista. Nothing else. Not even a single thing to loot.

Okay this game is much, much better as it gets going. After
Irithyll
, it gets a lot better. Having a real good time now that I've found my weapon, and my shield.

There were some nice parts before
Irithyll
but it was mainly just egh besides the boss fights such as
Sage.

Manu

I can't believe how damn good this game is.

Same. I'm close to the end and this feels like Dark Souls: All Killer, No Filler Edition. No shitty areas or bosses so far. Even the "lame" bosses are much better than the worse bosses from the other games. Unless the game falls off a cliff on the last 10%, it will probably be my favorite in the series.

Brakke

Banned
Man I know these are usually esoteric but the NPC questlines in this game are lame. I fucked up the Catarina quest and made a mess of the Carim lady. Didn't even realized Serris was a thing until I went to look up what I did to Carim and then checked in on the other NPCs. I even rescued Catarina from jail but apparently missed some other step so I don't get the end of the quest. The point-of-no-return on these is totally unclear. I even sent
Greirat to his death; I knew Patches wanted to kill him, so I killed Patches, but Greirat hasn't returned from a scavenge quest.

I definitely want to do another run either in NG+ to achievement hunt or NG to play around with a different build (maybe sorcery? I rarely ever see phantoms using Sorcery, wanna check it out). But I'll for sure have a wiki open on the side to constantly check in on NPC conditions.

location help

ok, so i just killed
Twins in Lothric, I'm guessing I need to go to the "Cursed something of the King" courtyard place, I started going there but I doubled back to the Castle instead.

K' Dash

Do I need to kill these ninja skeletons to reach the ballista and turn it off? I can't do it, they're the worst. Can't stay close because they never stop attacking, can't back off cause they do that stupid jump attack that has ridiculous range and takes of 3/4s of my health.

is it really necessary to do that? I went through that area and didn't disable it, unless you tell me there is an estus shard or bone ash I would not bother.

Naite

Damn it I forgot and just missed my chance to get the Manikin claws again (in my ng+ run). Guess I'll wait until I start my new character to try and get it.

Sephzilla

DAT FINAL BOSS!

When he went into his second life bar and, what I'm assuming was Gwynn's theme, started playing I was all like FUCKING BRING IT!

KHlover

Banned
is it really necessary to do that? I went through that area and didn't disable it, unless you tell me there is an estus shard or bone ash I would not bother.
Did you enter D
emon
R
uins
from BL? If not you missed a ton of stuff.

ok, so i just killed
Twins in Lothric, I'm guessing I need to go to the "Cursed something of the King" courtyard place, I started going there but I doubled back to the Castle instead.
That is actually an optional area.
Lothric is the last lord of cinder. Keep in mind though that that optional area gives you access to 4 more bosses and 3 new areas

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone have any good PvP strength builds?

There's some kick ass weapons from Ludleth but I'm not sure which to choose. Some nice rings are also attached to the same boss soul like HP recovery on hit and more weight capacity so I'm hesitant to commit to something.

I was also going pure STR but there's some nice weapons I could get if I put some points into faith and intelligence...

That ring sucks ass *especially* on a Strength build considering it procs on like the 6th or 7th hit of in consecutive hits and Strength weapons rely on brutal one or two hits unlike Dex. But even if you're using Dex weapons it's rare where you can hit enemies consecutively like that without pulling out before the ring has a chance to proc.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Wow, the PVP really sucks ass in this game. Why would you let someone invade another player who has 3 other players with him? Fucking stupid, sorry. No one who is looking to PVP wants to do it outnumbered 4 to 1

Why are there SO MANY WAYS to break
Siegward's
quest line?! I lit the
Dungeon
bonfire after going down there to beat the invader at the entrance.

Is there any way to save
Greirat
?

Can anyone spare me an
Emit Force
?

At this rate I'm worried this character may not defeat the
Tauros Demon past the tower in Undead Settlement
without incident during NG+3

Reposting for new page. I'm hoping someone can help me out here, and those quests are still salvageable. I quit playing tonight after getting frustrated with that.

Veelk

Banned
Dammit, I fucked up.

I just fought the D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
. I wield the Greatsword. If you're a berserk fan, you already know what this means. I fucked up a spiritual recreation of
Guts vs Grunbeld.

I was going to go into it, but from what I could tell, there was no actually short shortcut to get back to the bonfire. If I died, I didn't want to have to deal with all those enemies again. That and also I've been meaning to get a tag-team match up with an NPC for a while. They've constantly been giving me messages about how they got my back, but I kept forgetting to take them up on it. So I thought I might as well, summon an NPC to help out.

If this happened to a crappy boss like the
Crystal Sage
, it'd ahve been fun, but
Dragonslayer
Armor looked like it would have been an epic epic of epic-y epicness, and I watered it down by bringing a buddy. Dammit.

Brakke

Banned
Defeated Yhorm! Really enjoyed that fight even if it was easy.
I've liked the increased number of gimmick fights in this game. Yhorm, the tree, Wolnir, even the Watchers with that red-eyed "buddy" was cool. Feels nice after Bloodborne, which was much more boss-focused on the difficulty, I thought.

Reposting for new page. I'm hoping someone can help me out here, and those quests are still salvageable. I quit playing tonight after getting frustrated with that.

Lol I posted on this very page about being frustrated by that same situation.

KHlover

Banned
I was talking about the ballista in the S
mouldering
L
ake
I haven't been to the D
emon
R
uins
yet.
We talk about the same area, I just messed up the name. Ya, you missed a ton of cool loot. SL leads to DR leads to
Ballista

MilkBeard

Damn. I just got summoned as a Blue Sentinel to a gankfest. The host had 3 red phantoms just chilling up on a ledge, waiting for some fun. There was also a purple fantom fighting my host in the meantime. yikes.

BizzyBum

That ring sucks ass *especially* on a Strength build considering it procs on like the 6th or 7th hit of in consecutive hits and Strength weapons rely on brutal one or two hits unlike Dex. But even if you're using Dex weapons it's rare where you can hit enemies consecutively like that without pulling out before the ring has a chance to proc.

Oh wow, the description makes it sound like how Bloodborne was.

Good thing I was hesitant to exchange anything yet.

LowParry

So I see three armor types for sale:

Undead Legion
Morne's
Exile

Right now I'm running a DEX/FAITH guild with weapon enchant. Should I be looking for anything specific with this armor or just go with the high resists/absorbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom