• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracklox

if I have the option to jump off a cliff I do so, why give them the satisfaction?

To show me what sorta player they are I guess. Shouldn't (and doesn't) matter at all, but I like to know these things.

Besides, I'm not sure how much satisfaction u can get running through a helpless player. If they are satisfied from doing that, then I'm glad to have never engaged in a proper fight anyway

Welp. I just took out A
ldrich
twice in a row, first try both times. I got summoned by an npc and I didn't realize it would be for THAT fight until it was too late, then I went and did it myself. Cool fight. Vids up soon.

Khezu

So what build is everyone currently running? I was going for dex katana build but I'm kind of getting bored of it. Any suggestions?

40/40 str and dex with a refined Dark Sword and occasionally Farron Greatsword.
Well it's fun to breakdance into enemies with the GS, I think the weapon is kinda lackluster, but Dark Sword more then makes up for it in it's cheapness.

It's effective, but not super interesting.

The most fun I had in Dark Souls was probably early DS2 before they nerfed miracles, going around as a cleric chucking lightning at everything that moved.
Shame it doesn't seem viable in this game.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The Cathedral of the Deep is such a cool area, visually-speaking. Too bad it's so damn
trap-laden

KeRaSh

Slowly creeping my way through C
atacombs
of C
arthus
and S
moldering
L
ake

Managed to beat the boss of the first area on my second attempt and took a break after finding the fog gate of the second area. Will beat that boss after work today.

Farmed a Dark Sword, infused it with a heavy gem and upgraded it to +5. It's quite a beast!

I'm currently stuck on
The Abyss Watchers the first one slaps my shit around then more of them come along and slap my shit around I've tried pulling back when the third appears cuz he helps you kind of but the main one is so freaking fast it's nuts!

Cracklox

Tips on O
ld Demon King? His ground ring fire attack always fucks me up

Have u got a ranged option? Only boss I got 1st time. Without being hit at that
the arenas so big u get a tonne of room to strafe and stay out of the way, and he doesn't have a ranged option, just big goofy telegraphs that are easy to avoid

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm currently stuck on
The Abyss Watchers the first one slaps my shit around then more of them come along and slap my shit around I've tried pulling back when the third appears cuz he helps you kind of but the main one is so freaking fast it's nuts!

No more than one or two hits at a time. When he goes for the long range attack, just pull back and heal. Rinse, wash, repeat.

It is a pain in the ass, though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Had to save this clip of the hardest boss in the game...

giphy.gif

This was me for the longest time

You can just walk outside and grab it from a ladder :p

dreamfall

Finally finished my first run! That last boss -
feeling like a badass, oh WAIT - Phase 2 for a full life bar gaaaaaaaah!

Really enjoyed it- some of those bonfires were way too close together but I almost found myself just running past enemies short distances to activate them and then going back to explore. A little under 30 hours and a blast through and through.

Getting to I
rithyll was so beautiful. And slowly making the way back to Anor Londo blew my mind!

I really enjoyed a lot of the boss fights this go around, great game!

31 hours, level 72 was my finishing stats

A few hours were idle, and I didn't even get to a few of the secret areas.

Now that my 99% blind run is done, it's time to look online and see how to
get that obvious secret ending you all were talking about as well as finishing NPC quests

Caim

how the hell do I infuse my dark sword +5 with a heavy gem

You need the
Farron Coal
in Road of Sacrifices. If you know where the
Black Knight
is in that area it's pretty much past him. It's kind of hard for me to explain where he is, but I want to say it's on the right side of the swamp from the Halfway Fortress bonfire.

Dominator

Did you reach the Cathedral of the Deep? If so
the sorcery merchant is near the entrance to the area,before the boss that leads you into that area and the pyromancy merchant is in undead settlement along with the miracle merchant
I did get the
miracle merchant, but not the pyromancy merchant... Going to have to go back and look.
And I have not been to the Cathedral, I went the other way first to the swamp.

Have u got a ranged option? Only boss I got 1st time. Without being hit at that
the arenas so big u get a tonne of room to strafe and stay out of the way, and he doesn't have a ranged option, just big goofy telegraphs that are easy to avoid

thanks for the tips guys gonna try, yeah his moves are easily seen its just that
large ring of fire that
gets me

Okaaaay. So like I said, I just beat A
ldrich
first try twice in a row, and now I just beat D
ancer
first try. Feel like I'm in boss rush mode now. Still just using my trusty +7 Sharp Uchigatana shieldless, though I did a fire buff for the first boss thinking it might help. I doubt it would've helped on the second for, well, obvious reasons.

Vids currently uploading.

Cracklox

I just cheaped it from a distance with a heavily upgraded bow. I can't even imagine how that fight is for folks at lower levels. You have my respect, sir.

Yikes. I've been all about cheesing bosses with bows. Made a few posts about it. But THAT fight. Fuck that. I tried once and there's just not enough room to maneuver, and stay out of the way of her attacks. Or so I thought.

Well done. The respect u gave the other dude, I give back to you

sappyday

Man I always forget how fun the online is. I just been helping out people for an hour straight on the last boss. Shit's fun since I get summoned quick and usually there is already a battle ensuing when I get there lol.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Man I always forget how fun the online is. I just been helping out people for an hour straight on the last boss. Shit's fun since I get summoned quick and usually there is already a battle ensuing when I get there lol.

I was doing that a lot when I finished the game. That plus summoning into invasion killing sunbro parties is a blast too.

Ferr986

You can tell some of the Dark Souls 2 team worked on this game, because there are a few areas where they give out bonfires like candy. Some of them are even a room or two away with no real reason for existing (
Demon Ruins
, for example).

It's true that there's a problerm with bonfire placements but I don't know why it has to come from DS2 team devs. They actually did it well with the DLC, and, for example, the bonfire appearing after every boss actually comes from Bloodborne.

i'm still doing dex katana build, but if you wanna keep with dex you can always get a scythe. But there's only 3 of them in the game apparently lol, such an afterthought.

I might actually try to get the bloodlust and see if its any good from there.

40/40 str and dex with a refined Dark Sword and occasionally Farron Greatsword.
Well it's fun to breakdance into enemies with the GS, I think the weapon is kinda lackluster, but Dark Sword more then makes up for it in it's cheapness.

It's effective, but not super interesting.

The most fun I had in Dark Souls was probably early DS2 before they nerfed miracles, going around as a cleric chucking lightning at everything that moved.
Shame it doesn't seem viable in this game.

Yeah I was hoping faith builds would be fun again.

Ilive1up

just beat the
Consumed King
in one shot. i feel like i've been churning through bosses without much difficulty. have a +7 Black Blade with Sharp Gem. it's fucking insanely powerful.

Welp. I just took out A
ldrich
twice in a row, first try both times. I got summoned by an npc and I didn't realize it would be for THAT fight until it was too late, then I went and did it myself. Cool fight.

Okaaaay. So like I said, I just beat A
ldrich
first try twice in a row, and now I just beat D
ancer
first try. Feel like I'm in boss rush mode now. Still just using my trusty +7 Sharp Uchigatana shieldless, though I did a fire buff for the first boss thinking it might help. I doubt it would've helped on the second for, well, obvious reasons.

A
ldrich
with A
nri
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8R9wSxiJIc

A
ldrich
solo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIYuKK49LNg

D
ancer
of the B
oreal
V
alley
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAJzy-nP3ts

I was trying to get that stupid dark sword. Ended up with 3 full sets of dark wraith armour and 3 pale tongues and maybe 60 cracked red eye orbs before it dropped. The funniest part is I gave up and decided to just fight Abyss Watchers, decided to kill one for the fuck of it and there it was.

you don't need to "pick" one, you can change them anytine and just use them
I'd say you use the one most that gives you rewards you can use

I thought I saw something about there being a negative effect for switching covenants a lot, but I must have made that up, haha.

Impulsor

My stats at the end of the game, farmed to round em up a little bit:

VIG 30
ATT 10
END 30
VIT 25
STR 40
DEX 40
INT 10
FTH 10
LCK 11

Should I maybe lower my VIT? Is armor even good? With the VIT I have, there are some armors that I can manage to equip a bow with too.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I don't want to summon but I am on my 20the try :,( fuck
Dont feel bad. Took me 5 hours of pretty much continuous attempts to finally beat that boss, so you're still doing really well ;). I would suggest beating it on your own, you'll feel much better if you do.

Also, having beat the game and all of the bosses by myself (I did most of my playthrough before the servers were live in NA), I can say that was the hardest boss for me. There's another one later on in an optional area that's pretty tough, but I still beat that one much, much quicker than the dynamic duo.

TheFlow

Banned
Dont feel bad. Took me 5 hours of pretty much continuous attempts to finally beat that boss, so you're still doing really well ;). I would suggest beating it on your own, you'll feel much better if you do.

Also, having beat the game and all of the bosses by myself (I did most of my playthrough before the servers were live in NA), I can say that was the hardest boss for me. There's another one later on in an optional area that's pretty tough, but I still beat that one much, much quicker than the dynamic duo.
After almost 2 hours I summoned and beat. I feel guilty in a way but I wanted him dead

IbukiLordSA

So
Nameless King
for one of the best if not the best boss fights in a souls game. Definitely the best atmosphere and boss level though. Fight was awesome. Praise the Sun.

Fuck nameless king. Fuck him. I have been stuck on this fuck for 2 days now. Rerolling away from my Thor build because of one fucking boss.

Jamaro85

PvP is strange yet awesome so far. I decided to try my first intentional PvP at the beginning of the Crucifixion Woods. The mad phantom I summoned didn't even try to fight me. It was like he didn't realize we were in PvP. He went around clearing everything and beckoning me to continue with him. He helped me clear out a couple of pretty strong mobs, had every opportunity to attack me from behind but never attempted it. I really didn't understand what his intention was.

In the middle of our PvP-co-op session I got invaded by two additional invaders within less than ten seconds of one another. I thought it was curtains for me and that I was going to get ganged up on. When the first new invader approached I bolted to get to more open ground away from the mobs in the area, and as I looked back to him it appeared that my PvP-co-op partner was beating him down. The new invader died, and I guess the PvP-co-op partner used the separation crystal to exit.

The other new invader came into sight, and we squared off for a good five minutes before both being down to about a quarter health. He got off a couple more hits and reduced my life bar to nothing, at which point I went all in knowing one of us were going to die after my last combo attempt. Somehow he got me down to 1 HP. Is this pure luck, or is there a mechanic that causes this to happen with some frequency? I am using the Blue Tearstone Ring and wonder if perhaps that is what saved me.

I still have no idea why that first guy laid down a PvP glyph to begin with though. I'm guessing it's pretty hard to confuse a PvP player and a cooperator with the different color highlighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom