• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDR-UK

It absolutely sucks that Covenants just seem to not work for certain people, I have had absolutely no luck whatsoever in regards to being summoned for Covenants (Darkmoon, Blue Sentinels, Watchdog) and thus the grind for the platinum is grating on me right now.

And that drop rate. Sigh...

So... Just beat
the twins... Now what do I do. Totally lost. Game gave no hints of progression... They just died that was it.

Return the lords to their thrones!

I've been summoned exactly once for watch dogs and zero times for blademoon/sentinels. I don't think its broken I think there just aren't enough people the right level for watch dogs and no one using way of the blue.

Man I've just farmed 30 tongues. I don't want to farm a bunch more for respecs D:

The bossfight against the
Dragon
is the biggest shit ever created. Nothing is working, nothing. And the camera is completely fucked up. Not bothering with this stupid crap anymore. Already wasted hours because of this. Patch this ffs.

Wagram

Dragon
is the biggest shit ever created. Nothing is working, nothing. And the camera is completely fucked up. Not bothering with this stupid crap anymore. Already wasted hours because of this. Patch this ffs.

If you've spent hours on that
dragon
not understanding why by now, you probably deserve it. It screams what to do.

EDIT: Ahh I see.

MilkBeard

Not saying it is broken for everybody. I sat on multiple locations 20 minutes and nothing where as once I use Red Eye Orb it connects me to other world instantly no matter where I use it so it is not on my connection even. It just doesn't work for me at all. And even if you would get a summon every 20 minutes that doesn't mean you get a guaranteed drop every 20 minutes. You could be too late so that the host is already dead or the invader/invaders are just too good.

It's worth trying, like I said, in the later levels you can get summoned pretty easily. And sometimes I got 2 drops per summon because of multiple invaders. You get one drop per kill. It's still worth it, it's downright nonsense to just do the farm drop method. But if that means you have to wait until late game, then so be it.

I don't really buy that my connection is somehow special and getting all the summons. You just have to be in the right places for it to work, or the right levels (early game you probably won't get summons)

Lord Phol

Never done so much Dark Souls PvP (actually hated it in the DS1/2/Bloodborne) as in this game. I pretty much invade or lay down a summoning sign whenever I die and want som ember back. Love the mound covenant, constant chaos :D. Doesn't seem like the wolf and blue sentinel covenants works as they should do. Been summoned as a sentinel once and I'm probably like two thirds into the game.
Might do a pvp character next, any good guides for this or tips? Like what level should I aim for, what areas are good for PvP?

KHlover

Banned
Dragon
Don't lock on. Also target cam will never be patched because FROM. Actually managed to make it worse than in DS1 in this one, somehow.

Forkball

Can I join the Mound Makers (purple sign) covenant if I've
already beaten the cursed tree and Sirris left because I joined Rosaria's Fingers?

myco666

It's worth trying, like I said, in the later levels you can get summoned pretty easily. And sometimes I got 2 drops per summon because of multiple invaders. You get one drop per kill. It's still worth it, it's downright nonsense to just do the farm drop method. But if that means you have to wait until late game, then so be it.

I don't really buy that my connection is somehow special and getting all the summons. You just have to be in the right places for it to work, or the right levels (early game you probably won't get summons)

I have literally tried every single area with the covenant equipped while exploring those areas and even have left the game running near bonfire and nothing. It just doesn't work for me. Only way for me to get the items was to farm them in PVE. I have only seen one or two blue phantoms while doing invasions also and I've done a bunch of those while getting rewards for other covenants.

And like I said I have no problem connecting while using Red Eye Orb or White Soapstone. Both give me instant connection almost everytime. But Blue Sentinels, Darkmoon, Aldrich Faithfuls and Watchdogs just doesn't work at all.

I FINALLY did it! I beat A
byss Watchers
on my SL1/No Upgrades run! I was about to give up, then on this last one I got him down to the last half of his health with no estus and one hit left on my character, and something just clicked. I was able to get a lucky backstab after a punishable move, followed up by a fully charged R2 with my Fire Reinforced Club to take off just enough health to end it all! So happy!

D
eacons of the Deep
are STILL kicking my ass though.
I just can't outdamage his healing, and the mob is fucking bullshit if you can't take enough of them out at the same time.

MilkBeard

I have literally tried every single area with the covenant equipped while exploring those areas and even have left the game running near bonfire and nothing. It just doesn't work for me. Only way for me to get the items was to farm them in PVE. I have only seen one or two blue phantoms while doing invasions also and I've done a bunch of those while getting rewards for other covenants.

And like I said I have no problem connecting while using Red Eye Orb or White Soapstone. Both give me instant connection almost everytime. But Blue Sentinels, Darkmoon, Aldrich Faithfuls and Watchdogs just doesn't work at all.
Something is weird on your end, Aldritch Faithful is one of the most summoned covenants. You have to be in
Anor Londo
for that to work.

As I said previously, make sure you are set to cross region matching ON and sit near the lothric castle bonfire for darkmoon. You should definitely get a summon if you are anywhere from 70-100 range of level (and your weapon is also properly upgraded).

I understand if you aren't convinced but I know it works, and I've sent others there and they get at least one summon when they go.

myco666

Something is weird on your end, Aldritch Faithful is one of the most summoned covenants. You have to be in
Anor Londo
for that to work.

As I said previously, make sure you are set to cross region matching ON and sit near the lothric castle bonfire for darkmoon. You should definitely get a summon if you are anywhere from 70-100 range of level (and your weapon is also properly upgraded).

I understand if you aren't convinced but I know it works, and I've sent others there and they get at least one summon when they go.

I believe that it works for you and I am not claiming it is broken for everyone but it doesn't work for me. None of the auto-summon covenants work for me. I don't know why they won't work since summoning and regular invading works fine.

daninthemix

Well, I've done all the levels. All that remains are 3 bosses:

Twin Princes
Nameless King
Lord of Cinder

...not sure I can be arsed to be honest.

I know miracles are pretty weak from a damage perspective, but how to people feel about them as a utility pvp deal. I really want to use the sword spear or dragonslayer axe.

MilkBeard

I know miracles are pretty weak from a damage perspective, but how to people feel about them as a utility pvp deal. I really want to use the sword spear or dragonslayer axe.

I haven't used them, but I've seen them used in pvp and they seem pretty decent. Especially if you can hit someone with a long range attack, or at the very least buff your weapon.

KHlover

Banned
if I don't lock on I get one-shotted by fire or lightning?
Those have pretty obvious tells. If it screeches and flies up a bit -> run away, fire

If you see lightning being charged -> dodge as the weapon comes down

Obviously you still need to keep your camera on the boss, just need to do it manually and without lockon.

Dutchman

Neo Member
Dragon

To be fair, it's probably one of the hardest bosses is the entire souls-series. Took me a good few hours to kill him. Just keep trying, at some point i managed to do phase 1 without taking a hit.

NBtoaster

I didn't find
Nameless King
that hard. Maybe I was overleveled? People here saying they beat him at lvl 50 when I was 80.

But you get so many souls at that point in the game and I didn't find much else to spend them on.

Big Chungus

I've been using the butchers cleaver for most of the game. Are there any weapons that I should replace it with that are better? I'm putting a lot of points into str.

I didn't find
Nameless King
that hard. Maybe I was overleveled? People here saying they beat him at lvl 50 when I was 80.

But you get so many souls at that point in the game and I didn't find much else to spend them on.

Anyone who is level 50 and that late in the game deliberately didn't level. At least I didn't. I spent all my souls on spells, armor, weapons, and consumables.

The D
eacons
are down! The only real roadblocks by design are out of the way. Everything else from here on should be fairly smooth sailing.

Leezard

I've been using the butchers cleaver for most of the game. Are there any weapons that I should replace it with that are better? I'm putting a lot of points into str.

I find that the Heavy Dark Sword deals more damage with the same amount of str at +6 or so.

So, how many hours is an average first playthrough? I've played almost 50 hours and I'm currently moving through the Irithyll dungeons towards profaned capital I think.

My playstyle is every nook and cranny exploration and slaying most enemies at least once. My level is somewhere between 60 and 70. It's great that it's not over yet, though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Started new full strength build with a minimun dex requirement.

I've been using Spiked Mace and it is a beast weapon. It staggers, it bleeds, and it does massive damage. It scales A with heavy gem.

Abyss Watchers
were a piece of cake.

Hmm that weapon hasn't dropped for me, but I might consider getting it. Bleed + stagger sounds nice.

So, how many hours is an average first playthrough? I've played almost 50 hours and I'm currently moving through the Irithyll dungeons towards profaned capital I think.

My playstyle is every nook and cranny exploration and slaying most enemies at least once. My level is somewhere between 60 and 70. It's great that it's not over yet, though.

You're definitely taking your time but that's good if you like to take everything in. You're at
60% ish
in the main game

btw the ENB run is getting pretty good. Last few episodes were ace. And I never even found
Dusk and Elizabeth
:eek: There were too many frogs there, I just peaced out

saturnine

Started new full strength build with a minimun dex requirement.

I've been using Spiked Mace and it is a beast weapon. It staggers, it bleeds, and it does massive damage. It scales A with heavy gem.

Abyss Watchers
were a piece of cake.

I almost want to say this weapon is bullshit in pvp. Ridiculous damage with huge range sweeps and it stuns longer somehow.

LiK

Got 30 Sunbro medals in 3 hours, would've been faster if the hosts stopped dying on me.

Had some fun two-handing the Fume GS and Washing Pole. Went no shields and it was quite exciting. I think I'm overleveled cuz I'm getting summoned into NG+ bosses who take a lot of damage. At least I know people are still summoning a lot there too.

Any recommendation for spears/halberds? Like something similar to the Mastadon Halberd in Dark Souls II?

The Black Knight Halberd is back to its old moveset, so its pretty good, but you get super late. The only other ones I can think of that are decent is two very late optional boss soul weapons. Halberds kind of got the shaft. A scythe might be the best choice for something like a halberd or rapier for spear.

arnehelst

Experienced constant freezes after 1.04 patch. Anyone else having the same problems?

I have a 760, but managed to fix bonfire bug by using older 342 drivers, and it ran perfectly until the new patch.

Trying 362 drivers now that should also not have the bonfire bug.

Akai XIII

Half way through the game on my second character. No shield, light armour (rags), dex build and no summons... Old Demon King was surprisingly hard due to the attack spam.

Sarcasm

Experienced constant freezes after 1.04 patch. Anyone else having the same problems?

I have a 760, but managed to fix bonfire bug by using older 342 drivers, and it ran perfectly until the new patch.

Trying 362 drivers now that should also not have the bonfire bug.

Try increasing min page file (or page file all together)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom