• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, summoning tonight is a pain in the ass. Time outs, dropped connections, lag, oh my.

Beat
Dancer
twice though. Fun to poison her.

ramyeon

FUCK.

Siegward died because I couldn't figure out how to use the goddamn Storm Ruler. I could charge it but then after that nothing freaking happened. Am I screwed? If I died is he still gone for good? :(

FUCK.

Siegward died because I couldn't figure out how to use the goddamn Storm Ruler. I could charge it but then after that nothing freaking happened. Am I screwed? If I died is he still gone for good? :(

Once it's fully charged, hold L2 and then hold R2 as well to swing.

daninthemix

FUCK.

That's the end of his questline anyway. He died to Yhorm in 10 seconds when I fought with him. Shrug.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Stray trivia related to U
ntended Graves

You can still jump onto the Firelink Shrine roof using the tree trick, and gain access to the arches over the inner chamber. The same illusory wall is there too and if you go to the end you'll find a chest with the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, like in the actual Firelink Shrine. If you loot the ring from the Untended Graves chest, the chest will be open and empty if you revisit it in Firelink Shrine.

In my first playthrough I missed the ring but I found it while exploring Untended Graves. I thought I could get two rings by looting the same chest in Firelink Shrine but it was GONE!

3spooky5me

ramyeon

Once it's fully charged, hold L2 and then hold R2 as well to swing.

That's the end of his questline anyway. He died to Yhorm in 10 seconds when I fought with him. Shrug.
Still disappointed... Came that far just to screw up like that.

Also this boss is stupid.
It should be easy but about half way through Storm Ruler starts refusing to charge up. No idea why or what I'm doing wrong.

Zocano

Most of the time I just get him to 80% and my best attempt has been 50%. Not going well at all.

Best to just bang your head against it until you can dodge him reliably 90% of the time. Time to learn da fight. He's actually pretty easy to learn compared to most bosses, he just hits super hard so a fuck up is usually death (or it leads to panic healing attempts that just lead to death).

Finally beat the N
ameles
K
ing
at SL 50 and solo. Feels pretty good took way too many tries. Definitely not cut out for a SL 1 run.

Edit: I didn't mean to be dick i just realized someone was complaining about that fight at 50 a few post up. I went trough like 30 embers don't give up hope! Its doable!

I couldn't spend a lot of time in there yet but man its kicking my butt. Hopefully it grows on me, I just started to familiarize myself with its layout.

So
Farron Keep
did grow on me!! I liked the layout and atmosphere and oh my goodness
Abyss Watchers
was sooo good!! The music added so much to the fight as well. Very tense. Sadly its late so I summoned an npc for help and I beat it in one try and only used 2 flasks. :)

Still disappointed... Came that far just to screw up like that.

Also this boss is stupid.
It should be easy but about half way through Storm Ruler starts refusing to charge up. No idea why or what I'm doing wrong.
After your blue bar is empty it only does weak attacks

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So how do I deal with
the giant crossbow thing at the sulphorous lake or whatever its called? I go through the demon temple, made it past the black knight climb up the long ladders and come to an area where there are some wagon wheel skeletons on the right and a path that leads to two red eye flippy shit skeletons on the left. I can't beat them since they have infinite stamina and are broken. What am I supposed to do? Is there an easy way to kill these things? I have not encountered any sort of blessed weapon at all.

Hah! That was you? I saw that duel on Twitch today. A user just finished speed running bosses using only a bow. Then he brought out his Kratos to show us, and you appeared. Was a fun battle. It was witnessed by thousands :)

is there a video of the stream ? i'd love to se the chat comments via replay lol

J-Skee

yep

NG++ required for plat

On that same subject, what's more important for the first run: Master of Rings or Master of Pyromancies? Trying decide whether to go the H
avel
R
ing
or B
oulder
H
eave
with my S
oul of a
S
tray
D
emon

Zocano

NG++ is required either way for a certain boss weapon anyways.

Nah, you don't need the boss weapons for platinum. The only thing that requires NG+ and NG++ is the rings. You can get everything else in NG.

On that same subject, what's more important for the first run: Master of Rings or Master of Pyromancies? Trying decide whether to go the H
avel
R
ing
or B
oulder
H
eave
with my S
oul of a
S
tray
D
emon

I mean if you're asking if you want Rings or Pyro in the first NG you can't get Rings in NG so if you *really* want a trophy, do pyro, but the ring is better cause it's just actually useful.

Sarcasm

Weapons sure.

Don't look at where the titanites are tho.

Man, upgrading in this game takes an insane amount of titanite.

2/4/8 is super high inflation from 1/2/3 needed in ds2; now I don't even get excited if I pick up some titanite, cause I know I need several more for it to matter.

Yeah this still doesn't help me choose....lol

Just looked them up.

A couple D
ancer
fights down and there was a pretty funny one I had where some dude summoned 3 of us and so it's us 4 vs. her and because her tracking is so fucking weird with more than one person we were pretty much synchronized dodging every time she swung because we never knew if her body would contort in some stupid way and hit behind her. It looked like that fucking scene from Shaun of the Dead.

That said, damn, I...really don't like curved swords, or at least Painting Warrior's Sword. I am totally happy with the damage and Bleed/Poison now that I infused it but fuck's sake it's range is SO BAD I have to be inside a boss' asshole to hit it sometimes. Satisfying as hell to see 100...200...300...400...500...2500 though and then their life start ticking down. Wish poison did a bit more damage though, we're talking like 3 or 4 damage a click.

Soodanim

It's kind of weird how Dark Souls III is like backwards Dark Souls. DS1 has an amazing first half but completely runs of gas post Anor Londo. Dark Souls III starts out with levels are either semi wonky homages to previous things, and features quite possibly the blandest looking area From Software has ever created. But immediately after that particular place it's like a long string of 10 out of 10 areas, with some of the most aesthestically phenomenal places being essentially the end game. The best bosses, and level design is the 2nd half of the game. I think it's the first time I've ever felt that way in one of these games since Demon's Souls.
What's the bland area?

I wish more weapons were viable for this game, I think that's always been my big negative for most Souls games. Like...split damage weapons are almost always inferior, most weapon categories always have one weapon that everybody plays with because it's objectively superior...it's fine to have early weapons ramp up to late game weapons and sometimes just have better ones but I'd really like to randomly get a drop from like...those weird I
rithyll
monstrosities and use it for a while and be like "This could be neat" and then have it be completely possible for me to run the game with it without having such a harder time then going "Zweihander +10 build" or whatever.

Edit: I love all these "game was boring/bland/dumb" for the first half of this game. This has pretty much been the most consistent Dark Souls game for me of them all. I was hooked from Undead Settlement and I think that these levels are all designed phenomenally and super fun.

K' Dash

My patience is growing thin as I advance to the final chunk of the game, I got to the Dragonslayer Armor and he throwed me off a cliff as I killed him, apparently I died before his death animation and had to fight him 15-20 more times, I lost count to be honest. All this while my GF couldn't stop asking me to help her pick colors for her new coloring book every 2 minutes...

verbatimo

Started new full strength build with a minimun dex requirement.

I've been using Spiked Mace and it is a beast weapon. It staggers, it bleeds, and it does massive damage. It scales A with heavy gem.

Abyss Watchers
were a piece of cake.

My patience is growing thin as I advance to the final chunk of the game, I got to the Dragonslayer Armor and he throwed me off a cliff as I killed him, apparently I died before his death animation and had to fight him 15-20 more times, I lost count to be honest. All this while my GF couldn't stop asking me to help her pick colors for her new coloring book every 2 minutes...

The answer is obvious.

Summon a co-op phantom for your girlfriend.

SZips

Beat the game tonight for the first time.

I gave the final boss a solid solo effort but I just could not do it without getting more and more frustrated and upset. Took him down with a couple of awesome and random summons.

Then went back to take on NK. I was frustrated with him the other night and didn't even bother trying to solo him again tonight. I just immediately went for the summons.

I tell ya, I don't care what anybody thinks. I'm so glad I didn't keep trying to push myself to solo some of those bosses. I realized I had nothing to prove to anybody and I'd rather not stress out over a video game.

Now I'm going to make a backup of my save and think about NG+ at some point down the road.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Stray trivia related to U
ntended Graves

You can still jump onto the Firelink Shrine roof using the tree trick, and gain access to the arches over the inner chamber. The same illusory wall is there too and if you go to the end you'll find a chest with the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring, like in the actual Firelink Shrine. If you loot the ring from the Untended Graves chest, the chest will be open and empty if you revisit it in Firelink Shrine.

In my first playthrough I missed the ring but I found it while exploring Untended Graves. I thought I could get two rings by looting the same chest in Firelink Shrine but it was GONE!

3spooky5me

Messages in one are also in the other.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ok I
turned off the crossbow at smouldering lake......now what? I have no idea where I'm supposed to go. I killed the ODK

kagamin

Beat the game tonight for the first time.

I gave the final boss a solid solo effort but I just could not do it without getting more and more frustrated and upset. Took him down with a couple of awesome and random summons.

Then went back to take on NK. I was frustrated with him the other night and didn't even bother trying to solo him again tonight. I just immediately went for the summons.

I tell ya, I don't care what anybody thinks. I'm so glad I didn't keep trying to push myself to solo some of those bosses. I realized I had nothing to prove to anybody and I'd rather not stress out over a video game.

Now I'm going to make a backup of my save and think about NG+ at some point down the road.

Just play the game how you want, simple as that. :p Not everyone has to go around at SL1 and wreck every boss solo at NG+7 with no deaths. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom