• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISee

I'm getting a bit frustrated with
the Twins
... All other bosses were okay, so far at least. But them... I'm really hitting a stone wall atm...
I get pretty well through the first phase, but after that I'm not able to find openings to do dmg to the boss.

Unrelated, but funny (hope it hasn't been posted to often already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFTEObKEnk

daninthemix

So the problem with Soul of Cinder is that I'm doing jack-shit in terms of damage. My damage output was enough to get me to the last boss just fine, but now it's like I'm holding a spitwad.

ramyeon

Fuck
Champion Gundyr
the guy will not get off my ass for even a second in his second phase. I have the first phase down to a T but as soon as he transitions I just lose it.

daninthemix

I'm getting a bit frustrated with
the Twins
... All other bosses were okay, so far at least. But them... I'm really hitting a stone wall atm...
I get pretty well through the first phase, but after that I'm not able to find openings to do dmg to the boss.

Unrelated, but funny (hope it hasn't been posted to often already):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVFTEObKEnk

I got annoyed with them too - by far the hardest boss up till that point. I beat them by summoning whats-her-name, blocking and circling (I had the Dragon Crest Shield). Normally I don't bother blocking for boss fights but it really helped here.

usp84

Well, it's hard, but you can get it before the undead settlement in theory.

Now i have to try and get it before Undead Settlement and do a playthrough with it!

All i have to do is beat
Dance and Oceiros
at SL 20 or so!

I'm progressing pretty quickly through NG+ with my main character, a dex katana build. I want to start a new magic/dark/pyro character. Does anyone have recommendations for good early/mid/late game weapons for a character focused on int?

Kaname

I'm progressing pretty quickly through NG+ with my main character, a dex katana build. I want to start a new magic/dark/pyro character. Does anyone have recommendations for good early/mid/late game weapons for a character focused on int?

I'd be interested as well :)
Though I'm probably going to make some stupid builds just for fun like whip and soldering iron :p

ISee

I got annoyed with them too - by far the hardest boss up till that point. I beat them by summoning whats-her-name, blocking and circling (I had the Dragon Crest Shield). Normally I don't bother blocking for boss fights but it really helped here.

I'm trying a completely different approach atm. I'm two handing fume and doing dmg to both of them with one hit... Will see if this will work out in the end. But I'll keep your tactic in mind, thx. But I doubt I'll be able to summon her... as she is a bit unsatisfied with some of my decision in the past... typical WOMAN! ;)

ramyeon

Guys, I'm at my breaking point with C
hampion Gundyr.
I think I've died more to this boss than any Souls boss ever. He just will not give me any breathing room in the second phase at all. So close to throwing in the towel and summoning.

GorillaJu

Guys, I'm at my breaking point with C
hampion Gundyr.
I think I've died more to this boss than any Souls boss ever. He just will not give me any breathing room in the second phase at all. So close to throwing in the towel and summoning.

Don't give up. Try parrying his polearm attacks.

Moff

Just started NG+

Is it possible to beat whilest staying at PVP meta of 100-110ish SL?

It's weird, I felt the last few bosses in NG were balanced around level 90 to 100. but now in NG+ I am just walking thorugh, it's so much easier. I reached illyhtrilli now

ramyeon

That's why we are here :)
What would I do without you guys? :D

So I got the Firekeeper Eyes and as far as I've heard they unlock an ending. At the moment I'm en route for the Yuria/Hollow ending... If I hand these over am I going to mess that up? Or can I upload my save and get both from one play through at the end?

J4g3r

Just started NG+

Is it possible to beat whilest staying at PVP meta of 100-110ish SL?

NG+ in this one doesn't feel like the leap in difficulty it has been in previous games, at least in my opinion.

I should hit NG++ today, need to collect all those +1 rings first though!

Menome

Where pray tell?

In High Wall of Lothric:
Kill Emma in the room directly opposite and up the stairs from the Vordt boss. This will trigger the Dancer boss-battle.

Defeat them, and progress to the Consumed King's Garden, rush through to Oceiros and defeat him too.

The Black Knight Halberd is just beyond the boss-room.

Rodin

NG+, i'm in
Irithyll
and
Pontiff Sulyvahn
wrecked me 6-7 times. I almost killed him using Eleonora, but he got me in the end. Is he THAT much stronger than in normal mode? I don't remember having any problem with him during the first run. The funny thing is that i got killed here more than in any other area in NG+ up to this point, where enemies simply couldn't touch me (especially after i went in "easy mode"... yes, i started using the FUGS, just for fun lol).

ISee

What would I do without you guys? :D

So I got the Firekeeper Eyes and as far as I've heard they unlock an ending. At the moment I'm en route for the Yuria/Hollow ending... If I hand these over am I going to mess that up? Or can I upload my save and get both from one play through at the end?

The Eyes
just unlock the option for (actually) two endings. If you still want the
Yuria ending
you're free to do so :)

Tak3n

Banned
Dragon slayer shield is fantastic. That special move. Also I have a weird bug. When I respawn all 4 toxin tables appear and then dissapear

Nameless

Why do people insist on fighting their way across the hell bridge on the way to
The Princes
when a there's a quick & painless shortcut from the
Dragon Barracks
bonfire? Oh well, easy tongues for me.

Why do people insist on fighting their way across the hell bridge on the way to
The Princes
when a there's a quick & painless shortcut from the
Dragon Barracks
bonfire? Oh well, easy tongues for me.

I just take the shortcut elevator from The Dancer bonefire then go right to the 2nd shortcut elevator to the right of that.

ElFly

Where am I supposed to put my sign down for the fifth lord of cinder?

I put my sign down outside its door, but was never summoned.

ISee

So I'm in front of the
Dragonslayer Armour
boss fight. How far into the game am I at this moment?

Good question.
Depending how you explored stuff, and what bosses you've done before the
Dragonslayer Armor
as there are some branching paths...
I'd say 70-80% done.

Taruranto

Replaying the game with a new chara is kinda souring my enjoyment of the game a little. The linearity really become obvious.

No stuff like "Do I take Blightown shortcut?" or "In which order do I tackle Majula?", kinda of a bummer. It doesn't help that both High Wall and The Undead Settlement are among my least favorite areas.

pa22word

Just beat ng+. Now on to cov stuffs :D

Mound makers seem really fun thus far. All the chaos can make for some really interesting scenarios.

Is there a way to avoid invasions in this game while embered like burning effigies in 2?
Just equip way of blue for an extra phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom