• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

Endgame/NG+ Question..

I did the Usurper questline, got the ending and trophy, but Yuria is still standing there, not giving me her armour/weapon, did I fuck up by not giving her Oerbeck's ashes? I got them after finishing his questline and went to her, but she didn't ask for them again..

What's the state of sin in DS3? Can I just go on a murder spree like in DS1 or is it like DS2?

SZips

Just play the game how you want, simple as that. :p Not everyone has to go around at SL1 and wreck every boss solo at NG+7 with no deaths. ;)

I did exactly that. In the previous games I used to hate calling in for random player backup on bosses. It felt "cheap" but I don't have the time nor patience for that nonsense now! I'm quite happy with all of the accomplishments in the game.

Honestly, DS3 has been one of the best gaming experiences in a while and probably the best Souls game I've played.

Moff

Endgame/NG+ Question..

I did the Usurper questline, got the ending and trophy, but Yuria is still standing there, not giving me her armour/weapon, did I fuck up by not giving her Oerbeck's ashes? I got them after finishing his questline and went to her, but she didn't ask for them again..

What's the state of sin in DS3? Can I just go on a murder spree like in DS1 or is it like DS2?

just kill yuria, her ashes woull make you buy her armor and she drops the weapon

Menome

So how do I deal with
the giant crossbow thing at the sulphorous lake or whatever its called? I go through the demon temple, made it past the black knight climb up the long ladders and come to an area where there are some wagon wheel skeletons on the right and a path that leads to two red eye flippy shit skeletons on the left. I can't beat them since they have infinite stamina and are broken. What am I supposed to do? Is there an easy way to kill these things? I have not encountered any sort of blessed weapon at all.

You have to progress to the left. Up there is the push-wheel to stop the machine. What I did was just run like hell to the machine and avoided the enemies. You're immune to attacks once you start the interaction animation.

Once it's deactivated, it stays that way, so you don't have to go back up.

yami4ct

Finished off the N
ameless King
today. That was so much damn fun to fight. It felt like everything I liked about Souls design in a single fight. I didn't personally find the camera to be an issue and I love how he really tasked me with using the full extent of my skills.

Only 1 boss left. Will probably finish it tomorrow. After being super disappointed in Dark Souls 2 and pretty down on Bloodborne as well, this game has redeemed From for me. It's not perfect. It starts slower than I'd like and there's a boss or two in there that doesn't feel perfectly designed. It's still the sequel to Dark Souls I've always wanted. I might even like it more than the original. Dark Souls 1 has higher highs in level design and the world in general, but Dark Souls 3 was more consistently fun and challenging for me. Dark Souls 3 has some of my favorite bosses in the entire series. The I love the changes to the combat they've made as well. changes to Pyro in particular made me really build my character in a way I never have and that's been great. It's weird to be using my pyro as a main damage source, but it's been a great change. Overall, it's been a fantastic experience. I'm a bit sad to be wrapping it up, but it's better to end now than have it drag on too long.

I mean that phase 1 is far too easy, so you waste about 3-4 mins just getting to the meat of the battle. It sucked getting to phase 2 and dying in 10 seconds a few times due to silly mistakes.
You're 100% correct. All of the hard bosses have one thing in common: aggression. NK is the same so the fact that you have to waste time with phase one is mind bogglingly annoying.

myco666

Again, I've given lots of proof in this thread that there are areas where you can get summoned easily. Just use your head. You have to determine, depending on your level and weapon upgrades, where the bulk of players will be that will need it.

During my playtime around level 70-100, I would get summoned every couple of minutes in the
Archdragon Peak, Lothric Castle, and Grand Archives
. I've already maxed the covenant in a few hours. I'd even sometimes get several covenant drops in one summon because of the multiple invaders. I would recommend going to those areas if you are of a high level.

It is not about using your head since the covenant just doesn't work for some of us. I tried all locations with the covenant and nothing. Then I try Red Eye Orb and it connects immediately to someone. So only option to get the items was to farm them. Same with the Watchdogs covenant and Aldrich covenant.

Hoo boy. It probably took me 10 tries to beat D
eacons
of the D
eep
. That was frustrating. And now I'm in the Catacombs. My enjoyment is rapidly dropping, but I must persevere.

Onemic

Just beat
Dragonslayer.
He's the one boss that was really tough at first, but once I figured out his attack pattern I was easily able to take him down.(Though figuring out all his attack patterns took about 10 or so deaths :p) Usually I just spam those pyro chaos orbs until they die and dont bother working out boss patterns, but that shield of his wasnt having any of that.

I'm surprised theres still more of the game left though. Ive pretty much clocked 50 hours at this point.

Zocano

Endgame/NG+ Question..

The trigger for getting her stuff without killer her is
you have to kill Soul of Cinder with her summoned as a helper (her summon sign will be right outside the boss fog if you've done all the prior steps correctly (i.e. have 8 dark sigils). The Orbeck's Ashes thing is just an optional thing for her questline and has no bearing on the actual ending.

As far as sin, if it's there, it's a hidden stat.

joesmokey

Knocked out a bunch of bosses tonight:

Yhorm the Giant: Boy did I feel stupid for this fight. I didn't know that you could charge a weapon in 2hr stance with L2, then do a special move with R1/R2. After getting the Storm Chaser, I still had no clue what to do without finding help. I'm a Pyromancer, so I've been using the flame in the left hand and a sword in the right the entire game. They should have had this gimmick fight in much earlier in the game so that it forced me to understand how weapons work. I still feel stupid :(.

Aldrich, Devourer of Gods: Pretty easy fight for ranged/pyro. Only hard thing is waiting for an opening with his sorcery homing missiles.

Dancer of the Boreal Valley: Wow, is this boss bugged or something? My Great Chaos Fire Orb wrecked this thing and I barely had to do anything other than stay ranged and dodge a couple times.

Overall I'm finding the second-half of the game surprisingly easier going than the first-half (so far at least). Great Chaos Fire Orb is making all the pains of sticking with Pyromancy worth it. On the downside, I've found
Fire Whip and the other dark spells like Black Flame and Black Fire Orb
completely useless.

Right now my load-out is: Great Chaos Fire Orb, Fire Orb (to finish them off), and Great Soul Arrow. It feels like I haven't switched armor in ages, I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or if light armor just isn't that useful.

Edit:
I'm also using a Chaos Dark Sword and a Raw Broadsword, both which seem to be working well.

kagamin

Twin Princes fight is total bullshit. I'd pay money to see Miyazaki beat them.

Honestly not that hard, he has short, predictable combo strings in both phases, and the magic in phase 2 is easily dodged, be careful and don't get impatient like me, best advice I can give. ;P

Ogawa-san

The trigger for getting her stuff without killer her is
you have to kill Soul of Cinder with her summoned as a helper (her summon sign will be right outside the boss fog if you've done all the prior steps correctly (i.e. have 8 dark sigils). The Orbeck's Ashes thing is just an optional thing for her questline and has no bearing on the actual ending.
That didn't work for me.
She survived the fight, I got the hollow ending, but she's still alive back in Firelink Shrine and with the same dialog as before the fight.

Artdayne

Is the NPC summon worth it in this fight?

Yes. The one thing I will say about Twin Princes is that it's a bit more punishing for drinking Estus than a few of the other fights, at least that was my experience. Summoning an NPC will be helpful if nothing else but allowing you to refill your health bar when needed.

In the second phase just stay close to the boss and the younger one that casts magic will rarely ever cast if you are close enough so it feels practically identical to phase 1. Also try to cleave and aim for the back so you hit the younger prince as much as possible because the fight ends once he dies.

daninthemix

Yes. The one thing I will say about Twin Princes is that it's a bit more punishing for drinking Estus than a few of the other fights, at least that was my experience. Summoning an NPC will be helpful if nothing else but allowing you to refill your health bar when needed.

This was definitely a problem. Seemed like every time I drank estus, it caused me to be combo'd again.

MilkBeard

It is not about using your head since the covenant just doesn't work for some of us. I tried all locations with the covenant and nothing. Then I try Red Eye Orb and it connects immediately to someone. So only option to get the items was to farm them. Same with the Watchdogs covenant and Aldrich covenant.

Depending on your level, you will want to be sitting in certain areas. I'm pretty sure the summoning takes a priority depending on your area first.

But anyway, it's definitely not broken, you have to find the sweet spot. I've probably gotten 40-50 Concords Kept so far in this playthrough.

Either way, even if it takes 10-20 minutes per summon, you will still get them at a faster rate than grinding the drops. But if people want to do it that way, it's fine, I guess.

vocab

Well at least thanks to the dried finger we're able to have situations like the invasion vid I posted last page (3 phantoms + host vs 2 invaders (me and some other person)).

That's fine, it's just that getting locked out of the fog gate and having some insane ai desync because of it is a huge bummer.

Zocano

That didn't work for me.
She survived the fight, I got the hollow ending, but she's still alive back in Firelink Shrine and with the same dialog as before the fight.

Oh, weird. But
I always checked on her before choosing an ending after killing Soul of Cinder.

pbayne

Beat the game and got the standard
Link the fire end
. Maybe it was just me but it was probably the easiest souls game so far.

Weird question but why does
Patches show up? Literally never ran into him before he just randomly shows up in Firelink shrine and apologies for something he didn't do?

MilkBeard

I'm beginning to feel that, with the weird lag and phantom range, big weapons have a huge advantage in pvp. Seems like I get hit when I'm supposed to be in my I frames. Yet my attacks never connect properly. It's a little bit tiring.

Champion Gundyr
is seriously no joke. Holy shit.

I still don't understand people issue with the fight. Just stay close and don't get body checked. I think I got lucky.

I'm beginning to feel that, with the weird lag and phantom range, big weapons have a huge advantage in pvp. Seems like I get hit when I'm supposed to be in my I frames. Yet my attacks never connect properly. It's a little bit tiring.

Super Armor from the large weapons never seems to work for me, but it sure does for everyone else!

KHlover

Banned
Started a Coop playthrough with a friend yesterday. Absolute blast so far, especially the PVP. He uses Dried Fingers so we have nonstop 2vs2 action. Those rings sold by Yuri are hilarious. He wears the one that makes him look like a phantom while I wear the one that makes me look like a host. Sometimes I'll also "invade" him as a mad phantom, we'll "fight" and as soon as the other phantom tries to help me I'll backstab it.

I'm on my third playthrough and I still don't know what frost bitten does.
You're slower and everything you do takes more stamina iirc

Novocaine

I still don't understand people issue with the fight. Just stay close and don't get body checked. I think I got lucky.

Maybe. He was a monster for me, but I enjoyed the fight.

But I do think that the bosses could all do with a little tuning, bring some of the early ones up a little and some of the later ones down. There's a massive difficulty spike mid game and that's really not very fun, a gradual difficulty curve would have made the experience more enjoyable.

Twin Princes fight is total bullshit. I'd pay money to see Miyazaki beat them.

I honestly thought it was one of the easiest boss fights in the game. Beat it on my first try (whereas N
ameless King
took me 20+ attempts). He only has like 3 combos that leave him wide-open at the end and his charge-up attacks and magic are ridiculously easy to avoid. Probably easier than Dragonslayer Armor, even.

I keep seeing people refer to the Nameless King as the most difficult boss, I took him out first try no problem.
Dragon Armour however, motherfuck that guy.

I'm considering a Luck/Dex build, for poison and bleed. Is it viable in this game ? Never tried that in any Souls games but I'd like to :p

myco666

Depending on your level, you will want to be sitting in certain areas. I'm pretty sure the summoning takes a priority depending on your area first.

But anyway, it's definitely not broken, you have to find the sweet spot. I've probably gotten 40-50 Concords Kept so far in this playthrough.

Either way, even if it takes 10-20 minutes per summon, you will still get them at a faster rate than grinding the drops. But if people want to do it that way, it's fine, I guess.

Not saying it is broken for everybody. I sat on multiple locations 20 minutes and nothing where as once I use Red Eye Orb it connects me to other world instantly no matter where I use it so it is not on my connection even. It just doesn't work for me at all. And even if you would get a summon every 20 minutes that doesn't mean you get a guaranteed drop every 20 minutes. You could be too late so that the host is already dead or the invader/invaders are just too good.

sappyday

I keep seeing people refer to the Nameless King as the most difficult boss, I took him out first try no problem.

It's crazy how different the game can be to others. For me DA was your typical 1v1 boss that you can easily just dodge to the right and then attack. NK has that stupid camera problem in the first phase and he's a lot more relentless than DA in the second phase.

That's how it was for me.

It's crazy how different the game can be to others. For me DA was your typical 1v1 boss that you can easily just dodge to the right and then attack. NK has that stupid camera problem in the first phase and he's a lot more relentless than DA in the second phase.

That's how it was for me.

Maybe I had real weak lightning res or something, because he pretty much took out like 90% of my health with every attack. I loved the twin princes fight though, to all those complaining. Probably my favourite of the whole game, really cool design and their move pattern - stylish as fuck.

Maybe. He was a monster for me, but I enjoyed the fight.

But I do think that the bosses could all do with a little tuning, bring some of the early ones up a little and some of the later ones down. There's a massive difficulty spike mid game and that's really not very fun, a gradual difficulty curve would have made the experience more enjoyable.

As someone who cleared the entire game from the Abyss Watchers on SL 50 I definitely saw the spike, but none of it seemed unmanageable. I thought Gundyr and Vort are great challenges upfront even if I didn't struggle with them. Everything after until Pontiff is incredibly weak though.

A big problem I had with Nameless King is that there combo that if the first swing hit you it kill you no matter what at 20 Vig.

Dragon Armor is super vulnerable to both strike and frostbite either of those trivialize that fight.

Twins while a neat idea was kind of a bummer the attacks are far too slow to be threatening once you see the pattern.

Decided to finally go into NG+, but before i go i want to kill all the npcs in fire link... so will there be any repercussions if i kill the NPCs for NG+ mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom