• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

And Platinum Trophy get. That was 75h well spent. Very grindy road to get all the trophies though.

Where am I supposed to put my sign down for the fifth lord of cinder?

I put my sign down outside its door, but was never summoned.

Next to the bonfire.

Just beat ng+. Now on to cov stuffs :D

Mound makers seem really fun thus far. All the chaos can make for some really interesting scenarios.

Just equip way of blue for an extra phantom.
Ah good call. I was just hoping to stay embered and avoid invasions while I go through ng+. I liked having that option.

Arjen

Replaying the game with a new chara is kinda souring my enjoyment of the game a little. The linearity really become obvious.

No stuff like "Do I take Blightown shortcut?" or "In which order do I tackle Majula?", kinda of a bummer. It doesn't help that both High Wall and The Undead Settlement are among my least favorite areas.

Yep this one of the major flaws I have, it's super linear in terms of areas, that was the best about dark souls, you had so many options right from the start, even dark souls 2 you had 3 areas you could tackle from the get go. And if you had a fragrant branche even 4

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have just gotten to
Irithyll of The Boreal Valley
and have 9 Estus Flasks. Feels like I haven't gotten one in ages, do you guys think I may have missed a few

pa22word

Is
Wolnir
supposed to be that easy. Seriously, so long as you follow video games 101, it's over in a minute. That was ridiculous.
Most of the bosses in the game are like that, unfortunately. Even on ng+ he's a cake walk. He supposedly has a bunch of interesting moves like summoning enemies that I've never seen because he dies so fast :/

Hey I have an issue.
Seigward
doesn't talk when he's sitting next to the fire in the kitchen where he is supposed to give me the
toast
guesture.

I've beaten every boss in the game just tying up some loose ends. I also want that
slab

So ugh. Is it bugged. Should I just do the guesture on ng+? Also will he move on from here. I havnt actually interacted with him yet in this room there are no prompts!?!?

pa22word

Hey I have an issue.
Seigward
doesn't talk when he's sitting next to the fire in the kitchen where he is supposed to give me the
toast
guesture.

I've beaten every boss in the game just tying up some loose ends. I also want that
slab

So ugh. Is it bugged. Should I just do the guesture on ng+? Also will he move on from here. I havnt actually interacted with him yet in this room there are no prompts!?!?

If you've beaten every boss then him even being there is a glitch I would think. Pretty sure he's not supposed to show up if you've been to the dungeon already.

GorillaJu

Got my platinum today in this. Souls series are the only games I'll go through the trouble for. Just feels wrong not to have it on record when I squeeze every last drop out of the experience.

Danny 117

This infinite loading on Xbox One is getting out of hand. Happens every other time I try to warp between bonfires. Have to restart the game to fix it.

I'm starting to feel like I'm really near the end game.

So far this has been my favourite Dark Souls thus far.

It's always challenging but never TOO hard that you drop the controller for a few months.

A few location and boss spoilers below for near end game

The Archives really ramped things up in terms of difficulty and always kept me on my toes and altering my camera position constantly so that I didn't get cornered by spells.

Just encountered Lorian and holy shit, died within a hot minute. I didn't expect teleportation mid combo.

Rodin

Most of the bosses in the game are like that, unfortunately. Even on ng+ he's a cake walk. He supposedly has a bunch of interesting moves like summoning enemies that I've never seen because he dies so fast :/

I killed him in less than two minutes. The next boss though...

NEO0MJ

I've reached a point in the game where I regret not boosting my vitality more. The boss I'm facing does too much damage to me at the moment.

Also, having trouble picking a new weapon.

Pretty far.

Good question.
Depending how you explored stuff, and what bosses you've done before the
Dragonslayer Armor
as there are some branching paths...
I'd say 70-80% done.

I see. Thanks.

JDB

Banned
Just beat the N
ameless
K
ing
. After reading about him on GAF I expected him to be more difficult honestly. His attacks were heavily telegraphed, fairly slow and he never did more than three in a row. Still a lot of fun to fight, though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Have a get up right now I'm pretty happy with:

XLzUHdZ.png

Dancer mask, gundyr gauntlets, lorian chest, wraith leggings

Where do I get Titanite Scales from? I had three in my inventory for upgrading purposes but for he life of me I can't remember where I got them.

Robot Pants

Guys. This game is so massive. The scale of it all blows my mind. It doesn't end!
Whoever was complaining about level design and blah blah before the game came out are crazy.
I'm in awe.

JDB

Banned
Has anyone noticed how easily every single human NPC enemy staggers basically every time you hit them. Even goddamn
Havel
staggers when you hit him once, it makes no sense. Makes them all so easy. It's also why I don't really get why people say the Uchigatana guy at the start is difficult. Just get one hit in, he staggers, keep hitting him until you're out of stamina, back off, repeat.

Mugenjin

Where do I get Titanite Scales from? I had three in my inventory for upgrading purposes but for he life of me I can't remember where I got them.

You can buy an infinite amount (as well as Twinkling Titanite) from the Handmaiden once you give her the ashes you get from a certain optional area
Archdragon Peak

Meccs

Started a new character after finishing the game. Can't get enough of this game. Fire Estoc is really cheese especially at the start of the game. I'm trying to do my second run with as much coop as possible but I mainly see Mound Maker symbols. They can kill me if I summon them right?

myco666

Started a new character after finishing the game. Can't get enough of this game. Fire Estoc is really cheese especially at the start of the game. I'm trying to do my second run with as much coop as possible but I mainly see Mound Maker symbols. They can kill me if I summon them right?

Yeah their main goal is to kill the host or other phantoms. When summoned they are attacked by enemies though so they might help you to get few enemies out but they can't help on bossfights.

Meccs

Yeah their main goal is to kill the host or other phantoms. When summoned they are attacked by enemies though so they might help you to get few enemies out but they can't help on bossfights.
Then why would anyone summon them? Just for fun or if you have a few friends with you to gank them?

It would be way more fun to invade on a new NG character if people weren't trading items down to themselves or whatever and then rolling dried finger gank squads through undead settlement.

Like, I'm sure you guys all legitimately got the fallen knight set and those various boss weapons before you cleared this area out.

myco666

Then why would anyone summon them? Just for fun or if you have a few friends with you to gank them?

This is what puzzles me too. It should be so that the Mound-maker can either be helpful or 'turn evil' so that you really would have to guess if it is a friendly or not. As it is now only reason to summon them is to cause even more chaos when you have few invaders and phantoms in your game already.

edit.

It would be way more fun to invade on a new NG character if people weren't trading items down to themselves or whatever and then rolling dried finger gank squads through undead settlement.

Like, I'm sure you guys all legitimately got the fallen knight set and those various boss weapons before you cleared this area out.

That area is optional though. You can finish the game without beating that area boss. Having Fallen Knight Set for example is pretty easy to get before clearing that area. Of course very late game boss weapons are bit suspicious though.

Holy shit. The D
ancer
was super easy. Got the health bar down to about a quarter left but died because I accidently triggered the fight after A
ldrich
so I only had like 3 estus flasks left.

Meccs

Since souls are so easy to come by I'll probably keep on popping the dried finger all the time to keep things interesting on my second playthrough. I've got invaded only two times in my first run. I was only 50% in embered form though. I'll go full ember this time around.

And yes, I've played 5+ hours per day too. Don't tell anyone!

Sanke__

Technically if you get invaded by a red phantom then you could summon a mound maker to hopefully kill them since the mound maker can be successful from killing either the host or all phantoms, they don't have to kill the host like other invaders

Meccs

I put my sign up in areas where invading is popular because people will summon me out of desperation
Still don't understand the reason for this since you have to be around a bonfire when you get invaded. Why not fight the guy and if you die, no big deal. It's probably a good way to piss the invader off though. But I usually only get invaded when I'm far away from a bonfire lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom