• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

After clearing out U
ndead
S
ettlement
yesterday, I went and started working through the next area (R
oad of Sacrifices
) earlier today. Those birdman casters can kiss my
Hollowed
ass. Learn my lesson quickly: dispose of the fodder first then those fuckers.

Skii

It has really good damage absorption.

Really, that was it? Ah man. I thought it would've been something really cool. I initially thought the fact that one of the
Abyss Watchers
turning on the others was because I was a knight but I saw another playthrough where it happened without wearing the knight's set.

Did anyone else miss the
Aldrich Ruby
ring? I killed the enemy that drops it and never received it apparently.

Also do Covenant levels persist into NG+? Just managed to scramble 10 of those Proof of Concorde Kept and handed them in, and would rather wait until I get the upgraded Covetous Serpent ring before i subject myself to more insanity.

ZangBa

Just checked Fextra and it seems like you get Sunlight Medals if there is another invader who is Sunbro when killing the host.

The one time I got one I was the only invader, lol. I killed the host who was trying to gangbang people with his 2 phantoms.

NEO0MJ

Maybe one of you was using the White Phantom ring?

It was only me and the summoner. I don't think you're supposed to get them if you summon, right?

I also once got souls and a medal after I died when I was summoned. The summoner beat the boss a few seconds after I died, but it still felt strange.

kagamin

It was only me and the summoner. I don't think you're supposed to get them if you summon, right?

I also once got souls and a medal after I died when I was summoned. The summoner beat the boss a few seconds after I died, but it still felt strange.

I beat a boss right as I died but it still counted as a win. :p And that was solo too!

kagamin

De
vourer
and those goddamn arrows. I would have been long done with this if it wasn't for phase 2.

At the end of the fight I just traded with the boss and beat him right as the arrows hit me, I died but I got to keep my win and my ember. :p

Just got to NG+ got it's so nice knowing everything that going to happen and enemies die so easy lol.

Looking forward to platinum. Not so much grinding those horrid covenant shit things.

I have a question regarding a quest line.
i have met Anri and gotten my dark sigils and begun my hollowing (I'm sure I'm super hollow at this point) but I think I fucked up. I did catacombs before the cathedral. I was able to use Anri and Horace for the deacons fight tho. Have I broken this quest line? Or will she show up in catacombs and I can continue the quest?

I ask because I haven't done s
moldering
l
ake
and I'm currently in
irithyll
at the third bonfire but I haven't seen
Anri
yet.

Korosenai

"Let me sit at crucifixion woods for 30 minutes as a watchdog so I can get some sword grass"
*30 minutes passes by and not one summon*

"Well, let me use my red eye orb and see if I can just do any pvp at all"
*Uses red eye orb and gets put into a world immediately*

Sigh

ThisOne

Just getting into the swing of things. Beat Vordt...what should I do with his soul? Either of the items you can get for it any good for a dex build?

verbatimo

One thing that Dark Souls 2 did good, was changing enemy encounters on New Game+ with more red phantoms etc.

I'm little disappointed that Dark Souls 3 same as Bloodborne didn't include that.

"Let me sit at crucifixion woods for 30 minutes as a watchdog so I can get some sword grass"

Sigh

I'm 90% sure that covenant doesn't work. Needs a patch

On ng+, trying to platinum the game. On the first play through, Seigward was at the kitchen sleeping. Couldn't talk to him. Reloaded the area, he disappeared. For Anri's quest, I went the coop route...but she was never in the Smouldering Lake.

Anybody else having problems with the game like this? I'm still early in the ng+, but I don't want to risk these bugs happening AGAIN. I think I should wait for a patch.

theRizzle

maaaaaaaaaan, the Watchers

I realistically estimate that I've tried this fight 40-65 times. I've had it down to one more hit FOUR times, but that soulslust got a hold of me and I got cocky. Spent almost 2 hours straight at it last night before finally giving up. I am also 95% sure that this is the only thing left for me to do. The first time I got stuck here earlier in the week I started going back through and found a whole other area I hadn't been to yet. Beat the boss there on my second try and am back to the Watchers.

The first time I fought "them" I beat the first form pretty handily and was very proud of myself for beating the boss so quickly...

lol oops

Sephzilla

Sigh

I had tons of summons as a watchdog day one but it died off sharply after that for some reason

myco666

Just getting into the swing of things. Beat Vordt...what should I do with his soul? Either of the items you can get for it any good for a dex build?

Pontiff's Left Eye
is the better option for Dex build but I've heard it is rather useless. Unless you want all achievements/trophies you could probably just consume it.

Sigh

Same for me. Useless covenant. Just farm those items and hope Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon works.

Shin-chan

I think I fucked up every NPC quest. I reckon I'm around 3/4 through, unless the game has a really long back end like Dark Souls 2 did.

Are there any other katanas besides the washing pole and uchi? I've been using the uchi since I wrecked that deprived douche.

Which boss weapon are good for dex builds?

So far the game a bit too linear (I'd hoped after this criticism of Bloodborne they would go back to a more Dark 1 structure) but the individual levels are pretty great. Boss design is mostly good as well.

KHlover

Banned
I had tons of summons as a watchdog day one but it died off sharply after that for some reason

Same here. I got 10 covenant items within an hour of finding the covenant and then never got summoned again lol

I think I fucked up every NPC quest. I reckon I'm around 3/4 through, unless the game has a really long back end like Dark Souls 2 did.

Are there any other katanas besides the washing pole and uchi? I've been using the uchi since I wrecked that deprived douche.

Which boss weapon are good for dex builds?

So far the game a bit too linear (I'd hoped after this criticism of Bloodborne they would go back to a more Dark 1 structure) but the individual levels are pretty great. Boss design is mostly good as well.

You find another one in
Untended Graves
. Not sure if I'd prefer it over Uchi tho

K' Dash

maaaaaaaaaan, the Watchers

I realistically estimate that I've tried this fight 40-65 times. I've had it down to one more hit FOUR times, but that soulslust got a hold of me and I got cocky. Spent almost 2 hours straight at it last night before finally giving up. I am also 95% sure that this is the only thing left for me to do. The first time I got stuck here earlier in the week I started going back through and found a whole other area I hadn't been to yet. Beat the boss there on my second try and am back to the Watchers.

The first time I fought "them" I beat the first form pretty handily and was very proud of myself for beating the boss so quickly...

lol oops

You don't have to prove anything to anyone, if you're having so much trouble with a boss just summon a Phantom and try to beat it that way.

The most important thing is to have fun.

AppleMIX

So how do I get summoned as
a blade of the dark moon.

I have the sigil and it has been basically equipped the whole game.

Haven't been summoned once.

Sigh

Keep in mind that if you're over level ~40 and/or have a >+4 weapon, there probably won't be any people to match with. I get a summon every 60 seconds or so on average at level 40 with a +4 weapon.

eot

Banned
I think I'm about 15 bosses down and even though a lot of them have been very cool visually, and I haven't encountered any garbage ones à la Centipede Demon, I can only really think of two that I thought were great fights mechanically (
Gundyr and Abyss Watchers
). Maybe two more that I got on my first try and might like more on subsequent playthroughs (
Pontiff and Dancer
). I have to say that Bloodborne was better in this regard.

Astral

It's annoying that I don't know the true stats of my Washing Pole just because I'm unable to one-hand it. Though it retains the appropriate damage once two-handed, the attack stat is still negative.

NEO0MJ

I think I'm about 15 bosses down and even though a lot of them have been very cool visually, and I haven't encountered any garbage ones à la Centipede Demon, I can only really think of two that I thought were great fights mechanically. Maybe two more that I got on my first try and might like more on subsequent playthroughs. I have to say that Bloodborne was better in this regard.

Eh, I feel it's like most Souls games. Really, only a few ever really stick with you in my opinion.

Side quests are so fucking criptic, I just don't know how is anyone supposed to finish any of them.

Using a guide, you silly billy!

Sullichin

It's annoying that I don't know the true stats of my Washing Pole just because I'm unable to one-hand it. Though it retains the appropriate damage once two-handed, the attack stat is still negative.
Yeah it's annoying, the other games showed the right stats when two handing it.

Ferr986

Why are some invaders so pathetically cowards?

I got invaded on CotD, I wait for him for do a 1 vs 1, he and I, no bullshit.....

... and dude keeps running off. I still have the dude around here while I post this and he still don't dare to get close, he just try to bait me to enemies. Like, really? why the fuck you do invade me?

Wish I had a seed.....

EDIT: lol just got his bait and went against him and the mobs. Still killed him.

kagamin

Just follow my logic, as long as only the host is there, just rush them. Even one phantom in the mix shouldn't be a problem if the host acts like a scaredy-cat and is constantly backing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom