• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Why are some invaders so pathetically cowards?

I got invaded on CotD, I wait for him for do a 1 vs 1, he and I, no bullshit.....

... and dude keeps running off. I still have the dude around here while I post this and he still don't dare to get close, he just try to bait me to enemies. Like, really? why the fuck you do invade me?

Wish I had a seed.....

Invaders don't owe you an honest duel. As a host you have the advantage already in health, Estus and the possibility of backup. If anything the Invader is an idiot for not using Alluring Skulls

Astral

Invaders don't owe you an honest duel. As a host you have the advantage already in health, Estus and the possibility of backup. If anything the Invader is an idiot for not using Alluring Skulls

Yeah when I invade you can bet your ass I'm not gonna play fair.

kagamin

Well if the host isn't coming to you and the enemies can't be lured by skulls, what are you gonna do just wait while the host does nothing? :p

Hakkuei

"Let me sit at crucifixion woods for 30 minutes as a watchdog so I can get some sword grass"
*30 minutes passes by and not one summon*

"Well, let me use my red eye orb and see if I can just do any pvp at all"
*Uses red eye orb and gets put into a world immediately*

Sigh

What makes no sense is that Aldrich works perfectly even though IT'S THE SAME DAMN COVENANT IN A DIFFERENT LOCATION

I'm sick of FROM's incompetence and utter lack of communication. Fuck Bamco too.
Surprised nobody's made a thread about this whole farce yet.

Pontiff's Left Eye
is the better option for Dex build but I've heard it is rather useless. Unless you want all achievements/trophies you could probably just consume it..

I was watching the ENB play through yesterday and he did a bit of testing with the ring. He was using a long sword +3 and the ring activated after 3 hits giving him 30hp. Which is not insignificant. So I'd say this ring has real potential. If it's a flat amount of healing that activates on the third strike and heals more with each successive strike, a six hit combo will heal almost 100hp which is a lot in early game, especially if you're not kindled. The ring could potentially be even better if it heals a percentage based on weapon damage. I'm gonna do some testing on it tonight probably and I'll report back.

myco666

Why are some invaders so pathetically cowards?

I got invaded on CotD, I wait for him for do a 1 vs 1, he and I, no bullshit.....

... and dude keeps running off. I still have the dude around here while I post this and he still don't dare to get close, he just try to bait me to enemies. Like, really? why the fuck you do invade me?

Wish I had a seed.....

EDIT: lol just got his bait and went against him and the mobs. Still killed him.

Because 'honest' 1v1 duels are boring. Much more fun running around the map and be a dick using every dirty trick you know.

Ferr986

I know, I mean I could had summon someone if I wanted (I had some summons on floor) it's just that I don't see the fun to invade and then hide behind mobs? do you think I'll ever bite? Atleast try to be more creative than just standing there behind a 2 mobs.

I dunno, when I invade I want to fight, not stading still, but w/e, killed him already.

Yeah when I invade you can bet your ass I'm not gonna play fair.

It's not about playing fair, it's just about... playing. Atleast try it.

chameleon seems fucking useless if you are embered and you still have fucking fire flying off your disguise.

Like if someone invades me and doesn't notice the fucking barrel with god damn fire flying off it, then they're idiots.

ElFly

Guys. This game is so massive. The scale of it all blows my mind. It doesn't end!
Whoever was complaining about level design and blah blah before the game came out are crazy.
I'm in awe.

The game is super linear tho.

Individual areas are fine, very complex and intricate, but the world as a whole doesn't hold a candle to DS1.

Astral

Individual areas are fine, very complex and intricate, but the world as a whole doesn't hold a candle to DS1.

Yeah this has been very disappointing for me. People complained that DkS2 was just one central location and then a bunch of straight lines branching from it. This game is just literally one long straight line almost.

So seriously, is summoning as a Mound Maker broken? I waited for 13 minutes and not one person summoned me at the PvP location. I had to resort to boosting with my friend but even that had go stop because my sign wouldn't show up. What the hell is going on?

I think my biggest issue with not being invaded is probably that I'm probably overleveled, and I haven't even done any farming specifically for leveling up. I'm being summoned for co op fairly easy, I helped like 5 people beat the
Pointiff
in Irythil of the whatever whatever. But invasion on the other hand rarely happens.

Yeah it's fairly linear with the rare branching path here and there, but it has happened maybe once or twice that i've seen, and usually one of those branches leads to an area that ends and you gotta warp to the other area

KHlover

Banned
I know, it's just that I don't see the fun to invade and then hide behind mobs? do you think I'll ever bite? Atleast try to be more creative than just standing there behind a 2 mobs.

I dunno, when I invade I want to fight, not stading still, but w/e, killed him already.

Idk sometimes I just feel like wasting a host's time. I'll run near mobs, sit down and browse on my phone. Occasionally I'll stand back up, move a bit towards the host, maybe throw a knife or so, then move back and sit down again.

Once I beat the game I do the dumbest kind of shit in DS. Right now I play through the game Coop with a friend as a mad phantom. Once another invader is summoned we start a mock battle and when the other invader turns his back on me I backstab him.

Also a fan of using the rings Yuria sells to have me look like the host and my friend look like the phantom. If the invader manages to kill me and relaxes my friend runs in and finishes off the wounded and depleted invader.

Mutombo

Finished the game at 54 hours.

Can't say why it took so long because I didn't hit any metaphorical walls. I don't know why it took a bit longer than average. I really suck at PVP. But the lag takes most of the fun out of it anyway.

Last boss was awesome. Shame to admit, I caved in for a co-op session, with a partner who hit motherfucking hard. Made the boss a tad too easy. But man, he gave me struggles.

Dark Souls 3 is overall a nice experience, that doesn't beat the magic of DS1, or Demon Souls even, but as a veteran it felt really nice to slip back into. It was never really easy, never really hard (apart from the last boss and the
nameless king
) and I'm curious as to what FROM will do next.

Swordwielding wise, I'm quite down for Ubisoft's Knights vs Samurais vs Vikings game.

Rodin

Yeah this has been very disappointing for me. People complained that DkS2 was just one central location and then a bunch of straight lines branching from it. This game is just literally one long straight line almost.

Areas are far better than in DS2 though, and that's the most important thing. Not how they're interconnected (or not).

Farming sword grass is a pain in the ass. I get like 1 every 20 minutes. Should have just invaded with the covenant when I was low level.

I have enough rotshields to equip am army, though.

taybul

Nameless King
ended up being a lot easier than I expected from the hype here. First phase was difficult because of the camera (lots of swinging at the air) but I beat him the second time I got to the second phase. 7 attempts total I think.

Finishing up on my shieldless playthrough. Think I only have
smouldering
left.

Forkball

Is there any way to bait only ONE of those giant beasts in the IotBV secret room with the huge ladder? Even if I inch towards one, both get alerted.

I keep seeing people being happy about the broken hard hitting greatsword/dark blade or whatever it's called. And as someone who always played the game with one of the broken builds for PvE (Pyro in 1, faith in 2), I'm glad I opted for a different build this time around. I wouldn't be having nearly as much enjoyment in beating a boss and playing if I was beating bosses with little struggle.

Quick level check - I'm level 50 and am attempting the A
ldrich
boss. Am I underleveled because this guy is kicking my ass routinely.

NEO0MJ

I keep seeing people being happy about the broken hard hitting greatsword/dark blade or whatever it's called. And as someone who always played the game with one of the broken builds for PvE (Pyro in 1, faith in 2), I'm glad I opted for a different build this time around. I wouldn't be having nearly as much enjoyment in beating a boss and playing if I was beating bosses with little struggle.

Dark Blade is the broken weapon this time? Why? It's the one I'm using currently and I'm curious.

NEO0MJ

Quick level check - I'm level 50 and am attempting the A
ldrich
boss. Am I underleveled because this guy is kicking my ass routinely.

Maybe a little.
His spells are super strong and you're fucked if his magic spear manages to knock you down on the first hit 'cause dodging the others will be difficult. You can use the remnant pillars to protect yourself from the homing magic bullets but they won't protect you from the other spells well unless there's a big distance between you and him. Turn off auto aim and try to stay close and behind him as he has difficulty protecting himself from the back and keep slashing the bulbous part of his tail/body. In the second phase when he's on fire keep an eye on his weapon as when he switches it to a scythe-like form that means he's about to do a wide range spinning multi-hit attack that hits everything around him.

Also, the brass armor has good defense against magic so equip it if you can.

Finished my first (blind) playthrough last night, managed to find every area and boss on my own but of course I missed out on finishing nearly every NPC sidequest (I never used the "Draw out true strength" option before that guy died so I missed an entire important NPC because of that).

Somehow missed 2 miracle tomes but found every other merchant upgrade item.

Now working on wrapping up various things before moving on to NG+, does anyone know for sure if covenant progress resets across playthroughs? What about partial covenant progress (e.g. I turn in 9 out of 10 items to rank up in covenant, am I still at 9/10 progress on NG+?).

NEO0MJ

I hear it is absurdly strong with 40 points in both Str and Dex.

I see. One of the reasons I picked it up is that I'm mostly raising dex and str together though neither is anywhere close to 40 and it's still only level 6. I'm even thinking of switching it.

Brakke

Banned
Lord of the Storm defeated! I'm pretty sure that's all the bosses down? I haven't placed Lothric's cinder on the throne yet, I don't know how the endings work. I have the Firekeeper's eyes but haven't given them to her (yet?). I guess it's time to look up the endings.

Lord of the Storm defeated! I'm pretty sure that's all the bosses down? I haven't placed Lothric's cinder on the throne yet, I don't know how the endings work. I have the Firekeeper's eyes but haven't given them to her (yet?). I guess it's time to look up the endings.

You're not done yet.

Ahh, P
ontiff Sulyvahn,
you can go fuck yourself lol I might just go explore the area next to the bonfire thats after
the crocodile in the water.

- Can you get up where the dragon on the High Wall of Lothric sits after I made it move away ?
- How do I slay Abyss Watchers ?
- What is the point of upgrading bonefire and should I do it ?
- How do I defeat Abyss Watchers ?
- What is the use of the Souls of the bosses I defeated ?
- How do I beat Abyss Watchers ?
- How do infusing work ?
- Abyss Watchers anyone ?

- Can you get up where the dragon on the High Wall of Lothric sits after I made it move away ?
- How do infusing work ?

-No
-Summon help
-Each upgrade makes your estus flask heal more
-Summon more help
-Can use them to create powerful spells and gear
-Summon even more help
-Finding embers lets the blacksmith do more types of infusion, gems are used to do the actual infusing, adds different elemental effects to weapons
-No

-No
-Summon help
-Each upgrade makes your estus flask heal more
-Summon more help
-Can use them to create powerful spells and gear
-Summon even more help
-Finding embers lets the blacksmith do more types of infusion, gems are used to do the actual infusing, adds different elemental effects to weapons
-No

okay thanks

- How do infusing work ?

Phase 1, you can hang back and let Red Eyes do his thing
Phase 2, treat it like Artorias and just roll towards the attacks to end up behind/to the side of him and then attack.

Dahbomb

- How do infusing work ?
Upgrading Bonfires makes your Estus heal more. You do that by burning Bone Ash at the main Bonfire. And yes of course you should do it.

The Souls of the bosses are used to acquire their weapons or a special spell/ring. If you want to get the Platinum then I would suggest saving them. Don't use them for Souls though.

Infusing is like enchanting a weapon. Heavy/Sharp/Refined allows the weapon to scale better with Strength/Dex/Both. The Elemental gems put an element of the type on the weapons it can start doing partial physical and partial Elemental damage. There are also other enchants like bleed and Poison that are good for fast weapons. You infuse based on your weapon and your build/needs. A fast Dexterity based weapon can do well with Bleed or Sharp gem. A slower Strength based weapon will do well with Heavy gem.

Farron Legion isn't that hard,
the 3rd guy that gets up actually attacks the boss giving you opening to damage him safely. Lean to dodge his move, he leaves himself open after telling vertical hits. He will whiff a lot of his attacks if you circle strafe and dodge around him, you can even backstab him for big damage.

Steel

Banned
- How do infusing work ?

1. Actually don't know.
2. Hit with a sharp object, many times.
3. Makes your estus flasks more powerful, yes.
4. Hit with a blunt object, many times.
5. Can be turned into weapons, spells and shields. You're at this point->
You should have a transposing kiln to give the guy sitting in the throne that's the second from the right at firelink
6. Don't get hit by their sharp objects.
7. Infusing modifies the weapon properties. Weapons have stat scaling, and infusing effects this, the base damage, and the damage type. For example, fire infusion will take away the weapon scaling, but add a large amount of fire damage to a weapon. Heavy infusion will improve the strength scaling greatly at the cost of dexerity and some of the base damage.

Basically: if you have high strength but low dexterity, heavy infusion will improve your damage.

If you have high dexterity and low strength, sharp scaling will improve your damage.

If you have high dex and str, refined is the way to go.

If you have low of both, consider fire or raw infusion(will take away scaling, consider replacing with something else once you get your stats up).

Other scalings allow for faith and intelligence scaling among other things.

In all seriousness, where are you having your problem: second or first form? What's your build, is it one hand or two hand, do you block or not, or do you use magic/miracles/pyromancy?

Okay. I was very frustrated with this game. I have played through all of them and I would consider myself an experienced player. But somehow I died a lot in Dark Souls 3. I couldn't beat a lot of bosses and summoned help.

I am now in
Lothric Castle
and that game was a pain in the butt. I needed to change something. So I upgraded the Lothric Knight Sword, infused it with a Refined Gem and basically had a Balder Side Sword.

Life got so much easier now. Claymore was a mistake in this game, although I really liked it in other Souls games, but in this, it just hasn't clicked. I am having fun again.

So, some kind of general ending questions:

Is there a "best" or "true" ending
Is the hollow stuff with Yuria and Anri some kind of bad or evil ending?
Do the endings matter all that much outside of literally the ending that they show you? Like there is no other boss content such as the true final boss of Bloodborne? Also, the ending has no impact on NG+ does it?

Thorgal

One thing that always puzzled me in souls games is the weird decisions they seem to take whether an enemy leave behind a (Very floaty and fun to kick around ) corpse behind or disappears into dust upon death .

Like i can get making mini bosses , bosses and huge enemy's disappear . but then there are enemy's who are basically the same yet still get different treatment .

For example , The big fat
Hags
you encounter in the
undead settlement
leave behind a corpse ,while the fat
priests
you encounter later go poof.

it's not a problem or anything but i always questioned why make some poof while others leave a corpse around .

Ferr986

So, some kind of general ending questions:

Is there a "best" or "true" ending
Is the hollow stuff with Yuria and Anri some kind of bad or evil ending?
Do the endings matter all that much outside of literally the ending that they show you? Like there is no other boss content such as the true final boss of Bloodborne? Also, the ending has no impact on NG+ does it?

there's not really any full good or bad ending. All of the endings have their pros and cons. Its up to you to decide what you think it's best.

No new bosses and ng+ stuff here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom