• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronk

Banned
Can some people help me with The nameless king? I have tried it 28 times now. Group and solo, this SOB is making me consider quitting the game.
If so; I will set the password to NGAF, in front of the lever.
I stumbled into where he was and was like oh this is the guy everyone is having trouble with im gonna get smashed. Beat him first try solo lol how lucky. My build is high strength, endurance, hp with butcher knife.

Nvmd I lied got bosses mixed up i beat
old demon king
.....now im scared haha

Vishnu

Really dumb question now, Vishnu, but what system do you play this on? Kinda important question that we somehow missed before.

I'm on PC.
Im on ps4. But Deavon helped me!!! I got him!!! Holy shit that boss is à POS!! Thank you so much for helping me.

KHlover

Banned
Im on ps4. But Deavon helped me!!! I got him!!! Holy shit that boss is à POS!! Thank you so much for helping me.

Glad it turned out allright for you :D

I also didn't beat this boss solo. Someone with a great Guts cosplay helped me out.

Someone on GAF did cosplay Guts in DS3, didn't he? Unknown Guts cosplayer, if you play on PC I'll just assume it was you. Thanks :D

Orcastar

Nameless King
down after 6 or 7 tries. I was kinda nervous about him after hearing a lot of people having trouble with him, but he wasn't so bad.

gunstarhero

So I just rescued
Yoel
and I have the option to draw out my true power.

My understanding is this gets you a free level when you use it, but I still don't understand the penalty. You get a dark sigil, right? Which makes you hollow.

But hollowing doesn't seem to have any real negative effect like in DS2. So why wouldn't I do this? Is it just something to do with what ending you get? Or am I missing something?

DeVeAn

Nameless King
down after 6 or 7 tries. I was kinda nervous about him after hearing a lot of people having trouble with him, but he wasn't so bad.
My problem was the claymore is so slow. I couldn't hit and dodge. I got the darksword and was much easier plus the lightning ring helps.

SkylineRKR

So did they fuck with Archery?

I found my favourite bow in Dark Souls 2.
Dragonrider Bow
. It was a beast in that game, B scaling with STR and I maxed it and put some infusement on it. But in this game its only D scaling and no infuse for bows? Never looked into them until now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not sure what it is about this game, but once I finish my game I crave the need for a fresh start.

I've got 3 characters now all completed made 2 into NG+ but for some reason I get super bored playing those :|

Halp

Artdayne

Thanks for the heads up. Honestly from all I've read up on, it seems like I'm good on weapons.

Uchigatana +10
Irithyll Sword +5 (max)
Refined Dark Sword +10

Though, as I said I have a more balanced build, with my stats not greatly favoring dexterity, but somewhat. I think there's like a 7 point difference between my dex and strength stats. I've always did this in Soulsborne and while I'm never bored, I would like to try out something new. I'm not amazing at these games, definitely more of a casual player and I tend to ignore PVP (though it's fun, I'm just not a competitive gamer) so I just go for whatever I think will get me through the games the easiest.

I feel like if I go into certain bosses without good armor, sword and shield that I'm totally fucked eighteen ways from Sunday, but after five games I'm about to start experimenting. What I can tell you right now is that I don't have a desire to be a slow tank. While it probably feels good to rain the force of hell down on something with a weapon that takes up half the screen, I prefer maneuverability and quick strikes-- which is why I started pumping into dexterity for this game, BUT ended up once again pumping into strength so now I'm back to my usual balanced self.

Gotthard Twinswords are ridiculous. Very, very good in PVE and PVP. They can scale pretty well with quality strength/dex builds but what really helps make them OP is their moveset. the rolling L1 attack is very strong.

KHlover

Banned
So in
Archdragon
peak
where do you go after ringing the giant bell?

Dead ahead.

Farming sunlight medals is boring and so long. Wolf things and human dregs are fast though.

Why would you ever farm NPC for that? If you don't like boss fights - invade someone (with covenant equipped). If you don't like invasions - help someone with their boss.

Both methods should be faster than farming trashmobs.

Let me just say right now that unless you want to waste the twinkling titanite, don't go for this weapon. I got it to +3 out of +5 max and the shit has like 100 less damage per swing than my sharp black blade, which is the next best dex weapon after uchi unless you want to get a sharp estoc for PvP

I switched Uchi to Black Blade to, it's the same weapon but stronger and with the most lame charge attack I've ever seen.
I've used Uchi (righr hand) and Irythill sword (left hand) the first half of the game just for fashion, now I use two handed Black Blade because the game requires no mercy.

That being said, weapons are dissapointing. Can't believe how stupid Spear's moveset are.

Wagram

Why do Greatswords have insanely inferior stagger power compared to normal swords? Tons of enemies are wayyyy easier with normal swords because of this.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Man the boss in the C
athedral of the Deep
was a major anti-climax for such a well designed area :|

hey everybody

if you summon two guys to help with Old
Demon king

and one of them dies

and boss falls on his knees

and you see me running away

it doesn't mean "OOH FREE HITS OH BOY THE MORE FOR ME"

jesus christ

Lux R7

Not sure what it is about this game, but once I finish my game I crave the need for a fresh start.

I've got 3 characters now all completed made 2 into NG+ but for some reason I get super bored playing those :|

Halp

me too. But it always works like that in these games. I like early game, building your char, try new things.

I heard we were talking about Nameless King in here: https://a.pomf.cat/tmlzwg.webm

That was my best attempt last night.

Ouch, that's brutal.

My successful attempt to beat him was similar to yours, but we traded in my favor. Lived with an HP bar that I couldn't even see as he ended up dying. I was so upset at the trading hits that I didn't even realize I had beaten him and survived. I had already put down my controller waiting for the loading screen to kick in before I realized what was going on.

Demoskinos

Is there no better way to farm Wolf's Swordblood Grass than farming these stupid enemies in Farron's? I never invade as a wolf and even if I do it says that you only get Pale tongues instead? da fuck? =|

Evo X

How is performance on PS4 version right now?

I have a beast of a PC, but my best friend just picked up a PS4 copy and I want to play with him. We had a blast playing Bloodborne in Co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom