• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

So if I trade in 10 proofs before going to NG+ will I only need to trade 20 in NG+ to max it and get the spell?

I heard covenant stuff transfers.

In all seriousness, where are you having your problem: second or first form? What's your build, is it one hand or two hand, do you block or not, or do you use magic/miracles/pyromancy?

I can't pass it's first form consistenly. I bait it's long lung and I poke him with a pike. I kinda like the range better than the battle axe. Problem is, sometimes I can stunlock him and put him 4 hits, sometimes after the 2nd it just says fuck it and doesn't care about me poking it fucking body with a pike and he starts he death combo.

Also, I can't position myself behind him when he's with the redeye, to back stab him. In their melee my hit doesn't register as backstab and worst I usually hit the eye or find myself in the middle of their swings as they move around and get ganked.

Second phase well I never deal dmg to the guy. All his attack hit me when I roll left or right or forward left or forward right. He's always having these huge wirlwing move, even when I dodge the're the fire AOE that gets me. Of course I can't evade once I'm hit bcause he just chains me and kills me in one combo.

there's only the charge dash attack he does forward I can sometimes evade going right his left but I can't punish enough and he's not consistent enough.

MrHoot

So the Dancer is pretty hard to defeat even with three people at the start of the game. I was hoping Sword master could do a lot of damage to him but it appears as though he lacks the HP

I would wager sometimes it's not too good going with 3 allies on bosses, especially ones that are fast with big sweeps, or in a small area where you can easily get cornered and die. The extra health can work against you I find sometimes. I try not to summon more than one as you still get the distraction without dragging the fight too long

Brakke

Banned
Yeah I never used more than one summon in this game -- usually didn't bring any at all. When I was putting my sign down as a Sunbro there was nothing more frustrating than seeing a third Phantom appear. All I could think "Host of Embers, you clown, you just killed us."

Biochet

I like trying to summon as many red phantoms as I can, even better if I can get some purple phantoms summoned too.

someone summoned me as a mad phantom and a while later they were invaded by a dark spirit and i couldnt help myself from turning on them when the moment was right

shenanigans for days

MilkBeard

I've been holding off finishing the final area of the game until now. But I decided to finally do it. The fight was pretty fun, and wow, that music was great. Also, the ending that I got was pretty well done, if a little bit short and simple. What was there was extremely cinematic, much better than Bloodborne's harder ending.
Usurpation of Fire was my ending
. This game probably has some of the best music in the series.

There's nothing worst than a fucking host whose summons do all the work and after we beat the boss for him he fucking just runs to the bonfire without doing a thanks gesture.

Demoskinos

someone summoned me as a mad phantom and a while later they were invaded by a dark spirit and i couldnt help myself from turning on them when the moment was right

shenanigans for days

Guy last night summoned me as a Mad Phantom as well as another mad phantom dude thought we were totally bros and then as soon as the moment arrived I turned him into dust with my GreatAxe. :D

I spent almost 2 1/2 hours invading in C
onsumed
K
ing's
G
rave
, It's probably my favorite invasion spot right now at SL 75. Got 20 pale tongues and 5 vertebra shackles.

The only issue invading as a purple was that 2 Blue Sentinels would invade at the same time, which basically guaranteed me dying unless I got them killed by the big blob monsters.

Steel

Banned
I can't pass it's first form consistenly. I bait it's long lung and I poke him with a pike. I kinda like the range better than the battle axe. Problem is, sometimes I can stunlock him and put him 4 hits, sometimes after the 2nd it just says fuck it and doesn't care about me poking it fucking body with a pike and he starts he death combo.

Also, I can't position myself behind him when he's with the redeye, to back stab him. In their melee my hit doesn't register as backstab and worst I usually hit the eye or find myself in the middle of their swings as they move around and get ganked.

Second phase well I never deal dmg to the guy. All his attack hit me when I roll left or right or forward left or forward right. He's always having these huge wirlwing move, even when I dodge the're the fire AOE that gets me. Of course I can't evade once I'm hit bcause he just chains me and kills me in one combo.

there's only the charge dash attack he does forward I can sometimes evade going right his left but I can't punish enough and he's not consistent enough.

Ok. Got ya. I like the spears in this game, but I'm not sure the pike is the best idea given this boss can range you even if you have the spear and the spear doesn't stagger very well. It can work, though.

My suggestion:
He is easy to stagger, but you're right that it's not consistent how long he staggers. On that, I'd just keep your eyes open, there's normally a reasonably obvious tell when an enemy shakes itself out of a stagger loop. Failing that, try not to go more than 3 hits in the first form. Be sure to dodge/put distance between the two of you asap after getting those hits.

For the second form, it's a matter of dodging into his attacks. Time your dodges to coincide with when his blade would touch you. If you dodge around to his side you can stay close and get in one or two hits. That being said, be cautious about dodging behind him in his second form, as he sometimes leaves behind a trail of fire after some of his moves.

Overall, the boss is a dodge test, the timing of your dodges is the most important thing here.

kinggroin

Banned
It's funny what's hard for you and tough for others.

Abyss watchers were easy as hell. Helps that they stagger on each blow I land. Then dopey shows up, distracts them enough to get a couple backstabs in and begin phase 2.

Where each move is telegraphed a mile away, with some attacks having a couple seconds cool down.

Of course, just before finishing this douche boss off, my steam controller wigs out and I'm left fighting him with my fist, and estus flask deselected for firebombs. Go for a drink not realizing this and BAM, dead (I was prepared to punch him to his grave)

Fuck him. It was easy up to that point.

Called a friend in cause I don't got time for BS losses out of my control, and maniacally laughed as we took turns backstabbing to a 30 second victory.

Fuck Artorias and his groupies.

Weapon help
Facing Yhorm and look up a tutorial. One way is to get a npc to help, the other is to use the weapon you get in his area. The video I saw the guy went into a stance I've never seen. I'm on PS4, I thought you hold L2 after hitting triangle to go into stance mode. I get a wind effect on my attacks, but it doesn't do anything. The video I saw had the guy holding the sword over his head and powering up, then dealing a massive blow. No idea how to do this.

Spacejaws

Yup Abyss Watchers is my nightmare right now. I've got through the first phase with just one hit, the second phase I just have no inclination what to do. Every attack seems to get me if I'm close but obviously I can't just keep my distance. Whenever I get close it seems to not matter where I am all his attacks get a good land.

I feel like I'm not judging the arcs of his blade correctly, i can dodge behind, left and right but he always seems to make a connect.

Topple that with not being left alone quite long enough to use a damn estus and I may aswell try it without getting hit.

Using Uchinaga +3 SL39 but have dumped upto 19 in faith so far for
lightning Spear
that I recently found. So I feel like those 7 odd points might have been more useful somewhere else right now.

Otherwise dex - 20
Strength - 16
Vit - 14
Vig - 14
Int - 10
Atn - 10

Tried the npc summons but they feel just as useless in second phase as even if they have him distracted and I get in from behind the attacks still seem to get me.

Getting Fume Knight flashbacks. +100 tries on that one before I beat it back in the day. *Shudders*

Weapon help
Facing Yhorm and look up a tutorial. One way is to get a npc to help, the other is to use the weapon you get in his area. The video I saw the guy went into a stance I've never seen. I'm on PS4, I thought you hold L2 after hitting triangle to go into stance mode. I get a wind effect on my attacks, but it doesn't do anything. The video I saw had the guy holding the sword over his head and powering up, then dealing a massive blow. No idea how to do this.

You have to keep L2 pressed for longer than you are doing it. Keep it pressed until you see an even stronger wind effect appear on the sword, then press either R1, or R2.

laxu

Just beat the
Dancer
. If it wasn't for that ridiculous grab attack it would be a cakewalk, just watch your stamina and roll whenever she swings.

I'm sure some streamer will make a "
kill Yhorm without Storm Ruler
" run eventually. There seems to be a bug where
Siegfried doesn't help with that fight if you didn't meet him in the kitchen.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
What is the deal with the
mimic hat
?

So its a random drop? Are we sure because that seems like a fairly important item to leave to poor odds.

I lucked out and just happened to read this before killing all of the mimics and I made a copy of my save file so I can keep trying but between all of the other mimics I've killed and now this one that I've tried several times with the gold ring equipped and used a rusted gold coin, nothing.

man I'm never invaded anymore. What's the fun in that. I'm level 70ish from leveling up carefully and probably still have a 4th of the game to go, but nobody wants to invade :'(

_Legacy_

What are people's thoughts on NG? I expected it to be tougher but am currently sailing through right now. Currently running my pyro with the
moonlight greatsword
, getting bored of my chaos dark sword.

man I'm never invaded anymore. What's the fun in that. I'm level 70ish from leveling up carefully and probably still have a 4th of the game to go, but nobody wants to invade :'(

Remember you only get invaded if you haven't beaten the area boss yet. Also use the Dried Finger whenever you're going through an area. You'll be guaranteed non stop invasions, especially if you summon any phantoms.

MrHoot

Was such an asshole last night, invading someone which I don't do often this game.

But there was a mad phantom already before me and he was fighting against the host. I kinda let them go for bit so they'd expend their flasks (as the mad phantom was doing pretty good)

As the mad phantom was about to get a kill blow, backstab and then finish off the host.
No one is getting that reward except me.

I think this game and the coming of game of thrones is doing bad things to me

that is a load of crap though. No game should have quests be broken due to information you literally can't find out via the means of the game and have to learn via a fucking guide. That's not how good game design works and the fact they've done it 3/4 times now? Same shit happened to me with crow lady in fucking Bloodborne.
A big part of the appeal of the Souls games is the communal aspect of everyone trying to decipher the story, find hidden areas, discover secrets, etc. It can be frustrating if you're trying to play alone but clearly you're not intended to play these games in a vacuum.

jett

D-Member
I'm not sure if it's ever not gonna annoy me how garbage the dancer's enchanted swords are. :| Such a cool looking weapon with a cool moveset. Yet utterly useless. Seems any weapon with non-physical stats is crap.

Remember you only get invaded if you haven't beaten the area boss yet. Also use the Dried Finger whenever you're going through an area. You'll be guaranteed non stop invasions, especially if you summon any phantoms.

Didn't realize you can't be invaded if you haven't beaten boss area, that's silly. I want to fight people, guess I'll start summoning people.

How often are you embered?

Fairly often, as a sun bro I have more embers than I know what to do with.

JMZ555

Took me a lot of goes as Pyro to beat NK. Got first phase done with hardly any problem but second phase ...... -__-

Was such an asshole last night, invading someone which I don't do often this game.

But there was a mad phantom already before me and he was fighting against the host. I kinda let them go for bit so they'd expend their flasks (as the mad phantom was doing pretty good)

As the mad phantom was about to get a kill blow, backstab and then finish off the host.
No one is getting that reward except me.

I think this game and the coming of game of thrones is doing bad things to me

You get the reward if you're invading and the host dies, doesn't matter if you get the killing blow or not. I've invaded a few times and instantly got a reward as the host fell to AI enemies or another invader.

LiK

Farming Proof of Concords, what has my life become?

Also, I love seeing other dudes with Avarice helms running around, LOL

I'm not sure if it's ever not gonna annoy me how garbage the dancer's enchanted swords are. :| Such a cool looking weapon with a cool moveset. Yet utterly useless. Seems any weapon with non-physical stats is crap.

Yup, I was really looking forward to them. They should have at least given it a C in strengh and B in intelligence scaling, since it's fire and magic.

Question about location A
rchdragon
P
eak

I have the dragon head and the dragon chest. I did not ring the bell because it said not to ring it if you want to follow the path of the dragon (or something like that).

So I go up to the very peak, and that's where I got the chest piece by doing the pose. But now what?

What happens if I ring that bell? How do I proceed if I don't ring the bell? Which is better?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Any suggestions for a weapon for crystal infusion on my mage? Considering rapier, estoc, four-pronged plow (I like having a trident looking weapon lol), something with low dex/str requirements until I find the
MLGS

I'm at the
Catacombs
boss (cleared
Smouldering Lake
so I got a chaos gem). Speaking of, that last area (SL) was absolute pain with my mage until my friend joined me for coop. I was still using a fire-infused Astora Straight Sword, which sucked there, but magic wasn't doing so well either. At least pew pewing the boss worked this time, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom