• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Can any shield with the parry skill parry any parryable attack if I git gud enough? Or is there a point that I just have to have one of the smaller parrying shields on?

Why do Greatswords have insanely inferior stagger power compared to normal swords? Tons of enemies are wayyyy easier with normal swords because of this.

Using this ultra greatsword feels like playing on a harder difficulty than my straight sword playthrough, heh. I mean it's fine, but it just feel inferior, rather than different.

So, the cat ring just eliminates fall damage, but doesn't let you drop from heights that would kill? Died twice testing it out just now. Shit, I was excited at the possibilities.

What's up with enemies teleporting, rather than having a cool intro, like the Taurus Demon, or Asylum Demon? The certain enemy on a certain bridge just phases into existence, and there have been ambushes where enemies just appear. Not even an attempt at a monster closet. :)

Rocketz

I just killed the last Lord of Cinder, but I have 2 optional areas left to explore, is there a point of no return in this?

No, I beat a optional boss after I got the credits. You can go into NG+ when you feel like it after you beat the final boss.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Can any shield with the parry skill parry any parryable attack if I git gud enough? Or is there a point that I just have to have one of the smaller parrying shields on?
Yeah, I've use a few hours today trying to practice my parry skill but gave up and called it bullshit as the frames needed to hit is very few and seems a bit random depending on the attack and it's swing.

In PvP I find parry to be more luck than git gud thanks to the glorious lag.
Just a thinly lag can make you mess up the few frames needed.

I probably just need to git gud, but rather spend my time dual wielding crazy shit :D

Bossun

Dead ahead.

Why would you ever farm NPC for that? If you don't like boss fights - invade someone (with covenant equipped). If you don't like invasions - help someone with their boss.

Both methods should be faster than farming trashmobs.

Oh I'm not farming mobs, I'm farming NK, I tried some other bosses but getting summoned is rarer.

ThisOne

How is performance on PS4 version right now?

I have a beast of a PC, but my best friend just picked up a PS4 copy and I want to play with him. We had a blast playing Bloodborne in Co-op.

Similar to Bloodborne. It's very playable but there are framerate drops/hitches/whatever you want to call them all over the place.

Giever

Hey, so I finished Yuria's
ending
, but when I go back to
her spot after the credits end, without going to NG+, there's no Darkdrift or Black Set, she's just standing there telling me the same stuff.
What gives?

LMAO the Siegward questline is broken because I activated a fucking bonfire and didn't even enter the area yet?

Fucking this game, always with its little bullshit things like these that unless you know beforehand you won't do.

Late Flag

LMAO the Siegward questline is broken because I activated a fucking bonfire and didn't even enter the area yet?

Fucking this game, always with its little bullshit things like these that unless you know beforehand you won't do.

LOL I did literally the exact same thing earlier this morning if you're talking about the
dungeon
bonfire. I was pissed when I found out that broke the quest. How the hell am I supposed to know that?

Edit: That said, this game is fucking fantastic otherwise. I'm loving this first playthrough.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just beat NK solo on my first try!

Crazy because I went ahead and summoned for the final boss after struggling against him for 10-15 tries.

Tecnniqe

Banned
LOL I did literally the exact same thing earlier this morning if you're talking about the
dungeon
bonfire. I was pissed when I found out that broke the quest. How the hell am I supposed to know that?
You're not :)

I always say go blind the first time and not read/watch anything then start new and follow a guide.

You're not :)

I always say go blind the first time and not read/watch anything then start new and follow a guide.

that is a load of crap though. No game should have quests be broken due to information you literally can't find out via the means of the game and have to learn via a fucking guide. That's not how good game design works and the fact they've done it 3/4 times now? Same shit happened to me with crow lady in fucking Bloodborne.

jonjonaug

Hey, so I finished Yuria's
ending
, but when I go back to
her spot after the credits end, without going to NG+, there's no Darkdrift or Black Set, she's just standing there telling me the same stuff.
What gives?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you need to summon her during the final boss.

Man, I absolutely love the co-op system in this game.

I had always stayed away from Dark Souls because it has the reputation of being an unforgiving, super difficult series for hardcore players only. But it's not true because if you summon people to play with you, it drastically lowers the difficulty and (IMO) greatly adds to the fun. I spend a lot of time as a phantom in other people's games because I enjoy the co-op shenanigans so much. Plus, I like being able to lead people to a fog wall or hidden treasure if they haven't discovered it yet. I probably would have quit playing this game at the Abyss Watchers if summoning didn't exist; I had an absolutely terrible time against them solo and that was the first time I summoned someone to help. Beat it on the first try that way. Total ah-ha moment that completely changed the game for me. Since then I try every boss encounter solo for the first run, and then summon help if (when) I die. I hope more RPGs add a co-op feature like the one in Dark Souls.

TheBear

I want a new weapon to replace my +3 uchi
In dark souls 2 I had a pretty sweet morning star that was lightning or something out of a chest, are there any weapons like that I can find or should I just buy one and level it up? What gem should I put on it also?

Jolkien

Every single time I start a co op session with a friend we always get invaded. Is that normal ?

Happened at least 10 times in a row.

Ricker

Yeah,the sidequests arent the strenght of this game lol...awful stuff.

K' Dash

that is a load of crap though. No game should have quests be broken due to information you literally can't find out via the means of the game and have to learn via a fucking guide. That's not how good game design works and the fact they've done it 3/4 times now? Same shit happened to me with crow lady in fucking Bloodborne.

Completely agree with you, the criptic side quest shit needs to stop.

KHlover

Banned
Oh I'm not farming mobs, I'm farming NK, I tried some other bosses but getting summoned is rarer.

Oh. Well, you could still try invading as a Sunbro covenant. You'll be a red-orange phantom instead of pure red and you'll get a Sunlight medal for killing the host.

StMeph

Sorry to add insult to injury but god damn that was some textbook, swift, heavenly punishment to greed.

It was definitely greed, but I was out of Estus, so when he started channeling I figured I'd push all-in and see if I could race him to the win. The results are obvious though.

Don't waste all of your stamina rolling unnecessarily. :p

I'm usually able to roll dodge any of his attacks, but for some reason the tracking on the forward lunge that skewers you is insane, so I got into the habit of rolling like crazy if I'm trying to add distance. And yeah, a little extra Stamina would have saved the day too.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I like the cryptic stuff and lore, but most of it is downright luck and talk to X random spawned person before you do Y or else you Fugded up big time and you can't go back!

Perhaps keep some of the cryptic dialogue stuff that vaguely tells you what their doing and where they go/find but right now it's a community effort and a check list, which is sad.

Biochet

Man, I absolutely love the co-op system in this game.

I had always stayed away from Dark Souls because it has the reputation of being an unforgiving, super difficult series for hardcore players only. But it's not true because if you summon people to play with you, it drastically lowers the difficulty and (IMO) greatly adds to the fun. I spend a lot of time as a phantom in other people's games because I enjoy the co-op shenanigans so much. Plus, I like being able to lead people to a fog wall or hidden treasure if they haven't discovered it yet. I probably would have quit playing this game at the Abyss Watchers if summoning didn't exist; I had an absolutely terrible time against them solo and that was the first time I summoned someone to help. Beat it on the first try that way. Total ah-ha moment that completely changed the game for me. Since then I try every boss encounter solo for the first run, and then summon help if (when) I die. I hope more RPGs add a co-op feature like the one in Dark Souls.

i think im the complete opposite

i just invade to fuck with people, this is actually the most fun i've ever had online since forever

So the Dancer is pretty hard to defeat even with three people at the start of the game. I was hoping Sword master could do a lot of damage to him but it appears as though he lacks the HP

Scher

God, there needs to be a way to punish people who just run away after they run out of Estus and then summon people for help.

I had someone try and do that with me, but fortunately the closest summon was by a cliff and I backstabbed them off the cliff after they got the summon.

I'm usually able to roll dodge any of his attacks, but for some reason the tracking on the forward lunge that skewers you is insane, so I got into the habit of rolling like crazy if I'm trying to add distance. And yeah, a little extra Stamina would have saved the day too.

The most important thing is to always save just a little bit of stamina even if you think you could kill the boss. Nothing kills more in this game than greed itself. I make sure to know how many swings it takes to deplete my stamina bar, so I always save the last hit just in case!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom