• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Wow, I'm getting constant summons for Aldrich Faithful. This one should be quick to do. Already gotten like 5 successes in like 15 minutes. lol

Did anyone else shit their pants when
you got the rusted coin from the body in Irithyll Dungeon and the body screamed?

MFW:
image.php

Yes, I did, I remember thinking I was about to get swarmed by 100 monsters. That's how tense this shit gets.

NeoGiff

I'm no pro Dark Souls player or anything, but I've been finding the bosses in particular quite easy. Perhaps I'm overlevelled? I'm SL 47 having just entered Irithyll.

Here's my boss death counter:

Iudex Gundyr: 5
Vordt: 1
Curse-rotted Greatwood: 0
Crystal Sage: 1
Deacons of the Deep: 0
Abyss Watchers: 0
High Lord Wolnir: 0
Old Demon King: 0

I used summons twice,
once for Crystal Sage and the second for Old Demob King (already had someone summoned who was helping me through Chalice Dungeon Izalith)

I love the game so far, but honestly, I'm still more scared of those fat spellcasting women than I am of most bosses.

mxgt

Banned
I'm no pro Dark Souls player or anything, but I've been finding the bosses in particular quite easy. Perhaps I'm overlevelled? I'm SL 47 having just entered Irithyll.

Here's my boss death counter:

Iudex Gundyr: 5
Vordt: 1
Curse-rotted Greatwood: 0
Crystal Sage: 1
Deacons of the Deep: 0
Abyss Watchers: 0
High Lord Wolnir: 0
Old Demon King: 0

I used summons twice,
once for Crystal Sage and the second for Old Demob King (already had someone summoned who was helping me through Chalice Dungeon Izalith)

I love the game so far, but honestly, I'm still more scared of those fat spellcasting women than I am of most bosses.

Honestly the bosses up to that point are pretty easy. You got some tough ones coming up, starting with Irithyll.

Ferr986

I'm I locked into one of the endings, if I give the Firekeeper her eyes? or can I still get the others?

yes you can , atleast two of them. After the final boss you have the choice of one or another.

Dunno about the 3rd ending, the one related to a long quest, cause I don't have it yet.

Cmagus

I've finished the game and cleaned up all the bosses and now I'm just gonna clean up the achievements but my question is if I start new game plus do all the npcs reset? if I wanted to do some of the storylines or things I can no longer do will I be able to?

Agram

I finally defeated N
ameless King
!!!!
After 3 days, I switched from Flamberge to Black Knight Sword and I did it on my first try, I'm still shaking lol

Man, I suck at PVP especially when it's just a gankfest. Might just farm offline again.

Yea me too, I'm pretty bad lol. Not having much luck with Shackles sadly. Every fight it really laggy too. Farming the skeletons is annoying too, can't win either way atm lol.

TitusTroy

what exactly is the point of going hollow (with the Dark Sigil) in this game?...is it purely for cosmetic purposes or is there some other reason to do it?

Cyrano

Man, I suck at PVP especially when it's just a gankfest. Might just farm offline again.
Shackles are tough due to the Mad Dark Spirit stuff that comes along with the covenant. Probably better to just farm them. I think I played for like 5 hours once and only got 8 during that session.

lol think I just joined a fight club, everyone was just standing around though and so the red guy stabs the host in the back in kicks him off. XD

SkylineRKR

The Gundyr is so fucking fun to use. Probably my favourite weapon. Love the roll R2, and the Sword Art into R2. Glad I chose it instead of the ring.

LiK

I'm gonna try playing PVP a bit smarter. Need to get the enemies to help me out. These gankfests are destroying me.

Sephzilla

So I'm noticing that the respec option from
Rosaria's covenant
seems like kind of a ripoff. The amount of points I get to dump back into my character are less than what I had going in.

I'm gonna try playing PVP a bit smarter. Need to get the enemies to help me out. These gankfests are destroying me.
That's what I did. If I see that the host intends to take me on while he has multiple summons, I just bait an attack and watch them get greedy and chase me into an enemy mob. I have nothing to prove in YouTube.

SeanTSC

So I'm noticing that the respec option from
Rosaria's covenant
seems like kind of a ripoff. The amount of points I get to dump back into my character are less than what I had going in.

Uh, I've respec'd about 8 times now and I've never had a single point less any time. You either miscounted or ran into some bug.

Yawn just keep getting summoned in 1 v 2 fights. I should just go back to playing regular game before the Shackles start ruining the game a bit for me.

Damn my obsession with Achievements!

LiK

The best is when I get the Shackles as soon as I invade, I think some people quit out and it's considered a death?

SeanTSC

Yawn just keep getting summoned in 1 v 2 fights. I should just go back to playing regular game before the Shackles start ruining the game a bit for me.

Damn my obsession with Achievements!

I just farmed mobs for them. It didn't take long at all with respeccing into luck and getting everything possible in NG you can get 449 ID (399+50 from coin). Definitely went much faster than farming for Darkmoon stuff.

Are you using the red eye orb or red summon sign?

Summon sign, am I meant to just invade people? Honestly I didn't realise the Mad guys could just do that lol.

I just farmed mobs for them. It didn't take long at all with respeccing into luck and getting everything possible in NG you can get 449 ID (399+50 from coin). Definitely went much faster than farming for Darkmoon stuff.

I'm halfway done with Darkmoon too, so much farming! >_< I just wanted to see if I could do this the other way considering how much farming was needed for that one.

FtHTiny

The best is when I get the Shackles as soon as I invade, I think some people quit out and it's considered a death?

You could try to wait around for other guys to invade when you are against more people, most of the times it doesn´t take that long.
But often the other invaders basically attack the nearest thing which is most of the time you...

Nothing. I invade and it immediately says Duty Fulfilled. I'll take it. Just got killed in 4v1

Ya I just invaded someone with the Orb instead, I didn't even get to see him he just died I guess lol.

And woops I lost 70k souls because I forgot to pick them up again after being ganked in a everyone on me match before it. >_<

I still highly recommend C
onsumed
K
ing's
G
arden
if you're invading for Tongues or Shackles. 99% of the time the host will either be fighting the Knight next to the lift, or the big blob enemies. So as long as you don't care about being honorable during an invasion, you can just swoop in and kill them fairly quickly.

Edit: SL 70-80 anyway, not sure how good it is after that.

I don't mind if people have poise but from, fix this stunlock bullshit people with great swords already took huge chunks of health each hit giving them 2 or 3 more free hits is ridiculous

EVO

I finally defeated N
ameless King
!!!!

I'm surprised people are finding this boss so difficult. I actually found it one of the easier bosses, however I might've been overpowered considering I tackled that area last. Nonetheless I had way more trouble with
Abyss Watchers
. Died like 30 times.

Summon sign, am I meant to just invade people? Honestly I didn't realise the Mad guys could just do that lol.

I'm halfway done with Darkmoon too, so much farming! >_< I just wanted to see if I could do this the other way considering how much farming was needed for that one.
Huh Everytime I use a summon sign, it's a 1v1 duel.

void666

Banned
Weakness: plunge attack

Ok. This is it. Jumps, R1. Goes straight throught the creature's head doing zero damage and dying when i hit the bottom.
Now i just have to kill all those annoying BS enemies all over again because running past them isn't an option.
I hate these games sometimes.

bargeparty

putting in spoilers cause I dunno what is and what isn't

I killed the pilgrim in the church of yorshka and the Yuria got all pissed and left. So should I just cure my dark sigils now? Have I messed up that quest line/ending?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
putting in spoilers cause I dunno what is and what isn't

I killed the pilgrim in the church of yorshka and the Yuria got all pissed and left. So should I just cure my dark sigils now? Have I messed up that quest line/ending?

Cure it. You messed it up.

E92 M3

Question about the endings: If I did everything supposed.
Shouldn't it say unsurp on the fire on the bonfire?

It says link the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom