• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Can't wait till the dark sword gets nerfed, this shit is ridic in pvp.

The range is so short I'm having trouble killing with it. People run away like crazy and heal.

Well, just got another Shackle from the host getting killed somewhere, lol

gunstarhero

I just found a Sharp Gem, but The blacksmith will not give me the option to infuse it on my uchigatana (+3). I only have the option for raw, fire and refined.

Does the option unlock later? Or does it only infuse with certain weapons? (I have a rapier and Estoc, and it's not an option for those either...)

Ferr986

I just found a Sharp Gem, but The blacksmith will not give me the option to infuse it on my uchigatana (+3). I only have the option for raw, fire and refined.

Does the option unlock later? Or does it only infuse with certain weapons? (I have a rapier and Estoc, and it's not an option for those either...)

You're missing the coal. I think its in
Farron

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

He needs specific coals, for specific infusions.

SkylineRKR

I'm surprised people are finding this boss so difficult. I actually found it one of the easier bosses, however I might've been overpowered considering I tackled that area last. Nonetheless I had way more trouble with
Abyss Watchers
. Died like 30 times.

He felt like many others, took me a few tries to learn the move sets and reads and then beat him.

I has most trouble with
Princes
for that motherfucking teleport killing the lock on. And especially in phase 2 when its combined with spam.

What are the best items to get from Transposing Souls as a Strength character? I can't decide what to pick.

The D
ragonslayer
Great Axe is very powerful, mine hits for ~750 and the L2 Weapon Art hits for ~1100.

Is there a place where you can farm or buy refined gems?

Late area location:
farm the 4 Red-eye Knights outside the Lothric Castle Throne Room. Spawn from the boss bonfire, sprint out and draw each of them one at a time with a bow; they're pretty easy to bait into backstabs, so use the Hornet Ring.

They drop good loot: Large Titanite Shards, Titanite Chunks, Embers, and Refined/Lightning Gems. I've got 40+ Refined Gems from them.

I'd make that run with this setup:

Shield of Want
Silver and Gold Serpent Rings
Hornet Ring
Highest DMG weapon

If you're good with the backstabs and charged-R2 when they're getting up, each run takes about 3 minutes, and in NG you get ~22k souls + all the loot. In NG3 I was getting ~50k each run and bought enough Titanite Scales to upgrade every Boss weapon to +9.

Question on progression (location & boss spoilers):
I've worked my way down through the lower area of Lothric and killed Oceiros(?). Beyond him leads to the Untended Graves and a boss fight. This isn't the final boss, right? I'm 99% sure it's not because it's so soon after the previous one and the lead up to it is a total cake walk, but since it's a dark version of the introduction I thought that might be of some significance, in a come full circle sort of way.

Basically I don't want to go and trigger the ending and leave stuff unexplored. A yes or no on whether I'm safe to proceed with that fight would be great.

The range is so short I'm having trouble killing with it. People run away like crazy and heal.

Well, just got another Shackle from the host getting killed somewhere, lol

Yea I'm having more luck just invading random people and them dying to other shit than vs'ing people 1v1 in the lag lol. Also I suck at PVP. :p

Haha just got a Shackle from a poor soul who must have died, got it before my game even loaded properly. o_O I hadn't even appeared in his game yet.

There's really not any weapons in these games that are just flat out "better" than others. I personally beat the last few bosses with a +10 refined Longsword. Longsword is a fine weapon.

There's also Lothric Knight sword from the knights. It's a tiny bit longer I think and has 110 critical damage instead of 100. More thrusty moveset.

Sunlight Straight sword
is found in lothric castle. It can't be infused but it has B/B scaling at +5 (twinkling titanite) and its weapon art is a really nice buff.

Just a couple options if you really are against the longsword.

Why do people hype up try long sword so much. I changed to the black blade... Which did more damage. Then swapped to the Wolf blade which did more damage. Then swapped to the dark blade which just crushes everything.

SkylineRKR

My Anri beat everything I had so far in terms of damage, speed and stamina usage, with weapon buffs and rings I think you can go up to 800. But it required a specific build. I specced back to STR build, because I have maxed DS Greataxe, DSSS, Gundyr etc. They're fun. Not so much fun as these weapon types were in DS2, but manageable.

Question on progression (location & boss spoilers):
I've worked my way down through the lower area of Lothric and killed Oceiros(?). Beyond him leads to the Untended Graves and a boss fight. This isn't the final boss, right? I'm 99% sure it's not because it's so soon after the previous one and the lead up to it is a total cake walk, but since it's a dark version of the introduction I thought that might be of some significance, in a come full circle sort of way.

Basically I don't want to go and trigger the ending and leave stuff unexplored. A yes or no on whether I'm safe to proceed with that fight would be great.

No problem.

Plum

So I've been grinding the 31,000 souls needed to heal the Dark Sigils I have (what a fucking idiot idea that was in retrospect).

I decided to get summoned outside the D
ancer
fight to get that massive amount of souls. Was summoned, and one of the phantoms with me was invincible.

However, despite me calling to the host over and over trying to get them to come by me and let the phantom do his thing they didn't. Then when the boss was at 5% health he didn't even try to back away and died instantly.

Fuck me and my fucking life.

C
atacombs
and S
mouldering Lake
scaring the shit out of me at every turn.

I dropped down through a hole by accident because of those giant arrows and ended up in a very
Izalith/Demon Ruins
part of the C
atacombs
, Tons of throwbacks to DS1. I thought after dropping down this would be a different area, but the nearest bonfire was still under the previous area.

The boss that was in one of the earlier trailers
(the giant skull face)
, don't know what's going on there with the almost insta-kill smoke, so I left it for later. Awesome design and amazing music though. I just wasn't in the mood to figure out the puzzle or I wondered if I needed an item first.

Other than that this area has been a bit of a bore tbh, the overall design reminds me too much of one of the BB Chalice Dungeons and coming straight from that to this it's really apparent.

NEO0MJ

I'm surprised people are finding this boss so difficult. I actually found it one of the easier bosses, however I might've been overpowered considering I tackled that area last.

Right now any hit from him takes away more than half my health and when I try to retaliate he takes my attacks like a mother.

test_account

XP-39C²
I've never used the long sword. The only thing I can say is that the Dark Sword is significantly more powerful than the Battle Axe (starting weapon for the warrior). For me a basic attack on the last boss took 290 damage with the Dark Sword+10 with a heavy gem while only 190 with the Battle Axe+10 with a dark gem.
I see. I havnt gotten to the last boss yet, but i guess that the Long Sword isnt too far away damage wise to the Dark Sword. I get 232 damage on
Prince Lothric
as a basic attack with Long Sword +10 (50 strength, 24 Dexterity. No infusing. If i infuse it heavy gem, i get 223 damage instead since i lose the Dexterity scaling).

what's the deal with Smoldering Grounds ?

Giant ballista spaming me, can I stop it ?
Giant worm, not a boss, stopping me from going to this gate... Maybe a sort of mechanic I need an item to pass ?
The other side many fucking crabs... Death over there, but is there something else ?

D
ragonslayer Armour
down on the 3rd try. That was...easy? I heard a lot of people had trouble with this one so I was expecting it to be tough. Probably could have done it on my first try but I got too greedy trying to buff my weapon instead of just attacking.

Lakitu

st5fu
Anybody else like to continue from the bonfire they rested/warped to Firelink in? I like to continue where I left off instead of warping to a further location.

Rixxan

Giant worm, not a boss, stopping me from going to this gate... Maybe a sort of mechanic I need an item to pass ?
The other side many fucking crabs... Death over there, but is there something else ?

Yes,
theres a path near the giant worm that leads up the caves and eventually to the ballista

the worm
actually dies easily enough just smack him a few times

SkylineRKR

Yeah you can, but its a long trek (thats totally worth it though). Can beat the worm too.

Stand beside it and the ballista will defeat it.

K' Dash

in my effort to not go over level 75 I have over 400K souls and nothing to spend them on, I've bought every set of armor and a bunch of every buffing item, just one more are to explore A
rchdragon
P
eak
and then I'll go fight the last boss.

There should be a Souls Bank, lol.

LiK

in my effort to not go over level 75 I have over 400K souls and nothing to spend them on, I've bought every set of armor and a bunch of every buffing item, just one more are to explore A
rchdragon
P
eak
and then I'll go fight the last boss.

There should be a Souls Bank, lol.

There should be a bank for NG+.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Getting a little tired of every other boss being a humanoid with stamina crushing spam attacks.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What is the downside to
drawing out true strength
. Is it just a visual affect or are there more meaningful consequences?

I see. I havnt gotten to the last boss yet, but i guess that the Long Sword isnt too far away damage wise to the Dark Sword. I get 232 damage on
Prince Lothric
as a basic attack with Long Sword +10 (50 strength, 24 Dexterity. No infusing. If i infuse it heavy gem, i get 223 damage instead since i lose the Dexterity scaling).

There isn't a thing in the game that the Longsword can't handle. Just love it. Yes, the Dark Sword does more damage, but I like the R2 (1h and 2h) better, with a nice thrust, or horizontal swipe. I play offline, so I have no clue what's better in pvp.

KHlover

Banned
Weakness: plunge attack

Ok. This is it. Jumps, R1. Goes straight throught the creature's head doing zero damage and dying when i hit the bottom.
Now i just have to kill all those annoying BS enemies all over again because running past them isn't an option.
I hate these games sometimes.
Ancient Wyvern head hitbox is BS. I had the same issue you had.

I'm sure I'm way further behind than most of you guys, but I just started
Road of Sacrifices

Damn those
transforming screeching bird creatures
are creepy as hell!!! I just called it a night last night after fighting a few of them.

Parfait

I'm trying to id an armor set i saw a npc enemy wear. It's at
right before the deep cathedral, guarding the paladin's ashes. Thief-lookin guy.
I can't seem to find it on the wikis but I also think they're incomplete as hell. Is this armor actually obtainable?

Jamaro85

It's a shame because [Siegward's] actual quest, and the ending, is awesome, but the specifics and requirements are finnicky and pretty much impossible to get without using a guide.

Take his second location for example:
he's in a well outside of the bonfire chapel, but he only appears there if you've opened up the huge doors of the cathedral, which means you're almost done with the area. If you don't go outside and use the shortcuts inside, chances are big you'll never know he's there. You have to really be looking for him.

As for his jail cell: the game is pretty dark so I never even noticed those windows you could jump in til I read their specific location. Cool secret, but again very tough to find on your own.

Exactly! It seems like a really strange placement of the trigger since you're pretty much done the area at that point.
Entering the dungeon is also a horrible trigger for having him leave the kitchen. I think it would've been more fitting to not make this happen until you leave the first cell block area out into the open. Also having Greirat's scavenging ruined because of this is ridiculous.

I almost feel like I have to do a NG+ now to get these quests to play out the way I wanted. I seem to have also completely screwed up Anri's quest by going through F
erron
and
The Catacombs
before
The Cathedral
. I seriously did not even see a continuation path after defeating the C
rystal
S
Cathedral
location existed until I reached the entrance to
Irithyll
and was blocked off since
I didn't have the doll

Tecnniqe

Banned
Ok but is that just a visual thing or does it kill my life bar more with each time I die like DS2

As far as I can tell it only makes you
undead(er)
as you die.

In 6 hours of play today I've managed to do (Spoilerinos in links)
Checklist
First Bonfire
End of my 6 hours play =)

Had some fun cooping and such as sunbae
?
and some awesome PvP fights as well as stupid PvP fights.

Overall I keep getting pulled back in, and I cant put my finger on why as it sometimes frustrates me to death :D

gaugebozo

I started with a pyro/wolf Knight greatsword build, but am unhappy with the damage/speed trade off. I basically end up summoning for every boss and running by a lot of mobs. I don't really like the dark sword move set. What are the best quality or strength scaling straight swords?

Ellite25

So I just defeated
Aldrich, making 3 out of the 4 lords of Cinder down.
. I'm only 17 hours in, please tell me it's not almost over?

Nothing. I invade and it immediately says Duty Fulfilled. I'll take it. Just got killed in 4v1

Where are you invading?

Grand Archives is great for invasions due to the way mobs and ghost hands are setup.

Allows you to make it a bit more fair even in a 1 v 2 or 1 v 3.

test_account

XP-39C²
There isn't a thing in the game that the Longsword can't handle. Just love it. Yes, the Dark Sword does more damage, but I like the R2 (1h and 2h) better, with a nice thrust, or horizontal swipe. I play offline, so I have no clue what's better in pvp.
I just upgraded a Dark Sword to +10 now to check it out, it does 253 damage on the same boss i mentioned earlier. So its a bit stronger than the Long Sword, but not that much (253 vs 232), so now i know exactly the difference :) Yeah, i also like the stabbing attack with the Long Sword.

After about 20 attempts and getting absolutely manhandled by
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
, I ended up beating her by cheesing her on a pillar.

I feel dirty. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom