• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally killed the
Crystal Sage boss
. Didn't realize melee attacks were stronger than my dumb range tactic.

Also, what level should I be around at this point?

KeRaSh

Killed
Aldrich on my first attempt and Dancer on my second
. No summons.
Got really close the first time but ran out of Estus and had to go all out. Died when the boss had 5% health left. Second attempt started off horribly with two grabs right off the bat...
I'm probably too high level by now since many others had more trouble with these bosses but I don't consider struggling for hours to beat a boss fun. Also Dark Blade +8 is OP as fuck.
Still loving everything about DS3. Hopefully I can finish it before Uncharted 4 comes out but I should make it just in time for the launch.

neoism

I have 11.5 million souls burning a hole in my pocket, but have to stay at 100 =/

lol never understood this... smh no you dont... i got close to level 300 in ds2 on pc and invading and pvp never stopped...

really dont understand why ppl limit their levels

Just had an epic 1v1 vs a host on the
invisible path thing towards the dragon lady waifu.

Not sure why he wanted to fight there but it made for an action movie setting. XD

neoism

The range is so short I'm having trouble killing with it. People run away like crazy and heal.

Well, just got another Shackle from the host getting killed somewhere, lol

yup this its good and all but you have to be the other enemy to hit it.. lol

guys i have a question does armor make a big difference? I was using a tanky knight shield and 1h class. It was going well until I needed to dodge more rather than blocking. I was using the cathedral knight armor set. Which some of you may know is very heavy and reduces movement and dodging distance. But then i switched to the fallen knight set good defense and much lighter. I can dodge farther now and move faster. I was having trouble with abyss watchers until i made the armor switch got him down quick after that.
So my question is heavy armor mitigation worth it to sacrifice speed and movement?

The Watchdog covenant is definitely broken. I can very quickly find opponents with the red orb in the relevant areas. So I can't be too high level (level 40) but I've been running around with this covenant on for an hour, and still haven't been summoned. I'm embered. Is that a problem? Do you have to be in non-ember form for it to work?

Brohan

Question regarding assisting npcs in their world.. If things are going sour and you are sure that they are about to die.. What would be the way to save them? Returning to your own world? And how would that be done quickest?

Edit: i am about to assist
sirris
So any info would be appreciated.

E92 M3

lol never understood this... smh no you dont... i got close to level 300 in ds2 on pc and invading and pvp never stopped...

Biggest available player pool without PVPing at a super OP level lol

guys i have a question does armor make a big difference? I was using a tanky knight shield and 1h class. It was going well until I needed to dodge more rather than blocking. I was using the cathedral knight armor set. Which some of you may know is very heavy and reduces movement and dodging distance. But then i switched to the fallen knight set good defense and much lighter. I can dodge farther now and move faster. I was having with abyss watchers until i made the armor switch got him down quick after that.
So my question is heavy armor mitigation worth it to sacrifice speed and movement?

Use light/medium armor, and if you want to get tankier pump points into VIG. It is not worth it to invest in heavy armor unless you want to look cool.

Heavy Armor / Tank builds got nerfed hard in DS3. If you want the full scroop read this:
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/ltsquigs/blog/dark-souls-3-breaking-the-tank/113034/

Tecnniqe

Banned

Community agreed upon in which a natural progression stops to make PvP and PvE still work with a majority of the playerbase.

However 120-125 will probably be the new SL meta.

shoreu

Any tips for A
ldrich
? It's non stop attacks are tough, feels like I need a second stamina bar.

Phase one use the pillars and zig zag to him get as much damage as possible, second phase when he called the arrows I ran a lap around the room then when I get to him beat his ass, stay really fucking close so his life scythe won't hit you.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Need help! Just reached the
shrine again
in
graves? forgot the name
. I am assuming this is the last boss? If so how
do I trigger the fight ?

Cyborg

So defeated
Watchers of the Abyss
first try. I loved the Introduction just before the fight. So amazing.

Im farming the Black Knight set, for 2 hours. Missing shild and the gloves :(

test_account

XP-39C²
Biggest available player pool without PVPing at a super OP level lol
I dont think its possible to get matched up with someone and being super OP. If you get matched up with someone, their level should be about the same as yours. But yeah, its about the biggest available player pool (not sure if theres any statistics to this however).

gaugebozo

I just upgraded a Dark Sword to +10 now to check it out, it does 253 damage on the same boss i mentioned earlier. So its a bit stronger than the Long Sword, but not that much (253 vs 232), so now i know exactly the difference :) Yeah, i also like the stabbing attack with the Long Sword.
How does the long sword compare to the Astora straight sword?

I'm real stubborn, for some reason I'll happily waste time doing nothing if they're hiding. XD

I live by the you'll get bored before I do motto lolz.

Lol, that's what I do as well. I usually just end up wasting time around the one or two areas they have to go through to progress and they show up eventually.

LogicStep

I'm wanting to go faith to see how it is but the builds I see online that call themselves faith builds are really just strength builds with not that much of an investment in faith. I'm confused..

Grudy

Phase one use the pillars and zig zag to him get as much damage as possible, second phase when he called the arrows I ran a lap around the room then when I get to him beat his ass, stay really fucking close so his life scythe won't hit you.

Those dam arrows are my biggest problem but I was always dodging out of them. I'll try it your way.

Cyborg

Is it me or is pvp diffrent in DS3? In previous games I never won a battle now I have been invaded for 22 times and only lost 2 times.

laxu

Oceiros
and
Champion Gundyr
were total pushovers. I have had harder time with many regular enemies.

Minor midgame spoilers:

Does someone have the
dragonslayers axe
? I just found out how to get it but already missed my opportunity by
killing Pontiff
. I'd be willing to trade a boss soul weapon for it.

/hurray @ 15 Shackles lol, still so far to go.

I'm actually having fun now though invading real people's games instead of just PVP summon city. I've never really done it before in other Souls games. Always just been a Sunbro.

Completed Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2, but I'm not really enjoying this early on. Should I plough through? Still very early on at the 2nd bonfire in the first world proper.

Doesn't help I've wasted about an hour trying to kill that katana guy!

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. So many people at the final boss summing three or four phantoms. Smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom