• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

It does when most people don't even understand what a spoiler is because the line is so vague and undefined that literally anything in the damn game can be considered a spoiler. Game has a forrest? Spoiler! Game has a castle? Spoiler! Game has a completely unknowable without context item name that might be a spoiler if you knew context! Spoiler (this one is kinda funny because crying about the "spoiler" likely spoiled more people than the original post)! Common noun that might be a boss name? Spoiler! Stuff told you literally before you even touch the controller in the game? SPOILER!!!!!!!!

It's insane and utterly out of control.

Don't forget that we see the first capital letter of the spoiler tag as well lol ;)

Going to retry my Catacomb run today,found the place incredibly hard all of a sudden last night,compared to the stuff before that...maybe I was tired or those fast ennemies are too much for me for now...

IbukiLordSA

Okay, the NPC lady who sells miracles has disappeared from Firelink Shrine, how do I buy miracles now?

If you only bought miracles then congrats, you have done a good deed and she has now become a Firekeeper, you can find her in the area behind where the Katana Swordsman was outside firelink shrine.

If you have bought any dark magic from here then she has been taken away and you will have to go find her again.

myco666

good god how do you beat
King of the Storm
...how do you avoid his fire from above AOE move...there doesn't seem to be any way of avoiding it except if you get lucky with your rolls

When it rises of the floor immediately run away from it. Do this everytime since it is either going to do the AoE or just fly around so you 'win' in either case.

I'm finding this game pretty easy so far, and I quit Bloodborne because the bosses were too annoying. Halfway through the Road of Sacrifices at the moment.

What's the best infusion for the uchigatana? Sharp or refined?

Ricker

Trying to "Git Gud" at partying...

Yep,I am playing a Knight and I tried a lot at the beginning but cant pull it off most of the time but it wasn't really needed until this place,I just block(L1)...the parry is L2 at the right time or bringing up the shield with L1 at at the right time...? or maybe I will use the shield bash Shield...

good god how do you beat
King of the Storm
...how do you avoid his fire from above AOE move...there doesn't seem to be any way of avoiding it except if you get lucky with your rolls

Spoiler taged boss tactic:
Roll about a second after he discharges his lightning bolt into the sky.

Trying to "Git Gud" at partying...

Maybe you need to learn from the master:

d1d2bfd25b903fb9d148aa9677cfd2d9.jpg

Smouldering Lake is much bigger than I thought it was. I don't get why there's that last bonfire though, what's the point?
There's the Estus Shard and the pyromancy tome but that's it

If you want to skip the gigantic worm, you can enter the underground maze thing by luring the catapult to shoot at the brick wall/roof that can be found to the right when entering the Smouldering Lake area from Catacombs. Almost at the opposite side of the area from boss door. I think the bonfire you refer to is there for people who want to get to boss via maze instead of through gigantic worm.

Visceir

I'm a pyromancer, and feel like I'm doing pretty well so far. I just reached
the Catacombs of Carthus
, and nothing has given me too much trouble. I even beat
The Abyss Watchers
on my first attempt. My main spells are Fire Orb and Great Combustion.

That said, I'm still using the Deep Battle Axe I got from the very start of
High Wall of Lothric
. It doesn't scale, so it's good for classes that don't invest in STR or DEX, but I was hoping I'd have found something else by now, as I've been using basicaly this one melee weapon for 20 hours. I've found the
Saint Bident
which scales with Faith, but having checked it's stats, it looks like it's not enough to outperform the Deep Battle Axe. Unless upgrading it means it's Faith scaling increases exponentially. But to test it, I'd need to upgrade it multiple times and level up my DEX by 3 levels to wield it. I don't want to risk wasting a bunch of materials and 3 level ups.

Any weapon suggestions for somebody with 12 STR and 9 DEX?

I've been rocking Astora's straight sword with raw infusion. Think it had something like 225 atk at +4, felt like a really OP weapon and made me think why I even need DEX/STR

Smouldering Lake is much bigger than I thought it was. I don't get why there's that last bonfire though, what's the point?

You can start off at that 'last' bonfire if you
have one of the bolts shoot at you while standing in the right place, having the floor collapse in

Want to cheese an area with a bow because you're having a hard time with some stronger enemies? Can't have that. You're now limited to 99 of each kind of arrows. (Admittedly this isn't an issue once you have an upgraded bow, but you need materials for that, so back to square one.)
This really surprised me when I bought arrows. I'm kind of hoping it gets patched a la Bloodborne and storage. They can iron out these wrinkles if they want to. I'd forgot all about the shortbow's changes until now so maybe that's why they limited the "ammo"?

I see people reach the end of the game in 35-40 hours, I've just reached
Anor Londo (Already defeated Yhorm)
and I'm only at 30. From the achievement's list I see I've got a lot of bosses left, does the game speed up in the end or is it me just taking my time ?

Fiend

It can actually be your first. Just before those crabs are some stoneplates which break down if a balista arrow hits them.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
What're some of the best weapons to use? I'm crushing face early-midgame (at cathedral) with a heavy broadsword +3. I'm a str/stam/vit build. I feel like there's probably cooler weapons, but I'm obsessed with dealing as much damage as I can ie my upgraded weapon deals more damage than anything else (obviously).

Mutombo

There are way too many mimics in this game. I think that sucks.

they still give good items! But tense battle pre-item-get!

I was around 35 hours before I beat Yhorm, but did the Lothric Castle part before that.

Right now I'm enjoying the change of scenery at
Archdragon Peak. I dropped dead trying to impale the dragon from above. Try again?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is there a lot of summoning of NPCs for boss fights? I haven't seen a single one.

Yes, most of the boss fights usually have at least one NPC summon. To make most of them appear however, you need to have progressed their respective questlines, which can be a bit tricky to do without a guide, so maybe that's why they are not showing up for you

Zoggy

so vit is the new pointless stat?

that is so lame. why even put
havel the rock
in this game, you're just insulting him.

Does anyone have the slightest idea what drop rates for Dark Sword are meant to be? I know I could respec to increase my luck etc but just wondering

Boogdud

Hmm, well I had a double KO on Aldrich last night, got my souls back but didn't get the cutscene. Had to youtube :(

Also, if I didn't fully use Yoel (only managed to get 3 out of him), is it impossible to do Anri's quest? I at least wanted to kill her and steal her sword if I couldn't but I already talked to her at the cathedral and I think she's just in limbo forever now because Yuria never showed at firelight.

Ertai

I'm getting completely smashed to bits by those dancer knights in I
rithyll of the Boreal Valle
y. I just can't seem to deal with them, they just keep on hitting me until i either die or my guard breaks and i die. Hits take off such a big part of my HP...so frustrating!

GulAtiCa

So I take it all the spells that buff weapons (Carthus Flame Arc, Magic Weapon, Lightning, Dark, etc) can't be used on already infused magic weapons? I'm little sad to find out that My Fire Flamberge can't be buffed (like it could be in DK2). Maybe with Chaos infusion?

Would changing the infusion to something else be better?

Does anyone know for sure if using the Choas infussion allow me to buff the weapon with my Carthus Flame Arc? Is there another Flame Weapon spell? Does anon-magic infussion of sharp, heavy, etc work with the spell?

Does anyone have the slightest idea what drop rates for Dark Sword are meant to be? I know I could respec to increase my luck etc but just wondering

I dunno but this was my experience earlier

I was trying to get that stupid dark sword. Ended up with 3 full sets of dark wraith armour and 3 pale tongues and maybe 60 cracked red eye orbs before it dropped. The funniest part is I gave up and decided to just fight Abyss Watchers, decided to kill one for the fuck of it and there it was.

Cracked Red Eye Orbs are definitely the most common drop. I don't know whether the sword is as likely as the armour pieces but I only winded up with 1 after about a half hour of farming with no discovery bonuses.

Kyne

Is the first Black Knight you encounter (in Road of Sacrifices) not farmable for the gear set? I got him to drop the gauntlets once, killed him 2-3 more times and got nothing.

I dunno but this was my experience earlier

Cracked Red Eye Orbs are definitely the most common drop. I don't know whether the sword is as likely as the armour pieces but I only winded up with 1 after about a half hour of farming with no discovery bonuses.

well i haven't done much farming, but at this stage in the game it nets me a decent amount of souls o i will continue for a bit...then probably continue with Road of Sacrifices.

I'm getting completely smashed to bits by those dancer knights in I
rithyll of the Boreal Valle
y. I just can't seem to deal with them, they just keep on hitting me until i either die or my guard breaks and i die. Hits take off such a big part of my HP...so frustrating!

They are kinda annoying. Luckily, heavier weapons stun lock them very well.

saturnine

This really surprised me when I bought arrows. I'm kind of hoping it gets patched a la Bloodborne and storage. They can iron out these wrinkles if they want to. I'd forgot all about the shortbow's changes until now so maybe that's why they limited the "ammo"?
What changes? Those introduced in Dark Souls 2?
If they want to keep the maximum amount of arrows equipped at 99, fine, but I really hope they bump up the stock limit at least yeah. It makes no sense currently.

And I just remembered how crossbows are now garbage too. I have no clue how they came up with the brilliant idea of having you reload after each shot.

Mupod

I feel like I hit that point where my build has finally come together. I'm raising hp, stamina, strength and dex evenly and I'm in the mid 20s for each now. Have not died at all since I dropped the dark sword, went back to my waifu lothric knight sword and raised it to +7. I did that immediately before my last fight against
Old Demon King
and since then I've cleared the
cathedral
and
Irithyll
. I did a lot of co-op on
Pontiff
for practice so it wasn't technically a one shot but I've even fought off a few invaders. The key has been the ring that restores FP on criticals combined with a shield that lets me use weapon arts without two-handing - guard break all day every day. Also, I upgraded my
Pharis
bow and the damage output is quite respectable. Kills almost all small/unarmored enemies in 1-2 hits of a standard arrow and is not unreasonable to use on bigger guys either.

I ran into an enemy wielding a
dragonslayer greatbow.
Which means those are in this game. Which means I need one. He didn't respawn though, so I guess I can't farm it...yet.

I've been sitting at near 70% equip load looking like Tarkus trying to do Black Knight cosplay and I really don't see any reason to drop all the way down to 30. Sure poise doesn't do shit, but the iframes on my roll seem quite generous as is. The 70% roll feels like fastroll in earlier games.

Owensboro

Does the word "Nito" spoil anything at all about said DS1 boss' mechanics or location?

The word itself doesn't, but all the other words around it do. For instance, seeing:
"Nito is an interesting fight, but man those adds!" is harmful. Anyone who just hopped in the thread immediately has a part of the fight ruined for them. Compare this to:
"N
ito
is an interesting fight...." and you see nothing is ruined. People like me who browse these threads and highlight no spoilers (because I'm not done with the game yet) gain nothing from that other than a boss starts with an N, and even then won't make the connection to the actual boss because it's not even his full name.

Honestly, the whole point of these games in the mystery and discovery of everything. It's so easy to use spoiler tags (there's even a button for it!) you might as well err on the side of helping out fellow players instead of potentially ruining something for them. "Do unto others" and all that jazz.

Derp

I have the cell key yet i can't unlock the cell door in the High Wall of Lothric... It just says "It's locked" when i try to open it. How do you use keys :/

pa22word

Champion Gundyr

top_that_arrested_development.gif

I love sunbroing him. Half the time the fight lasts like 10 seconds into the second round because dude tries to ape him and gets caught in 100% combo chain.

NK is the same way. I literally run for my life (seriously, have sacrificed 3/4s of my health bar doing this...) to get caught first before the summoner gets hit once because half the time the dude is dead by the time NK finishes his opening combo.

III-V

No need to do all that I think, I dropped two in about ten minutes time, I have 10 points in luck.

I have the cell key yet i can't unlock the cell door in the High Wall of Lothric... It just says "It's locked" when i try to open it. How do you use keys :/

Keys will be used automatically when you have the correct key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom