• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

30 Proofs get after I killing those knights 300 times. I am so sick of those stairs and I have 100 of their full sets now.

IbukiLordSA

I'm finding this game pretty easy so far, and I quit Bloodborne because the bosses were too annoying. Halfway through the Road of Sacrifices at the moment.

What's the best infusion for the uchigatana? Sharp or refined?

If you are going Dex then sharp as Uchi gets a B scaling

I can't believe I can stunlock a (late game enemy?)
Lothric Castle Knight
with a straight-sword but trying same with my claymore gets me killed because enemy recovers and gets a hit in. I would imagine that a bigger weapon would cause a bigger stagger, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work like that.

So that nobody gets their hopes up, I started farming the two guys who drop it while leaving my summon sign. I could kill them at least 2-3 times between summons. I had well over 100k souls by the time it dropped.

Same. I've farmed for over an hour and no sword.

Yep,I am playing a Knight and I tried a lot at the beginning but cant pull it off most of the time but it wasn't really needed until this place,I just block(L1)...the parry is L2 at the right time or bringing up the shield with L1 at at the right time...? or maybe I will use the shield bash Shield...
The parry is L2 with shields that can parry. It has to be done at the right timing before you get hit. There is slight delay due to the animation.
Does anyone have the slightest idea what drop rates for Dark Sword are meant to be? I know I could respec to increase my luck etc but just wondering
I got the dark sword within 10 mins on my PC character and I have 9 luck. It appears to be low however It's rng.

ys45

I started the
Swamp
area yesterday Having a hard time with the
Giant Crab
and those
Freak with some kind of cross on their back with chains
they break my guard easily and attack furiously fast .
This is something I am having issue with the game so far, enemies are pretty fast and you are slow, at least in Bloodborne you were also fast .

The bow is a must have weapon for some enemies/area.

pa22word

Lothric Castle Knight
with a straight-sword but trying same with my claymore gets me killed because enemy recovers and gets a hit in. I would imagine that a bigger weapon would cause a bigger stagger, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work like that.

Counter R2 from greatswords eat LK's lunch. Follow it with an R1. If Claymore has stance, then tank a hit from him and R2 swing followed by a hard R2 for lots and lots of damage.

Dark Sword DPS is better, but if you love that GS crunch like I do, you'll make do.

myco666

so vit is the new pointless stat?

that is so lame. why even put
havel the rock
in this game, you're just insulting him.

How is it pointless when it dictates what armor sets and weapons you can use with decent rolling? Unless you go naked with daggers it is really useful stat.

Lothric Castle Knight

Yup. Greatswords are trash now.

Chorazin

Speaking of Greatswords, I hate how many are availible from boss souls. :/ Give me a damn dex based sword for once!

And the spells are all kinda hot garbage too. :/

pa22word

Yup. Greatswords are trash now.

I don't really agree. Other than Dark Sword, stance is insanely good PVE and PVP (unless h
avel
shield). Sure, you often tank a hit or two, but jesus the damage out of it is insane to the point it's often worth the trade off, especially PVP.

Dark Sword is a freak of nature atm. I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up nerfed soon. Stance + straight sword speed = insane damage all the time basically whenever you want. It might get left alone due to the reach being pretty poor, but in the realm of H
avel
Shields + estoc rocking everyone I doubt that's going to make much of a difference at the moment.

Counter R2 from greatswords eat LK's lunch. Follow it with an R1. If Claymore has stance, then tank a hit from him and R2 swing followed by a hard R2 for lots and lots of damage.

Dark Sword DPS is better, but if you love that GS crunch like I do, you'll make do.

When I use claymore against enemies I mentioned, I:
Stance + R1 --> back off. If I hit their guard and they stagger, I follow up with normal R1.

Simply R2 has a chance that it will be blocked and then I'm screwed.

I manage, but that wasn't the point. What I meant was, the game feels several times easier when I just kill the enemy by spamming R1 on my straight-sword. Instead of a ~300 + ~300 from my claymore by perfectly timing my stance hit + follow-up, I can just spam R1 and get 1k+.

It feels wrong.

myco666

I don't really agree. Other than Dark Sword, stance is insanely good PVE and PVP (unless h
avel
shield). Sure, you often tank a hit or two, but jesus the damage out of it is insane to the point it's often worth the trade off, especially PVP.

Dark Sword is a freak of nature atm. I wouldn't be shocked if it ends up nerfed soon. Stance + straight sword speed = insane damage all the time basically whenever you want. It might get left alone due to the reach being pretty poor, but in the realm of H
avel
Shields + estoc rocking everyone I doubt that's going to make much of a difference at the moment.

I've only tried two Greatswords (Zweihander and FUGS) and both were really slow compared to the damage they do. Especially when I can get faster weapons with almost the same damage.

The fact that dark sword wasn't nerfed already boggles my mind. Insane damage for a straight sword and stagger capability, all that with the speed of it's category.

Arjen

Late game area invasion story.
Co OP with a friend, we get invaded at the dragon barracks in Lothric castle. Try to 1 on 1 the dude, but he heals and runs away, fucker runs straight to the ice dancer thing in the closed basement. We wait at the top at the stairs, pop a seed of a tree, bye bro.

Cob32

Late game area invasion story.
Co OP with a friend, we get invaded at the dragon barracks in Lothric castle. Try to 1 on 1 the dude, but he heals and runs away, fucker runs straight to the ice dancer thing in the closed basement. We wait at the top at the stairs, pop a seed of a tree, bye bro.

Lol imagine his face. Can phantoms pop a seed of a tree or is it host only?

Dmax3901

Just beat A
ldrich
! Progressing nicely after treading water in
Irithyll Dungeon
and
Smouldering Lake

CHC

I think I got lucky with D
ancer of the
B
oreal Valley
... killed her on my first try VERY easily because she was hardly attacking at all, just kind of slowly walking backwards. Greataxe demolished her very quickly....

_Legacy_

I started the
Swamp
area yesterday Having a hard time with the
Giant Crab
and those
Freak with some kind of cross on their back with chains
they break my guard easily and attack furiously fast .
This is something I am having issue with the game so far, enemies are pretty fast and you are slow, at least in Bloodborne you were also fast .

The bow is a must have weapon for some enemies/area.

I defeated one of the Crabs in the swamp area only once (I farmed ALOT in that area during my early stages), every time I revisited, I left them alone, not worth the hassle for me imo. The cross bearing guys are ok but you need to learn their swipe combos, you can always get a few hits in after they leap towards you, providing you dodged of course. I think someone likened Dark Souls to 'learning how to dance', every enemy is a different dance partner but once you get their routine down, it's easier.

Also Irithyll Straight Sword for lyfe, I love this weapon, I'm currently a level 87 pyro and still running with it, the reach and speed is too good.I tried the dark sword but personally didn't like the shorter reach.

CHC

You can tell some of the Dark Souls 2 team worked on this game, because there are a few areas where they give out bonfires like candy. Some of them are even a room or two away with no real reason for existing (
Demon Ruins
, for example).

The only one that was really nuts was after W
olnir
. Bonfire in his room, then the cave right after him, then right after the bridge...

I kind of miss when the bonfires would be a LITTLE bit after the boss, maybe even behind an easy enemy or two. I love the suspense of killing a boss and then having to keep going, if only for a short amount of time.

I'm thinking of stuff like Capra Demon or Smough and Ornstein. The bonfire doesn't appear immediately after the fight, but it's reasonably easy to get to.

Having trouble defeating
Alrich, Devourer of gods

Can i only summon one other player to help defeat him? After i summon one bro, all the other summon signs disappear. I also heard that i could summon
Orbeck of Vinheim
for this fight. Where is his summon sign?

Was that carpet always on fire...

NG+.

2232jQw.jpg

Toukiden Souls

Auctopus

Having trouble defeating
Alrich, Devourer of gods

Can i only summon one other player to help defeat him? After i summon one bro, all the other summon signs disappear. I also heard that i could summon
Orbeck of Vinheim
for this fight. Where is his summon sign?

I know you're tempted to summon but I just wanna say that
Aldrich
is one of the best fights in the game when you figure out each of his moves and summoning a buddy COMPLETELY trivialises the fight. As in, the mechanics are broken when there's an extra person in the room.

Lakitu

st5fu
Is there any way to avoid K
ing
of the S
torm
's
fire breathing attack. I hit his head and he floats above for 2 or 3 seconds and then does this massive fire attack.
I simply can't avoid it no matter which direction I go in.

pa22word

When I use claymore against enemies I mentioned, I:
Stance + R1 --> back off. If I hit their guard and they stagger, I follow up with normal R1.

Simply R2 has a chance that it will be blocked and then I'm screwed.

I manage, but that wasn't the point. What I meant was, the game feels several times easier when I just kill the enemy by spamming R1 on my straight-sword. Instead of a ~300 + ~300 from my claymore by perfectly timing my stance hit + follow-up, I can just spam R1 and get 1k+.

It feels wrong.

I've only tried two Greatswords (Zweihander and FUGS) and both were really slow compared to the damage they do. Especially when I can get faster weapons with almost the same damage.

Greatswords are tougher now, but with stance the poise difference makes up for it in the end with enough vig. And with FUGS, if you're not two handing it with grass crest then you need to be. The thing has 80% damage reduction. That's higher than like half the shields in the game.

The thing with greatswords seems to be how much you utilize arts. With arts utilized correctly, they are devastating. To the first guy, instead of rolling after stance > R1, follow up! Get after people! The best tips I can give to someone, as a person who has played this game for nearly 60 hours already and beaten it nearly 3 times is that constantly being on the offensive is the best move. PVP is still borked atm due to balancing issues, but PVE you should be fine with greatswords as long as you aren't afraid to tank a hit here and there for the greater good.
What the hell's up with this wall?

No, it's not an illusory wall.

I'm guessing it's an eventual DLC entry path. I noticed it on both runs and pop'd it both times for good measure.
Oh?

....so the last one always cutscenes you?
Yep

ing
of the S
torm
's
fire breathing attack. I hit his head and he floats above for 2 or 3 seconds and then does this massive fire attack.

Run away. Seriously, just turn tails and run in the opposite direction as far as you can. If you've leveled end enough by that late you should easily have enough stamina to get out of range.

ys45

I defeated one of the Crabs in the swamp area only once (I farmed ALOT in that area during my early stages), every time I revisited, I left them alone, not worth the hassle for me imo. The cross bearing guys are ok but you need to learn their swipe combos, you can always get a few hits in after they leap towards you, providing you dodged of course. I think someone likened Dark Souls to 'learning how to dance', every enemy is a different dance partner but once you get their routine down, it's easier.

Also Irithyll Straight Sword for lyfe, I love this weapon, I'm currently a level 87 pyro and still running with it, the reach and speed is too good.I tried the dark sword but personally didn't like the shorter reach.

Cool, thanks for the tips Il try that tonight . I'm still using my long sword (at + 3) But is the Irithyll sword faster than the long sword ?
I did try it and it's a cool looking sword with good move set and causing Frostbite but I did not notice it was being faster .

Oh and just noticed it need Twinkling Titanite to upgrade

ExVicis

IS anyone willing to give up or trade a Hip Bone to me? I'm trying to get all the trade items off of Pump-a rum and I don't have any because I was stupid. I'm pretty sure the item you get for it is needed to complete the outfit I've been trying to finish so help is very much appreciated and I'm willing to do anything to get it.

SkylineRKR

Is the first Black Knight you encounter (in Road of Sacrifices) not farmable for the gear set? I got him to drop the gauntlets once, killed him 2-3 more times and got nothing.

3 times is nothing.

I farmed him for over 2 hours. approx 50 kills? Not sure. I got 7 gauntlets, 3x legs, 3x shield, 2x, armor and 1x Sword. I don't have the helmet yet.

The sword dead last, ofcourse, as I farmed for that to begin with. Might be that weapons have a lower rate. Dark Sword casually dropped inbetween from wraiths, which was cool as its my main now (though it seems to be getting too popular).

I'm getting completely smashed to bits by those dancer knights in I
rithyll of the Boreal Valle
y. I just can't seem to deal with them, they just keep on hitting me until i either die or my guard breaks and i die. Hits take off such a big part of my HP...so frustrating!
If it helps, you only really need to fight the three of them that you encounter when you first get to that area. The other ones roam around the city and can be stealthed around

I'm a dumbass. I thought I tried the Dark Sword (upgraded the hell out of it, too) and didn't get what all the fuss was about, but that was the Black Blade. Hah...oh man. Guess I haven't used the OP Dark Sword then.

lionpants

ing
of the S
torm
's
Keep your distance and only attack the head when the boss is recovering from attacks with his spear.

First phase is easy if you just bait one of the three following attacks by staying mid-range; melee lightning spear (roll once to avoid), three hit combo (roll 3 times to avoid), frontal fire breath (sprint towards the next on the right side). Once either attack is avoided, hit the head twice and back off. He should then never do the deep breath attack.

ironcreed

Banned
Progressing through the levels makes this the toughest entry into the series for me, but the bosses so far are not quite as brutal and seem more par for the course. My character:

And on a side note, The Dancer of the Boreal Valley is probably the most beautiful boss fight ever. Just an amazing enemy.

_Legacy_

Cool, thanks for the tips Il try that tonight . I'm still using my long sword (at + 3) But is the Irithyll sword faster than the long sword ?
I did try it and it's a cool looking sword with good move set and causing Frostbite but I did not notice it was being faster .

Oh and just noticed it need Twinkling Titanite to upgrade

I haven't used the long sword so not really sure, I might give it a go tonight. The Twinkling Titanite is a real pain the ass but I've stuck with it, just need to find one more before I get to +4.

Ferr986

Progressing through the levels makes this the toughest entry into the series for me, but the bosses so far are not quite as brutal and seem more par for the course. My character:

And on a side note, The D
ancer of the Boreal Valley
is probably the most beautiful boss fight ever. Just an amazing enemy.

Yep, one of the best bosses in Souls games
the music, the arena getting burned with her attacks, her footstep sounds, the way she moves when circling you (with her curved stancing), her breath sounds when attacking...

Sucks that I already fought her to death in the beta, so it was easy for me in the full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom