• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having issues with P
atches
spawning. I've read online to try and leave and come back to the bridge where he is supposed to be but he's not appearing. Have I progressed too far and he's now gone?

LiK

Tips for Pontiff solo no shield? I didn't have trouble with the watchers phase 2 but I can't seem to read this fellow.

Basically get as close as possible. His melee attacks will miss you.

I'm having issues with P
atches
spawning. I've read online to try and leave and come back to the bridge where he is supposed to be but he's not appearing. Have I progressed too far and he's now gone?

he should spawn once you go into the Tower behind the Shrine. If you already went there, he should be in the corner in second floor right near the tree giant.

KHlover

Banned
I'm having issues with P
atches

If he doesn't appear in the
Cathedral
, try the
Tower behind the Firelink Shrine
next.

In Farron Keep. This unarmed goat head/vampire creature keeps drinking my blood and taking tons of my health away! I'm bad at this game. Ragequit this morning.

Leezard

In Farron Keep. This unarmed goat head/vampire creature keeps drinking my blood and taking tons of my health away! I'm bad at this game. Ragequit this morning.

I think it's interesting how the goat head creatures with weapons are less dangerous than the ones without weapon.

I know people brag a lot about beating a boss in one try but I feel like shit when that happens. That's the sign of a poorly designed boss fight, in my opinion. I think the ideal number of tries for me is around 10-15. It's not enough that I become frustrated but it is enough that I feel noticeable improvement in how I'm doing in the fight based on learning the boss' patterns and moves. I also don't mind the occasional boss that kicks my ass for 3+ hours (like O&S my first time or Ludwig from Bloodborne's DLC) but I'd say one of those a game is enough, haha.

One of the most rewarding aspects of Souls games is the sense of satisfaction that comes with overcoming a difficult obstacle. Beating a boss in one attempt undermines that entirely for me. Which bosses will you remember years from now, the Ludwigs of Bloodborne or the Covetous Demons of Dark Souls II?

Nephtes

Is
Yoel
and the other pilgrims, one of those
snake
dudes from
Archdragon Peak
??

One of the most rewarding aspects of Souls games is the sense of satisfaction that comes with overcoming a difficult obstacle. Beating a boss in one attempt undermines that entirely for me. Which bosses will you remember years from now, the Ludwigs of Bloodborne or the Covetous Demons of Dark Souls II?

I will always always always remember the Covetous Demon from Dark Souls 2. People always summoned on that fight, so I farmed it for Sun Bro metals like 20 to 30 times...

The dancers at
Boreal,
are they weak to anything in particular? I have a fire gem on my weapon, but I'm guessing blessed or dark weapons might do more damage given the scenery.

Big Chungus

D
ragon Armor
boss is kicking my ass.

Doesn't help that summoning people is glitching too.

Any suggestions? Using a Dark Sword and its doing very little damage.

pa22word

Wow, I managed to beat on first try without getting any dmg the
Catacomb
boss.

Easiest boss in the game ?

The only time I've ever taken damage in that fight is something I still don't understand, and I've killed him 3 times.

Some kind of aoe health drain thing, I think. I'm like waylaying on his arms and suddenly my health starts going down. I just shrug and estus through it until it stops then start waylaying on him again.

LiK

Catacomb
boss.

Easy if you know the weakness. I found the D
eacons
the easiest boss in the game.

The only time I've ever taken damage in that fight is something I still don't understand, and I've killed him 3 times.

Some kind of aoe health drain thing, I think. I'm like waylaying on his arms and suddenly my health starts going down. I just shrug and estus through it until it stops then start waylaying on him again.

He does a breath attack that kills you quick if you're in the AOE.

It's the fog around him that he also attacks with sometimes. Problem is it sometimes damages you when it isn't visible. That boss is so random. He has a lot of attacks I didn't even see when I beat him the 1st time. Then on ng+ he is doing all of them including calling in an army of skels and the rolling bastards.

LiK

It's the fog around him that he also attacks with sometimes. Problem is it sometimes damages you when it isn't visible. That boss is so random. He has a lot of attacks I didn't even see when I beat him the 1st time. Then on ng+ he is doing all of them including calling in an army of skels and the rolling bastards.
he also pulls out a
knife
in NG+. I don't recall that happening in NG.

Catacomb
boss.

This is the boss I'm stuck on at the minute. I've finished DS/DS2/BB and DS3 is the game I've been having most trouble with by far.

Maybe I'm not gud anymore.

pa22word

he also pulls out a
knife

I think most of his moves are time and/or health bar based, problem is he goes down so damned fast on NG that no one sees them. I've beaten him on NG++ and never seen him summon the skeletons, for example. I've actually never seen him do anything but pound his fists and the fog attack.

That interview posted a few pages back mentioned they hit early bosses with the nerf hammer hard, and it wouldn't shock me if at some point in time this boss had a health bar that was at least 5 times longer, or had a second phase when you broke the rings and shit got real.

As it is though, just a snore of a boss all around despite the interesting concept.

he also pulls out a
knife

I think if you destroy the right bracelet first, it prevents
knife
from coming out? Or maybe he just dies too fast when I killed him doing coop and thats what I "think" happens :lol

pa22word

I think if you destroy the right bracelet first, it prevents
knife
from coming out? Or maybe he just dies too fast when I killed him doing coop and thats what I "think" happens :lol

lol that would explain why I've never seen it. I always head to the right first >.>

LiK

lol that would explain why I've never seen it. I always head to the right first >.>

Oh, I always attack the left arm first. It would be fun if someone tries and see how many animations he goes through so we can see all the forms. Seems like a waste since he goes down so quickly.

Still one of the best boss reveals in the Souls games.

Heh, I'm sure this is well known by now, but I was just screwing around with a new Deprived character, and ended up jumping up to the roof area at Firelink. Couple of nice items to have early.

Chorazin

D
ragon Armor
boss is kicking my ass.

Doesn't help that summoning people is glitching too.

Any suggestions? Using a Dark Sword and its doing very little damage.

Did you summon the NPC in the room close to there? That made the fight a breeze for me using magic.

ys45

This is the boss I'm stuck on at the minute. I've finished DS/DS2/BB and DS3 is the game I've been having most trouble with by far.

Maybe I'm not gud anymore.

Well maybe I got lucky too because I know he can summon skeletons and also summon some kind of giant blade but he never did any of that.
Might be because I rushed on his hands and attacked the bracelets once I realized they were probably his weakness

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Abyss Watchers was my first skill-check. It was 7 or 8 attempts before I got them.
Managed through the first half of the fight consistently, without too many problems. Thought it was always good fun when the ones with the red eyes got up to fight on my side. The second half was tough though. That dude with his big fire sword is relentless. Many multi-hit combo attacks and big gap closing leaps. Good thing the game has been teaching me to back the fuck off and roll.

I assume it's a good idea to farm these 2 Darkwraiths for the legendary Dark Sword now?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I know people brag a lot about beating a boss in one try but I feel like shit when that happens. That's the sign of a poorly designed boss fight, in my opinion. I think the ideal number of tries for me is around 10-15. It's not enough that I become frustrated but it is enough that I feel noticeable improvement in how I'm doing in the fight based on learning the boss' patterns and moves. I also don't mind the occasional boss that kicks my ass for 3+ hours (like O&S my first time or Ludwig from Bloodborne's DLC) but I'd say one of those a game is enough, haha.

Wait, people had trouble with Covetous Demon?

Never mind, i get what you are saying now.

I think the Covetous Demon fight was fine. I like the attack where he strips you naked with his mouth.

pa22word

Abyss Watchers was my first skill-check. It was 7 or 8 attempts before I got them.
Managed through the first half of the fight consistently, without too many problems. Thought it was always good fun when the ones with the red eyes got up to fight on my side. The second half was tough though. That dude with his big fire sword is relentless. Many multi-hit combo attacks and big gap closing leaps. Good thing the game has been teaching me to back the fuck off and roll.

I assume it's a good idea to farm these 2 Darkwraiths for the legendary Dark Sword now?

Farm? More like "planting a potato spud in your back yard for shits and giggles" as the drop rate is through the roof for that sword, in my experience.

I have like 5 of them through NG++ lol

Tingle

Wait, people had trouble with Covetous Demon?

He had that OHKO attack if you stood by his front, and I think people liked to summon for him just to avoid that situation. But yeah, that place was oddly a summoning hotbed, I helped tons of people there as well.

Kyoufu

Farm? More like "planting a potato spud in your back yard for shits and giggles" as the drop rate is through the roof for that sword, in my experience.

Eh, I had like 90 of them when farming for the covenant items.

kencey

No shit, the poise doesn't work in this game. WTF

I just put on the full Lothric Knight set to let myself get hit by the weak mobs in the tutorial area and get staggered by each hit.
Holy crap FromSoft...

I read somewhere it doesn't work if your standing still.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Need some tips GAF, hit my first wall in
Old Demon King
. I'm Pyro so my ranged attacks are pitiful on him, if I get up close he wrecks me.

Burnt through all my embers trying last night and now I need to farm for more before going again!

I'm guessing buff the hell out of my fire DEF. Is it worth trying some sorcerer spells on him?

As a pyro fighting him I switched from all fire stuff on him to all Dark magic stuff since it scales off faith/int too. Used a dark-buffed Astora straight sword and dark beads or whatever it's called.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member

Well that sounds good!

I only fought them the first time, as I was clearing the area. After that I just ran past to get back to the boss, as you do.

It's Dark damage I believe, got caught in it yesterday and more or less insta-death'd (well a few seconds).

I tried him five times yesterday and the fucking summoned skeletons are what killed me every time at approximately 25% of his health tops, infuriating to say the least. I know I should keep an eye on them, but I swear I turned around and suddenly there were 8 of them.

myco666

Wow Aldrich Faithful actually works properly for me now. Getting constant invasions. Darkmoon and Blue Sentinels still nothing though.

SDR-UK

Or farm skeletons with a garbage % drop rate even with all the discovery stuff equipped.

Anybody wanna help me out for a bit? I need 3 more Shackles. Lvl 139 in NG+ on PS4

I can help you out but I'll have to reroll into NG++ and kill the first boss to get to the High Wall of Lothric. Is that alright?

Meccs

Dex weapons are strong but kinda boring imho. The Estoc especially. it wrecks in the beginning but I can't stand the move set anymore. What is everyone enjoying? I need some suggestions.

Sullichin

Dex weapons are strong but kinda boring imho. The Estoc especially. it wrecks in the beginning but I can't stand the move set anymore. What is everyone enjoying? I need some suggestions.

I am so sick of seeing estocs and rapiers in PVP.
They are so hard to dodge.

Tingle

If you are willing to go with a trash weapon, I went through the game mostly on the starting bandit knife, which is a lot of fun due to quickstep and the bleeding from it.

Some fights will make you pull your hair out, though.

I ended up using Anri's Sword due to its luck scaling, though. My dex build slowly morphed into luck by the end.

SDR-UK

I have up to Catacombs unlocked so far, does what NG phase you're in matter?

No, not at all. I'm just saying I have to reroll my character really quick in order to summon you. So add me or get a party chat going (SDR-UK) and we can discuss where I can summon and whatever, if you're available.

Edit: Should clarify PS4.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Katanas are actually good. My dex weapons are grave warden twinblades, washing pole and onikiri. Astora greatsword if you want a dex-scaling ultra greatsword. Exile Greatsword is really good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom