• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irithyll dungeon, on top of the giant, how do I get this item ?

vED67Jz.png

24hr

Behind you there's a set of stairs. This leads to an elevator that leaves you off near the original bonfire.

I went up the elevator killed the main enemy. Do I not need to kill the ones in front of me? I have hardly no health so don't want to get put back to the start!

DPB

So how viable is pyromancy in DS3?

It's okay, though you're going to need the casting speed ring as soon as possible and focus on intelligence and faith. There are a few good spells, but the majority are too slow and weak compared to better alternatives. After a certain point I only used three pyromancies:

Chaos Fire Orb for most things, it does high damage and leaves lava on the ground which can sometimes do 1-2 extra hits.

Black Fire Orb for anything that resists fire.

Sacred Flame, a close ranged attack that ignores shields and knocks enemies down.

Chaos Bed Vestiges does the most damage from a projectile, but it takes it up two slots and it's slower than Chaos Fire Orb, which seemed a better option. The other spells you get from bosses are fairly useless.

I wanted to experiment with more spells but you get so few slots from attunement that I stuck to those three. I can't really see a situation where spells like Firestorm would be useful, almost everything is too mobile now.

Danny 117

I went up the elevator killed the main enemy. Do I not need to kill the ones in front of me? I have hardly no health so don't want to get put back to the start!
You could run and go on the elevator and then open the door at the top. At that point it won't matter it you die as the door will be open for you then.

At the high wall of lothric... Theres a small tower with a locked door thats around where i picked up the long bow... How do i open it.. Says it doesn't open from that side but cant figure out how to get to it

mxgt

Banned
At the high wall of lothric... Theres a small tower with a locked door thats around where i picked up the long bow... How do i open it.. Says it doesn't open from that side but cant figure out how to get to it

Proceed through the level and you'll unlock it eventually, it's a shortcut to the ending area before the boss

myco666

Just great. I wait and wait to get summoned as a Blue Sentinel. Then I leave a white summon sign and I get summoned immediately to defend a host against a Red Invader. Just fuck off with this bullshit.

Proceed through the level and you'll unlock it eventually, it's a shortcut to the ending area before the boss

I'm missing something... I've already beat the boss.. I'm just exploring cause i missed the long bow earlier.. After beating the boss, thats when you put the banner, right? If so i definitely didn't see a door/area that leads to that

mxgt

Banned
I'm missing something... I've already beat the boss.. I'm just exploring cause i missed the long bow earlier.. After beating the boss, thats when you put the banner, right? If so i definitely didn't see a door/area that leads to that

Go to the area with the big fat knight with the glaive, exit that area and turn right, you'll see stairs leading up. That'll lead to the gate.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the poison soup areas in the Souls games! How do I make this area a bit more comfortable?
I'm at the point where I have to cross the two big monster thingies that sends out some skull magic shit while mashing me with their giant sticks
It's just so annoying having to wait out the poison build up all the time, while skipping from island to island :p

Holden

I hate the poison soup areas in the Souls games! How do I make this area a bit more comfortable?
I'm at the point where I have to cross the two big monster thingys that sends out some skull magic shit while mashing me with their giant sticks
It's just so annoying having to wait out the poison build up all the time, while skipping from island to island :p

Just deal with the poison dmg, it's not that much

iirc it's much less dmg per second than the previous games but last longer(?)

KHlover

Banned
I'm at the point where I have to cross the two big monster thingies that sends out some skull magic shit while mashing me with their giant sticks
Equip a dagger and L2 away

24hr

Tips on killing
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
? I get his life down to half then just
chargers
at me and I can't get a hit on him

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
OK, so I came across NPC Irina of Carim and killed her right there in her cell. She was incoherent and saying strange things......so I killed her. ooops?

Am I now therefore unable to utilise miracles?

Dmax3901

So for those who saw my post last night. I tried DA again, no ember, no summons and got him first try.

I leveled up guys. Me, not my character, do you get it.

Now I'm up against one of those fucking big super fast icey dudes, any tips for those? I hate them they should've been in that Kotaku article.

P.S. I put my controller in my lap to pat my cat and accidentally pressed R2 and killed the Fire Keeper. I was absolutely horrified.

KHlover

Banned
So for those who saw my post last night. I tried DA again, no ember, no summons and got him first try.

I leveled up guys. Me, not my character, do you get it.

Now I'm up against one of those fucking big super fast icey dudes, any tips for those? I hate them they should've been in that Kotaku article.

P.S. I put my controller in my lap to pat my cat and accidentally pressed R2 and killed the Fire Keeper. I was absolutely horrified.
Playing on PS4?

lawtowler

Need some tips GAF, hit my first wall in
Old Demon King
. I'm Pyro so my ranged attacks are pitiful on him, if I get up close he wrecks me.

Burnt through all my embers trying last night and now I need to farm for more before going again!

I'm guessing buff the hell out of my fire DEF. Is it worth trying some sorcerer spells on him?

Mupod

Poison damage in this game is extremely neglible. It feels like even toxic is maybe equivalent to the DaS1 poison status if not even weaker. I just ran around poisoned the whole time.

For those enemies:
You see those burning fires on the ground? If you lead them into those, they will burn to death VERY fast. Other than that I dunno, they have way lower hp than it seems like they should, I never had a problem. There is one group of 3 later on but you can pull them one at a time with a bow.

Ogawa-san

Old Demon King
. I'm Pyro so my ranged attacks are pitiful on him, if I get up close he wrecks me.

Burnt through all my embers trying last night and now I need to farm for more before going again!

I'm guessing buff the hell out of my fire DEF. Is it worth trying some sorcerer spells on him?
You could try cheesing him with a bow since he's slow and has no ranged attacks. Bring plenty of arrows.

Or you could just get used to the attack patterns:
two melee (sweep then pound, smash then "blow fire"), and two specials (meteor rain and ring of fire, you run away from both). He shouldn't use that 360º fire breath if you stay close.

Tips on killing
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
? I get his life down to half then just
chargers
at me and I can't get a hit on him

Basically just run at him and stand in front of him. When he swings roll at him and you end up under his groin. Swing away. If he pushes you out just repeat. If he does magic attack just run behind him as it takes him ages and swing away.

He is one of those bosses that if you aim to stay under him he becomes trivial as he cant hit you.

Mupod

Old Demon King

I hear he's
definitely easier as ranged but I was able to melee him down with some practice. He doesn't have THAT many moves and he has obvious tells, just don't get greedy. In the final phase it seems like it's harder but he actually has more openings. A shield with good fire def and/or high stability is very helpful.
I still kept wiping on him until I realized that I was still using a +3 sword and the preceding area had dropped a TON of large titanite. I went and raised it to +7 and won easily.

Sarcasm

Question:

I found Siegward and he was resting on the ledge. I exhausted all talking options and went and died..then he runs up. Do I get another chance to talk to him?

Kazuhira

Stuck with
dragonslayer armour
,he seems pretty doable though.
Champion Gundyr
was tearing me a new asshole when he power ups,his movemements were really hard to predict and i had to summon for the first time ever in my souls career :p
I feel dirty now.

I've been playing this game over the weekend and I love it. Better than DS2 and Bloodborne combined. Everything is familiar yet there are surprises everywhere.

NPCs are finally interesting again. My character got
"married"
and I found it rather disturbing. That was pretty grim. It was so weird with all the lead up and talking about it and when I finally saw my "spouse" I was like o_O.
I'm killing Yuria on my next playthrough, she probably killed poor Yoel, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom