• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's only certain elemental gems that won't give you int or faith scaling. For example a Chaos gem makes sense for a Pyromancer for int and faith scaling and Crystal gives you Int, Lightning Faith.

N° 2048

So if I use all the Embers that's it? No more online until I start a new game?

Just rekt
Deacons
on the first time with co-op partner.

Just rekt
Deacons

I'm about where you are and stay in ember form nearly all the time. Still have 60 in my inventory. You get them very easily, because you get one for every successful invasion

Sullichin

(Area spoiler) Anyone have any insight as to what
Profaned Capital
is supposed to be? Is this supposed to be
a location from DS1? Why is there a capital that you can only access via a dungeon?

LiK

Well, I haven't really tried it late-game. I'm exploring The Cathedral of the Deep and done a bit of exploring in the Farron Keep, but already have maxed the mound-makers and gotten pretty far towards maxing the tounges just by invading a lot. And once I max those covenants I'm gonna do a lot more just because it's so fun. Basically, if I only have an hour or so to play, I prefer doing random invasions for fun rather than continue on with the game. Probably spent more time in pvp than pve.

But yeah, if you don't really like the pvp, doing it for the trophies only will probably suck. I don't care about the trophies and just do it for fun. Will probably never bother maxing the watchdogs and blue-bro covenants because they don't feel that fun for me. Why would I spend so much time doing something I don't really enjoy (farming mobs for covenant items because it seems really hard to get summoned to do those covenants the intended way) for some lousy trophies?

Some of us like trophies. I don't need to explain that.

High level gankfests are shit in this game so I'm no longer invading anymore. It's no fun when you're constantly outnumbered and destroyed by a group.

N° 2048

I'm about where you are and stay in ember form nearly all the time. Still have 60 in my inventory. You get them very easily, because you get one for every successful invasion

I don't like PvP at all. I want to do the story co-op (mostly the bosses) so I'm not earning Embers by invading.

I also lose my Ember when I die it seems. They are getting rarer and rarer for me.

Bluenoser

Because of either of these reasons:

1) the host doesn't want to die and lose progress, so they get help
2) the host expects invasions and isn't brave enough to fight on their own

It sucks but that's the way the game is designed. Makes it hard to get your covenant items when you always have to take on 2+ players.

I don't like PvP at all. I want to do the story co-op (mostly the bosses) so I'm not earning Embers by invading.

I also lose my Ember when I die it seems. They are getting rarer and rarer for me.

There are enemies that drop them fairly frequently. Can't remember off the top of my head, but check the wiki, and just search for ember. It will list sources to obtain.

LiK

You get Embered if you successfully kill a boss in coop as a phantom. Just do that and you don't lose anything if you die.

Sullichin

You can farm the lothric knights patrolling on the staircase leading to Vordt in High Wall. They can drop embers.

Why are there always two people when I invade?

For some reason, they made it so people with summons have a higher priority to be invaded
If the host has summons and won't fight you one on one there is no shame in baiting them into groups of enemies. A lot of them are pretty ruthless and will follow the host party if they try to run away.

If they are not taking your bait, annoy them by polluting their airways with endless spamming of the carvings or 'hey' gesture

Some of us like trophies. I don't need to explain that.

I like trophies too, but I'm not going to ruin my enjoyment of my favourite games ever over some trophies. I've never gotten a plat in a Souls game and I imagine that will never change. Just not worth it for me

Agram

Because of either of these reasons:

1) the host doesn't want to die and lose progress, so they get help
2) the host expects invasions and isn't brave enough to fight on their own

It sucks but that's the way the game is designed. Makes it hard to get your covenant items when you always have to take on 2+ players.
What makes it even worse, the last three hosts I've invaded had phantoms throwing spells. Ugh...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

You get an ember for helping others beat bosses too.

Am I missing something or was Y
horm
the dumbest boss fight in the game?
I tried him with a standard weapon and was whittling his health down in tiny increments even when aiming for his head and hands, to the point where I felt like I was missing something. Looked up the stuff about the Storm Ruler and it just wrecked him to the point where there was no challenge.

His attacks were almost all super easy to dodge and he felt too simple. Really just an odd fight that felt poorly balanced.

mxgt

Banned
horm
I tried him with a standard weapon and was whittling his health down in tiny increments even when aiming for his head and hands, to the point where I felt like I was missing something. Looked up the stuff about the Storm Ruler and it just wrecked him to the point where there was no challenge.

His attacks were almost all super easy to dodge and he felt too simple. Really just an odd fight that felt poorly balanced.

It's fun if you do it with
Siegward. Problem is, the quest is too obscure and most won't have access to him there.

horm

I agree, but I'd go further that the whole area of the
Dungeon and the Capital
fell out of place for how much of a dip in difficulty it was compared to
Irithyll

(Area spoiler) Anyone have any insight as to what
Profaned Capital
is supposed to be? Is this supposed to be
a location from DS1? Why is there a capital that you can only access via a dungeon?

I think
Profaned Capital is Oolacile, and Yhorm has red eyes aka corrupted by the abyss, yeah...

DedValve

Banned
So I'm going for a strentgh/magic build. Any interesting stuff?

I currently got 30 str and 17 dex. Trying to get one more to use the sword you get from
Abyss walker? The one whose basically Maria from Bloodborne

Also defeated
the king from the catacombs.
Good god was he easy. His soul gives me either a black flame whip or a holy sword which seems to do way more damage than the abyss sword I'm currently leveling up for. But it scales with faith which I don't have a lot of. Worth it or nah?

LiK

It's fun if you do it with
Siegward. Problem is, the quest is too obscure and most won't have access to him there.

I'm about to do this in NG+. Just need to reach his final spot. Fucking obscure steps in order to complete his quest.

Just beat the game! Final boss was so awesome.
I even went for the thematic approach by popping an ember as he went into the second phase. Didn't take me a lot of tries. Maybe 4 or 5, but in the one I won I used all 15 of my ear is flasks. Very satisfying :D

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ng+ in this game is a ridiculous step down from DS2. And it is super easy.

Still fun, but i wish it had more elements like DS2 had.

LiK

So, standard Soul quest ;p

Orbeck is the easiest quest! Hardest part was I didn't know where he was to talk to him in the first spot. Lol

Ng+ in this game is a ridiculous step down from DS2. And it is super easy.

Still fun, but i wish it had more elements like DS2 had.

The only difference is enemies using a few more moves and have a bit more life. It's definitely not that great compared to DkS2. No surprises.

I agree, but I'd go further that the whole area of the
Dungeon and the Capital
fell out of place for how much of a dip in difficulty it was compared to
Irithyll
I didn't find those areas to be particularly difficult but I absolutely loved them. Incredible level design, atmosphere, and art direction on display throughout that entire sequence. I'm usually not a huge fan of dungeon type areas in Souls games but they just nailed it with this one.
Then that moment when you see the Profaned Capital for the first time... So good.
It's just a shame it had to be topped off which such a lame boss.

Just rekt
Deacons

You can find embers all over the place, some enemies will drop them, and you can leave your sign to be summoned without having to use an ember. Also if you get summoned and kill the boss you become kindled.

Damn been trying to get a single vertebra shackle to trade with the birdies. Keep getting summon into about 4-5 fight clubs. They were fun but I just want a single vertebra shackle!

LiK

The
red eyed skeletons in Catacombs
will drop Embers. I would know since I got a shitload from farming them for Shackles.

Damn been trying to get a single vertebra shackle to trade with the birdies. Keep getting summon into about 4-5 fight clubs. They were fun but I just want a single vertebra shackle!

Hodrick red phantom drops one if you kill him or farm them in spoiler.

Astral

I hear people are having a lot of fun with low level PvP. Doesn't that feel so incomplete? Unless you're a badass, your weapons won't even be fully upgraded. Even then they won't be at their full potential in terms of scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom