• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Skee

Dex weapons are strong but kinda boring imho. The Estoc especially. it wrecks in the beginning but I can't stand the move set anymore. What is everyone enjoying? I need some suggestions.

I still haven't found one that I'm in love with. Been using the Rotten Ghru Curved Sword since I got it, but it's way too short & kind of ugly. Does decent damage though.

Katanas are actually good. My dex weapons are grave warden twinblades, washing pole and onikiri. Astora greatsword if you want a dex-scaling ultra greatsword. Exile Greatsword is really good too.

Been looking for a good twin weapon & greatsword. Will try those out.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I am so sick of seeing estocs and rapiers in PVP.
They are so hard to dodge.

You dont like a poke contest?
tumblr_n89zt8Jy7R1tt96hyo1_500.gif

mxgt

Banned
Dex weapons are strong but kinda boring imho. The Estoc especially. it wrecks in the beginning but I can't stand the move set anymore. What is everyone enjoying? I need some suggestions.

I've had the most fun with Twinblade weapons so far

Randam

Estoc is a quality weapon. ;)

But it is a pretty good weapon.
Very fast.
Faster than Katanas.

Tonyus

Is summoning broken or is it just me? I tried to summon help outside N
ameless
K
ing
and kept getting "unable to summon"

I'm on PS4. Haven't had any issues summoning anywhere else. Is the area bugged?

Moundmakers is easy to get by pvp (and fun!) Just invade in areas where there are enemies to hide behind if the host has a party of gankers.

"Kill the host or three phantoms" ok game sure.

If there are three phantoms, that means the host used a finger, which need you will get another invader as backup

LiK

Moundmakers is easy to get by pvp (and fun!) Just invade in areas where there are enemies to hide behind if the host has a party of gankers.

If there are three phantoms, that means the host used a finger, which need you will get another invader as backup

Doesn't work that well especially if you're higher level like me. Phantoms are super strong and sometimes the host will be a dick and use a seed even if it's 3v1. Real waste of time, imo. Messed around for a few hours but ended up just farming again. Basically got half from farming and half from PVP. Mound-Makers would be more fun if it was the Way of Blue version for invaders where you can easily team up to invade like coop. The red invaders could still do their own thing.

Sephzilla

I am so sick of seeing estocs and rapiers in PVP.
They are so hard to dodge.

Be like me, put on some really good armor and then swing a greatsword at those bastards. I don't have too much issue with them anymore because they don't know what to do after you punch them in the mouth.

LiK

Be like me, put on some really good armor and then swing a greatsword at those bastards. I don't have too much issue with them anymore because they don't know what to do after you punch them in the mouth.

What armor do you use? I wanna play PVP just to fuck up phantoms.

Tingle

Seeing how poise works (or rather, how it doesn't work) in this game, a lot of weapons can't reliably tank the estoc attacks. And the attacks come out so quickly that they are bound to hit you once your i-frames wear off anyway. Its a bit difficult to even approach them.

Minamu

So what truly determines who you can play with? I've heard conflicting info regarding soul levels and then weapon levels as well. What gives? :)

Blinck

Not sure if I'm over-leveled or something (I didn't grind or anything but never lost many souls to a death) but man,
Abyss Watchers
was so easy it ended up being underwhelming.
I thought the first phase was supposed to be easy on purpose and when the second phase was on I thought "now shit is gonna get real", but honestly it was super easy
Is this the case for the majority or was just a bit of luck and maybe overlevel on my part ?!

Doesn't work that well especially if you're higher level like me. Phantoms are super strong and sometimes the host will be a dick and use a seed even if it's 3v1. Real waste of time, imo. Messed around for a few hours but ended up just farming again. Basically got half from farming and half from PVP. Mound-Makers would be more fun if it was the Way of Blue version for invaders where you can easily team up to invade like coop. The red invaders could still do their own thing.

Well, I haven't really tried it late-game. I'm exploring The Cathedral of the Deep and done a bit of exploring in the Farron Keep, but already have maxed the mound-makers and gotten pretty far towards maxing the tounges just by invading a lot. And once I max those covenants I'm gonna do a lot more just because it's so fun. Basically, if I only have an hour or so to play, I prefer doing random invasions for fun rather than continue on with the game. Probably spent more time in pvp than pve.

But yeah, if you don't really like the pvp, doing it for the trophies only will probably suck. I don't care about the trophies and just do it for fun. Will probably never bother maxing the watchdogs and blue-bro covenants because they don't feel that fun for me. Why would I spend so much time doing something I don't really enjoy (farming mobs for covenant items because it seems really hard to get summoned to do those covenants the intended way) for some lousy trophies?

gaugebozo

The only time I've ever taken damage in that fight is something I still don't understand, and I've killed him 3 times.

Some kind of aoe health drain thing, I think. I'm like waylaying on his arms and suddenly my health starts going down. I just shrug and estus through it until it stops then start waylaying on him again.
That's his gas attack, right? I died to him about ten times because of it. It also happens if you go too far behind him. He does it when he raises up and you have to run back up the ramp really far to avoid it. I finally figured out its basically a race: he stuns when you destroy a band.

Novocaine

No, not at all. I'm just saying I have to reroll my character really quick in order to summon you. So add me or get a party chat going (SDR-UK) and we can discuss where I can summon and whatever, if you're available.

Edit: Should clarify PS4.

Thanks so much you're a legend. No more fucking Mound Makers ever.

Sullichin

Parry them. You can definitely parry the L2 art.

I use Black Knight Greataxe or Murakumo, usually two handed. I can parry but my playstyle is usually dodging. Or expecting to tank an attack so I can follow up with another.

NEO0MJ

I was wondering
do I hit a point of no return if I put in all the Lords' Cinders? Anything I won't be able to do anymore if I put the last one?

Sullichin

I can play against NG people in NG+ right?
Want to go into NG+ to get more slabs and the estoc I missed first time around (never rescued Gerialt) . But want to still red soapstone PVP.

I think the Dark Sword ruined all other weapons for me. At least partially. That thing is just too good.

Yeah, it's pretty silly.

I think my only complaint about dark souls 3 is that I can't find any combination of cool weapons that are actually good...I really just am not interested in straight swords and they outclass everything.

So what up about infusing weapons? Some seem to lose my STR/DEX bonus. People still use infusion for late game?

Some make you lose your scaling bonus, some improve it.

People definitely use the scaling bonus infusions at end game, particularly heavy for high STR weapons, sharp for high dex, and refined for weapons that scale well with both

Sullichin

Honestly I haven't seen a single person who doesn't heal

Summon people with red sign, and chug your estus in front of them
Area after Pontif and the last area of the game, really no one is healing in these 1V1s. It happens every so often but i'm mostly just getting straight duels.

test_account

XP-39C²
Honestly I haven't seen a single person who doesn't heal
I've done maybe 50 PVPs or so and the majority havnt healed. It makes the match uneven, especially when they heal and then go straight into attacking, then you basically dont have a chance to heal as well.

EDIT: Thats for 1vs1 PVP. I dont mind if people heal when theres like 2VS2, or especially not when its 1 vs 2 or 3.

Some host thought he was being clever when he used my red sign soapstone in the Dragon Barracks and tried to gank me with 2 phantoms. Then he used the seed of a tree of giants when I went and hid next to enemies.

So I lured the big fat guy with two axes and he killed both phantoms. The host disconnecting after that was icing on the cake.

Some host thought he was being clever when he used my red sign soapstone in the Dragon Barracks and tried to gank me with 2 phantoms. Then he used the seed of a tree of giants when I went and hid next to enemies.

So I lured the big fat guy with two axes and he killed both phantoms. The host disconnecting after that was icing on the cake.

Fucking scrub. In 2 there was a system that shut you off from summoning if you disconnect a lot. I hope there is something similar here.

Why do you people do this to yourselves? Trophies?

Some people also want the items from covenants.

In DSII, at least you could get covenant items from NG+++.
Cause there was no way I was getting some of those spells by grinding it out.

Fucking scrub. In 2 there was a system that shut you off from summoning if you disconnect a lot. I hope there is something similar here.

There is.

Jolkien

Sweet I just beaten N
ameless King
in 7 tries. Almost had him on my first go. I should be able to finish the game tomorrow, assuming the final boss isn't too hard.

test_account

XP-39C²
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom