• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

sappyday

Is the online really broken cause of the patch? Please tell me no, I only need 3 more items for the mound makers covenant in order to get rank 2.

I be confused.

So I killed Aldrich in Anor Londo and now I'm not sure where to go. I went through the Irithill Dungeon and Profane Capital and there doesn't seem to be much there. Neither area had bosses that I have found so far. Are they optional? Where do I go for the mainline story? Back to the highwall area?

Profane Capital
has a mandatory boss. Look for a ladder leading down near the bonfire

Toxi

Banned
Man, fuck the Cathedral of the Deep.

There are so many goddamn enemies in this area. It's ridiculous. Running through quickly is out of the question with how little space there is; I'll just get dogpiled. Even when I go in slowly taking them out one or two at a time, it takes forever because there are always a dozen more where those came from.

And it's not like there is some interesting gimmick to go along with the enemies. I'm just walking across boring roofs fighting endless hordes of Thralls and hollows.

Cathedral is now a nightmare with this framerate.
Thank God I haven't downloaded the patch then.

Demoskinos

Does weapon durability do anything at all?

Every time I visit the giant. Nothing happens.... Like he can't repair anything.

If weapons break they take a huge huge stat penalty thing is though every time you sit at a bonfire your weapons repair so durability really isn't a huge issue with how its implemented in this game.

MilkBeard

Does weapon durability do anything at all?

Every time I visit the giant. Nothing happens.... Like he can't repair anything.

The place where weapon durability comes in to play is with some of the weaker dex weapons. Also, when you die and and restart at the bonfire, it doesn't automatically fill your durability gauge. I've gone at risk a few times with a Katana because I restarted without actually sitting at a bonfire a few times.

ThisOne

If weapons break they take a huge huge stat penalty thing is though every time you sit at a bonfire your weapons repair so durability really isn't a huge issue with how its implemented in this game.

What's the point of the blacksmith even repairing weapons then since, in order to get to him, you have to sit at a bonfire and warp back to Firelink Shrine? Seems like a weird mechanic. They should just do away with it completely.

K' Dash

I be confused.

So I killed Aldrich in Anor Londo and now I'm not sure where to go. I went through the Irithill Dungeon and Profane Capital and there doesn't seem to be much there. Neither area had bosses that I have found so far. Are they optional? Where do I go for the mainline story? Back to the highwall area?

Go explore the profaned capital.

Zocano

If I didn't know better, just had a guy clearly just try to disconnect on me. Was running away from me (and another invader) and avoiding us. And suddenly about face and stopped 100%. No movement. If that was what they were trying to do, too late. We got the final blow in and killed them at just the nick of time.

Been having a lot of people disconnect lately..

I had a really great ragequit a few days ago. Was farming mound-maker marks and ran into one dude that was the most annoying little shit to fight. Chugged estus and just ran around parry baiting. Couldn't get a kill on him easily because I was using Astora Greatsword and had a hard time closing the kill since he'd just run back and heal. This went on for quite a bit of time until I got a parry off. I keep the hornet ring on for cases like this and just one-shot him from full health to zero. Very satisfying.

I got summoned by him not too longer after and he had switched up weapons a little but still played the same fishing rat game that was just frustrating and annoying.

Then I got a parry off again. Started the riposte animation. Disconnect.

Laughed my ass off quite a bit and it was worth all the salt I got to take with me.

MG310

I'm either getting incredibly lucky or they greatly improved the droprate for Wolf's Blood Swordgrass.

I've gotten 5 in 20 or so passes of the 3 guys near the bonfire.

Demoskinos

What's the point of the blacksmith even repairing weapons then since, in order to get to him, you have to sit at a bonfire and warp back to Firelink Shrine? Seems like a weird mechanic. They should just do away with it completely.

I'm pretty sure it only repairs stuff you have equipped so I guess it might be if you had broken stuff that you didn't have equipped which yes...that situation in this game seems like a very slim chance of happening.

Zocano

I'm either getting incredibly lucky or they greatly improved the droprate for Wolf's Blood Swordgrass.

I've gotten 5 in 20 or so passes of the 3 guys near the bonfire.

Think it's just luck. I got 7 or so proof of a concord kept within an hour near the end of my stupid farming of those. Was pretty refreshing.

Griss

Well, just beat it. Not the hardest final boss ever.

I have to say, I like the consistency of the Souls games' endings. Every one
is absolute garbage. I'm consistently let down by them. Oh well. I expect it now, so it doesn't ruin a phenomenal game. (Unlike Bloodborne where I was pissed.)

Definitely a GOTY contender. What a fantastic experience.

JDB

Banned
Not like weapons break anyway.

Beat the game and then found an optional zone I had missed..... Where apparently the hardest boss in the game is lurking.

Nameless King just shits all over me. Getting to second phase is easy. But I can't dodge his attacks worth a damn. The timing on his swings is so weird.

MilkBeard

Well, just beat it. Not the hardest final boss ever.

I have to say, I like the consistency of the Souls games' endings. Every one
is absolute garbage. I'm consistently let down by them. Oh well. I expect it now, so it doesn't ruin a phenomenal game. (Unlike Bloodborne where I was pissed.)

Definitely a GOTY contender. What a fantastic experience.

There's a particular ending to this game that's better than any Souls ending I've seen yet (including BB).

TP down on my continued SL1 low upgrade run! This one was infinitely easier than D
ragonslayer Armour
due to the stat enhancing rings found after said fight. I was able to use a weapon with inherent lightning damage and buff it with gold pine resin for about 3x the damage. Meaning that my damage output was at just about the same level as it was for my main run. I still die in two hits, but it's a start.

Here's a link (Endgame Spoilers):
Sorry about the fps on it, for whatever reason my settings reverted to 30 fps. And when your game is running 60 that can get a bit ugly at points.

I get really thrown off and nervous after a mistimed roll at the end, leading to about 4 more mistimed rolls and a very narrow victory, but I would say this playthrough has forced me to more or less "Get Gud".

The place where weapon durability comes in to play is with some of the weaker dex weapons. Also, when you die and and restart at the bonfire, it doesn't automatically fill your durability gauge. I've gone at risk a few times with a Katana because I restarted without actually sitting at a bonfire a few times.

I used a katana for ages. Never had to even remotely consider my durability never seen anything be at risk. Seems pointless.

MilkBeard

Yeah, after playing after the update, the game feels really unnaturally choppy even running around in the Firelink Shrine.

I'm in Crucifixion woods and it feels really, really slow. Yeah, it definitely wasn't like this before.

I wonder if they accidentally pulled the trigger too early? Or maybe there is some kind of application that the game will run when connected online. Not sure. Either way, it made the game run a whole lot worse.

Thank god I had just beat a really hard boss as the patch started downloading. This atroc framerate would have driven me nuts! I'm hoping it will be fixed by tomorrow.

Just fought the stray demon. Normally, I'd find a straight boss lift like that cheap, but...
Man, fighting that thing, it couldn't put a finger on me. I dodged all its moves with ease. And I realised, even after almost 5 years, my hands still remembered how to beat that thing.
It ended up being a powerful moment for me with this game :]

sappyday

Just fought the stray demon. Normally, I'd find a straight boss lift like that cheap, but...
Man, fighting that thing, it couldn't put a finger on me. I dodged all its moves with ease. And I realised, even after almost 5 years, my hands still remembered how to beat that thing.
It ended up being a powerful moment for me with this game :]

That's how I feel with the Black/Silver Knights. I fought them so many times in DS1 (to farm for chunks in the last area) that seeing one in this game felt like fighting a low level enemy.

The Flash

Banned
The game having more frame stutters than usual after patch for anyone else? I don't usually notice these things, but it's been fairly noticeable now for some reason.

Do NOT download the latest ps4 patch (1.04). The framerate is awful and online no longer works.

Wow, the frame rate is dropping like crazy on the PS4 after the update. Can't get online either.

This frame rate is a mess after PS4 patch. Wtf??

Dark Souls III Blighttown edition on the PS4 now lol

Wow this patch is baaaaaaad

> can't sleep
> checks DS GAF
> heart rate accelerates
> turns on PS4
> *new file downloading*
>
166466-mutombo-not-in-my-house-cereal-pSsI.gif

That's how I feel with the Black/Silver Knights. I fought them so many times in DS1 (to farm for chunks in the last area) that seeing one in this game felt like fighting a low level enemy.

Don't get that as much. I don't use a shield in these games anymore, so now those guys scare the fuck out of me lol.

Zocano

There's a particular ending to this game that's better than any Souls ending I've seen yet (including BB).

I assume you mean
End of Fire, yah I can see it being better than the others. It has the most "finality" to it than any other ending in the series where the rest just feel like there are just more questions and obscurity for the sake of obscurity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom