• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

These people need to play offline.

Speaking of pvp, would I be an asshole for fighting with disrespect? Most people stick with greeting and not healing, but most times I wish they didn't bother. In fact, I prefer the people who run right at me as soon as I land. I'm going to start grinding the covenant items soon and will likely ditch the etiquette for a while.

Are you talking about red summon duels or invasions?

For invasions, anything goes. Nothing is too cheap, and nothing is too evil. Have at it!

Still quite disappointed with the squandered potential of the Abyss Watchers.

Could have been split into separate fights throughout the game, a 2v1, etc (unless there are lore implications preventing this that I'm not aware of).

Justice was not done to their reveal in the launch trailer.

Lorcain

I used the dark sword for most of my first playthrough, and as many have already said, it's a beast for a straight sword. I was playing a balanced build and used a refined infusion. I wasn't wild about the animation for the R2 attack though. Kind of a goofy looking spin move.

For my 2nd playthrough I've been really enjoying the Red Hilted Halbred. It has a quick thrust attack with good reach, and a good horizontal (1 handed R2) slash. The 2 handed spin slash is good too. But the best part of the weapon is the L2 weapon skill Perseverance that grants hyper armor. I can use it right before an attack to setup a combo attack, or string a combo longer.

Astral

Ok so I'm about to beat the game. I understand there are 4 endings. One I'm locked out of because I didn't do
Yuria's
quest. I can still get the other three, two of which require I give
the eyes to the firekeeper
. So which ending should I go for? Preferably one that doesn't suck.

Bossun

Why are people taking potions in a duel, this is so annoying. Half the duels I got since two days ago where with players taking potions.

It doesn't help them, I won 100% of those fights. If you take a potion and you are not way far from me, you're just gonna get combo'd and die. Don't they realize it's a very long animation that let you open to attacks?

The Flash

Banned
Darkmoon/Blue Sentinels follow by Watchdogs.

Ugh. Not looking forward to any of those.

Why are people taking potions in a duel, this is so annoying. Half the duels I got since two days ago where with players taking potions.

It doesn't help them, I won 100% of those fights. If you take a potion and you are not way far from me, you're just gonna get combo'd and die. Don't they realize it's a very long animation that let you open to attacks?

Noobs, man. So many noobs.

kagamin

Yo... It's actually really fast in this game.

MilkBeard

It clears up when you beat the boss! :DD

I watched this video after starting the game and helped me a ton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm4IOCkc5n0

More pvp-related, but it all applies to most mobs and even bosses.

Ideally, with these mechanics, they make for great PvP. However, the netcode/lag seems to kill these intricate methods.

I do hope that they improve upon the netcode in a patch. It really is doing this game a disservice.

Sarcasm

So....

Long Sword +2 to +3 or Battle Axe Fire +2 to +3?

or deep battle all the way to +3?

NPC quests ugh!

Chick says something about tome so looking it up without too much spoilerage and turns out I can give it to someone else (who I don't know)..who do I give and whyyyy

GulAtiCa

Watchdogs should be pretty easy if you have Symbol of Avarice and at least the basic Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. With both, you can have 250 (more if you use the silver/gold coins) and use it on the Keep Ruins bonfire. I've casually be doing it, and got like 10 already.

I also say that outside of the sunbro cov, aldrich faithful is def the easiest to 100%

Yo... It's actually really fast in this game.

Yeah.. So, unless I'm right next to them, I usually can't stop them.

I made it through the whole game without summoning, but the last boss made me break that streak. is summoning for him pretty common or am i chump?

MilkBeard

Of course, my experience is different. Darkmoon has by far been the easiest. Mound Makers has been the hardest for me, because the ganking ensures that it will be very difficult to kill the host.

I have ranked up the most Proof of Concords Kept, sometimes getting 2-3 per summon.

Watchdogs should be pretty easy if you have Symbol of Avarice and at least the basic Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. With both, you can have 250 (more if you use the silver/gold coins) and use it on the Keep Ruins bonfire. I've casually be doing it, and got like 10 already.

I also say that outside of the sunbro cov, aldrich faithful is def the easiest to 100%

Yeah, I would say actually that Aldritch faithful is the easiest, because at pretty much any level range you are guaranteed summons. Still, in the late game I have been getting plentiful Blademoon summons on PS4, as stated above.

kagamin

Faster than before maybe, still very long though, enough to take a hit from someone that even seems out of reach.

Honestly I find it impossible to punish estus, even when I see them try to take it unless I can start my attack animation before they start their heal animation I can't prevent the heal.

Of course, my experience is different. Darkmoon has by far been the easiest. Mound Makers has been the hardest for me, because the ganking ensures that it will be very difficult to kill the host.

I have ranked up the most Proof of Concords Kept, sometimes getting 2-3 per summon.

Mound Makers are easy. Just set up a red soapstone sign right outside the P
ontiff
fight and get summoned endlessly.

How in the world are you even being summoned for Darkmoon though? I wore the thing for 2 days straight and only got summoned 3 times, twice it told me the person had been killed as I zoned in and sent me back without a reward. Did you stay really low level for it or something? I figure that is the way to go with it, but I'm long past that point.

MilkBeard

Honestly I find it impossible to punish estus, even when I see them try to take it unless I can start my attack animation before they start their heal animation I can't prevent the heal.

I can usually get one hit in but it's not enough to stop them and they just roll away.

I don't even bother trying to chase them down. Maybe with the bigger hitting weapons it's worth it, but with the Wolf Greatsword, even fully upgraded, it takes more then a few hits to kill someone.

MilkBeard

Mound Makers are easy. Just set up a red soapstone sign right outside the P
ontiff
fight and get summoned endlessly.

How in the world are you even being summoned for Darkmoon though? I wore the thing for 2 days straight and only got summoned 3 times, twice it told me the person had been killed as I zoned in and sent me back without a reward? Did you stay really low level for it or something? I figure that is the way to go with it, but I'm long past that point.

I don't like dueling so I never use the red soapstone. I use the Red Eye Orb. I guess that's just my unwillingness to duel.

About Darkmoon: I just get summoned. From level 70 till my current level (105) I get summoned pretty easily. Seems like at the lower level it wouldn't happen all the time but I would sometimes get pockets of back to back summons.

My last play session I was fooling around in Grand Archives trying to get the Titanite Slab and playing around with fighting the Gargoyles. I kept getting summoned actually, and it was annoying because their health would reset when I came back.

If you are on PS4 and you have cross-region play enabled, you should be able to get summoned in the late game. Not sure about other platforms. I wish more people could do it because some of these brawls that I've encountered have been amazing.

Pretty sure I've racked up over 70 Concords Kept by now.

Veldin

The PvP in this game, like Bloodborne, is pretty much garbage and it's shameful that FromSoft still can't get it right. The weapon types are completely imbalanced, ganking is encouraged to the max, spells are mostly useless, R1 spam is king. God is dead and nothing matters.

Yeah I feel like watchdog would be the next hardest. If anything but the drop rates from PvE isn't that terrible overall.

Yeah, I would say actually that Aldritch faithful is the easiest, because at pretty much any level range you are guaranteed summons. Still, in the late game I have been getting plentiful Blademoon summons on PS4, as stated above.
never gotten summon by either darkmoon/blue sentinels or watchdogs :( besides once or twice.

psychotron

So after killing
Dancer
I said fuck it and decided to try
Lothric Castle. The Bloodborne bell ringers are back, lol. I hunted them first. Then I ran between the dragons, taking fire damage, but I made it. Before I knew it the dragons were dead and I was at the fog gate. Holy fuck Dragonslayer Armour was the toughest boss yet, but I beat him.

MilkBeard

Yeah I feel like watchdog would be the next hardest. If anything but the drop rates from PvE isn't that terrible overall.
never gotten summon by either darkmoon/blue sentinels or watchdogs :( besides once or twice.

What system are you using, and what country do you live in? Unless there is some weird issue where latency/distance from NB's servers will cause other people to get summoned before you, hence never allowing you to be summoned, if you meet the requirements I listed you should be able to get summoned. Instead of doing the shitty drop grind for Blademoon, it might be better if you put the badge on and go to some late game areas and fool around until you get summoned, making sure that your emblem is flashing.

From Weapon upgrade +8 to +10, and from level 70-105 I've been getting plentiful summons. I played around with different areas but I'm not sure how much it helps. Although, I got the most summons standing in Lothric Castle/Grand Archives.

I don't like dueling so I never use the red soapstone. I use the Red Eye Orb. I guess that's just my unwillingness to duel.

About Darkmoon: I just get summoned. From level 70 till my current level (105) I get summoned pretty easily. Seems like at the lower level it wouldn't happen all the time but I would sometimes get pockets of back to back summons.

My last play session I was fooling around in Grand Archives trying to get the Titanite Slab and playing around with fighting the Gargoyles. I kept getting summoned actually, and it was annoying because their health would reset when I came back.

If you are on PS4 and you have cross-region play enabled, you should be able to get summoned in the late game. Not sure about other platforms. I wish more people could do it because some of these brawls that I've encountered have been amazing.

Pretty sure I've racked up over 70 Concords Kept by now.

I'm at the top end of that range, but last time I tried darkmoon I wasn't. Will go and try now. Was actually avoiding the game so far today because I didn't want to go farm the mobs that drop the stuff.

What's wrong with dueling? Red eye is fine, but people have to actually leave there bosses alive for it to work. Yeah you can get some easy kills from people trying to work their way through the area and those are fun, but it can take more time and you can wind up with more gank squads then using the soapstone.

BizzyBum

Just beat it at about 60 hours.

Only two bosses I summoned sunbros for were
Nameless King and Lothric. NK was easily the hardest boss in the game and I probably could have beaten Lothric by myself but I wanted to beat it asap. lol

What system are you using, and what country do you live in? Unless there is some weird issue where latency/distance from NB's servers will cause other people to get summoned before you, hence never allowing you to be summoned, if you meet the requirements I listed you should be able to get summoned. Instead of doing the shitty drop grind for Blademoon, it might be better if you put the badge on and go to some late game areas and fool around until you get summoned, making sure that your emblem is flashing.

From Weapon upgrade +8 to +10, and from level 70-105 I've been getting plentiful summons. I played around with different areas but I'm not sure how much it helps. Although, I got the most summons standing in Lothric Castle/Grand Archives.

PS4 in USA. Yeah whenever I put the badge on, it flashes and the upper right icon flashes as well. I have cross region play enable and non restricted summon signs.

Demoskinos

Is this the real patch or the 1.03-1.04 patch?

If it's the real 1.04 then that's sweet, can't wait to go home and try it out.

Actual patch.

ChA_WVCUoAAyYsB.jpg

I'm sitting in the grand archives and have been for 5 minutes unable to get a summon at level 70 with a +8 weapon on PC. I'm inclined to say something is prioritizing certain players over others.

MilkBeard

I'm sitting in the grand archives and have been for 5 minutes unable to get a summon at level 70 with a +8 weapon on PC. I'm inclined to say something is prioritizing certain players over others.

Sometimes it takes longer than 5 minutes to get the first summon. It will vary from time to time. Sometimes wait 10 minutes, sometimes 1 minute, sometimes somewhere longer. Try invading first to make sure everything is working. One time I was getting failed to connect problems and then I wouldn't get anything, so I tried to invade to make sure the connection was working. Logging out and back in solved it.

But yeah, there could be some latency problem causing some people to not get summoned. But it's worth trying to find out. Spend some time fooling around there and see if you get summoned in a 20 minute span. Even leave the game running and do something else while waiting if possible.

I've read elsewhere that that might be the case. Some people report getting summoned back to back a bunch while others in the same range get nothing.

burgerdog

I had a guy pop like 10 potions and then ran to summon a phantom for help. I wish I could've seen the look on his face when I still managed to kill him. I looooooveeee it when they summon weak phantoms that die in two hits because they give me Estus back.

So D
ragon Slayer Armor
might be the most fun I've had in jolly cooperation when host isn't an idiot and gets killed by an easy to dodge combo/attack. If it's two of us it's a good 'take the aggro' help each other so he gives the back to another.

If more than 2 people it's even better as then it's REALLY a game of hot potatoe with him, and it's fantastic and super fun.

Plus not to mention at that point everyone has the 'praise the sun' gesture so you can praise the sun so hard yo.

The game having more frame stutters than usual after patch for anyone else? I don't usually notice these things, but it's been fairly noticeable now for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom