• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get'sMad

performance doesn't really feel any different to me post patch PS4 online....again though I never attempted to play it after downloading the patch offline when no one could log into the servers.

MilkBeard

performance doesn't really feel any different to me post patch PS4 online....again though I never attempted to play it after downloading the patch offline when no one could log into the servers.

I feel like downloading the patch before the servers were on, the performance was downright terrible at times, then after logging on, there must have been some kind of patch finalization, because it feels normal now.

Before it seemed like there were really noticeable frame stutters, talking nearly an entire second pauses with hectic areas. They are gone now.

Demoskinos

I feel like downloading the patch before the servers were on, the performance was downright terrible at times, then after logging on, there must have been some kind of patch finalization, because it feels normal now.

Before it seemed like there were really noticeable frame stutters, talking nearly an entire second pauses with hectic areas. They are gone now.

Yeah, I think it had something to do with the servers not being online now that I'm online things have smoothed out.

BeeDog

Anyone feel like Old King Doran is still the hardest boss in the franchise?

Nah, you still have shitheels like Manus, Fume Knight, Orphan of Kos(!!!), O&S etc. I feel like the bosses in Demon's Souls have been surpassed ten times over difficulty-wise. Aren't you also thinking of King Allant? Doran is just an NPC.

Astral

Just beat the game. Best final boss in the trilogy by a long shot. Now idk if I should go into NG+ or try another build with another character.

J-Skee

Has anyone been experiencing worse than usual FPS dips on PS4? It was never this bad on my first playthrough and now it's borderline unplayable in some places.

I personally haven't noticed anything. Just as smooth since day one.

I'm Free!

How'd you get all three endings in a day like like that? I thought you had to do NG+ & NG++ & couldn't backup saves to achieve the Platinum like in Bloodborne.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
OMG. What have they done to this game?!?!!! I am literally playing in slow motion right now. I recorded some vids. will upload them tomorrow morning. wow. i have never played anything like this.

Wait, Just Cause 3 can get like this during explosions.

The funny thing is that i thought DS3 ran better than bloodborne most of the time.

MilkBeard

OMG. What have they done to this game?!?!!! I am literally playing in slow motion right now. I recorded some vids. will upload them tomorrow morning. wow. i have never played anything like this.

Wait, Just Cause 3 can get like this during explosions.

The funny thing is that i thought DS3 ran better than bloodborne most of the time.

Just log online in the game, it should fix the problem.

Decided to progress to
Catacombs of Carthus
it was in fucken bullet time mode for most of the area and the boss fight. I really hope they fix this soon.

MilkBeard

Lol, just had this weird glitch in a co op where D.A. was glitching back and forth between two different places several times in a row. Weird

On the same boat but farming for covenant items...

took me freaking 2 hrs with 428 Item discovery to get 8 wolf blood sword grass... only 22 to go

idk why but farming isn't fun in dks3 but dks1 it was fun...

Wow, where are you doing it at? I just farmed out over 20 in under 2 hours and I only had a max of 35X item discovery. I did it at Keep Ruins I believe. Was able to get 3-4 sets of 3 killed in the time it took me to need to use another coin.

In other news, 20 minutes of running around Archives with no Darkmoon summon. I had hope and that is wrong. :c

Demoskinos

I personally haven't noticed anything. Just as smooth since day one.

How'd you get all three endings in a day like like that? I thought you had to do NG+ & NG++ & couldn't backup saves to achieve the Platinum like in Bloodborne.

I got to the game right before the end boss and then uploaded my save to the PS+ Cloud then did the first ending downloaded my save re-did the boss and then did the "secret" ending. Then since I had to play through the game 2 more times I just blazed through the game again and got the 3rd ending.

My last two times through the game were just basically cleanup runs for the +1 and +2 rings so a lot of things could be ignored. And I got comfortable enough with the levels by the end that I was basically running straight to the bosses and ignoring all the fodder enemies.

Big shout out to you for helping me on NK++ :)

For those who watched that TP fight I put up, here's a better quality version:

Beat CG as well! Gonna put that up in a bit if anyone's interested.

Man he was easier than I thought. I got sloppy in the middle there, but still I remember him being harder on my leveled character.

N° 2048

Getting rekt by Wolnir, going to sleep (2am!) then try again after some weed and coffee in the morning. Got him to about 1/4 health with a co-op partner.

mujun

Nah, you still have shitheels like Manus, Fume Knight, Orphan of Kos(!!!), O&S etc. I feel like the bosses in Demon's Souls have been surpassed ten times over difficulty-wise. Aren't you also thinking of King Allant? Doran is just an NPC.

You fight Doran to get his rad armor and ring. Maybe a sword too, memory is shaky.

MilkBeard

Do I tell Anri of the smouldering lake if I'm going for path B?

Kill Horace first and tell her, or tell her first but make sure to kill Horace before Wolnir or it's over for that questline. I'm talking about the complex questline, not sure what you mean by path B.

burgerdog

Kill Horace first and tell her, or tell her first but make sure to kill Horace before Wolnir or it's over for that questline. I'm talking about the complex questline, not sure what you mean by path B.

Yea I believe we are talking about the same quest. Cool, thanks for the heads up. I backed up my save just in case

Demoskinos

Why did Pontiff give people so much trouble?

I just went in with 5 estus expecting to get wrecked and ended up beating him first try.

Depends on a lot really people's builds and how quickly they adapt to the attack patterns matter a lot. There are some bosses that can be entirely trivialized by using magic or ranged.

How close to the end of the game is
Anor Londo
?

I'm pretty close to giving up, the enemies in this area can kill me in two hits. I've used summons on the last two bosses after dying a ton of times. I really like the game, but I'm just not in the mood right now. When I was making steady progress I was loving it but I've played a ton of both Bloodborne and DS2 in the past year, and now that things are getting tougher I'm get tired of it really quick.

It's hard to tell how far I am, if there's like one more zone after this or something maybe I'll stick to it, but I'm really close to calling it quits and trying the game again later on when I'm not as burnt out on the series.

I don't think you want to tell her about it no matter the path.

It's fine if you kill him before telling her. Source: me, I did it that way and took the quest to the
her summoning me for boss fight
ending.

In other news, think I'll give up on darkmoon again. Just been running around killing stuff since servers went back up and nothing. :c

Anor Londo
?

I'm pretty close to giving up, the enemies in this area can kill me in two hits. I've used summons on the last two bosses after dying a ton of times. I really like the game, but I'm just not in the mood right now. When I was making steady progress I was loving it but I've played a ton of both Bloodborne and DS2 in the past year, and now that things are getting tougher I'm get tired of it really quick.

It's hard to tell how far I am, if there's like one more zone after this or something maybe I'll stick to it, but I'm really close to calling it quits and trying the game again later on when I'm not as burnt out on the series.

Sorry chum. You are
a little over half way done with the game, or more if you have did the profaned capital before Anor Londo. :c

Anor Londo
?

You are about 80% in not counting optional stuff. You can do it!

MilkBeard

Anor Londo
?

The S.K.'s hit like trucks, but you can easily backstab them. In fact, I'd say they are among the easiest to backstab, as long as you find the right moments. Once you get that down you will sail through the area.

If you aren't a mage, and are getting smashed by the regular enemies, the boss is going to give you hell. Just summon some help and spam it as quickly as you can and the boss will go down. The more you wait, the harder it gets.

Banzai

What are Blue Sentinel/BoD level range and location hot spots? Are there any?

Anyway, I'm playing my Sorcery build and having a lot of fun with it. Who said magic is weak in this game? I'm only up to Cathedral of the Deep so maybe the real tough parts are yet to come.

To other magic players: Which weapon did you infuse with a crystal gem? Recommendations? I'm using the crystal long sword +3 for now and it's fine, but maybe there are better options. Love how it rips through peoples shields, I'm winning 4/5 Watchdog invasions.

The S.K.'s hit like trucks, but you can easily backstab them. In fact, I'd say they are among the easiest to backstab, as long as you find the right moments. Once you get that down you will sail through the area.

If you aren't a mage, and are getting smashed by the regular enemies, the boss is going to give you hell. Just summon some help and spam it as quickly as you can and the boss will go down. The more you wait, the harder it gets.

Yeah, I've been doing that, but it gets hard if there's more than one. The boss of the area just wiped the floor with me three times in a row as well. I guess I could summon someone but I really don't like doing that. I've already summoned help for a couple other bosses I got really frustrated on and it feels like cheating, they went from very challenging to total catwalk.

Maybe I'm just not remembering right but I don't recall DS1 being this demanding. There's a LOT of enemies and bosses that can kill me in a hit or two. Maybe I fucked up my character, I have about 15 Vigor, or whatever the HP stat is. But it just gets really, really frustrating. I don't mind the game being challenging. DS1 is one of my favorite games. But let me learn. There's no reason so many enemies need to deal that much damage. I have two boss fights I can do right now, one can one-hit with one move and the other can leave with the slightest sliver of health. Being punished for letting a telegraphed move connect is fine, but when I only get one shot at it it really isn't fun.

rafaelr

after really enjoying bloodborne this is my first souls game, but i´m kinda overwhelmed by the weapons/shields/levelling choices.
i started a warrior and i´m at lvl 28 with 23str/14dex and i´m switching between an irithyll sword/battleaxe + lothric shield and the claymore.
should i level vit to be able to equip a weapon in slot2 without going over the heavy threshold, or are those points better inversted somewhere else?

i´m at ro
ad of sacrifices
now and i´m just not sure what weapons to level how far (i have axe+1, shield+1 and only have about 10 shards atm). or just wait till i find something better?

Anor Londo
?

Don't give up! You can just run past all of the
silver knights
if need be. You're about 60% done.

after really enjoying bloodborne this is my first souls game, but i´m kinda overwhelmed by the weapons/shields/levelling choices.
i started a warrior and i´m at lvl 28 with 23str/14dex and i´m switching between an irithyll sword/battleaxe + lothric shield and the claymore.
should i level vit to be able to equip a weapon in slot2 without going over the heavy threshold, or are those points better inversted somewhere else?

i´m at ro
ad of sacrifices
now and i´m just not sure what weapons to level how far (i have axe+1, shield+1 and only have about 10 shards atm). or just wait till i find something better?

Just use whatever you like. Level whatever you like, Titanite Shards become really common later in the game so you're not going to screw yourself over by using them on the wrong stuff.

There's not really any point to equipping another weapon in slot 2. If you really need to switch just do it in the menu real quick, I can't think of any time it would be worth the added weight to have an additional sword or axe or whatever in slot 2. Usually you want a casting weapon or bow.

Still getting instantly summoned outside of PS at lvl 122 for fight clubs. Think I'm gonna stop at 125. Was going to stop at 120, but needed those extra levels for my build.

Man Yhorm's Great Machete wrecks shit in PvP.

Maybe I'm just not remembering right but I don't recall DS1 being this demanding. There's a LOT of enemies and bosses that can kill me in a hit or two. Maybe I fucked up my character, I have about 15 Vigor, or whatever the HP stat is. But it just gets really, really frustrating. I don't mind the game being challenging. DS1 is one of my favorite games. But let me learn. There's no reason so many enemies need to deal that much damage. I have two boss fights I can do right now, one can one-hit with one move and the other can leave with the slightest sliver of health. Being punished for letting a telegraphed move connect is fine, but when I only get one shot at it it really isn't fun.

Where r u now? 15 VIG is too low for anything after the first 2-3 areas...

So I'm getting summoned for help and killing the invader and not being given concords. Fantastic, it has happened about 5 times now.

Yeah that happened to me yesterday too. And I'm one of the ones whose covenants are bugged. That was my second way of the blue / darkmoon summons in like ~ 50 hours of leaving the covenants equipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom