• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

So D
ragon Slayer Armor
might be the most fun I've had in jolly cooperation when host isn't an idiot and gets killed by an easy to dodge combo/attack. If it's two of us it's a good 'take the aggro' help each other so he gives the back to another.

If more than 2 people it's even better as then it's REALLY a game of hot potatoe with him, and it's fantastic and super fun.

Plus not to mention at that point everyone has the 'praise the sun' gesture so you can praise the sun so hard yo.
It's the best boss to co op in the game, in my opinion. Summoning more people doesn't make the boss a joke, he seems to be quite a tank. Hosts usually die before it's over, though.

Holy shit. Just defeated
Nameless King
on my first try on my sorcerer character. I have yet to beat him on my melee character and he's like 20 levels higher than my sorcerer lol!

It's the best boss to co op in the game, in my opinion. Summoning more people doesn't make the boss a joke, he seems to be quite a tank. Hosts usually die before it's over, though.

i was like 1 hit away from beating him in 1v1 on the second try, but then I decided that hey why not do it on co op, didn't have any real cheap tricks like other bosses so it should be fairly fun. And the co op partner I got was amazing with me, we were dancing around this fucker haha what a difference when you have 1 more person, so easy to not get hit.

Demoskinos

The game having more frame stutters than usual after patch for anyone else? I don't usually notice these things, but it's been fairly noticeable now for some reason.

Yeah, its bad like REAL bad. The frame rate just took a massive hit. I'm in the last major area of the game and its noticeably chugging.

Carl7

I got 3 different endings for siegward questline lol.

If you allow him to die during the fight against yhorm his last words will be: I failed again, like in everything in my life.( I was devastated)

If he survives the fight taking too much damage he will walk to throne and die soon after.

If he takes little or no damage at all he will just drink siegbrau and take a nap.

Zocano

I got 3 different endings for siegward questline lol.

If you allow him to die during the fight against yhorm his last words will be: I failed again, like in everything in my life.( I was devastated)

If he survives the fight taking too much damage he will walk to throne and die soon after.

If he takes little or no damage at all he will just drink siegbrau and take a nap.

He seems to kill himself or die in that final bit anyway. If you walk away far enough you can see him "die" and you get 1000 souls from it.

So I made the mistake of listening to someone here and
curing the dark sigil after receiving one free level. Now Yoel's dead and Yuria never showed up
. I desperately want her armor, but I know I won't ever make it through NG+. Am I boned?

Demoskinos

Apparently the Real Dark Souls is Dark Souls itself.

I needed two more rings for the Plat trophy but ain't no way I'm beating Dr
agonslayer Armor
on NG++ with this shit frame rate. Did you not test this patch AT ALL? FFS guys.

MilkBeard

So I made the mistake of listening to someone here and
curing the dark sigil after receiving one free level. Now Yoel's dead and Yuria never showed up
. I desperately want her armor, but I know I won't ever make it through NG+. Am I boned?

Boned until a new game, unless she dropped ashes that allows you to buy the armor.

Apparently the Real Dark Souls is Dark Souls itself.

I needed two more rings for the Plat trophy but ain't no way I'm beating Dr
agonslayer Armor
on NG++ with this shit frame rate. Did you not test this patch AT ALL? FFS guys.

Framerate was already pretty bad on that fight and even leading up to it. Are you sure it wasn't like that already?

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Can't connect...anyone else having trouble?
Godammit. Between this and Hitman being fucked my whole night of gaming is shot.

RAGE

Also, still stuck on
Aldrich/Dancer
I was bouncing back and forth to not get bored but both of them keep destroying me. Everything sucks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man I feel like a scrub, ha.

I got to the bonfire
right after the big dragon wakes up and starts breathing fire, on High Wall of Lothric.
A little research says I could have (should have) killed him before getting there. Woops.

But let's talk about that knight dude with the sword and shield you run into right before said bonfire. Reading the wiki, it sounds like I should have had no issues with him (via parrying and weapon skills and such). Except that dude was eating my lunch. I think I died to him like 6 times before I cheesed him
by luring him into the fire from the dragon.

Is it safe to assume that everyone new to these games sucks like this at first? I also can't seem to get parrying down at all.

MilkBeard

I got to the bonfire
right after the big dragon wakes up and starts breathing fire, on High Wall of Lothric.
A little research says I could have (should have) killed him before getting there. Woops.

But let's talk about that knight dude with the sword and shield you run into right before said bonfire. Reading the wiki, it sounds like I should have had no issues with him (via parrying and weapon skills and such). Except that dude was eating my lunch. I think I died to him like 6 times before I cheesed him

Is it safe to assume that everyone new to these games sucks like this at first? I also can't seem to get parrying down at all.

That knight is pretty tough in the early game, so you are OK.

Styles

I am sort of in love with the GottHard Twinswords. Parts of the moveset reminds me so much of the Rakuyo, which I loved very dearly. However, it feels a lot slower, but the thrust attack deals a TON of damage.

Crap, I just realized I can't go NG+ anyway until all the DLC comes out. Can you drop items as a phantom and have the host pick it up (and vice versa)?

McBryBry

This game makes me feel so bad lol. In DS1 and Bloodborne I had parrying down like a champ. This time? Uh uh. Grass Crest isn't doing what it did for me in 1!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crap, I just realized I can't go NG+ anyway until all the DLC comes out. Can you drop items as a phantom and have the host pick it up (and vice versa)?

I gave up on that idea when I read the second dlc is only next year

I got to the bonfire

Sounds about right. The game will "click" with you eventually. I still cant get parrying down that well :p

Erban1

Damn...guess the certification process doesn't check for connectivity or stability issues. At this rate I won't be able to finish the game before Uncharted 4 comes out.

Demoskinos

Boned until a new game, unless she dropped ashes that allows you to buy the armor.

Framerate was already pretty bad on that fight and even leading up to it. Are you sure it wasn't like that already?

I mean yeah there were frame dips but this is way way worse. I've pretty much played nothing but DS3 since launch day so the difference was instantly noticeable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I will continue my adventure knowing and embracing the fact that my scrub tier play will improve!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I be confused.

So I killed Aldrich in Anor Londo and now I'm not sure where to go. I went through the Irithill Dungeon and Profane Capital and there doesn't seem to be much there. Neither area had bosses that I have found so far. Are they optional? Where do I go for the mainline story? Back to the highwall area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom