• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

w0s

Chloranthy and it's upgrades are the only ones. Ring of Favor bumps up your Stamina a bit, and you can get extra regen by using the Grasscrest Shield.
I noticed in ng+ that it doesn't get a plus 1 does that mean in ng++ it won't get an upgrade either?

Hoo boy, I must have done 50+ invasions today and they were all terrible. All day it was too much lag, an unstoppable gank squad with heavy weapons, fellow reds attacking me, or people skating around.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Cruxist

Playing around on my third character, a strength build. Holy crap, the
Dragonslayer Greataxe
is amaaaaaaaazing. Built in elemental damage, unique weapon skill that I actually like, and it's fairly fast? Probably my favorite weapon so far.

LiK

Playing around on my third character, a strength build. Holy crap, the
Dragonslayer Greataxe
is amaaaaaaaazing. Built in elemental damage, unique weapon skill that I actually like, and it's fairly fast? Probably my favorite weapon so far.

Tried the Yhorm Machete? Pretty awesome too.

Audioboxer

lol @ that ring early game hanging from a corpse. Cut it off wrong and corpse goes bye bye down a cliff edge. Wondered what that item was till the wiki told me.

Skii

Does anyone know if you can get the
Ultra Greatsword from the Black Knight in Crucifixion woods? I've got a bunch of rusted coins and willing to farm him for it as I'm doing a strength build but only if it can actually drop lol.

Sarcasm

lol @ that ring early game hanging from a corpse. Cut it off wrong and corpse goes bye bye down a cliff edge. Wondered what that item was till the wiki told me.

If you don't rest you find it later. I was below and I shot it with an arrow, it stayed up there. So I fought backwards. Lol.

If you rest it should reset back onto the tree.

the tree near the guy that takes you to mound makers right?

pa22word

Ultra Greatsword from the Black Knight in Crucifixion woods? I've got a bunch of rusted coins and willing to farm him for it as I'm doing a strength build but only if it can actually drop lol.
I'm pretty sure he can? I'm almost positive I got that sword there on my console run, which of course happened to be a dex build T_T

LiK

i think so. Altho I forget if you can just find it somewhere later in the game like with other BK weapons.

Audioboxer

If you don't rest you find it later. I was below and I shot it with an arrow, it stayed up there. So I fought backwards. Lol.

If you rest it should reset back onto the tree.

the tree near the guy that takes you to mound makers right?

Yeah it has. Funny. When it happened to me days ago and I reset it wasn't there. Just went back to location today and it was back. Got it :)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
new patch

A new Regulation version will be updated to adjust the game balance on Dark Souls III on Thursday, April 28th. It will not require an additional maintenance.

Main Adjustements:
The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.
After the update is completed, the newest version will appear on the top left of the title screen as below:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.06

Embrace the Darkness!

Vindicator

Got it yesterday, definitely drops it.

pa22word

new patch

A new Regulation version will be updated to adjust the game balance on Dark Souls III on Thursday, April 28th. It will not require an additional maintenance.

Main Adjustements:
The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
After the update is completed, the newest version will appear on the top left of the title screen as below:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.06

Embrace the Darkness!

They're never going to fix poise are they :/

Ohnonono

So did PS4 get a patch last night? Did it actually mess up the FPS in the game or was it a temporary thing? Reddit is a shit show and hard to see what the end result is.

Ferr986

new patch

Main Adjustements:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.06

Embrace the Darkness!

Yet they couldn't be arsed to be able to get autosummoned as a Bluebro if another Bluebro is invaded. God, FROM sometimes are so fucking stubborn.

I know that would render WoB useless but they could add some rewards to that. Right now the pool to get autosummoned is simply too small. This fix will solve nothing

Audioboxer

new patch

Main Adjustements:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.06

Embrace the Darkness!

Magic buff then? Nice.

Although I'm rolling Pyro right now. Might be nerfed lol. It is quite powerful in PVE at least.

If twinswords get buffed and that includes grave wardens set then that is going to be nasty. They already hurt hard on a dex/bleed build.

Kusagari

new patch

Main Adjustements:
App Ver 1.04
Regulation Ver 1.06

Embrace the Darkness!

I really doubt this does anything to help summoning for Darkmoon, but we'll see.

LiK

I really hope they look into poise. I tried H
avel
armor again last night for kicks and even got my equip load to handle it and it still sucks like shit.

laxu

the enemies in
smouldering lake
are sooooooo annoying. particularly those that generate the fire orbs. it's not a fun area.

It's probably the worst level in the whole game. I thought
Catacombs
was it but no,
Smouldering Lake
is even worse. The layout sucks, the enemies are just annoying and the boss is just a nastier version of the exact same thing we encountered when entering the area.

Ogawa-san

Oh yeah, they're going to "adjust" the fuck out of short swords, especially Dark Sword.

It'll take more than a damage adjustment to make slower weapons as viable, though.

Lux R7

It's probably the worst level in the whole game. I thought
Catacombs
was it but no,
Smouldering Lake
is even worse. The layout sucks, the enemies are just annoying and the boss is just a nastier version of the exact same thing we encountered when entering the area.

I think the entire area is amazing, with nice gimmicks.
The boss has a different patterns of attacks.

I need some help.

Im following a guide but even though I followed it something has gone wrong and I don't know what?

So I want to do the sirrus quest line. I have not joined Rosaria's Fingers. I just helped her best one npc and got given the silver cat ring. I'm supposed to help her kill some guy near the great wood boss but her summon sign isn't there. She's no longer at firelight shrine either. What's going on here?

Echoplx

I need some help.

Im following a guide but even though I followed it something has gone wrong and I don't know what?

So I want to do the sirrus quest line. I have not joined Rosaria's Fingers. I just helped her best one npc and got given the silver cat ring. I'm supposed to help her kill some guy near the great wood boss but her summon sign isn't there. She's no longer at firelight shrine either. What's going on here?

That sign only appears after you kill
three of the lords of cinder
iirc.

GulAtiCa

They got buffed in the last patch, including Wolfs. I dont know if its the best one but it has served me well as my only weapon. Ive won pvp fights with it as well. Get it upgraded and it does good.
Any specifics on which of them got buffed and by how much?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I need some help.

The greatwood summon sign shows up after you've beaten at least 3 lords of cinder.

LiK

I need some help.

Summon sign should be right beside the massive hole near the door to tree boss. Also, are you Embered?
edit: nm, answered above

gunstarhero

Anyone maining a rapier type sword?

Right now I'm using the Uchi simply because it's stronger than the Estoc and Rapier I have - but I'm itching to go back to a thrust-type sword.

Anything great to look forward to? Seems nothing in that category scales past C. :(

Audioboxer

Anyone maining a rapier type sword?

Right now I'm using the Uchi simply because it's stronger than the Estoc and Rapier I have - but I'm itching to go back to a thrust-type sword.

Anything great to look forward to? Seems nothing in that category scales past C. :(

Isn't Estoc with Leo ring essentially troll mode right now? Lot of PVPers seem to be complaining about it.

O.DOGG

I finished the game last Saturday (I think) and I can start NG+ at any time but I'm having so much fun just beating the
Nameless King
boss in coop, just trying different weapons and armor configurations. Luckily there appears to always be someone looking for a partner and I never have to wait long. I'm currently using only the Composite Bow for the fight. The thing is a beast, the first weapon I'm consistently using the weapon skill of.

So did PS4 get a patch last night? Did it actually mess up the FPS in the game or was it a temporary thing? Reddit is a shit show and hard to see what the end result is.

Nope, still bad here.

My hope is that this patch was made to work along with newest regulation ver.

zma1013

The boss feels very copy and paste to me. The
sandworm thingy
should've been the real boss for that level.

The boss has entirely unique moves to himself. He certainly looks similar to other giant demon things, but he does play his own way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom