• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Hey I started my dex run yesterday and spotted an item drop across the way from where you meet Yoel in the Undead Settlement next to the downed dragon. How in the hell do you get over there?

Hidden Area in Farron Keep. From the Old Wolf bonfire go up to the Stray Demon, near the gate on the opposite side of him you can drop to a lower ledge and access that area. 2x of those Titanite Lizards (drop 2x Larg Titanite Shard), Dragon Crest Shield and the Lightning Spear miracle

pa22word

Farron Keep, the area near the Stray Demon and above the Wolf covenant.
?!

How in the hell did I miss that in 2 consecutive runs ;~;

Is it just in the actual area of, and just opposite of SD?

EDIT: thanks KHlover! Will boot up my other character and do some looting. Hopefully I get a Darkmoon summons!
lol

Demoskinos

Yeah the performance issues for DS3 on Xbox One are shocking.

Oh yeah performance wise for sure. That buttery 60fps on PS4 is great. I'm talking more the feel of the combat itself it has... a different tempo to it I guess? Not sure how to describe it. Might be because of the frame rate difference. I know I've messed up a lot of rolls.

Ferr986

Oh yeah performance wise for sure. That buttery 60fps on PS4 is great. I'm talking more the feel of the combat itself it has... a different tempo to it I guess? Not sure how to describe it. Might be because of the frame rate difference. I know I've messed up a lot of rolls.

DS2 has slower paced combat and has less i-frames on rolls than DS3 (unless you level up ADP stat high enough)

Knuf

So, after finally reaching
Irithyll of the Borean Valley
and exploring it with my jaw constantly dropped from the awesomeness there, one NPC in the Firelink Shrine gave me a key for a cellar in the High Walls of Lothric and decided to return back there and also see if I have left something behind to discover.
And holy fucking crap! Once I beat the
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
, not only one secret but a whole new and awesome area had I the pleasure to discover! I totally did not expect it! And going by trophy percentages many other players missed out on the glorious
Lothric Castle
: I honestly thought that
Cathedral of the Deep
level design was perfect but this area probably surpassed it. And it's much more difficult than any other area I have encountered yet: I've managed to reach
Dragonslayer Armour
, tried a few attempts, but I've got yet to bring him down.
This fucking game, man! Seriously amazing.

lawtowler

Productive evening yesterday, took down the
Old Demon Lord
, and
High Lord Wolnir
. Cleared out the
Catacombs of Carthus
and
Smouldering Lake
. Also bought the Tower Key and found all of the secrets in there.

Now time to face the absolutely stunning
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

This is my guy at the end of the night, relieved and happy with the progress but preparing himself for the impending doom ahead...

ChAKCYeW0AAZnsm.jpg:large

sym30l1c

I'm at around level 140, only 3 bosses left in NG+ and I never get summoned as a Darkmoon Blade. My level might be too high, but I got summoned only once even when I was at a much lower level in NG.

So, goodbye to getting the platinum trophy...

Randam

what is up with the dozens of purple calling signs around every bonfire?

fuck you, I wont summon a mad phantom.

and does noone want to do coop in Farron Keep?

edit: not surprising.
area still sucks major balls, even the second time..

KHlover

Banned
Productive evening yesterday, took down the
Old Demon Lord
, and
High Lord Wolnir
. Cleared out the
Catacombs of Carthus
and
Smouldering Lake
. Also bought the Tower Key and found all of the secrets in there.

Now time to face the absolutely stunning
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley

This is my guy at the end of the night, relieved and happy with the progress but preparing himself for the impending doom ahead...

ChAKCYeW0AAZnsm.jpg:large

What about D
emon
R
uins
?

Ruuppa

I'm at around level 140, only 3 bosses left in NG+ and I never get summoned as a Darkmoon Blade. My level might be too high, but I got summoned only once even when I was at a much lower level in NG.

You can still
farm the Concords from the Silver Knights in Anor Londo.

Vindicator

You can still farm them, got myself about 50 Covenant items in the last 2 days (after work btw), finally done with that. Ofc it's quite tedious but maybe FROM increases their drop-rate some day.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome stuff. I gave up on my SL1 blind playthrough so early (Cathedral of Deep) - I just needed to get on play the game it was taking so long. For BB I got to Wet Nurse before giving it a rest.

I fear for my future SL1 run because of how locked off upgrade materials are. The game is so linear, I want to get OP asap for these runs!

You can always do the super early sequence break involving Sword Master

MicSte79

Neo Member
Finished the game! First time I've ever completed a Souls game so I am pretty happy.

The best Souls game of the series in my opinion. Stunning experience.

Divius

Finished the game twice, just started a sorcery playthrough. Are there any guides for sorcery builds yet? Like essential items to get, routes to take etc ?

MicSte79

Neo Member
So what boss did everyone find the most easy and most difficult? (those of us who have finished it).

Should probably spoiler your answers.

The Deacons were definitely the easiest. Not sure which was most difficult. Dancer was pretty tough.

KeRaSh

EDIT: To confirm, I just got summoned for a battle at
Dragonslayer Armour
, where the framerate is arguably at its worst in the entire game, and it seemed to run fine, perhaps even better than before. Didn't notice as much slowdown.

I've been playing offline for 95% of the game and the performance was fine. I needed help with the DSA yesterday and went online. The FPS was noticeably worse throughout the area leading up to the boss offline already but it was even worse after going online.

SRTtoZ

Finished the game twice, just started a sorcery playthrough. Are there any guides for sorcery builds yet? Like essential items to get, routes to take etc ?

I'm doing a Sorcery run now on my 2nd run through and so far just make sure you get the
guy that sells the spells. You probably remember him, he's found after you kill Vordt and get taken to the new area by those things with wings. You find him on the bridge blending in with all the other turtle guys. Early on you will also find a good staff (Heretics staff), its a B rating that gets upgraded to A very quickly. Other than that just play the game as normal and you'll find all the essentials, good rings and shit. It's a fun build but my STR character still puts this one to shame damage wise.

Oh I forgot, there's another guy in the upstairs of that swamp area with the 2 giant crabs, you find him next to a bunch of book cases and scrolls, get him and he's the guy you keep giving your Tomes to to get more/better spells.

Defuser

You have to do a 60 int build because magic is terrible on dealing damage not to mention scaling. And Great heavy soul arrow is the only good spell that could damage enemies.

Ruuppa

Dunno why you would equip WotB if you're just gonna let your blue bros solo the invaders.

I don't know how much you know about the Dark Souls invasion culture (I'm an expert), but honor and duels are a huge part of it.

It varies a lot between players, but I tend to not go for duels when dealing with invaders. Just cheese the hell out of them and be done with it I say.

On PC, fear of hackers might play into it. Met my first one when doing come covenant invasions, and it was decidedly anti-fun.

SRTtoZ

You have to do a 60 int build because magic is terrible on dealing damage not to mention scaling. And Great heavy soul arrow is the only good spell that could damage enemies.

Yea and some enemies have such good resistances to the spells that it makes it tough. I got enough DEX and STR to use the Crystal Sage's Rapier and its good when in a pinch. You pretty much need to have a side weapon in DS3 or else it makes the game a ton harder.

Seriously, is the stupid fucking DART spell good for anything? It does no damage! Please FROM, buff spells.

lawtowler

What about D
emon
R
uins
?

Also cleared, i counted that as part of
Catacombs/Smouldering Lake
. Horrible area since most enemies have
high fire def and I'm Pyro
. Really had to switch things up for the first time for that (and
ODL
)

lawtowler

I've been using the hand axe on my Pyro since starting the game and it's fine but am I right in thinking you can't use spells that case weapons in magic (fire/lightning/dark etc) on axe's?

If so I think I might try something different, any suggestions? My axe is currently +5

Ruuppa

I've been using the hand axe on my Pyro since starting the game and it's fine but am I right in thinking you can't use spells that case weapons in magic (fire/lightning/dark etc) on axe's?

If so I think I might try something different, any suggestions? My axe is currently +5

As long as your weapon isn't Twinkling/Transfused, you can buff them. Some exceptions might be there, haven't gotten around to testing too much.

bigol

I am playing as a pure sorcerer since 50 hours now, and yes it's more difficult at the beginning but there is no need to have a 60 int build if not for the final boss. Beat the first boss first try, the second boss first try too at 15-25 intelligence. The third optional boss is much more difficult because it has points you have to hit and some of these points cannot the locked, but otherwise damage is fine.

At the start just pump points into attunement, dexterity and intelligence.

Attunement to increase FP, dexterity to improve casting speed and well intelligence for damage.

The starting catalyzer is good enough for the first two areas then you will find Heretic staff that will help you greatly until mid game.

Dart Spell is just there to use as a way to aggro enemies, it's not meant to do damage. The most useful spells are Farron Flash sword, GHSA, Great Souls Arrow that can be acquired quite early in the game, It's not like GHSA is the only viable spell. Soul Arrows are also useful for early areas.

Leezard

You can buff it unless it has certain infusions, like Fire.

joanot

I completed Mound Makers and got the pyromancy trophy. It's honestly a lot easier to just actually do the PvP instead of farming the item. I literally farmed the area needed for that covenant and only got ONE item in one hours time.

Yeah, fuck farming, yesterday I had so much fun invading as a Mound Maker, won 12 vertebra shackles in a two hours session.

The darkmoon covenant is another story, have yet to be summoned once. Hope this event helps:

http://fextralife.com/forums/t53015/f83/night-of-the-darkmoons-community-event/

bigol

Catalyst scaling works good, i don't know why people think it's garbage. Just because when you upgrade catalyst it goes only +1 on spell buff?

But that's not important,buff spell automatically scales with intelligence when you put points into it. Sorcerer staff starts at 100 spell buff, but even if not upgrading catalyst when you pump intelligence you see damage buff greatly increases based on scaling.

Sorcerer staff is good, but Heretic staff is great for this. There is only one S scaling staff that i know though and it's found much later.

Up to
Irithyl Dungeon
. Hope it doesn't live up to the horror stories.

Might leave it for tomorrow and play a bit of Ratchet before bed.

test_account

XP-39C²
I beat the game last night. Really great game! :) I soloed every boss except N
ameless King
, there i summoned one phantom. I was unfortunately bored with that boss before i could get a real read on his 2nd phase. I died too many times on the first phase.

By the way, whats the point with hollowing? Just cosmetic stuff?

Finally got around to making another one, should be more regular from now on

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ce08aa024b10917f11e8fb03b8dfcebd/tumblr_o6a47eTeKc1qed0geo1_1280.jpg
Looks great! :)

Reached
Lothric Castle
and then called it a night, the few enemies I encountered seem to hit like a truck. I feel vastly underpowered with a +7 weapon and still no fucking titanite chunks. I really, really dislike how gated-off the upgrade materials are in this. Maybe it will make low level runs have to make some interesting choices - I guess maybe you could get creative with twinkling or other upgrade paths.

It's also linear as hell. I assume I'm very near the end - it's been great but I could've used a few more branching paths especially early on - 20,000 souls for a fucking key to the crows really? I naively thought when I grinded for this first thing it would get me to a mid-game area, akin to going to the Catacombs early or something. I really would've liked to see some more branching paths, even DS2 let you got a few different ways at the start even if each path was linear (which is really no different to Demon's Souls).

The Dancer boss, I remember it getting tons of praise early on, but now it seems kind of boring - I did beat it first try with a few close calls. Again, I am not a fan of these 4,5,6 hit combos that some enemies and bosses do. It seems like you just end up spamming roll and by the end you have no stamina and thus very little chance to retaliate because they recover so fast.

Leezard

Reached
Lothric Castle
and then called it a night, the few enemies I encountered seem to hit like a truck. I feel vastly underpowered with a +7 weapon and still no fucking titanite chunks. I really, really dislike how gated-off the upgrade materials are in this. Maybe it will make low level runs have to make some interesting choices - I guess maybe you could get creative with twinkling or other upgrade paths.
You'll be getting a ton of chunks in that area, at least.

Daante

Just checked steamspy stats and it says 764,587 owners.

Very curious of the total sales worldwide so far, consoles included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom