• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any way to get the
Proper Bow
gesture without breaking a NPC quest? Or rarther, is it possible to get that ring before breaking the quest? I think i have all the other items from that quest in NG.

EDIT: Seems that its not possible because the boss
Abyss Watchers
must be alive to get this gesture, and you must get to a location after this boss to get that ring. Dang, i need to get to NG++ then to complete it, but i guess that had to be done regardless to get the platinum trophy.

Skii

Would love a real PVP arena. Hope that's included with a DLC or something. DkS2 did that and it's a good option to have. Better than people having to do summoning for PVP.

That's a shame. Hoping they add it as free update. Ridiculous to incorporate that as DLC when everyone should have a good PVP experience regardless.

Then you won't like this - it's not bad, but remember the insane ADP builds in DkS2 that could chug Estus flasks almost instantly? Well, that's the default drinking speed in this game.

Get prepared to have every invasion drag out because the phantom will chug 5 times and there's almost nothing you can do to interrupt it unless you're smart about equipping daggers.

Oh, I've already had my first PVP experience. I was in that area of Cathedral of the Deep where there is constantly spawning hollows and someone invaded. They clearly were ahead of me because they had armour and weapons I hadn't seen before. But I'm not backing away from PVP.

This guy was a dick. Tried to attack during my gesture and every time I would get their health low, they'd immediately run to an area with loads of the hollows to heal up before fighting me again. They literally did this like 5+ plus times before they killed me because I was just out of estus from making progress in that area.

I'm really annoyed that they let invaders use estus. It's not the same as Bloodborne where blood vials could be exploited with parrying and the general fast pace meant using vials would ensure a fight didn't last 10 seconds. But healing has no place in DS3 imo.

Tarkus

I've definitely beat more Dark Swords in duels than Estocs. Parrying shields ftw. It seems like the Llewellyn shield has a really good parry timing for estocs. I would try spamming parry with a leather round shield in between estoc spams, but the timing never worked out. Tried it with the Llewellyn shield and it worked at least once.

I believe buckler/round leather shield have more windup frames (but also more parry frames) which makes it too slow to get in parries in between estoc pokes. But the Llewellyn shields and other small round shields have less windup frames and less parry frames. So you have to be more precise - but its fast enough to parry between estoc pokes.

Just my observations. I didn't get much time with Llewellyn last night, so I'll try some more tonight. But for now, I keep one of each of those types of shields in my left hand to cycle between.
Yeah, small shields are the best for parrying for me.

LiK

twice now I've been summoned to the d
ancer
only for the host to be one hit ko by the grab attack

How? I didn't get it until that boss fight
unless there is a way to pick it up before

I know
he got cornered against a wall and just ruined poor thing

Never mind, I was thinking you were in NG+.

I'm not sure if this is possible honestly. They would need to completely change the scaling of some early/mid-game weapons, and the lack of infusion materials/how far some coals are in the game would still be a big issue.

I wish Infusion was better explained in the game.

Big Brett

I'm going to start a SL1 No Shield All Bosses run today. I'll drop a link to my stream when I start. Beat NG++ yesterday so I'm READY
for agony.

Echoplx

Are you meant to get a message when you're banned? I copied my save over to a family share account and there's heaps of summons signs again.

I never received a notice and the circlet can't be used.

I hope it's just a bug.

Cruxist

Tried the Yhorm Machete? Pretty awesome too.

No! Not yet. Mainly because I bum-rushed for the boss soul for the Axe so Yhorm is still kicking. I'll have to try it out, but I'm really blown away by these endgame weapon options. So much more fun than what was available during most of the game.

Sullichin

Started a level 1 run last night. Well, started a deprived and couldn't decide what build to do this time so decided to try level 1.

Having a lot of fun speeding through the game. I'm on
Abyss Watchers
and things are starting to get real. Surprisingly
Deacons of the Deep
took me a few tries. I never realized how badly things can turn in that fight if you take too long!

Using Fire Club +4 now. Love the regular club and reinforced club in these games. Want to switch to reinforced. Is there any way to farm large titanite shards early? Damage output isn't a problem. So far endurance is the thing I miss most and would usually at least have a few points into by now.

Jellie

Invaded three times in a row by the same person in the C
atacombs
. Every time he ran away using the obscuring ring, and tried to snipe me off the bridge with the dragonslayer greatbow. Then when he had to fight he estoc R1 spammed, ran to heal and backstab fished constantly. Pretty much sums up the PvP currently?
One shot him with parries all 3 times anyway.

LiK

No! Not yet. Mainly because I bum-rushed for the boss soul for the Axe so Yhorm is still kicking. I'll have to try it out, but I'm really blown away by these endgame weapon options. So much more fun than what was available during most of the game.

It's a pretty good weapon in PVP in 1v1 and I didn't max the upgrades for it yet. It's fast enough to really pound people to death.

NEO0MJ

Just found the Butcher's Knife. "A" Strength scaling and weapon art is healing?

Come at me bro

Base damage is kinda low, though. And you can't add fire/magic/etc. damage to it or infuse it.

I think it heals with normal attacks. Never used it personally.

It does, but only 1 HP with weak attacks and a bit more with strong attacks. You're meant to buff it to really benefit from that perk.

Novocaine

Ending question below

I'll be going for the hollow ending for NG++, do I need to cure my hollowing in NG+, or does it simply let me skip the free level gains in ++?

saturnine

Surprisingly
Deacons of the Deep
took me a few tries. I never realized how badly things can turn in that fight if you take too long!

On my last run I decided to summon two phantoms for that boss. Well let me tell you something :
the difference between killing one of them in a single stamina bar and chipping away half a life bar with a combo is like night and day. I felt like I was drowning, barely killing one before two more would spawn.

When I finally decided to do it solo it went down without a hitch. That health boost in coop is no joke.

Sullichin

On my last run I decided to summon two phantoms for that boss. Well let me tell you something :
the difference between killing one of them in a single stamina bar and chipping away half a life bar with a combo is like night and day. I felt like I was drowning, barely killing one before two more would spawn.

When I finally decided to do it solo it went down without a hitch. That health boost in coop is no joke.

Yeah I felt like I was being suffocated waiting for my puny ass stamina bar to regen. And then the
whole room fills with curse gas.

Yo, I respecced yesterday into a Luck/Faith build (40/30) using
Anri's
Straight Sword buffed with Lightning Blade... jeebus this things hit like a truck. No wonder speedrunners are using this build / sword - it's OP. Carthus Rouge if you want Bleed and it wrecks too O_O

Up to 800 AR for a straight sword. Think about how crazy that is.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I feel like characters with two swords or the lighting-fast rapiers have the upper hand in PvP. My tank can essentially one or two-hit someone, but landing that kind of shot is a real challenge against these fencing bastards.

That said, I don't tend to have any problem with bosses and I can stand my ground with them without having to roll back and heal every time they strike.

Anri's
Straight Sword buffed with Lightning Blade... jeebus this things hit like a truck. No wonder speedrunners are using this build / sword - it's OP. Carthus Rouge if you want Bleed and it wrecks too O_O

That's pretty awesome.

LiK

Ending question below

I'll be going for the hollow ending for NG++, do I need to cure my hollowing in NG+, or does it simply let me skip the free level gains in ++?

i know it carries over and you still need to take the free levels in order for him to die. So I guess maybe just heal before going into NG++
I'm doing the same quest tonight and I'll be done with the game until DLC.

E92 M3

Anri's

It'll probably get nerfed tomorrow lol

LiK

Anri's

Fuck, maybe I'll respec tonight just to use that for NG++

I think I will cuz I wanna try a faith build anyway.

Sullichin

Anri's

Lmao. Thought my BKGA hitting near 800 AR with Warcry was good.

Trakan

Anri's

How's that work? I had 99 luck for farming silver knights and the AR was ~450.

Lighting blade at 30 faith doesn't add that much.

Smidget

So is the PS4 version still FPS boned this AM for everyone?

Wondering the same. I played and stopped around 10 pm eastern last night and my brother on the west coast played around 9 his time and said it was miserable.

Is there any way to uninstall one patch but keep the previous one without messing up saved games? Or I'll just wait. Even though I don't want to :/

Fuck the
Poison Swamps.
no clue where to go and I hit 2 bonfires. Just wandering around that area gettin killed. It's the Bloodborne Forrest but figured that area out quick.

Also how can a Warrior Strength build get 1 single Attunment slot? I got the healing spell and the minimum requirement is level 8, I am at level 9 and can't hold it.

Sarcasm

So I beat my second boss

tree testicle dude lol
....so where am I suppose to go now?

I gave the kiln to that dude in chair, should I just use the boss souls from him? They only make one item correct?

Fuck the
Poison Swamps.
no clue where to go and I hit 2 bonfires. Just wandering around that area gettin killed. It's the Bloodborne Forrest but figured that area out quick.

Also how can a Warrior Strength build get 1 single Attunment slot? I got the healing spell and the minimum requirement is level 8, I am at level 9 and can't hold it.

For your dilemma,
look up and head towards the fires

For your Attunement question, there are rings that grant extra slots.

pringles

Way of the Blue is so broken. Get invaded, stall a bit waiting for help.. after a few minutes just decide to kill the invader. 1 minute later, a summon appears. 1 minute after that, another.

Oh man I completely misread the OT title this whole time. Kinda makes me want the next OT to be

Dark Souls 3 I OT I Welcome to the New Game, Welcome to the New Game, I'm Embering Up

Manu

So I beat my second boss

tree testicle dude lol
....so where am I suppose to go now?

I gave the kiln to that dude in chair, should I just use the boss souls from him? They only make one item correct?

That should be your third boss, unless you're not couting Gundyr for any reason.

Citadel

Have you tried using 'Magic Weapon' spell before fighting her? I used it and it completely destroyed her - went through bone like butter - stay on her butt, and do it by yourself - the extra phantoms are just buffing her HP.

In other news - I could fight silver knights all day - so much fun. Cathedral knights on the other hand can go suck a dick

I usually found that summoning a full squad wasn't helpful. Especially against a boss that's one-shotting you and your summons, giving it that increased HP and thereby prolonging the fight makes it harder. Good luck tho, it didn't even occur to me to try and sequence break by doing that.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't have any spells, but I tried enchanting my weapon with bleed / lightning effects. Must have tried 5 more times on my own, but could not get past 50% again. With that grab attack, she can literally kill me with that one hit. Most of her regular attacks (if they hit me once) can take down half of my health. So I just said 'screw it', and i'll come back to it later. I tried. Damn you, Dark Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom