• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they managed to create a boss that made me feel even worse than Maiden Astraea and Sif.
The two princes, especially the second phase. Fighting them felt horrible.

And the
Nameless King
is clearly Demise from Zelda. Zelda and Dark Souls are connected after all.

DPB

the enemies in
smouldering lake
are sooooooo annoying. particularly those that generate the fire orbs. it's not a fun area.

That was my least favourite level in the game, the tunnels look like they've been copy-pasted from a tileset, there's little to distinguish one corridor from the next.

Lyonaz

That was my least favourite level in the game, the tunnels look like they've been copy-pasted from a tileset, there's little to distinguish one corridor from the next.

Such a shitty place, but the enemies drop a ton of (Large) Titanite shards, only redeeming quality of the place.

sym30l1c

What the fuck! I was farming with the Symbol of Avarice on...rested at the bonfire and went out for 5 minutes. Came back and realised I lost 300000 souls because apparently the symbol of avarice drains health even when you're resting...

I haven't tested myself, but couldn't you
kill Yuria right before the last boss and purposely screw yourself out of the hollow ending
? That way you could, just like BB, get all
three
endings in one playthrough by save scumming.

Or just not risk that stupid shit finish it get the ending you want and then kill her? One of the endings she'll drop her stuff for you anyway after you finish it.
You don't have to end your run after the last boss.

KHlover

Banned
So they managed to create a boss that made me feel even worse than Maiden Astraea and Sif.
The two princes, especially the second phase. Fighting them felt horrible.

And the
Nameless King
is clearly Demise from Zelda. Zelda and Dark Souls are connected after all.
Yup. Been saying this since launch. NK is like 1:1 Demise.

What the fuck! I was farming with the Symbol of Avarice on...rested at the bonfire and went out for 5 minutes. Came back and realised I lost 300000 souls because apparently the symbol of avarice drains health even when you're resting...

Guess that makes you No 2 in the last 24 hours. I bet the dev who implemented Symbol of Avarice reads threads like this one and laughs his ass off every time it happens.

Sarcasm

Shadow play that, it is a classic trust me.

Ricker

Lothric Castle is hard.

Yep,kinda going real slow in there and that Toxic route is a major pain as well...I think I died more here last evening going through it the first time then the entire game lol...I managed to skip a few battles and reach 2 more bonfires though but something is kind of blocking my way now so I am still trying to figure it out before asking/youtubing/wiki for a solution...

I know why I am having a hard time though,I still have a bad reflex at times to do 2 double roll when I only need one,so the ennemy has time to block again. ;)

MilkBeard

Reached
Lothric Castle
and then called it a night, the few enemies I encountered seem to hit like a truck. I feel vastly underpowered with a +7 weapon and still no fucking titanite chunks. I really, really dislike how gated-off the upgrade materials are in this. Maybe it will make low level runs have to make some interesting choices - I guess maybe you could get creative with twinkling or other upgrade paths.

It's also linear as hell. I assume I'm very near the end - it's been great but I could've used a few more branching paths especially early on - 20,000 souls for a fucking key to the crows really? I naively thought when I grinded for this first thing it would get me to a mid-game area, akin to going to the Catacombs early or something. I really would've liked to see some more branching paths, even DS2 let you got a few different ways at the start even if each path was linear (which is really no different to Demon's Souls).

The Dancer boss, I remember it getting tons of praise early on, but now it seems kind of boring - I did beat it first try with a few close calls. Again, I am not a fan of these 4,5,6 hit combos that some enemies and bosses do. It seems like you just end up spamming roll and by the end you have no stamina and thus very little chance to retaliate because they recover so fast.
You've missed some stuff. You should have found quite a few chunks by now. Also, you should be looking around for ashes, because by that point in the game you should be able to buy chunks from the handmaid. You aren't far from the end.

Going from spending 3 hours, almost, on C
hampion
G
yundir
and then trying to fight D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
is really hard. I had a rhythm going with the first fight that it's hard to adjust for the second.

GorillaJu

You've missed some stuff. You should have found quite a few chunks by now. Also, you should be looking around for ashes, because by that point in the game you should be able to buy chunks from the handmaid. You aren't far from the end.

Chunks aren't really available to buy at that point - Lothric castle is easier than the place you get the ashes with Chunks from.

GorillaJu

Going from spending 3 hours, almost, on C
hampion
G
yundir
and then trying to fight D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
is really hard. I had a rhythm going with the first fight that it's hard to adjust for the second.

DA is more about positioning than rhythm. Almost all his attacks are avoidable without rolling, just strafing around to his rear and going to town.

KLoWn

Did anyone else find the camera while fighting
The Nameless King (or his dragon to be more exact)
a fuckin joke? Half the time I've died on this boss it's because the camera just enters the dragons ass so I can't see shit, or it zooms in on the dragon's head so I can't see anything the other asshole is doing. Couldn't the camera just zoom out a bit?
I've heard people say the camera in Dark Souls is shit, but this is the first time I've really agreed with them.

MUnited83

For you.
A
rchdragon
P
eak boss
?

That happened to me too, I bounced off its body and fell to my death.

Yeah, the hitbox is garbage. It basically only recognizes your attack if you're going for the head. Try the neck or the body and you're fucked.

MilkBeard

Chunks aren't really available to buy at that point - Lothric castle is easier than the place you get the ashes with Chunks from.
Technically the place can be accessed before lothric castle to get the ashes needed to buy chunks. However, it's hard to find on your own.
Archdragon Peak

Either way, there are an absolute ton of then from Lothric Castle onward.

NEO0MJ

Did anyone else find the camera while fighting
The Nameless King (or his dragon to be more exact)
a fuckin joke? Half the time I've died on this boss it's because the camera just enters the dragons ass so I can't see shit, or it zooms in on the dragon's head so I can't see anything the other asshole is doing.

It can be a problem for sure. Took some time to get the hang of it.

yes, he's still one of the hardest bosses in the series. So many people cheese to win him. I remember beating him legit and it took FOREVER. a battle of nutrition.

Fixed 😄

What is the best ring for stamina regen? Is there only the cloranthy?

I haven't found all the Rings but I'm near the end and haven't found anything else that boosts stamina recovery.

Looks like regulation 1.06 could be the one to fix magic. "Magic balancing" is one of the items along with Greatswords (again), twin swords (probably a buff), and short swords (probably a nerf?). They're also increasing the level range for
Darkmoon
summoning. Should be live with the patch coming tonight.

lawtowler

Looks like regulation 1.06 could be the one to fix magic. "Magic balancing" is one of the items along with Greatswords (again), twin swords (probably a buff), and short swords (probably a nerf?). They're also increasing the level range for
Darkmoon

Out of interest, in what way does magic need fixing? I'm hoping the spell casting time/damage is being buffed

LiK

Darkmoon

New patch tonight already? Hope it fixes the issues on PS4 from the patch last night.

zma1013

What's the point of the blacksmith even repairing weapons then since, in order to get to him, you have to sit at a bonfire and warp back to Firelink Shrine? Seems like a weird mechanic. They should just do away with it completely.

It wont repair at bonfires if its completely broken.

Ferr986

It's not really by far my favorite boss but
Aldrich
is probably the most fun to coop. He seems the only one that is able to keep 2 players busy
for example making one pulling the arrows while meleing/doing the energy balls thingy to other

jett

D-Member
There's a particular ending to this game that's better than any Souls ending I've seen yet (including BB).

Eh, which one?

You can't mean the Lord of Hollows ending right? I did that and I thought it was totes shitcakes. Lasted all 20 seconds.

KLoWn

Alright, I just beat him (
The Nameless King)
, and while the camera was really REALLY bad at times the fight itself was pretty epic as a whole. Good stuff.

zma1013

Are greatswords good now? Which one is considered the best? Wolf's?

They got buffed in the last patch, including Wolfs. I dont know if its the best one but it has served me well as my only weapon. Ive won pvp fights with it as well. Get it upgraded and it does good.

pa22word

I'm a fan. Wolf is alright. I love the Fume but you gotta go full STR for it.

I've been mauling people with the Black Knight GS. Long reach, and has a really confusing moveset to play against with moves that seemingly come out of nowhere and fast, especially for a greatsword.

heringer

I've been mauling people with the Black Knight GS. Long reach, and has a really confusing moveset to play against with moves that seemingly come out of nowhere and fast, especially for a greatsword.

Fume and Black Knight are Ultra Greatswords, though. Not a fan of those.

LiK

Fume and Black Knight are Ultra Greatswords, though. Not a fan of those.

It feels slow at first and they do take a bit to charge up but once you get to their movesets and timing, they're pretty OP. The charge thrust destroys most regular enemies in like 1-2 hits even in NG+.

I'm trying to get used to katanas but they feel slow to me. But I'm not a Dex/Luck build so I can't take advantage of the bleed effects.

heringer

It feels slow at first and they do take a bit to charge up but once you get to their movesets and timing, they're pretty OP. The charge thrust destroys most regular enemies in like 1-2 hits even in NG+.

I'm trying to get used to katanas but they feel slow to me. But I'm not a Dex/Luck build so I can't take advantage of the bleed effects.

It's not so much how slow they are (that too), but I feel the stamina consumption to damage ratio isn't all that great. They are great for stomp and break guard, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom