• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
am I the only one who does this every time I summon

JL7h58q.jpg

I sometimes do the Patches Squat gesture in front of someone

Okay, so I'm looking at a couple of weapons to replace my Dark Sword just because it is boring and I hate it. Would any of these even come close to its power/efficiency?

Onikiri and Ubadachi
Washing Pole
Astora Greatsword
Lothric Knight Greatsword
Boss Greatswords (Wolf Knight, Farron, Profaned)

My stats are building toward quality fyi (35 STR 32 Dex)

The Fume UGS is actually pretty fun despite being horribly nerfed.

Risible

OMG. So many fucking garbage summons at the
Dancer of Boreal Valley
. I summon two, for whatever fucking reason one never enters or I get a "has gone home" message. If by some miracle I actually get them into the fight they die in the first minute or less. I tried ten times and finally said fuck this and quit for now.

And whose bright idea was it to transport me directly from one boss fight into another, straight from
Yhorm
to this. 65K in souls locked into the fucking boss fight until I can find some competent people to help. UGH.

And whose bright idea was it to transport me directly from one boss fight into another, straight from
Yhorm
to this. 65K in souls locked into the fucking boss fight until I can find some competent people to help. UGH.

grab souls and bone out? You should get enough time if you run into a corner behind those spiral stairs.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Dancer of Boreal Valley
. I summon two, for whatever fucking reason one never enters or I get a "has gone home" message. If by some miracle I actually get them into the fight they die in the first minute or less. I tried ten times and finally said fuck this and quit for now.

Yhorm

Do you have one of those rings that stops you from losing souls when you die?

Anri quest help please.

Ok so I didnt know we needed to draw out our true strength in order to get the best ending so Yoel died. Fine. Ive defeated Yhorm an went back to the catacombs after killing Horace and told Anri that Horace was at Smouldering Lake. She gave me the ring.

I then find her at the Chapel and talk to her and get a gesture. Does anyone know where Anri will be now? I went back to where I fought Horace and found a grave that Im assuming Anri made.

Menome

Dancer of Boreal Valley

Yhorm

Grab the souls, use a Homeward Bone when you get a few seconds to spare.

My wife watched me do low level invasions today. She was wondering why I was attacking fellow players and laughed when I faced a gank squad. If she only saw the session where I destroyed a gank squad... Praise the Raw Astora Straight Sword!

TyrantII

Dancer of Boreal Valley

Yhorm

I love that fight. If help, but the servers are going down soon.

Anri quest help please.

Ok so I didnt know we needed to draw out our true strength in order to get the best ending so Yoel died. Fine. Ive defeated Yhorm an went back to the catacombs after killing Horace and told Anri that Horace was at Smouldering Lake. She gave me the ring.

I then find her at the Chapel and talk to her and get a gesture. Does anyone know where Anri will be now? I went back to where I fought Horace and found a grave that Im assuming Anri made.

If you don't get the
5 free levels from Yoel
, the questline is botched and you'll have to wait for another playthrough or new character to get the secret ending.

Gotten as far as
Undead Settlement.
Having seen some gameplay videos prerelease I'm coming up on what I assume to be the
giant tree boss
but I decided to open the door the opposite way and go down that path.

Game feels good. Slightly faster paced than previous souls, which makes the transition from playing all that Bloodborne a bit smoother. I'm finding myself more inclined to two hand in a lot more encounters whereas before I used to hide behind a shield.

One small nitpick: I'm not a fan of how quest npcs you meet in the world just disapperate at the end of a conversation. Feels less organic than just leaving and coming back to find them having moved on.

Shame the servers are down. Just joined mound makers and it is a BLAST to invade as a mad dark spirit. Almost every invasion is 2v4 and it's amazing chaos. Got 4 vertebra shackles before the servers went down.

Also, the Lothric Knight Sword is amazing - that 110 crit damage + hornet ring = lots of 1 shot kill ripostes. Also the slightly longer reach on it is great for that thrusting moveset. Catch lots of people on the end of their rolls.

Knightslayer's Ring, Hornet Ring, Lloyd's Sword Ring and Chloranthy. Great combo for an aggressive playstyle. Hosts tend to panic and turtle when I rush in and start swinging at them, leading to lots of guard breaks with Knightslayer's ring.

Honorable duels are fun and all, and I still join fightclubs on some characters, but I think I've fallen in love with the Mound Makers covenant.

TyrantII

One small nitpick: I'm not a fan of how quest npcs you meet in the world just disapperate at the end of a conversation. Feels less organic than just leaving and coming back to find them having moved on.

If you use a homeward bone, you'll notice that's exactly what they use. I liked that.

MilkBeard

Watching Epicnamebro's playthrough is great. There is a lot of stuff that I missed. I also like how he's piecing things together quite well from early on. How
DS3's maps is overlayed over Lordran in different ways, and the general connections between the two games. Little things I missed like the murals of the Lordsouls at the fires in Farron Keep.

ok so I have everything in the four altars except for the one where that dude is sitting and I'm not getting a cut scene from the firekeeper???????

Mephala

So I seem to constantly have "Unable to Summon". I ended up having to solo almost every boss in the game. Anyone know what could fix this?

what??? she's not going anywhere

I gave her some eyeballs but she didn't like them so I killed her and I think that's why she's not giving me the cutscene

Make sure you have it on the large throne at the centre as well.

Coda

So I seem to constantly have "Unable to Summon". I ended up having to solo almost every boss in the game. Anyone know what could fix this?

Pretty sure it's just not you getting to them fast enough, usually around boss areas there's plenty of people looking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom