• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how darkmoon/blue sentinels work. The top guy on the leader board for it is a few levels above me and rose by another 100 turn ins since yesterday and I've had it on and have just been running around for hours with no summon at all. Do you not get summoned if you have killed all the bosses/are embered?

Tarkus

Someone just wrecked me with a
Black Knight
Glaive. Not a single attack was close to hitting me, with me being out of range. Either its hit boxes are fucked or the servers are lagging.

The Flash

Banned
Just beat
Ancient Wyvern
. Seriously one of my favorite moments in this game. When I figured out that you supposed to
keep exploring the area to get to higher ground I was like,
"amazing". Really
easy but it tricked me so good into thinking it was going to be a traditional boss fight. Nope!
Love it.

Nameless King
is some serious horse shit. He feels like a Devil May Cry boss in a Souls game. Your shield is essentially useless since all his attacks deal lightning damage and will just cleave through your stamina and his thrusting spear grab will just go right through it like a regular grab, and it feels like you have to be *extremely* precise in your rolls in a way the rest of the game does not require. Most of the time I die is because I rolled a quarter second too late. This kind of execution isn't required for any other boss in the game

I've said a lot of enemies and bosses feel like Bloodborne enemies and bosses with their extreme speed and combo strings, yet you aren't really equipped properly with the tools to do that. Equip Load was changed up so you can roll well below 70% but
Nameless King
just feels like a chore.

Also you might as well give up on summoning for him since the area has so much traffic a sign could spawn under your feet and you would fail to summon a phantom. And the people you do summon either suck or will die instantly to the
King of the Storm's
aerial fire attack.

Coda

Just beat
Ancient Wyvern
. Seriously one of my favorite moments in this game. When I figured out that you supposed to
keep exploring the area to get to higher ground I was like,
"amazing". Really
easy but it tricked me so good into thinking it was going to be a traditional boss fight. Nope!
Love it.

For some reason that boss just glitch died on me. I was running to the top of the tower and it just died, I did have a summoned partner maybe he did something crazy, I dunno.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a performance thread somewhere? My game was stuttering really bad just now in one area, over and over and over. I left the area and it was STILL stuttering. Makes it super hard to kill stuff.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Really? Affecting stagger resistance during the last moments of a roll or an heavy attack?
I refuse to believe that this is how poise was intended in DS3. It just has to be bugged or got accidently deactivated or something. Because the way it currently "works" is so shitty.

That would be such a nonsensical and stupid implementation of poise I can't believe it. In every way inferior to how poise worked in the first game.
Stupid or not, I disagree that it's inferior because poise in DS1 was way stupider for the following reason:

I don't like how poise worked in DS1. I'd rather heavy armor just offer respectable resistances instead. The hyper armor I gain from using BKGA is incredibly useful enough as it is. Tanking hits while standing around, or chugging, has always been really dumb.
This. Fine ok if you shrug off dagger hits, but poise in DS1 was just too strong and too broken.

I died once to D
eacons
of the D
eep

How much of a scrub am I?
I died to them the first time because
I was playing it carefully like a Souls game, biding my time, checking for openings, avoiding hits. Then they started filling the room with a curse fog and I got cursed and died. xD

Went back, mashed mashed mashed almost blindly, and won in seconds. Stupid fight really.

DPB

Seriously, use a shield with high Lightning resistance. I used Havel's + Thunder Stoneplate Ring.

Made the fight much easier.

I used a Lothric Knight Shield, since it only needs 18 strength but it still has 100 physical resistance and very high lightning resistance.

Nameless King
is some serious horse shit. He feels like a Devil May Cry boss in a Souls game. Your shield is essentially useless since all his attacks deal lightning damage and will just cleave through your stamina and his thrusting spear grab will just go right through it like a regular grab, and it feels like you have to be *extremely* precise in your rolls in a way the rest of the game does not require. Most of the time I die is because I rolled a quarter second too late. This kind of execution isn't required for any other boss in the game

I've said a lot of enemies and bosses feel like Bloodborne enemies and bosses with their extreme speed and combo strings, yet you aren't really equipped properly with the tools to do that. Equip Load was changed up so you can roll well below 70% but
Nameless King
just feels like a chore.

Also you might as well give up on summoning for him since the area has so much traffic a sign could spawn under your feet and you would fail to summon a phantom. And the people you do summon either suck or will die instantly to the
King of the Storm's
aerial fire attack.

What system are you on? If it's PC I can help out in a couple of hours when I'm off of work. Summoning in that area is messed up because demand is too high.

Nameless King

Nameless King
just feels like a chore.

King of the Storm's
aerial fire attack.

I found the fight to be quite fair and, as mentioned earlier, easier than some of the earlier fights. He's nowhere near as aggressive as
Champion Gundyr
for example.

You just need to get the timing of your dodges perfect, bearing in mind that pretty much all of his attacks have a slow start up. Just watch him and hit roll as soon as he moves. If you know he's going to do a double, triple attack (trust me, you'll know, just learn his moves), then do two rolls instead of one.

Is there any downside to
giving the Eyes of a Firekeeper to the Shrine Maiden? I know it's a requirement for a "bad" ending, but I was wondering if it affects anything else.

Menome

Well, thought I had the final boss beaten, then
he gains a second whole health bar and basically turns into Gwyn. Absolutely annihilated me at that point.

Okay, so I'm looking at a couple of weapons to replace my Dark Sword just because it is boring and I hate it. Would any of these even come close to its power/efficiency?

Onikiri and Ubadachi
Washing Pole
Astora Greatsword
Lothric Knight Greatsword
Boss Greatswords (Wolf Knight, Farron, Profaned)

My stats are building toward quality fyi (35 STR 32 Dex)

Draper

Is there any downside to
giving the Eyes of a Firekeeper to the Shrine Maiden? I know it's a requirement for a "bad" ending, but I was wondering if it affects anything else.

Wait,
that was the bad ending I chose?
Felt like I put an end to suffering and corruption.

MilkBeard

hmm I wonder if I can clear up NG+ and NG++ without ever going over that 120 mark. at 100 right now and haven't really been raising my levels in NG+ since I want to be able to fight club once i get past Irithyl

Seems doable, if people can SL1 the main game. How's your bleed stat?

Well, thought I had the final boss beaten, then
he gains a second whole health bar and basically turns into Gwyn. Absolutely annihilated me at that point.

That was an incredible fight.
The first time that happened to me he instantly hit me with a seven-hit air combo while I was still reeling over hearing the first three notes of "Gwyn, Lord of Cinder".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom