• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you have it on the large throne at the centre as well.

I3htkVn.png

I'll be right back.

jonjonaug

Anri quest help please.

Ok so I didnt know we needed to draw out our true strength in order to get the best ending so Yoel died. Fine. Ive defeated Yhorm an went back to the catacombs after killing Horace and told Anri that Horace was at Smouldering Lake. She gave me the ring.

I then find her at the Chapel and talk to her and get a gesture. Does anyone know where Anri will be now? I went back to where I fought Horace and found a grave that Im assuming Anri made.

Well...that sorta depends.

There's a Pilgrim using the Chameleon spell in the church. If you didn't kill them there, you'll find Anri's body later on behind an illusory wall. If you did, you'll find a summon sign near the next Lord of Cinder boss that you can use to co-op in Anri's world to kill a boss.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wait, are we not allowed to play at all while this update is going on? PS4 btw.

edit - nvm i'm a dummy just had to select cancel to get to offline mode

Kazaam

what??? she's not going anywhere

I gave her some eyeballs but she didn't like them so I killed her and I think that's why she's not giving me the cutscene

Just to be sure, you have the following cinders placed each on their respective throne:
Abyss Watchers, Yhorm the Giant, Aldrich Devourer of Gods and on the big throne in the middle the cinders of Prince Lothric
?

2AdEPT

Wow, if this patch fixes the
Swordsman
glitch for
dancer
boss, man am I ever glad I started two new characters last night just make sure I got access before any stupid patches start taking it away. Got about 20 chunks 15 minutes after start up of each character! .....and wait for it.... Red
tearstone
......both characters are called minimaximus.....hyper mode for two complete playthroughs (minus Iodex and
dancer
of course) here I come!!!!

So is there an actual "best" or true ending or is it all a matter of taste here?

Still largely up to interpretation, but the different endings have different degrees of tone, I guess. One ends on a rather somber tone. One on a middling. And one on a rather awesome end. (At least in my opinion)

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Wow, if this patch fixes the
Swordsman
glitch for
dancer
boss, man am I ever glad I started two new characters last night just make sure I got access before any stupid patches start taking it away. Got about 20 chunks 15 minutes after start up of each character! .....and wait for it.... Red
tearstone
......both characters are called minimaximus.....hyper mode here I come!!!!

Would you care to explain this? Feel free to PM.

I am in desperate need of chunks.

RedSwirl

So from the beginning of
Anor Londoyou can see a bonfire at the top of a tower connected to the Church of Yorshka.
Been trying to figure out how to get there.

TitusTroy

question about Undead Settlement...

what is the requirement to get the Giant firing arrows to become your friend?...do you need one of those white branches in your inventory or is there something else that triggers him becoming friendly?

what is the requirement to get the Giant firing arrows to become your friend?...do you need one of those white branches in your inventory or is there something else that triggers him becoming friendly?

if you really wanna know

you gotta talk to him and be friendly

Acorn

pick up white branch then go talk to him and offer the branch to be bros.

zma1013

OMG. So many fucking garbage summons at the
Dancer of Boreal Valley
. I summon two, for whatever fucking reason one never enters or I get a "has gone home" message. If by some miracle I actually get them into the fight they die in the first minute or less. I tried ten times and finally said fuck this and quit for now.

And whose bright idea was it to transport me directly from one boss fight into another, straight from
Yhorm
to this. 65K in souls locked into the fucking boss fight until I can find some competent people to help. UGH.

Can you pick them up and homeward bone out of there?

2AdEPT

Would you care to explain this? Feel free to PM.

I am in desperate need of chunks.
If you kill the
lady
in the church opposite
Vordt
and walk in behind her the
dancer
fight starts. This isn't a glitch and is intended. It's almost impossible to beat
dancer
at low level even with decent help, but if you hire the
swordsman
(location to the right of
Vordt
door must have killed him in
firelink
) then he comes in to help. He will die the first go but if you quit out after he dies and come back after hiring him a second time he is invincible to regular attacks and heals the minor damage he takes from the AOE...Sit back, get 40000 souls and access to
Lothric Castle
early . . . you can go backward to the connecting levels as well.

As I said, I might have been just in time doing two new characters last night as this patch may correct this glitch . . . it's pretty bad (
godly
)

lionpants

Can someone explain this to me?

I have 28 STR, 40 DEX.

Weapon with no infusion: (C STR, C DEX) 200 + 148
Weapon with sharp infusion: (D STR, B DEX) 185 + 183
Weapon with refined infusion: (B STR, B DEX) 180 + 180 <- Why is this lower than sharp? Diminishing returns?

OMG. So many fucking garbage summons at the
Dancer of Boreal Valley
. I summon two, for whatever fucking reason one never enters or I get a "has gone home" message. If by some miracle I actually get them into the fight they die in the first minute or less. I tried ten times and finally said fuck this and quit for now.

And whose bright idea was it to transport me directly from one boss fight into another, straight from
Yhorm
to this. 65K in souls locked into the fucking boss fight until I can find some competent people to help. UGH.

there's this little item called homeward bone you can buy for 500

and that boss is slow as fuck in the first phase, pick up souls and homeward bone out. done.

Switch Back 9

Chaos blade has S dex scaling when upgraded.

Yeah I think I'm going to go hunt that down. The fact that it's a Katana, and depletes health is perfect for me as I had just perfected my Chikage build in Bloodborne before Ds3 came out.

Mephala

I3htkVn.png

I'll be right back.

This got me too. It was the P
rince's head
IIRC. Once that was placed I didn't even see the Firekeeper walk to the bonfire it was just there.

Pretty sure it's just not you getting to them fast enough, usually around boss areas there's plenty of people looking for help.

While I won't rule it out I don't think this is the case since it tries to summon, sometimes for a solid minute or two. After it fails the sign even reappears on the ground at times. :\

Man you had the Giant Dad in Dark Souls, Then the impossible to grind Monastery Scimitar in 2 and now you have the Estoc in 3. Why bother after that?

Fuck that duel-welding Katana, The Estoc is the PvP/PvE meta.

psychotron

Had an odd glitch keep happening tonight. Every time I fast traveled, it would show me as having poison, curse, etc. for a second or two, then go away.

Steel

Banned
*casually reading Fextralife wiki*

"The are you are now in has the hardest boss in the game"

Another time then

If it's talking about A
rchdragon
p
eak
that's up for interpretation. I can see how someone would have trouble with that boss though.

Man you had the Giant Dad in Dark Souls, Then the impossible to grind Monastery Scimitar in 2 and now you have the Estoc in 3. Why bother after that?

Fuck that duel-welding Katana, The Estoc is the PvP/PvE meta.

Curved swords pull their own weight too. And the dualwielding straightswords seem to work well for some. Hell, even curved ultra greatswords are pretty good.

Shame the servers are down. Just joined mound makers and it is a BLAST to invade as a mad dark spirit. Almost every invasion is 2v4 and it's amazing chaos. Got 4 vertebra shackles before the servers went down.

Also, the Lothric Knight Sword is amazing - that 110 crit damage + hornet ring = lots of 1 shot kill ripostes. Also the slightly longer reach on it is great for that thrusting moveset. Catch lots of people on the end of their rolls.

Knightslayer's Ring, Hornet Ring, Lloyd's Sword Ring and Chloranthy. Great combo for an aggressive playstyle. Hosts tend to panic and turtle when I rush in and start swinging at them, leading to lots of guard breaks with Knightslayer's ring.

Honorable duels are fun and all, and I still join fightclubs on some characters, but I think I've fallen in love with the Mound Makers covenant.

Knightslayer's Ring is definitely a must for shield busting.

Awesome end. Explain

(Ending Spoilers obviously)
I'll first list the other endings for comparison.

1.) Link the fire. This is the ending you're told to do through a bit of the game. It's the easiest to get, and it ends the most depressingly once you think about it. You link the first fire to your soul, but there is little fanfare. You clearly haven't extended the age of fire for very long. You've done very little, things are unlikely to change from the hell that you've had to brave to get here.

2.) End of Fire. This is slightly better as it presents a hope at something different. It seems to imply that this whole situation s a cycle of trying to snuff the flame and trying to rekindle it, so in the end, it may not matter, but hey, maybe this time it's different and things go well.

3.) Usurp the Fire. This quest involves multiple quests and is the hardest of the three. Here, you take the first flame, and rather than trying to extend it or snuff it out, you take it for yourself and take that power. I felt it was implied, that instead of leaving it to chance or the cyclical bs that has been plaguing the Dark Souls world, you get the power to make the decision. You are now in control of the fate of this world and the inhabitants. You start the "True Age of Man." You also walk out of the place like a badass with people bowing to you as their savior.
This was my interpretation of the endings at least.

Panda Rin

Turns out I got the wrong Carthus Sword...wanted the Greatsword instead.

Took me about 60 tries to finally have it drop from those pesky skeletons. Almost 2 hours of just farming.

MilkBeard

Had an odd glitch keep happening tonight. Every time I fast traveled, it would show me as having poison, curse, etc. for a second or two, then go away.
You must have some equipment that adds a little bit. If the weapon or armor is cursed, it will have a small status effect. The same thing happens when you put on rings that have status defenses.

Using a Hollow infusion will cause this to happen, for example.

Although, there was one time I remember where stats would show like that when I teleported to a new area. I can't remember if that was from weapons/armor.

Either way, check what you have equipped. One of those rings that has many stat defenses might cause that.

N
ameless King is finally down. I was determined to beat all DS3 bosses on my own this game. Took me 3 hours or so of playtime, and upgraded a couple weapons to try it. In the end I just had to stay back from him and bait his charge attacks.

You have any equipment that gives better resistance to that stuff? My wolf knight great shield does the same thing, but it's because it offers better resistance to those things.

(Ending Spoilers obviously)
I'll first list the other endings for comparison.

1.) Link the fire. This is the ending you're told to do through a bit of the game. It's the easiest to get, and it ends the most depressingly once you think about it. You link the first fire to your soul, but there is little fanfare. You clearly haven't extended the age of fire for very long. You've done very little, things are unlikely to change from the hell that you've had to brave to get here.

2.) End of Fire. This is slightly better as it presents a hope at something different. It seems to imply that this whole situation s a cycle of trying to snuff the flame and trying to rekindle it, so in the end, it may not matter, but hey, maybe this time it's different and things go well.

3.) Usurp the Fire. This quest involves multiple quests and is the hardest of the three. Here, you take the first flame, and rather than trying to extend it or snuff it out, you take it for yourself and take that power. I felt it was implied, that instead of leaving it to chance or the cyclical bs that has been plaguing the Dark Souls world, you get the power to make the decision. You are now in control of the fate of this world and the inhabitants. You start the "True Age of Man." You also walk out of the place like a badass with people bowing to you as their savior.
This was my interpretation of the endings at least.

Welp i think only 1 and 2 are open to me now.
So ill go 2 and go for the 3rd in NG+ cause yeah that sounds dope.
Unless somehow 3 is still open to me now.
Ive been everywhere and killed every boss except the last.
I havent spoken to that NPC who lvls you even once.

lionpants

Can someone explain this to me?

I have 28 STR, 40 DEX.

Weapon with no infusion: (C STR, C DEX) 200 + 148
Weapon with sharp infusion: (D STR, B DEX) 185 + 183
Weapon with refined infusion: (B STR, B DEX) 180 + 180 <- Why is this lower than sharp? Diminishing returns?
No one knows?

Welp i think only 1 and 2 are open to me now.
So ill go 2 and go for the 3rd in NG+ cause yeah that sounds dope.
Unless somehow 3 is still open to me now.
Ive been everywhere and killed every boss except the last.
I havent spoken to that NPC who lvls you even once.

Yeah, for the third ending,
the guy who gives "free levels" is the first step.

Switch Back 9

If you kill the
lady
in the church opposite
Vordt
and walk in behind her the
dancer
fight starts. This isn't a glitch and is intended. It's almost impossible to beat
dancer
at low level even with decent help, but if you hire the
swordsman
(location to the right of
Vordt
door must have killed him in
firelink
) then he comes in to help. He will die the first go but if you quit out after he dies and come back after hiring him a second time he is invincible to regular attacks and heals the minor damage he takes from the AOE...Sit back, get 40000 souls and access to
Lothric Castle
early . . . you can go backward to the connecting levels as well.

As I said, I might have been just in time doing two new characters last night as this patch may correct this glitch . . . it's pretty bad (
godly
)

Holy shit.

Should have tried this.

i hear it has shit base damage though. The Scythe that has S scaling with dex is shitty as fuck in damage.

I see.

So then both weapons that S scale are shit. Fuck me why did I bother with a dex build...

MilkBeard

i hear it has shit base damage though. The Scythe that has S scaling with dex is shitty as fuck in damage.

It's pretty good actually, especially if infuse the regular Great Scythe with Hollow or Sharp. Bleed effect adds extra damage. There are curious ways to boost the damage.

Equipping a Hollow infused shield for example, will boost your luck. So a Hollow Infused Scythe maxed with a Maxed Hollow Shield and Dex and/or Strength rings gives good damage. Scythes work well in certain scenarios when you want to outrange most weapons. I've found it quite useful so far.

MilkBeard

Holy shit.

Should have tried this.

I see.

So then both weapons that S scale are shit. Fuck me why did I bother with a dex build...

They're not shit at all, actually. You can make short work of the Boreal Dancer Knights without getting a scratch. They actually do good poise break damage too.

You can also get several more swings out of a stamina bar compared to Katanas and other weapons.

Sometimes doing the absolute most damage is not always the best tactic. If you can stunlock your enemy from a distance then you have a pretty good command of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom