• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

I am in the road of sac or w/e..,swamps and giant crabs - I do little damage now =(

Anyways I don't really pay much attention to covenants but what is the difference between way of blue and blue sentinels?

Am I missing something by not really paying attention.
Read the item descriptions of the covenant items and it will tell you what they do. They are related.
Way of blue is a covenant where you get protector summons to come and help when you get invaded. Blue Sentinels are the blue summons that come to help people in Way of the Blue.

dock

50 hours in (!!) with K
horm the Giant
felled, this is by far the most fun I've had with any Souls game. No shortage of difficult sections but never getting so stuck or faced with grinding (hello Bloodborne vials, and Dark Souls log forest grind loop). Really amazing. I hope I don't run into any major stopping points.

I feel like I should take a break though as I'm playing a lot, and it's so easy to keep playing.

Figments

Ugh. Can someone help me?
I can't seem to find Hawkwood's summon sign outside the Consumed King boss fight. The fextralife wiki says he's in the courtyard out front, but I see nothing and I'm starting to think it's lying.

2AdEPT

Trying to see if I can't roll back my save or something so I don't have to use the Circlet. Seems utterly stupid since even when it's a 4 versus 1 gank squad I never disconnect.

EDIT: Phew, it seems I was able to revert to a previous save where I wasn't soft banned. Good thing I've been keeping tons of back up saves after my save got corrupted and I lost 20 hours. (Half of that time was spent PvPing and cooping and the other half was actual gameplay that I was easily about to make up in about 3 or 4 hours)

Double EDIT:
Just to be super safe I'll roll back to my save from before I started PvPing today to not risk it. There go all those Pale Tongues though. Really soured on even trying to do regular invasions anymore, and Fight Clubs aren't as fun as I like the thrill of the "hunt"...

has anyone found a good save editor? I usually use gamesave manager but they havent updated in a while and ds3 wasnt supported....at least last I checked?

edit : just checked and it works now...much better than fooling around with the saves in an unwieldy windows menu.

Ugh. Can someone help me?
I can't seem to find Hawkwood's summon sign outside the Consumed King boss fight. The fextralife wiki says he's in the courtyard out front, but I see nothing and I'm starting to think it's lying.
Not the sunken area with the knights, but the raised part right before that.

He only showed up on my first run, don't know what I did to get him there.

Jamaro85

I knew I've been saving all of these special arrows and greatarrows all game for a reason. I literally just burned through every arrow I've picked up since the beginning of the game, as well as probably 70 standard arrows to kill
the dragons flanking the bridge in upper Lothric Castle. Thankfully just killing the one on the left killed BOTH of them. I didn't want to spend another 20 minutes lining up shots waiting for the dragon to remain still. I had 8 arrows left when the dragons finally died and have no idea what I'd have done if I ran out first.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Regarding the melee weapon, I thought I'd eventually level Faith enough to swap out the raw infused sword for a blessed one, but even with my Faith now well above 30, a similarly upgraded raw weapon is still way better.
Yeah. 24 faith here and my raw claymore is still way better than a blessed-infused one. WTF?

HP regen doesn't seem that good.

I'm trying to do a faith/str melee build (no pyros or hexes), using a big sword infused with blessed and miracles, but so far it's disappointing.

Even if raw is slightly better at AR, I wouldn't mind for the HP regen but it's really way, way stronger.

Anyone experimented with blessed gems to see if that infusion is worth a damn on a weapon? At 40 faith maybe? :S

"As multiplayer sessions have repeatedly ended in an improper manner, the connection between worlds has been severed. Connection can only be restored with a Way of White Circlet."

So wait a minute, I get punished for hosts who disconnect?!
What the fuck, that can't be right.

Speaking of those circlets, how do you even get more? I only ever had the one I started with. Never needed to use it, but now I guess it'd be good to know...

Bogeypop

has anyone found a good save editor? I usually use gamesave manager but they havent updated in a while and ds3 wasnt supported....at least last I checked?

I just grab the save file from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII and keep a bunch of them everytime I make progress and delete older ones as I get farther in the game.

What the fuck, that can't be right.

Speaking of those circlets, how do you even get more? I only ever had the one I started with. Never needed to use it, but now I guess it'd be good to know...

Apparently it is since as soon as it happened I went and checked the wiki about how soft bans are handled. Even his friends he kept summoning probably got soft banned too. You get one Circlet and only one per character.

I knew I've been saving all of these special arrows and greatarrows all game for a reason. I literally just burned through every arrow I've picked up since the beginning of the game, as well as probably 70 standard arrows to kill
the dragons flanking the bridge in upper Lothric Castle. Thankfully just killing the one on the left killed BOTH of them. I didn't want to spend another 20 minutes lining up shots waiting for the dragon to remain still. I had 8 arrows left when the dragons finally died and have no idea what I'd have done if I ran out first.

There was another way. Two in fact.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You quoted the wrong person, but... OK, thanks for the info. That's fucked if you get punished for DCing host...

That hasn't happened to me so far though, I had hosts DC on me as an Aldrich invader and nothing happened. :S

BraXzy

One thing in still overwhelmed by/a boy clueless about is stat choices and weapons. I currently have a regular broadsword, I assume I don't want to reinforce it or anything?

I'm currently putting stats into Vigor, Endurance and strength but I could be doing it all wrong.

Cyborg

I so hate invaders who start losing the battle and then start using tough enemies to help them.

What a pussy, and yes you to if you do this! If you invade be brave enough to fight alone

Yuuuuuupppp! But exciting times. I've been going real slow, partly because I suck, partly because I'm intimidated by anything that moves haha. Very happy to have got him for on my fourth try.

Image of my health (spoiler)

I still don't feel wholly confident with the game yet. I played a decent amount of Bloodborne way back and I feel like in that game I felt competent at this point,dealing with trash mobs with ease. Still not there yet with this. Would people say this is a harder game? Or do I just need to git gud? xD

Don't worry, Bloodborne is a different beast (heh) because of the more aggressive playstyle (no shield, health regen) and the different 'parry' system. I think it's really just different strengths and I had a lot more trouble with BB.

One thing in still overwhelmed by/a boy clueless about is stat choices and weapons. I currently have a regular broadsword, I assume I don't want to reinforce it or anything?

I'm currently putting stats into Vigor, Endurance and strength but I could be doing it all wrong.

The only 'rule' that I have is to lvl up the stat you're going to be scaling on the weapon. Check the broadsword scaling, if it's good on strength, keep at it. Or, otherwise, if you're leaning towards strength, you can infuse it with a Heavy Gem (pretty sure) and it should bump up the scaling on it. You don't need to reinforce it until a bit later, when titanite shards are much more plentiful.

How far am I from the ending? I beat D
ancer of the
B
oreal
V
alley
and I'm in the area that immediately follows after.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished my first session with the game. Beat the first boss and got the
Uchi
from that annoying dude near
Firelink Shrine
. The first boss was pretty cool, although it took me a while to get used to his moveset. His swings come out a lot later than you'd expect given how long his windup is, and my fireballs made short work of his second form which seems weak to fire. I also used my fireballs to kill
Uchi guy
, basically dancing around at enough of a distance from him to make him walk backwards slowly and then firing away.

I'm only an hour in but I'm pretty happy with my choice to roll Pyro already!

SRTtoZ

Got invaded again and the guy's character didn't even move, all he did was GLIDE the entire time and all I saw was my life draining, but he wasn't swinging at me. This is so inferior compared to DS2 MP wise.

Brakke

Banned

Heh. The real solution to that is cool, too bad you missed it.

Brakke

Banned
Do tell me....? I also chased
the dragon
away with arrows, he just packed his stuff and flyed away

If you can get around to the back,
there's one of those Dark Slime Monsters like erupted out of Gundyr at the start, apparently controlling / reanimating the dead corpse of the dragon. You kill that and the dragon just fades.

Do tell me....? I also chased
the dragon
away with arrows, he just packed his stuff and flyed away

Damn, I'm just too slow today. I was disappointed in the High Wall one though. No soul or anything for that? Also sad we don't get to straight up fight one of the
Butterfly Pilgrims

Banzai

What are Blue Sentinel/BoD level range and location hot spots? Are there any?

Anyway, I'm playing my Sorcery build and having a lot of fun with it. Who said magic is weak in this game? I'm only up to Cathedral of the Deep so maybe the real tough parts are yet to come.

To other magic players: Which weapon did you infuse with a crystal gem? Recommendations? I'm using the crystal long sword +3 for now and it's fine, but maybe there are better options. Love how it rips through peoples shields, I'm winning 4/5 Watchdog invasions.

Shamelessly quoting myself until I get answers.

Shamelessly quoting myself until I get answers.

Can't help too much, but I am pretty certain you can get summoned into any location no matter where you are. I was summoned from an endgame area earlier tonight to the High Wall. So where you end up seems to depend on where the host is located. Level wise, I don't know myself.

Floody

I so hate invaders who start losing the battle and then start using tough enemies to help them.

What a pussy, and yes you to if you do this! If you invade be brave enough to fight alone

I always keep a
Seed of a Giant Tree
for them, nothing more satisfying then watching them get destroyed, just after the get their confidence back.

Vaporak

Why would you not want to reinforce it? Do you like the moveset and can use it? Then spend the titnite, not much to really think about here. You'll get a lot bigger returns on your souls by upgrading weapons than you will on levels.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sorcerers, help!

What should I use
Oceiros
's soul on?
White Dragon Breath, or the Moonlight Greatsword
?

If the spell is bad I'll go with the weapon 'cause it's just too tempting and that is
just the classic Souls weapon
, you know...? But if the spell is really really good... ahhh!

Upgrading equipment is much more important than levels. If you like using the broadsword (it's moveset, speed, attack length, etc.), by all means upgrade it! Every weapon is viable in DS.

Here's a little tip though after watching someone use broadsword as their main in a twitch stream: it's an absolute beast if you infuse it with a heavy gem (dunno if you can do that yet though) and reinforce it

If course, using a weapon you love using and are most comfortable with is the most important thing. Because again, every weapon is viable when you upgrade it and infuse it towards the scaling it's naturally good at.

Maddrical

I wouldn't worry about hoarding titanite for future weapons, you get a LOT of shards/large shards eventually, and the difference a weapon upgrade makes is very significant.

Sorcerers, help!

What should I use
Oceiros
's soul on?
?

If the spell is bad I'll go with the weapon 'cause it's just too tempting and that is

I didn't think the spell looked too hot:

https://youtu.be/xIpmSaE6oUY?t=743

The sword I ended up using for the end game, but at that point (and a little while before actually) I was so invested in spell casting I barely used it.

So I guess I'm saying they're both worthless in a way!

This was for PVE. A PVP perspective is probably very different.

co1onel

I wish it would give you higher level upgrade materials earlier on in ng+. Or just let me keep the ashes. It sucks getting a new weapon but not even being able to use it because I can't upgrade it high enough for ng+

Seyavesh

Sorcerers, help!

What should I use
Oceiros
's soul on?
?

MLGS is really good and gets boosted with magic clutch + dusk crown to go up to 600 AR at +5. it does comparable damage to equal STR/DEX stat investment other greatswords with the bonus of a stronger stance attack and the charged R2 shots doing a fuckton of damage (400~)

white dragon breath is still worse than great heavy magic missile

what-ok

Just finished the last fight and want the
hollow
ending. How am I supposed to wrestle the
flame
from the mantle or whatever?

Tingle

Just finished the last fight and want the
hollow
ending. How am I supposed to wrestle the
flame
from the mantle or whatever?

The option will still be
"Link the Flame" by the bonfire
, you just have to make sure you followed the questline up to that point.

Cyrano

Sorcerers, help!

What should I use
Oceiros
's soul on?
?

Neither of them are very useful, sadly.
Soul Stream
is a much better bang for your buck if you need a damage spell.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks for the responses everyone. This clinches it:
MLGS is really good and gets boosted with magic clutch + dusk crown to go up to 600 AR at +5. it does comparable damage to equal STR/DEX stat investment other greatswords with the bonus of a stronger stance attack and the charged R2 shots doing a fuckton of damage (400~)

white dragon breath is still worse than great heavy magic missile
Okay.
MLGS
it is. Even if it's not that good, it seems decent at least, plus it's iconic as fuck, whereas I don't need another crappy disappointing spell.

Tingle

Where Can I buy it?

Not sure if it can be bought with certain ashes, but you can find one every once in a while by examing the giant tree outside fireling shrine, near the door you need the tower key for.

To add to what Banzai said, it can't ever be bought, and it spawns by the giant tree after you have been invaded I don't know if its random or always. You can't farm it by using summoning signs either, I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom