• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Berry

Banned
Should I kill the
firekeeper
after giving
her
those
eye balls?

Are there consequences for doing so and does
she
respawn?

KHlover

Banned
Anyone got an idea how to get to that Gollum-looking thing in
Boreal Valley
? I've been running all over the place but haven't found a way to reach it yet.

Anyone got an idea how to get to that Gollum-looking thing in Boreal Valley? I've been running all over the place but haven't found a way to reach it yet.

IIRC

If you're talking about the thing behind the gate, there's an illusory wall on the railing of some stairs on the exit left on the main road before the Church bonfire. *Note, this is on the main road leading up to the huge gate, not the road immediately before the church. If you've reached the church, you've gone too far. Be careful though, U turns are illegal unless marked otherwise.

So, Fa
rron Keep
area ... going by the name alone, i somehow expected something else than a freaking sw
amp, that constantly poisons you
... and then, surprise
the goold old cursing Basilisks ambush
. Boy, i hate those things, forever scarred by Dark Souls 1 Depths ...

Does using Purging Stones affect any quest lines? Im asking it because it resets my hollowing to zero.
I think they break the Londor questline with Yoel and Yuria for the rest of the playthrough.

fozzy

What are those big gates for in the cathedral that you can raise and lower with levers?

I can't find the lever for one of them. I've killed all the enemies around them.

2AdEPT

I just grab the save file from C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII and keep a bunch of them everytime I make progress and delete older ones as I get farther in the game.

Game save manager now supports Dark souls III...PRaise the sun for making it easier to re-do stuff for videos and never losing massive amounts of souls anymore! (in addition to avoiding soft bans etc.)

What are those big gates for in the cathedral that you can raise and lower with levers?

I can't find the lever for one of them. I've killed all the enemies around them.

Just blocks a giant from progressing but you can move underneath and dodge the attacks and return to safe ground to heal etc. Also they are
pretty wide on top
...thats it no more hints.

The lever you are looking for must be accessed later in the level. If you put your summon sign down and get summoned by someone who has both church short cut doors open you will get to see all areas that you missed....how to get to secret zones etc.

Menome

Does using Purging Stones affect any quest lines? Im asking it because it resets my hollowing to zero.

So, Fa
rron Keep
area ... going by the name alone, i somehow expected something else than a freaking sw
amp, that constantly poisons you
... and then, surprise
the goold old cursing Basilisks ambush
. Boy, i hate those things, forever scarred by Dark Souls 1 Depths ...

I think they break the Londor questline with Yoel and Yuria for the rest of the playthrough.

Purging Stones are fine. Just don't heal the Dark Sigil if you want that quest.

Cyborg

You can also find one (maybe more? Have only checked it once) in the U
ntended
G
raves
at the Giant Tree, but the F
irelink
one is should keep you supplied.

Thanx man, no more pussy invaders using NPC's to do their shitty work.

First phase of N
ameless
K
ing______
is really making me want to give up on the entire boss. It is a great challenge but also not a very fun boss to slog through, which is rare for me to say.

Rottmer

Neo Member
Should I kill the
firekeeper
after giving
her
those
eye balls?

Are there consequences for doing so and does
she
respawn?

She respawns and you get back the eyes. She even says so in the dialog to simply kill her if you wish to change this decision.

Floody

First phase of N
ameless
K
ing______
is really making me want to give up on the entire boss. It is a great challenge but also not a very fun boss to slog through, which is rare for me to say.

If you just want to beat him to get the goodies he blocks,
the guy becomes a complete joke if you just use a range weapon against him, upgrade a crossbow a bit and he's very easy, really boring though

2AdEPT

First phase of N
ameless
K
ing______

someone said on the last page that he was prone to
ranged attacks.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bosses are a real roller coaster in this game so far, between the highs and the lows

Like when you go from the D
eacons of the Deep
that sucked, into the A
byss Watchers
which was a really awesome fight, into the H
igh Lord Wolfnir
that suuuuck again.

I'm expecting the next boss I encounter to be really great, though it probably depends on where I go next
down low, or over the bridge

KHlover

Banned
IIRC

If you're talking about the thing behind the gate, there's an illusory wall on the railing of some stairs on the exit left on the main road before the Church bonfire. *Note, this is on the main road leading up to the huge gate, not the road immediately before the church. If you've reached the church, you've gone too far. Be careful though, U turns are illegal unless marked otherwise.

Found it. Thanks

Randam

First phase of N
ameless
K
ing______

first phase is pretty easy and over in under 30 seconds or so.

second phase I get killed in 10 seconds though..

someone said on the last page that he was prone to
I just tried ranged attacks but it just moves around too much to make it any less frustrating. It's just not a fun time trying to keep track of it regardless of whether the camera is locked or unlocked.

Tak3n

Banned
anyone else getting this...when I launch it says I need to update, then kicks me to offline? but there is nothing downloading in the steam client for this?

edit...I see on steam forums there is a 2 hour downtime

Banzai

first phase is pretty easy and over in under 30 seconds or so.

second phase I get killed in 10 seconds though..

First phase in 30 seconds? I'm calling bullshit on this one. It's not hard once you get the hang of it but you still have to wait for the head to be in reach.

Randam

game tells me, there is an update avaiable. but steam won't download anything.
can only play in offline mode now..

May I interest you in a Lothric Knight Shield +9 ?

because of the good lightning resistance?

but I can't block much anyways..

First phase in 30 seconds? I'm calling bullshit on this one. It's not hard once you get the hang of it but you still have to wait for the head to be in reach.

maybe it is a minute, but pretty fast.

Footos22

Getting summoned constantly for aldritch faithful.

1 more to go and that's that cov done for me. don't care about the top reward just want that spell.

love that area too is so fun to fight in. especially when it goes 2v2

KHlover

Banned
game tells me, there is an update avaiable. but steam won't download anything.
can only play in offline mode now..

because of the good lightning resistance?

but I can't block much anyways..

maybe it is a minute, but pretty fast.

Shield itself for the res, yeah. +9 because that way you can actually block full combos (with enough END).

OT:

Was about to pay 400k souls to cure my hollowing, then I remembered I actually wanted to start NG+ soon and will be cured anyways. Thanks, brain.

Would about 1 min starting from walking into the fog gate to the first phase hp reaching 0 be more believable?

First phase of N
ameless
K
ing______

do you have a long weapon leveled up? even if you do less damage, the first phase will be more bearable. just switch in 2nd phase.

Thanks for the responses everyone. This clinches it:

Okay.
MLGS
it is. Even if it's not that good, it seems decent at least, plus it's iconic as fuck, whereas I don't need another crappy disappointing spell.

I went with the sword because my INT isn't high enough to use the spell (and the spell was crap in DS1). It's a great weapon. I upgraded it to +5 and I'm killing invaders left and right, whereas I struggled before. I hate that INT builds always get the short end of the stick, but MLGS is always great. It just sucks that you only get it so late in all the games (or even NG+ only in DS2).

fozzy

Game save manager now supports Dark souls III...PRaise the sun for making it easier to re-do stuff for videos and never losing massive amounts of souls anymore! (in addition to avoiding soft bans etc.)

Just blocks a giant from progressing but you can move underneath and dodge the attacks and return to safe ground to heal etc. Also they are
pretty wide on top
...thats it no more hints.

The lever you are looking for must be accessed later in the level. If you put your summon sign down and get summoned by someone who has both church short cut doors open you will get to see all areas that you missed....how to get to secret zones etc.

Thank you!

Audioboxer

The game got an update to 1.04 and the server side got an update to 1.06, but the notes aren't updated in game yet and is still about the April 18th one (at least when I checked a couple hours ago).

There are some notes here, but the extent of the balance changes aren't listed: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

Cheers, found some more info

From Official DS Facebook:
A new version and a new regulation version of Dark Souls III will be deployed on Thursday, April 28th.
The version update will require a downtime, which will happen at the following times :
PS4 – Mignight to 2am UK Time
XB1 – Midnight to 6am UK Time
PC – 7am to 9 am UK Time
The 1.04 version will include the following changes:
• Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
• Conditions for optional events is eased.
• Conditions to getConvent Name Spoiler: is eased.
• If they haven’t visited the Location Spoiler: , players will not be teleported there.
• Kicks cannot be parried.
• The Boss Name Spoiler: will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
• The Boss Name Spoiler: won’t die before the battle.
• NPC Spoiler: will no longer gesture unintendedly.
• NPC Story Spoiler: once conditions are met.
• If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
• The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
• Items, bonfire and the “Quit Game” option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
• If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
• Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.
The Regulation version 1.06 will not require any downtime and will include the following changes:
• The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
• The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
• Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.
Embrace the Darkness!

Randam

well, because I could play online and there for continue with my coop playthrough, I loaded up my first character and beat Nameless King on my 3rd try.

I already beat the last boss. would should I do, befor starting NG+?

Cyrano

Cheers, found some more info

From Official DS Facebook:
A new version and a new regulation version of Dark Souls III will be deployed on Thursday, April 28th.
The version update will require a downtime, which will happen at the following times :
PS4 – Mignight to 2am UK Time
XB1 – Midnight to 6am UK Time
PC – 7am to 9 am UK Time
The 1.04 version will include the following changes:
• Item collection during multiplayer while accessing NPC and Covenant Alter is now working as intended.
• Conditions for optional events is eased.
• Conditions to getConvent Name Spoiler: is eased.
• If they haven’t visited the Location Spoiler: , players will not be teleported there.
• Kicks cannot be parried.
• The Boss Name Spoiler: will appropriately re-appear even after he has warped.
• The Boss Name Spoiler: won’t die before the battle.
• NPC Spoiler: will no longer gesture unintendedly.
• NPC Story Spoiler: once conditions are met.
• If the player is equipped with a ring that increases Max HP, stats will now be properly reflected when opening the equipment screen.
• The voice chat icon will now be displayed properly under the covenant panel.
• Items, bonfire and the “Quit Game” option are now appropriately active even when disconnecting online.
• If the game disconnects during a multiplayer session, it will no longer crash and return to the title screen.
• Other issues causing crashes and returning to the title screen have been fixed.
• Adjustments of the balance of game, improvements of performance and various bug fixes. have been made.
The Regulation version 1.06 will not require any downtime and will include the following changes:
• The range of the matching level of the Blade of the Darkmoon and the Blue Sentinels have been adjusted.
• The efficiency of the following categories has been adjusted: Short Sword, Twinsword and Magic.
• Other game balance improvement and bug fixes.
Embrace the Darkness!
Very curious about what more efficient means. Hope they didn't nerf the damage, since that was the only thing magic had going for it.

SeanTSC

Anyone know exactly what swords fall under Short Swords? It doesn't look like the main Straight Sword that I use was changed. And I wonder if those are nerfs or buffs.

pa22word

Anyone know exactly what swords fall under Short Swords? It doesn't look like the main Straight Sword that I use was changed. And I wonder if those are nerfs or buffs.
Straight swords in general are pretty op at the moment. It just seems most people ignore the category in general because dark sword is such an obvious broken example that all the attention gets focused on it >.>

SeanTSC

Straight swords in general are pretty op at the moment. It just seems most people ignore the category in general because dark sword is such an obvious broken example that all the attention gets focused on it >.>

Ah, I don't use that one, since it didn't actually seem better than the S
unlight
Straight Sword.

SRTtoZ

Yea I can't login but patch should still be applied offline right?

Tested my spells and they still feel the same. Soul spear still hitting for the same amount and it costs the same amount of FP.

Cyrano

Yea I can't login but patch should still be applied offline right?

Tested my spells and they still feel the same. Soul spear still hitting for the same amount and it costs the same amount of FP.
Servers are still down, probably will be at least another hour. As for the patch, if you restarted the game after the message and got the new 1.04 as your version, it should be updated.

Maybe not all spells were changed? Maybe Miracles were changed? They seemed to be the spells, and to a certain extent Pyromancies, in need of more drastic changes. No reason to use lightning spells at what they cost in 1.03.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
unlight
Straight Sword.

That's because the one you mention is actually a better weapon with high str/dex. Refined Dark has a marginally higher AR for the same base stats, but the weapon art isn't nearly so useful and its slower to swing.

pa22word

unlight
Straight Sword.

Personally I tend to fall under the "straight swords aren't busted, greatswords just don't work anymore because you broke poise" line of thinking. Granted, Dark Sword probably needs to be knocked down a few pegs, but nerfing straight swords doesn't really fix the core problem of why straight sword users are stunlocking people with ultra greatswords to death; poise being broken is what did that.

Ferr986

Servers are still down, probably will be at least another hour. As for the patch, if you restarted the game after the message and got the new 1.04 as your version, it should be updated.

Maybe not all spells were changed? Maybe Miracles were changed? They seemed to be the spells, and to a certain extent Pyromancies, in need of more drastic changes. No reason to use lightning spells at what they cost in 1.03.

Isn't the spell and weapons changes with 1.06 calibration?
The patch is totally different, it's the 1.04 patch. Patch and calibrations are a different thing. You won't get 1.06 till the servers are online I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom