• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
They are there, but a lot of them are tied to sidequest, and are usually a bit away from the boss room.

I must not be paying as close attention as I thought. Haven't needed help yet (Abyss Watchers was close but I got them) so it never crossed my mind, but I just beat
Wolnir
earlier tonight and I've noticed a good few people on here saying the boss difficulty starts to ramp up not too long after him.

Are there many actual character side quests in the game? Only one I can really think of is Anri. Haven't came across many other characters out and about in the world, apart from the odd one-off meeting, like with Siegward.

Floody

I must not be paying as close attention as I thought. Haven't needed help yet (Abyss Watchers was close but I got them) so it never crossed my mind, but I just beat
Wolnir
earlier tonight and I've noticed a good few people on here saying the boss difficulty starts to ramp up not too long after him.

Are there many actual character side quests in the game? Only one I can really think of is Anri. Haven't came across many other characters out and about in the world, apart from the odd one-off meeting, like with Siegward.

There's around 8 or 9 NPC side quest, easy to miss a part and screw them up though.

Wolnir

A
nri
S
iegward
S
irris
L
eonhard
and a few others all have their own side quests.

zashga

I'm getting a lot of "network connection errors" while doing purple phantom invasions in undead settlement. Probably 20% of my invasions instantly disconnect as soon as the level loads. Makes me wonder if that many people really just plug pull the instant they get invaded, or if the matchmaking is just flaky.

They won't stop me from getting 30 shackles either way. Last night I got 3 phantom kills (back to back to back) in a fight club and got 2 shackles for my trouble. Probably my proudest DS3 PVP moment so far.

It's also pretty fun when you manage to beat a 2- or 3-on-1 gank. I'm not good enough to do that most of the time, though.

Toxi

Banned
So, have many other people seen that the "miniboss"
Stray Demon
can have
its legs shattered and change to a completely new moveset? Like Laurence in Bloodborne, basically. You seem to cause this with R2-only hits to the thighs.

I thought this was an insane amount of work put into what is basically a one-off enemy.
I noticed that too. Wouldn't mind seeing some more of them in the DLC.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
There's around 8 or 9 NPC side quest, easy to miss a part and screw them up though.

Yeah, think I've probably missed a few by now. I mean....
Sirris?...Leonard?

who?

Toxi

Banned
A
byss
W
atchers
down on my first attempt. I thought that was supposed to be a hard fight? I even died to the D
eacons
once, and found every other earlier boss much harder.

The
first phase was a bit tough, I guess, because I sometimes had to fight two at once. Found the second phase really easy though.
Maybe I just had a suitable build? I'm playing shield-less, holding my weapon in both hands and dodging everything. Maybe that's the best way to fight them?

Anyway is there a lore reason for why
they were fighting each other? It would have made sense if they were fighting some darkwraiths or whatever. Maybe they started seeing the Abyss everywhere, even in former comrades?

Anyway, cool fight, even if I found it easy
That's exactly what happened.

Also, yeah, it's a really easy fight, but it was super fun and the music is ace.

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h15b4/for_those_who_still_think_poise_has_an_effect/

Another new discovery. Poise has absolutely zero effect, and doesn't even effect any buffs that prevent staggering. Hyperarmor determined by equip load

I have no idea what FromSoft is doing with poise. Either it was a last-minute change, they messed up and somehow haven't noticed it (very unlikely), or they must be fine-tuning it for later. What really bugs be is the lack of transparency.

Mafro

Emailed Bamco support about the online multiplayer no longer working for me on PS4 and they asked for my Steam ID. Great job.

SDR-UK

Oh man you're the best! Unfortunately I'm on the ps4 :( Greatly appreciate it, though.

Anyone on the ps4 willing to give me that crystal rapier? Please pm me if you're down, I really want to leave the farming to a NG round.

I'll drop it. Where can you summon?

Also password: NGAF and worldwide.

Floody

Yeah, think I've probably missed a few by now. I mean....
Sirris?...Leonard?

who?

They pop up at F
irelink
every now and then. S
irris
quest line fails if you join R
osaria's
Fi
ngers
, and you need to join them to to finish L
eonard's
so you can probably still do one of them.

Only giving Rosaria a Tongue for anything, or equipping the covenant will fail the questline. You can still accept the covenant item, just never equip it and also never give Rosaria any tongues, even for a re-spec

Oh, didn't know that, I just equip the c
ovenant
once I found it and then saw her at F
irelink, and she said we're enemies now
. Thanks for the info.

LogicStep

I'm kinda tempted to try faith str again after getting that fume sword. Reading that post above about faith reignited my faith in it (sorry). But I'm thinking 50 str and 50 faith will leave very little for other stats.. So I'm not sure if that would work well at all..

la_briola

I just had encountered the biggest lagswitcher yet.

Even the knights were confused.
jugg-dizzy.gif

They pop up at F
irelink
every now and then. S
irris
quest line fails if you join R
osaria's
Fi
ngers
, and you need to join them to to finish L
eonard's
so you can probably still do one of them.

Only giving Rosaria a Tongue for anything, or equipping the covenant will fail the questline. You can still accept the covenant item, just never equip it and also never give Rosaria any tongues, even for a re-spec

Just beat the game and chose to link the fire. Total play time: 93 hours. Yea.. I was addicted to online play for a bit :p

Great game but with a few annoying bits. For now, I think I'd rank them Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2. I'd have to test out a lot of other weapons and spells to form a final opinion.

Wondering if I should just watch the other endings on YouTube or do more playthroughs and get them myself first. Hmm..

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guys there is a dark moon event going on right now for all platforms.

Night of the Darkmoons

Also learned hosts getting to the boss gives blue bros the reward, also get a double reward for killing Aldrich faithful just like Red bros get a forked tongue for killing blues.

Get out there and take advantage of the pvp frenzy!

Sande

Are you in the area after
Pontiff boss
? Don't be in ember form unless you want invasions 24/7, the covenant for there searches for ANYONE going through to invade

Only in 2 areas.

Figured as much. I knew it was a hotspot but I've never encountered bullshit like that before. 2 is manageable but with 3 you might as well jump off a cliff. I actually tried summoning people while running for my life but of course every attempt failed.

Audioboxer

It's actually impressive the variety of Bleed weapons there are, only a couple of weapon categories don't have at least one Bleed weapon.

Yeah it's a decent enough arsenal for variety.

By the way anyone want to agree the dogs can be some of the most annoying little shits in these games? Haha. They clearly programmed their AI just to be bastards.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Holy fuck.

The whole d
ragon shrine
area is a massive pain in the ass, but I just beat the N
ameless King
fight on my third try, no summons. The first two times I died on his first form, but on the third I managed to kill both forms relatively easily. With all the talks of it being the hardest boss in the game, I surely feel more confident in my abilities now! Also, that boss fight goes full fucking anime. It's crazy.

To put it in perspective, I immediately jumped to the U
ntended Graves
and fought C
hampion Gundyr
and it kicked my ass four times before I finally beat him on the fifth, summoning my pal S
word Master
to act as a meatshield/diversion. I think that boss was much worse than the other one I talked about... He is fucking relenteless.

Skii

Okay I've just met the boss that's made me go "This is Dark Souls!"

It's P
ontiff
S
auliman
. Either I don't know how to fight him or he's infamous amongst the Souls community by now.

But yeah, I've faced him 7 times now and he's just wrecked me. I managed to get him to an inch of his health but I panicked and got killed (had no estus). Is he supposed to be this hard or is there a mechanic that makes him easier? It's the second part mainly that's extremely difficult.

He's definitely going down as one of my hardest Souls fights and I haven't even beaten him yet!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm starting a new character right now, and fiddled for 3 hours to get a decently attractive Asian female face. Anyway I'm going full weaboo with a katana focused build. Like a hot female version of Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur. That'll be different than my pure caster build.
Already got my fashion planned out (Since I cannot get sandals, I'll settle for worker's trousers. Barefoot hippy samurai chick fashion.).

Now....Pyro/Dex or a bleed build? I am stuck at the character creation screen. Do I go Warrior for starting class? Bleed sounds goddamn interesting to me but I have no clue how to start off here. Anybody with experience with the build, help me out!

Anybody? I'm also contemplating pure dex over Pyro/Dex. I already finished the game so it's not about purely utility but the fun factor too. Still stuck at the char creation T_T.

Audioboxer

Anybody? I'm also contemplating pure dex over Pyro/Dex. I already finished the game so it's not about purely utility but the fun factor too. Still stuck at the char creation T_T.

If you played with spells before maybe try going full melee or melee/bows? I'd go all out dex or quality.

Katanas are bleed weapons so dex/bleed would work well. That is some investment in luck.

Okay I've just met the boss that's made me go "This is Dark Souls!"

It's P
ontiff
S
auliman
. Either I don't know how to fight him or he's infamous amongst the Souls community by now.

But yeah, I've faced him 7 times now and he's just wrecked me. I managed to get him to an inch of his health but I panicked and got killed (had no estus). Is he supposed to be this hard or is there a mechanic that makes him easier? It's the second part mainly that's extremely difficult.

He's definitely going down as one of my hardest Souls fights and I haven't even beaten him yet!

Advice for first phase:

Dodge behind him, you'll be surprised how many strikes he misses, you even can heal yourself at his back.

thatJohann

Just rented this game as my first souls game. All I have to say is FUCK THIS GAME. lol. I couldn't get past first boss after 2 hours trying. Don't see why people like this. Games are meant to be fun not frustrating in my opinion. Ain't nobody got time for that. Enjoy mates but I ain't touching a souls game again. Shudder.

Edit:
Ok so managed to get first boss to turn into that rat thingy that oozes after 2 hours. And I'll consider this my accomplishment. Time to delete this game off my hard drive haha.

bidguy

Banned
Just rented this game as my first souls game. All I have to say is FUCK THIS GAME. lol. I couldn't get past first boss after 2 hours trying. Don't see why people like this. Games are meant to be fun not frustrating in my opinion. Ain't nobody got time for that. Enjoy mates but I ain't touching a souls game again. Shudder.

lol

Skii

Advice for first phase:

Dodge behind him, you'll be surprised how many strikes he misses, you even can heal yourself at his back.

Is it advised to lock on or to not lock on? I feel like a shield is wasted in this battle as well. Rolling seems to conserve stamina best.

Iudex Gundyr? I beat him without even getting hit. You must've not been trying if it took you 2 hours. He's a tutorial boss.

And these games aren't frustrating. They are extremely fair and well balanced. You can't get frustrated at the game when you are completely at fault.

Mad respect, seriously. This game will eat you alive the minute you get into it, robbing you of all your free time. There's never enough free time for this game, ever.

Floody

Lol, they aren't for everyone, but as always, I would recommend giving it another try, it's a great feeling finally beating a boss that's been pushing your shit in for hours.

la_briola

Tears of Denial PvP gets you the best hate mail.

Code:
02:07 - [B]he: nice hacks dude[/B]
02:07 - me: ?
02:07 - me: thats tears of denial
02:07 - me: http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Tears+of+Denial
02:07 - [B]he: thats what every hacker say[/B]

I can't even log off because someone invaded me and decided to hide. Like, he's not even trying to ambush me. The invaded having to seek the invader.... sigh

Maybe the same jackass who did this to me last night. I refused to go look for him, so he finally tried to sneak up on me.

Nearly had him killed, he fell off the ledge and got saved by a roof with a sliver of health, so he ran off and hid again. Used the seed thing for enemies to attack him, then he eventually came back and I killed him in about five hits. Felt good. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom