• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I laughed at
Deacons of the deep.......whoever made that boss fight should be fired. That was the most boring boss of any soul series.....like what the hell. How do you make a boss fight easier than any standard encounter. Also easier than all tutorial bosses combined. I am appalled at the design of that fight.

They were actually tough as a mage!
soul greatsword took too much MP to work for the whole fight and my +2 crystal rapier didn't do nearly the damage that my katana did on my dex character.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I thought getting shackles/tongues would take me forever, but it's going very smooth in the Sulyvan arena area. Got like 15 shackes in an hour, and I win more battles than I lose.

I love when I get summoned into a fight club. It's great how everyone immediately knows what's up and just waits their turn.

Audioboxer

Bleed is legitimately good this time around thanks to the ability to make a build around it.

I know it is and agree, but I believe the poster was talking about bleed infusion. I found going sharp infusion on a bleed inherit weapon and using carthus rogue was the best move. You can't buff a bleed infusioned weapon can you?

I need those warden blades.

They are fantastic. I got mine quite quickly but drop rate is all over the place. Some people get it rough. RNG gonna RNG.

Ragona

So i cleared the game up to the last boss. Missed most of the npc questlines but got all the world secrets i think and a ton of different weapons.
Now, I guess I should just keep my char parked infront of the last boss and wait for dlc to drop, if i dont want do deal with insane Newgame+ difficulty ? How hard was From Softwares dlcs on NG+ in the past?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm starting a new character right now, and fiddled for 3 hours to get a decently attractive Asian female face. Anyway I'm going full weaboo with a katana focused build. Like a hot female version of Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur. That'll be different than my pure caster build.
Already got my fashion planned out (Since I cannot get sandals, I'll settle for worker's trousers. Barefoot hippy samurai chick fashion.).

Now....Pyro/Dex or a bleed build? I am stuck at the character creation screen. Do I go Warrior for starting class? Bleed sounds goddamn interesting to me but I have no clue how to start off here. Anybody with experience with the build, help me out!

zashga

So i cleared the game up to the last boss. Missed most of the npc questlines but got all the world secrets i think and a ton of different weapons.
Now, I guess I should just keep my char parked infront of the last boss and wait for dlc to drop, if i dont want do deal with insane Newgame+ difficulty ? How hard was From Softwares dlcs on NG+ in the past?

You get an option after killing the last boss whether or not you want to move to ng+. Also, allegedly ng+ isn't very hard (haven't tried it myself).

Ricker

OMG this certain Boss
fight where you can one shot him
was epic lol...good stuff.
Huge spoiler

DragonsPeak dragon

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What the hell is the secret to parrying? I'm fighting Pontiff in NG+ and trying to parry him with a small shield and I can't time it for the life of me.

BTW, the Fume Ultra Greatsword +5 is ridiculous. Everything dies in 1-3 hits.

Anyone?

Randam

there are small shields with a longer parry animation.
makes thinks a little bit easier.

Lol I laughed at
Deacons of the deep.......whoever made that boss fight should be fired. That was the most boring boss of any soul series.....like what the hell. How do you make a boss fight easier than any standard encounter. Also easier than all tutorial bosses combined. I am appalled at the design of that fight.

I died 2 times. :D

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
You need to be real close,like almost touching them to parry and maybe that Boss can't be parried...its kinda hard to pull if you dont practice.

Okay. But during what motion of the attack animation should I begin to parry? I read somewhere that says as soon as the enemy begins to attack you should parry, not when their strike is about to land.

Randam

Okay. But during what motion of the attack animation should I begin to parry? I read somewhere that says as soon as the enemy begins to attack you should parry, not when their strike is about to land.

yeah, that is 100% wrong.
other way around.
if the attack has a long start up, why would you need to start parrying right when he begins?

Downed the
tree boss
. Encountered a ton of npcs so early on. Firelink shrine is already crowded.

Question:
Will the npcs stationed in firelink have their quests progress as I move on in the main story or are they there to stay and act as merchants?

Tarkus

Haven't played in 3 days and I'm having withdrawals. I'm thinking about trying put a Dex or Quality Ultra Greatsword. Any suggestions?

Audioboxer

Downed the
tree boss
. Encountered a ton of npcs so early on. Firelink shrine is already crowded.

Question:
Will the npcs stationed in firelink have their quests progress as I move on in the main story or are they there to stay and act as merchants?

Quests are incredibly obtuse in this game. Best advice I have for someone wishing to go blind is always talk to everyone each time you go back to firelink. That and go back regularly. Don't mow down 3 bosses in a row without checking in at HQ.

Cyrano

Parrying doesn't begin until you lose stamina (in some cases, FP), so there is a startup for all parries (just like attacks don't tend to go into their active frames until after the swing is already moving).

You want to parry about midway through an enemy's strike to have the highest chances of success. Not all things can be parried (most can, though non-humanoid enemies in particular are usually unable to be parried). Spells can't be parried (excepting the special item that allows you to do this). Kicks can't be parried.

Those are probably the most important things to remember.

I know it is and agree, but I believe the poster was talking about bleed infusion. I found going sharp infusion on a bleed inherit weapon and using carthus rogue was the best move. You can't buff a bleed infusioned weapon can you?
Oh. That's actually a good point, if you can't buff the Bleed infusion, then there isn't really any point to it (since low level characters can use the bleed resin as well).

But yeah, Poison is butt (besides possible PvE cheese), Bleed is good.

Quests are incredibly obtuse in this game. Best advice I have for someone wishing to go blind is always talk to everyone each time you go back to firelink. That and go back regularly. Don't mow down 3 bosses in a row without checking in at HQ.
Yeah I figured. Thats how I typically play anyway so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Was just curious because so far everyone ive met has ended up there and talking to them yielded no further motives other than to serve me. Its still early though so I'm sure thatll change.

Audioboxer

Oh. That's actually a good point, if you can't buff the Bleed infusion, then there isn't really any point to it (since low level characters can use the bleed resin as well).

But yeah, Poison is butt (besides possible PvE cheese), Bleed is good.

I mean it's needed on a non bleed weapon, but tbh if you're going for a bleed build you really need to use a weapon with bleed already on it. Cuts down on your weapon viability but there's still a few and it is a really powerful PVE and PVP build.

The Carthus weapons are brilliant and they cover sword, great sword and shotel. Twin blades goes to the watcher ones as they are king.

psychotron

Any tips for
Nameless King
? Maybe the location of a fire resistance or lightning resistance ring? There's really not much physical damage hurting me, but that fucking fire is brutal.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just realized why I'm not getting any pvp or co-op in Farron Keep. I upgraded my weapon too high too early. Didn't realize that would lock out multiplayer =(

Toxi

Banned
I have a new favorite weapon:
Farron Greatsword.
That's 2-handed L1, hnnnnnngh.
Cathedral of The Deep is such a cool location. It's another one that's impressed me with it's scale and design. I love how you have to fight through the grounds first before reaching the actual Cathedral, which then has it's own kind of maze-like interior with shortcuts and secrets. There's a good mix of different enemy types and the boss fight was another one with it's own quirky surprise (after the Rotted Great-tree and Abyss Watchers).

A few areas cleared now and I think the quality has been consistently high after the low-key intro of the High Wall.
Yeah, Cathedral of the Deep is loads of fun. The only part I didn't enjoy was the initial rooftop gauntlet, since it feels so long... But afterwards I've just had a blast exploring this gigantic area. So many surprises in every part of the level.

Audioboxer

I just realized why I'm not getting any pvp or co-op in Farron Keep. I upgraded my weapon too high too early. Didn't realize that would lock out multiplayer =(

Yeah it's a new move, but totally understandable. Prevents twink level 15 invaders with +10 weapons. Especially considering the dancer glitch allowing access to chunks right at the start.

Ferr986

I can't even log off because someone invaded me and decided to hide. Like, he's not even trying to ambush me. The invaded having to seek the invader.... sigh

Any tips for
Nameless King
? Maybe the location of a fire resistance or lightning resistance ring? There's really not much physical damage hurting me, but that fucking fire is brutal.

The fire resistance ring is in
undead settlement
near the
nana guy
but I think you should just avoid the fire attacks. They are zoning moves.

I mean it's needed on a non bleed weapon, but tbh if you're going for a bleed build you really need to use a weapon with bleed already on it. Cuts down on your weapon viability but there's still a few and it is a really powerful PVE and PVP build.

The Carthus weapons are brilliant and they cover sword, great sword and shotel. Twin blades goes to the watcher ones as they are king.

It's actually impressive the variety of Bleed weapons there are, only a couple of weapon categories don't have at least one Bleed weapon.

Is it worth spending points in health? Ember gives you such a boost that I'm starting to think I shouldnt worry about it.

They changed how Vigor works (in a good way, IMO), Vigor points up to 27 givea LOT of health, but the gains drop significantly afterward, so it's very easy to invest about 10 points in Vigor and not have to worry about for awhile.

Kazaam

Did they patch out the shackle vertebra drops from the
Carthus skeletons
? Not even 1 drop in an hour with 400 item discovery (lots of embers tho). I hate the covenant items in this game

Floody

Think thats what ill do then. Is luck worth it or are the returns not worth the investment?

I haven't put anything in to luck, just used the C
rystal
S
age's
R
apier
(gives you 50 item discovery) on my off hand and a ring that boost it too.

A
byss
W
atchers
down on my first attempt. I thought that was supposed to be a hard fight? I even died to the D
eacons
once, and found every other earlier boss much harder.

The
first phase was a bit tough, I guess, because I sometimes had to fight two at once. Found the second phase really easy though.
Maybe I just had a suitable build? I'm playing shield-less, holding my weapon in both hands and dodging everything. Maybe that's the best way to fight them?

Anyway is there a lore reason for why
they were fighting each other? It would have made sense if they were fighting some darkwraiths or whatever. Maybe they started seeing the Abyss everywhere, even in former comrades?

Anyway, cool fight, even if I found it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom