• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
Lol I laughed at
Deacons of the deep.......whoever made that boss fight should be fired. That was the most boring boss of any soul series.....like what the hell. How do you make a boss fight easier than any standard encounter. Also easier than all tutorial bosses combined. I am appalled at the design of that fight.

Just stumbled across something in NG+ that I thought was worth sharing. Probably been mentioned before but someone may not have seen it.

Like many I was at 99 Hollowing after taking Yoel's free levels, and using the Fire Keeper to get rid of it would cost about 250K souls, so I just ignored it.

However, if you 'Request Dissolution' at the Velka shrine (located just through the door in the sewers, accessed by the grave key) it's much, much cheaper. I think it cost me around 7K souls.

Gerald the Herald looks normal again!

Healing the Dark Sigil is permanent and also removes the Dark Sigils from your inventory. Requesting dissolution only puts your hollowing stat to 0

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
What the hell is the secret to parrying? I'm fighting Pontiff in NG+ and trying to parry him with a small shield and I can't time it for the life of me.

BTW, the Fume Ultra Greatsword +5 is ridiculous. Everything dies in 1-3 hits.

Mugenjin

Lol I laughed at
Deacons of the deep.......whoever made that boss fight should be fired. That was the most boring boss of any soul series.....like what the hell. How do you make a boss fight easier than any standard encounter. Also easier than all tutorial bosses combined. I am appalled at the design of that fight.

It's just equivalent to DS1's Pinwheel or DS2's Congregation.

Keinu

Oh, that sucks. Guess I'll just have to not die anymore.

If you wanna look human you can just buy purging stones from
Yuria
for just 4.5k souls. After you die a few times and start to look hollow pop one. Cheap.

Edit: Same effect as Velka who charges 100 times your level in souls for same effect,

Lol I laughed at

As I have advocated, it was one of the hardest micromanaging fights on my SL1 low upgrade run. The design is actually really tough if you don't deal enough damage fast enough. I gained new appreciation for it through that run.

Rocketz

Almost done with NG+. lvl 133 at about 70 hrs and I still haven't burned any boss souls except 2 that I replaced in NG+. I haven't gone to any of the optional areas and I don't know if I will on this run. I'll finished it here in the next day or two and retire the game until the DLC. Hell of a game.

Cyrano

Lol I laughed at
I think that it's an interesting departure in terms of design. There's a lot that could be improved about it potentially but it's also one of the weirdest fights in the game and I miss weird fights. Maiden Astraea is so memorable entirely because of how abstract it makes "combat" in the game. Honestly I would be happy for more boss fights that weren't just perfecting dodge-roll timings, even if their design is wonky.

While Dark Souls III is definitely consistent, it has by far the lowest number of bosses that I would consider memorable, much less interesting from a perspective other than combat.

Audioboxer

What a terrible game this is for making you kill
the giant
for a ring.

He's become my friend and
kills enemies for me

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
What a terrible game this is for making you kill
the giant
for a ring.

He's become my friend and
kills enemies for me

For some reason, he just died in my game. I went to
betray and kill him T_T
but life took care of that for me.

I was relieved and ashamed.

Kazooie

Banned
Just got the game on Wednesday. Rocking Dark Sword, Dragons Crest Shield and the Wolf Knight Armor Set.

The game is brilliant so far but similar to Bloodborne it seems From are making each iteration more streamlined.

Really enjoying it though.

Tak3n

Banned
Just stumbled across something in NG+ that I thought was worth sharing. Probably been mentioned before but someone may not have seen it.

Like many I was at 99 Hollowing after taking Yoel's free levels, and using the Fire Keeper to get rid of it would cost about 250K souls, so I just ignored it.

However, if you 'Request Dissolution' at the Velka shrine (located just through the door in the sewers, accessed by the grave key) it's much, much cheaper. I think it cost me around 7K souls.

Gerald the Herald looks normal again!

Mother fucker, I paid 300k souls yesterday

Kolx

Lol I laughed at

I think DS3 has the biggest number of shitty bosses in the entire soulsborne series, and in the same time the biggest number of great bosses alongside BB :D

KHlover

Banned
Firekeeper does it permanently. You'll go hollow again if you die a few more times as it is now.

Healing the Dark Sigil is permanent and also removes the Dark Sigils from your inventory. Requesting dissolution only puts your hollowing stat to 0

Well if requesting absolution is the first thing he did in NG+ he should be good to go since
Dark Sigils
are a key item and get removed from your inventory when going from NG to NG+

Sullichin

Lol I laughed at

I think it's a cool fight :(

Sullichin

The idea behind it is quite cool but it's piss poor on the difficulty scale.

Yeah definitely. I kinda like it where it is in the game though. You can go one way and get easy Sage/Deacons, and the other to fight the harder Abyss Watchers.

Also it actually gave a challenge at level 1, but that's not saying much. Didn't even realize it
timed curse mechanic
until I tried it at level 1.

test_account

XP-39C²
He leaves permanently, if you kill 4 bosses without giving him a single Scroll, once you give him one he stays though.
Really? That sucks :( I forgot about it, then i see that he is gone. I was hoping that he would turn into a red phantom somewhere. Can i still get his ash?

Meccs

Can you parry off hand weapons the same as main hand ones? I just had one guy with a big axe in one hand and a rapier in the off hand and I wasn't able to parry his off hand spamming for some reason.

Anyway, I hate the poison swamp! I hate it so much. I'm at this point in NG+ and I wish I could skip it...

Jobbs

Banned
Is there any merit to imbuing a dual wielding weapon with poison or bleed?

also is there another greatsword with a similar stylish moveset as hollowslayer? I like how it looks/handles but the upgrade path is annoying and it can't be imbued or buffed.

Floody

Really? That sucks :( I forgot about it, then i see that he is gone. I was hoping that he would turn into a red phantom somewhere. Can i still get his ash?

Not sure, you could check where his quest ends. After the battle with L
othric
, Y
ounger
P
rince
, his corpse will show up sitting at a table at the top of G
rand
A
rchives
, on the upper floor where the four sorcery-using candelhead enemies are.

Audioboxer

Is there any merit to imbuing a dual wielding weapon with poison or bleed?

also is there another greatsword with a similar stylish moveset as hollowslayer? I like how it looks/handles but the upgrade path is annoying and it can't be imbued or buffed.

Poison is terrible. Bleed might be okay if you have low stats. Otherwise infuse to your highest damage stat or quality and use carthus rogue.

Jobbs

Banned
Poison is terrible. Bleed might be okay if you have low stats. Otherwise infuse to your highest damage stat or quality and use carthus rogue.

is there any reason to use dual wielding weapons then? (e.g. sellsword twinblades, brigand's twin daggers) their only advantage seems to be they trigger buildup faster. they don't seem to do more damage at all.

test_account

XP-39C²
Not sure, you could check where his quest ends. After the battle with L
othric
, Y
ounger
P
rince
, his corpse will show up sitting at a table at the top of G
rand
A
rchives
, on the upper floor where the four sorcery-using candelhead enemies are.
Thanks. Yeah, i found the ash there in NG, but then i completeed his quest. I will check tomorrow if his ash is still there after i've beaten that boss.

Audioboxer

is there any reason to use dual wielding weapons then? (e.g. sellsword twinblades, brigand's twin daggers) their only advantage seems to be they trigger buildup faster. they don't seem to do more damage at all.

The wardens twin swords are one of the best if not the best on a bleed build. They have inherit bleed though. Can't say much for non bleed dual weapons.

I think the guys with the large crosses on their backs are still terrifying. Such horrible shrieks and fast movement. Also creepy how they turn their heads from their sitting positions to look at you before getting up.

Siegmeyer

Well if requesting absolution is the first thing he did in NG+ he should be good to go since
Dark Sigils
are a key item and get removed from your inventory when going from NG to NG+

Oh really? I should be good then. I've completely ignored Yoel on NG+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom