• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

Yup, your weapon has to be fully upgraded though to ge the +5. It's a pretty need little bonus.

In the new VaatiVidya video, he says that it is tied to your hollowing stat as well: if you are hollowed, then you will get the bonus. If not, then you won't. I haven't confirmed this for myself, although it seems logical.

I think you need 99 for +5.

MilkBeard

I got the
Lord of Hollows
ending and I read the Yuria of Londor's "Black Set" is supposed to be laying where she stands in the Firelink Shrine after you return there after the credits, but it's not. So anyone know what's up with this? I really want that Cainhurst helmet.

Unfortunately you missed out on it. I believe you are supposed to
summmon her for the fight
to be able to get the set. I was able to get it after doing this during the fight.

EDIT: Yeah, check the old lady. Although it didn't show up that way for me, it was an item that was in her spot.

An interesting thing from earlier: I was fighting the TP with the thorn armor and noticed that for whatever reason, if while dodging an attack,he took damage from the armor while his attack would be in my hitbox, I took damage. This seemed to be regardless of I-Frames. Is there a reason for this? Was it just my imagination? Didn't give me a problem on the other bosses, and I never noticed the attacks hitting me when I switched out the armor.

psychotron

I did it everyone!!
Nameless King
is down. That's every boss including optional ones. Thank you to everyone for helping me get through.

knitoe

I think you need 99 for +5.

Nope. I have tested it. Using a purging stone and removing the hollowing to 0, luck bonus gone. I kept on dying, and at 15 hollow, the bonus comes back. And, whether the bonus is +1, +2, +3, +4 or +5 is based on how high the weapon is upgraded and not on your hollow lvl.

jett

D-Member
You know what? I saw them too. Multiple white ghosts that looked like pontiff Knights walk away from the cathedral and then disappear. I just realized after looking at your picture, they look like the black Knight ghosts that walk through the area between the lordvessel and the kiln in Dark Souls 1. I wonder if they're related?

Further ahead I even saw a "couple". A big knight and a smaller knight.

KLoWn

Tried reloading the area?
Yeah, many times.
Check the old lady, you may be able to buy it.
Checked it, nothing there.
Unfortunately you missed out on it. I believe you are supposed to
summmon her for the fight
to be able to get the set. I was able to get it after doing this during the fight.
What... That bullshit. So just because I want to kill all the bosses on my own instead of having help I'm punished for it? So fuckin dumb...

I can get her ash by killing her and then buy her stuff from the old lady, but I really don't want to do that. I'd rather have her alive in case she's involved in some DLC side-quest thingy. *Sigh*

Yeah, many times.

What... That bullshit. So just because I want to kill all the bosses on my own instead of having help I'm punished for it? So fuckin dumb...

I can get her ash by killing her and then buy her stuff from the old lady, but I really don't want to do that. I'd rather have her alive in case she's involved in some DLC side-quest thingy. *Sigh*

Same happened to me, had to kill her. If it's any consolation, she doesn't put up a fight after the game ends.

Still sucks.

la_briola

Nope. I have tested it. Using a purging stone and removing the hollowing to 0, luck bonus gone. I kept on dying, and at 15 hollow, the bonus comes back. And, whether the bonus is +1, +2, +3, +4 or +5 is based on how high the weapon is upgraded and not on your hollow lvl.

Good to know, thanks!

Steel

Banned
Figured as much. I knew it was a hotspot but I've never encountered bullshit like that before. 2 is manageable but with 3 you might as well jump off a cliff. I actually tried summoning people while running for my life but of course every attempt failed.

If I invade someone outnumbered like that, I either sit it out and let the host 1v1 the other spirit or murder the other 2 dark spirits.

Kazaam

Frustrated with the
skeletons in Carthus
for the vertebra shackle, I decided to try out the fight club for the covenant drops at the (boss spoiler)
pontiff
bonfire. Fight club is a freaking blast. I got 17 vertebra and died quite a few times and it's soooo much fun.

Ok..played through bloodbourne but this game is a fucking bitch with fangs.....is there something im missing with the parrying???finding it really hard to consistently hit parries...bloodboure i could shoot the cock off 5 enemies and garrote them all day but this....

Is it only certain attacks with some enemies or certain animations that can be parried?

Cant really find a good summary anywhere....just bits and pieces.

la_briola

I just saw the first invisibility hack... that is messed up.

Please don't tell me its my connection.
fire.gif

pa22word

Frustrated with the
skeletons in Carthus
for the vertebra shackle, I decided to try out the fight club for the covenant drops at the (boss spoiler)
pontiff
bonfire. Fight club is a freaking blast. I got 17 vertebra and died quite a few times and it's soooo much fun.

Predator.gif

I seriously have no idea why people are grinding mound maker stuff when fight clubbing it up for a few hours is sooo much easier and a hell of a lot of fun to boot. You can do the same thing for pale tongues, too! 1v1 is better though.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey don't really know where else to ask this, but since completing Dark 3 the first time, I've just been jumping around between Souls games and trying out new characters and such, even some NG+ on Dark 1 and Demon's.

So my question is, out of all the games, which would be the most fun for a Sorcerer/Magic user type character. By most fun, I mean as in Balanced well, so it's not overly difficult, but not stupid easy to where I know I can just sit back and never think about anything else. From the little magic I've seen in Demon's it seems way overpowered there, and from what I've read of Dark 3 magic builds, they sound like it's just not good/worth it to go that route.

So what would be the best/balanced/most fun Sorcerer build to go for? Also what's a good build to go for in that game stats/spell wise? Also one more quick question, what are other fun builds to go for besides STR or DEX/Quality builds? I've always played these games a certain way and really want to start mixing it up and trying something new and different.

Floody

If I invade someone outnumbered like that, I either sit it out and let the host 1v1 the other spirit or murder the other 2 dark spirits.

That's what I do too, ganking the host just makes me feel dirty, I won't even kill one if they are close to a short-cut, until they open it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think I'm finally beginning to understand the lore behind the pilgrims and londor. The turning point was realizing how their march was so frequently stopped by dragons.

MilkBeard

Yeah, many times.

Just kill her. If you already beat the game. I wouldn't call it 'punishing you' either. It's just a little extra surprise if you happen to summon her on the final fight.

We just have to accept that you can not find everything on a single playthrough. The game is made to be played through at least twice with the branching questlines.

GulAtiCa

Poise being bullshit and meaningless due to From Software fucking up so badly + R1 spam spam spam really sucks at times... Not to mention the phantom lag..

Sullichin

All of my attempts at an early second chunk are failing. Is there a place black firebombs can drop so I can trade with the crow?
Patches
isn't in my game this time for whatever reason.

So i dont coop outside of soapstoning.
How do these purple and red signs work.
If i equip say moundmakers and throw down a sign is it now a purple sign in anothers world?

I wanna get in on multiple player throwdowns here

1upsuper

How would people rank the schools of magic in this game? Any consensus on which is the best? How about compared to the rest of the series? I've played through everything but 2 but I've always gone exclusively strength/dex. I've finished my first playthrough of III (my new favorite Souls game! Damn it's good.) and I'm wanting to try something different for my next run.

LogicStep

This is so dumb. I'm putting down my summoning sign to help people in Lothric Castle. We get invaded all the time as I help others but I don't get any auto summons for the blue sentinels. arrrrgh so many missed opportunities.

What a good place to do blue sentineling/darkmoon at SL 85? Not getting summoned while farming silver knights

I was a level 50 and had Blue sentinels equipped for hours and hours, not one summon. Its dumb.

I read a steam post somewhere saying that the longer you stay in an area without seeing a "loading" screen, the more likely youll get summoned. Not sure if this is confirmed. Either way, the way these covenants work is really dumb.

Kazaam

Predator.gif

I seriously have no idea why people are grinding mound maker stuff when fight clubbing it up for a few hours is sooo much easier and a hell of a lot of fun to boot. You can do the same thing for pale tongues, too! 1v1 is better though.

You're absolutely right . Had a few instances where I died in the third fight (usually in the fight club as a mad phantom you have to defeat 3 phantoms), but the only thing I regretted was not being able to *applaud* the other person. One time we both died on my third fight (didn't get the vertebra tho), but it was so brilliant. For pale tongues I was a bit more calculated and I did all of them early on (like the medals), but I'm sure even after finishing all the mound makers rewards I'll keep coming back for the fight club.

Jinaar

ciP5PLV.jpg

And doneeeee. Until the DLC. May create a new character to just PvP with.

This was a wonderful run. I loved the bosses in this game. I still love the allure of Bloodborne, but this was right up there.

Thanks, FROM!

jett

D-Member
Fashion souls mode ENABLED

jQJZTDz.jpg

At least I like that armor matters so little overall, I can wear whatever I want lol.

Btw that area after the
Pontiff
with the
two crocowerewolves
is the absolute worst. How am I supposed to do that? Even luring one is more or less a deathwish, since you're fighting it in a tiny ass area.

I have weird emotions about the T
wo
P
rinces
fight.

Those emotions can be summed up as "I wish Spin Doctors played when this battle started"

Btw that area after the
Pontiff
with the
two crocowerewolves
is the absolute worst. How am I supposed to do that? Even luring one is more or less a deathwish, since you're fighting it in a tiny ass area.

It wasn't that bad. I lured the first one with an arrow, and went at him with the Lothric Knight Sword+10. The weapon is very fast, so as long as your dodges are clean, it shouldn't be too difficult. I also had max Estus and Bonfire level, so that helped.

It wasn't that bad. I lured the first one with an arrow, and went at him with the Lothric Knight Sword+10. The weapon is very fast, so as long as your dodges are clean, it shouldn't be too difficult. I also had max Estus and Bonfire level, so that helped.

i did the same, you can also climb up the ladder a bit after you pull one and do a plunging attack to get things going in your favor.

Kazaam

I feel like making another thread
cause im lttp on this one, but i won't
. Fight club it's soooooo good in this game... There are so many variables. Switching through locations of fight club is unbelievable. I don't know how to express my enjoyment so ill just say umbasa

Edit: to avoid confusion, I'm lttp regarding fight clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom