• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaface

Big thank you to SDR-UK for very kindly giving me a Symbol of Avarice and Crystal Sage Rapier to help with the concord/swordgrass grind (and God, what a grind it is).

Once I'm done with them I'm happy to 'pay it forward' and give it to the next gaffer in need.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I like it when I'm targeting a phantom that helping someone I've invaded and they are about to die but my lockon decides to jump to the other guy and then back

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is it worth using a titanite slab on my shield? Seems I am only getting a slight increase to stability.

Also what exactly does the stability stat effect? I assume its either the amount of stamina required to block or health subtracted.

Keinu

Is it worth using a titanite slab on my shield? Seems I am only getting a slight increase to stability.

Also what exactly does the stability stat effect? I assume its either the amount of stamina required to block or health subtracted.

It's the amount of stamina drained with each block. I think it's worth it, especially if you don't have any other main weapons to upgrade.

Figments

I still have no idea where the best areas are for
Darkmoon Covenant
shit. Is it
Irityll Valley/Anor Londo
or
Farron's Keep
?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's the amount of stamina drained with each block. I think it's worth it, especially if you don't have any other main weapons to upgrade.

Maybe I'll do it then, thanks.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Going to do a STR build after my sorcerer playthrough. Any suggestions for weapons I haven't listed below? Planning to get the
Claymore
early then play around with most of these as I get them.

Yhorm's great machete
butcher's knife
Dragonslayer greataxe
Smough's Hammer
FUGS
Spiked Mace
Great club
drang hammers
wolf knight greatsword
farron GS
BK greatsword
Lothric Knight greatsword (can buy from greirat)

I'm running around with a Fume Ultra Greatsword in NG+, and it's pretty ridiculous. Granted I'm over-leveled, but I killed the big
dog thing on the bridge when you first reach Irithyll
in three hits. Lol

Keinu

Just got a dark sword. Worth upgrading? Strength build here, currently rolling with a plus 4 butchers knife

It's a pretty great weapon, I upgraded it to +10 refined on my main character. Problem is the moveset which I find just plain boring :)

I beat the game, yes!!!

65 hours, LVL 98.

The last boss was giving me so much trouble... hardest last boss since False King Allant? I would say so:
- Gwyn was perfectly manageable and didn't have bullshit stances changing or 2nd phase (he had a killer grab but so does DkS3 final boss - grab *and* Spear impalement)
- Nashandra... LMAO
- Allant was tough as fucking nails... luckily he didn't have a 2nd phase!

DkS3 last boss was so hard that I had to... respec. First time ever in history of my Souls games. I mean I could just spend 4 hours and level those stats anyway but I wanted so much to just finish the game and move to NG+.

Is respeccing cheating?!? Like summoning? (never summoned once in 400 hours of DeS/ DaS1/ DaS2/ DaS3 gaming... all bosses ever Solo and Melee)

I went from:

VIT 21
END 17
DEX 14
INT 20
FTH 20

to:

VIT 30
END 25
DEX 10
INT 12
FTH 15 (for Second Chance)

Plus I used 2 Embers (also first time ever in Souls games... but come on I have 74 Embers) - that made me go from 800 HP to 1400 HP which made a whole lot of difference in that fight.

His first form was a goddamn roulette. That bullshit healing, that bullshit Scimitar, those bullshit tracking Soul Arrows... I was cheering everytime he changed to Mage because it was the only "safe" phase where I could damage him without getting hit back. I must have dealt him 60% of damage in his two Mage phases. The rest - in the Spear phase which was pretty balanced.

His second form can go fuck itself, tho. The very fact that he has a full HP bar again and different moveset wrecked my concentration and skills. It's the same bullshit as Fume's 2nd form. It unbalances you, zones you out and you die and die and die again. That grab was just ugh... so very bad. The two kind of jumps that fucked my rolls, the Fume Knight stab... Jesus... this guy had it all.

So glad he is behind me. I was using Black Iron Greatshield +8 for blocking in the first phase and Great Club +8 because it has a better reach than Mace +10.

Hardest bosses in the game:

Last Boss > Princes (fuck those resurrections and tracking Soul Arrows!!!) > Gundyr >>> all of the rest

As I was playing 100% blind I did not find the Nameless King - I am leaving him for NG+ but from what I've read already he can be neutralized with that 97.5% Lightning Resist Shield.

All in all a fantastic final boss in a fantastic Souls game. Well done, From.

Off to NG+ I go!

Keinu

As I was playing 100% blind I did not find the Nameless King - I am leaving him for NG+ but from what I've read already he can be neutralized with that 97.5% Lightning Resist Shield.

First of all, congrats! Second, neutralized is a strong word, he can still mess you up even with that shield.

Oh man, the T
wo
P
rinces
fight is legit the best to co-op. With 3 or4 people the added health and their constantly switching targeting makes the fight much harder and REALLY fun. Fucker keeps hitting me with an uppercut from behind when I think he's on someone else.

Edit: Uh except this time where he bugged out and didn't lose any health????

NEO0MJ

Finally beat C
hampion
G
undyr
. Fuck him & anybody that love him.

johncenaridic_original_crop_north.jpg

Finally beat C
hampion
G
undyr
. Fuck him & anybody that love him.

He was definitely one of the harder bosses, but I was glad that the fight was pretty straightforward. No magical projectiles to dodge, no giant monster transformation. Just a straight 1v1 fight.

Gvitor

Got to L
othric
C
astle
after D
ancer
and I'm having trouble with
the dragons

Do I really need a long range weapon for this part? I haven't been using any, and I tried the short crossbow (one of the few I have that I can use with my stats) and it just sucks, it barely takes any damage. I think I have a few giant arrows from those dudes near A
nor
L
ondo
, but I don't have their bow and I'm sure I won't be able to use it as well because I barely upgraded Dexterity.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Ugh. I just wanna get these covenant rewards done. I DON'T CARE ABOUT SETTING UP HONORABLE PVP GROUPS SESSIONS. I swear. I keep getting summoned into these groups.

Boy, the password scaling is real. I was helping a friend fight DSA on their LV 1 character with my own, and we got tired of him kicking our asses, so I got my Level 123 character to help. Apparently just about everything scales down. VGR and your actual stats don't, so I can still use my equipment. But the damage was just so sad.

Luckily I was able to tank him with the Skull Ring and his own shield.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Got to L
othric
C
astle
after D
ancer
the dragons

Do I really need a long range weapon for this part? I haven't been using any, and I tried the short crossbow (one of the few I have that I can use with my stats) and it just sucks, it barely takes any damage. I think I have a few giant arrows from those dudes near A
nor
L
ondo
, but I don't have their bow and I'm sure I won't be able to use it as well because I barely upgraded Dexterity.

No. Turn left right before the bridge and drop down to proceed.

Minamu

Am I as ready for NG+ as I could be? I never met Y
uria
so I'm missing all the stuff you get that way. I've done all bosses including the final one, I've gathered all the rings I could get in NG (except from a quest or two), I've got all spells I've seen for sale from four NPCs (I don't think I gave the wrong scrolls to the wrong people). I've also gathered all gestures I could get (missed all summon signs).

Am I missing something? Afaik, all items have been picked up but there's always something you miss, I guess :)

Edit: I'm lvl 111 so that part is done too.

NEO0MJ

He was definitely one of the harder bosses, but I was glad that the fight was pretty straightforward. No magical projectiles to dodge, no giant monster transformation. Just a straight 1v1 fight.

It was also the best case of
recycling an early game boss in the series.

Got to L
othric
C
astle
after D
ancer
the dragons

nor
L
ondo

You don't need to shoot them at all. Jump down the bridge and you'll see a path that leads you forward and to an easier way of killing them.

Gvitor

No. Turn left right before the bridge and drop down to proceed.

You mean drop down in the bridge? I've done that, then I circled around back to near the gate, but the dragons still fuck me up if I try to get near it. I went down the stairs, and there's only 1 Irithyll knight and 4 chests there.

Nephtes

Got to L
othric
C
astle
after D
ancer
the dragons

nor
L
ondo

Just drop down under the bridge and go left and then straight across they way into the next room, you can kill them close up later...

Nam
eless King
beaten in second try, level 100 but I haven't changed my damage since way the fuck back. Trick was to constantly dodge behind him in the second phase. Dancer is still the hardest boss for me.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Found the Moundmakers on my secondary character. There is nothing more fun than gaining the trust of the host and helping with an invasion just to backstab them at the last moment.

Hnnnnnnnnnng......

NEO0MJ

You mean drop down in the bridge? I've done that, then I circled around back to near the gate, but the dragons still fuck me up if I try to get near it. I went down the stairs, and there's only 1 Irithyll knight and 4 chests there.

Just run in that area and you should be able to make it to the room on the other side.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

You end up circling around and having to run across the path covered by the two dragons. Once you do this, you will find a door with an abyss demon attached to one of the dragons. Kill this and the dragon dies.

Gvitor

Just run in that area and you should be able to make it to the room on the other side.

You end up circling around and having to run across the path covered by the two dragons. Once you do this, you will find a door with an abyss demon attached to one of the dragons. Kill this and the dragon dies.

Oh, I managed to miss that room entrance in the other side...

Thanks guys!

Minamu

Am I as ready for NG+ as I could be? I never met Y
uria
so I'm missing all the stuff you get that way. I've done all bosses including the final one, I've gathered all the rings I could get in NG (except from a quest or two), I've got all spells I've seen for sale from four NPCs (I don't think I gave the wrong scrolls to the wrong people). I've also gathered all gestures I could get (missed all summon signs).

Am I missing something? Afaik, all items have been picked up but there's always something you miss, I guess :)

Edit: I'm lvl 111 so that part is done too.
Bump for new page :)

No wonder you had problems with him...;-)

I guess so. No wonder Princes and Gundyr destroyed me countless times.

True dat. Just an all around awesome (and tough as fuck) fight. It reminded me of Jaguar Javier from Guacamelee and of course Flamelurker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom