• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephtes

Final boss was fuckin sweet

Eh... Was bit of a too easy let down after
the Nameless King
I really wanted the last boss to be
Gwyn reborn from the ashes
... But oh well...

Also... Ballsy move on From Software's part
putting the last boss on the game's cover...

Tarkus

Seems like poise works to me. I just got staggered out of an attack with no armor on. Put Lothric Knight Armor on, no more breaking out of attack.

Regarding the milkring and bloodring, only the latter actually improves your i-frames right? While the former is only a visual effect, which 5 % or so of opponents will be confused by?
Everyone and their mums uses the one that makes you invisible when you roll, but it's not because it makes you invisible, it's because it gives you a boost of +3 to dex.

The i-frames one I've only used in very very few bosses, such as those that have a lot of long ranged speedy attacks and little breaks between them to attack. It's useful to be able to get in, hit once or twice and roll out of the way without getting hurt.

test_account

XP-39C²
In DS1, you could go into the catacombs almost straight away. And be one shotted. You could also opt for Darkmoon, Depths, New Londo I think. I forgot how it worked but within the first few hours I could juggle between a handful of areas.

DS3 is completely linear and its hub is separate, you have to bonfire your way to the first area which was very anticlimatic.
DS1 is still designed in that way that you're suppose to take a linear path. I cant imagine that many first time players were going into the harder areas and attempted to fight their way through there only.

Didnt you use the Soul Vessel in DS1?

NEO0MJ

So, C
hampion
G
undyr
... yeah....

Fm1jx.gif

Eh... Was bit of a too easy let down after
the Nameless King
I really wanted the last boss to be
Gwyn reborn from the ashes
... But oh well...

I thought he was a good difficulty tbh, and the absurd range of movesets he has puts everything to the test and makes it a varied, fun fight.
Nameless King
is too much for me because of that damn first phase is horrible, and then I just wipe out so early into his second phase it saps my will to keep trying lol. Still haven't beat him.

Drencrom

Okay, so I just traded hits with that
spider
monster at the gate of
Anor Londo
and both of us died and the loot it had is gone now... can anyone tell me what that specific monster drops because the first creature you met in the C
athedral
of
deep
dropped a unique ring.

I really fucking hate when this happens and that FROM haven't fixed it yet. This has been a thing since Demon's Souls ffs.

So, C
hampion
G
undyr
... yeah....
I tried beating him the regular way. Then I said fuck it, and followed the advice to parry. His jab/thrust attack is extremely easy to parry and not too hard to distinguish from the rest of his move set. He also does it in both phases.

Or if you want easy mode summon one of the million people leaving signs outside of his gate. With just one more person taking the aggro occasionally the boss is a joke.

Randam

why the fuck can I only summon 1 other player after the Sullivan fight?
and if I use the fingers I get invaded by 2-3 guys at the same time.

or is it, because I am wearing the Way of Blue Covenant?

BriGuy

So you cheated by using an external program that manipulates the game's data (that is what "trainers" do) and you "don't know" why you get a softban warning? I hope this is a joke post...

It isn't but I (presumably) didn't make any permanent modifications to anything in the game. I enabled infinite health and specifically did so playing offline.

"I mean Im a cheater, but I only cheated myself I was never gonna go online I swear ;_;"
Yeah, that's basically it. I don't see what's so unbelievable about that.

Seems like poise works to me. I just got staggered out of an attack with no armor on. Put Lothric Knight Armor on, no more breaking out of attack.

I've read that you get a bit of hyper armor with increased equip load and is independent of poise. Nobody seems to know what the poise stat does yet, if anything.

edit: Read about hyper armor here, although it looks like maybe equip load only effects rolls. Based on the edit of the post on the first link and further comments in that thread, it looks like some weapon types have hyper armor with 0 poise while greatswords need at least 1 poise to get hyperarmor frames.

What a mess this all is.

It isn't but I (presumably) didn't make any permanent modifications to anything in the game. I enabled infinite health and specifically did so playing offline.

Game probably checks memory hacks aswell since it affects the online aspect and rightly should control that aspect to avoid any unfair advantages.

vladdamad

I love it when this is done in video games. Not sure how to do this without spoilers, but a recent indie video game sequel also did a similar thing, by
putting an image of the game's final level on the cover art
- the name of that game is
Hotline Miami 2

N° 2048

People need to remember that most games are calling home (especially on Steam)

So even if you cheat in, say, GTA V single player only (even if you unplug your router/cords lol) once you get online it'll know you modified memory and ban you.

BriGuy

I guess it can't be helped then. The main reason I even play online is to see the messages and ghosts of other players running around. Makes things feel less lonely and oppressive.

p3n

Yeah, that's basically it. I don't see what's so unbelievable about that.

Not judging or anything. You are free to do what you want offline. But I honestly think it takes more effort to look for keylogger-free hacks or to search through memory R/Ws with cheat engine than it is to just equip a certain great shield + lightning resistance ring and let 1-2 summons kill that boss for you. Game is essentially playing itself during the launch month with the amount of summons available.

UrbanRats

Final boss was fuckin sweet
Fuck that guy.
C
hampion
G
undyr
was a chump by comparison.

I gave it another 6 or so tries today, before I busted my balls and summoned two folks.
I probably would've gotten him down in another 10 or so tries, but fuck it, who am I trying to impress here? Lol.
Was getting past the threshold of fun, and into the one of "I want to get this over with, and move on".
I like his move set though, it's a cool idea, just the design is somewhat lame, felt like I was fighting
Mokujin
or something.
Nevertheless, fuck him and whoever invented him.
And especially, fuck his
spear stance, which I got to know better for the pain in the ass, literally and figuratively, that it is.

Weirdly enough, the only bosses that took me more than 3 tries were him, A
byss
W
atchers
and the mighty D
emon
F
ire
K
ing
of losing lock-on for no reason (only thing making that fight "hard").
Though I have yet to fight the hardest one, which also seems to have a predilection for fucking with your camera.

Anyone else decide to have the Dancer be their first boss fight? Going into castle Lothric and the garden before leaving the high wall was fun. The game is a lot less linear than I imagined, you can really play around with the order.

Uhhhh, I am really confused. I just beat
Yhorm the Giant
and immediately afterwards there was a cutscene. I was teleported to a new area where a lady told me to
save the soul of Lothric. I walked toward the statue and the fight with Dancer started. I got the boss to about 10% health but I died. I revived at the Profane Capital bonfire.

What do I do?

Kazuhira

So, C
hampion
G
undyr
... yeah....

I wonder if you can make him fall from the cliff.
Maybe if you're near the edge and lure him to get closer,roll and then parry him,the knockback animation could make him fall.
Need to try it in ng+ someday.

UrbanRats

Uhhhh, I am really confused. I just beat
Yhorm the Giant
and immediately afterwards there was a cutscene. I was teleported to a new area where a lady told me to
save the soul of Lothric. I walked toward the statue and the fight with Dancer started. I got the boss to about 10% health but I died. I revived at the Profane Capital bonfire.

What do I do?
Go back there, via the
Vordt
Bonfire, and kill that
Dancer

Kinda sick of people using linearity as a put-down word. Linearity does not inherently make a game bad. I'd actually argue that the design for this game, being linear with twists and turns and various ways and areas to explore within each "zone" before shuffling you off to the same place, has actually made some of the best designed levels in the entire series. As a result of being linear there is more focus and strength in the areas. I appreciate and enjoy the interconnectedness and full world feeling of other games in the series but it's loss isn't killing me in this one when the levels themselves are so fucking good.

Jinjo

Decided to respec my SL80 into a dark build yesterday and i'm having a lot more fun than I did on my regular dex build. I'm exclusively using dark sorceries and dark pyromancies, and infused my Carthus Curved Sword with dark(
secretly the best weapon in the game
) So far, the build is really good for PvE and I've had consistent success in PvP.

Had to throw in some Fashion Souls as well.

Can I ask what your build was at sl80? Tried making a dark character, but gave up at around lv60 and deleted the character. It was just too weak/not fun to play as.

Going for a Judgement Sword build now with sorcery while also going through NG+ with my main quality build. Love that one. Claymore on my back while dual wielding Gotthard Twin Swords looks cool as.Three swords is always better than one.

vladdamad

Anyone else decide to have the Dancer be their first boss fight? Going into castle Lothric and the garden before leaving the high wall was fun. The game is a lot less linear than I imagined, you can really play around with the order.

Tried doing this on my second character but got destroyed lol, although I do imagine it would be a good way to level up your weapon quickly, given the amount of titanite shards up there. What equipment did you use to fight it at such an early level?

BriGuy

Not judging or anything. You are free to do what you want offline. But I honestly think it takes more effort to look for keylogger-free hacks or to search through memory R/Ws with cheat engine than it is to just equip a certain great shield + lightning resistance ring and let 1-2 summons kill that boss for you. Game is essentially playing itself during the launch month with the amount of summons available.
There's some truth to that, but I was approaching controller-breaking levels of fury with NK. I died dozens of times on that fucker, alone, with help, after reallocating levels with that one covenant to try completely different builds... Nothing but nothing was working. I was at the point of cheating or quitting outright.

UrbanRats

Kinda sick of people using linearity as a put-down word. Linearity does not inherently make a game bad. I'd actually argue that the design for this game, being linear with twists and turns and various ways and areas to explore within each "zone" before shuffling you off to the same place, has actually made some of the best designed levels in the entire series. As a result of being linear there is more focus and strength in the areas. I appreciate and enjoy the interconnectedness and full world feeling of other games in the series but it's loss isn't killing me in this one when the levels themselves are so fucking good.
It does suck when you replay the game, and can't mix and match how you approach the levels.
It was one of the coolest things to do in DkS1 and DkS2 (with the Shrine of Winter jump trick they patched out).
It's fun to do high level areas early on, once you know the Game.

Thankfully you can actually kill the
Dancer
early on and flip the game over its head, here.

It does suck when you replay the game, and can't mix and match how you approach the levels.
It was one of the coolest things to do in DkS1 and DkS2 (with the Shrine of Winter jump trick they patched out).

You can literally kill
The Dancer
and reach the end game levels before doing the "first" boss in this game.

Lux R7

well you can kinda do something similar in ds3 but i agree, loved the ds1 style. However ds3 levels are so cool that i'm doing a lot of runs (especially i love the first two levels, the Undead Settlement might be one of the best levels in souls history to me).

UrbanRats

You can literally kill
The Dancer
and reach the end game levels before doing the "first" boss in this game.

well you can kinda do something similar in ds3 but i agree, loved the ds1 style. However ds3 levels are so cool that i'm doing a lot of runs (especially i love the first two levels, the Undead Settlement might be one of the best levels in souls history to me).
I know, i edited that in.
I was talking more in general about the value of non-linearity, not necessarily making a comment on DkS3 itself.

MUnited83

For you.
People need to remember that most games are calling home (especially on Steam)

So even if you cheat in, say, GTA V single player only (even if you unplug your router/cords lol) once you get online it'll know you modified memory and ban you.

single player cheats on GTA V don't ban you. All the cheats meant for single player disable themselves when you go online.

Kazuhira

Yeah,i agree.
The areas are so big and well designed that i don't give a shit.
You could say that ds1 was the odd one because the rest of the games don't follow the same design(warping from the start etc)

gunstarhero

I really don't understand the whole convanent, invading, summoning stuff in this game at all.

Anyone care to break down how this all works? (Bloodborne had one area where you got randomly invaded...those were simpler times).

Can I ask what your build was at sl80? Tried making a dark character, but gave up at around lv60 and deleted the character. It was just too weak/not fun to play as.

Going for a Judgement Sword build now with sorcery while also going through NG+ with my main quality build. Love that one. Claymore on my back while dual wielding Gotthard Twin Swords looks cool as.Three swords is always better than one.

VGR: 20(25 with Prisoner's Chain)
Attunment:15( Dark Pyromancies barely use up any FP)
Endurance: 18(23 with Prisoner's Chain)
VIT: 10(15 with Prisoner's Chain)
STR: 15
DEX: 18
INT: 33
FTH: 31
Luck: 9

Rings are Witch's Ring, Prisoner's Chain, Dark Clutch Ring, and Ring of Steel Protection(to somewhat negate the extra damage taken from the Prisoner and Clutch ring)

AR on Carthus Curved Sword +7 is 423 with the Clutch ring equipped.

Randam

when you summon people and they leave right away..

if you want to play with your friends find a better spot to put down your sign or just fucking use the password system..

Floody

So is the only way to get the auto summon covenants items is for it to auto summon you? Because invading just gives me tongues, regardless of the covenant I choose.

Okay, so I just traded hits with that
spider
monster at the gate of
Anor Londo
and both of us died and the loot it had is gone now... can anyone tell me what that specific monster drops because the first creature you met in the C
athedral
of
deep
dropped a unique ring.

I really fucking hate when this happens and that FROM haven't fixed it yet. This has been a thing since Demon's Souls ffs.

That thing does drop a unique ring, it's a counterpart to the one the other dropped, Aldritch's Ruby/Sapphire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom