• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

attemping to help people with nameless king, level 100. Helped one dude out, but the rest have died like idiots. If you want help let me know.

Dude's a monster. More people died against him when I was helping than with any other boss.
the way he quickly moves around has has a decent swing arc allows him to handle multiple players pretty well

Cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the two items under the bridge in the
Firelink Shrine Tower

Jump off. Seriously. You have to roll off the bridge in the right place and you'll land on a tiny outcropping. Then do the same with the next one. I managed to snag them both on the way down. You need to do it anyway if
Patches locks you in

Jump off. Seriously. You have to roll off the bridge in the right place and you'll land on a tiny outcropping. Then do the same with the next one. I managed to snag them both on the way down. You need to do it anyway if
Patches locks you in

Hmm ok I will try rolling then. I kept jumping and just hitting the wall and sliding off like it was a water slide xD

Dude's a monster. More people died against him when I was helping than with any other boss.
the way he quickly moves around has has a decent swing arc allows him to handle multiple players pretty well

he's not that bad if you time your dodges right, his swings are slow so you can't spam dodging, but that's basically it.

J-Skee

The E
yes
of the F
ire
K
eeper
... I'll take it that
giving it to the fire keeper will start the endgame, correct? Can I still do things after that or is it best to hold off until I'm ready?

The E
yes
of the F
ire
K
eeper
... I'll take it that
giving it to the fire keeper will start the endgame, correct? Can I still do things after that or is it best to hold off until I'm ready?

You don't have to hand them over at all. They're only an option for one of the endings.

The E
yes
of the F
ire
K
eeper
... I'll take it that

I believe placing all the lords of cinder on their respective thrones starts the endgame. The eyes offer another ending.

IbukiLordSA

Wow I have just invaded someone and am still in their world 30 minutes later lol at first they fought me then summoned then the summon died then they ran away then summoned again then that summon died and now I am watching their health drain a little from poison and they probably have no estus left lol. They were rigbt next to a bonfire so if you died your souls are right therd now they are so far away it's going to be a mission to get them. Some people are so lame.

Minamu

I would say you're ready, unless you still want to upgrade some weapons before you cross over. Apparently NG+ is pretty easy, so you definitely don't need to level at all.
Thanks. I found a checklist on reddit and I am indeed ready as most stuff I'm missing are behind failed quests or the rings in ng+(+). I don't think I need to upgrade any weapons, I have enough slabs etc for when that time comes :) Here we go!

theaface

Thanks. I found a checklist on reddit and I am indeed ready as most stuff I'm missing are behind failed quests or the rings in ng+(+). I don't think I need to upgrade any weapons, I have enough slabs etc for when that time comes :) Here we go!

Consider backing up your NG save to revisit when the DLC becomes available. I personally thought the Bloodborne DLC was a little too taxing on NG+ so was glad to have a NG file to return to.

MilkBeard

Is there a Blademoon PvP community event happening? I've been getting a decent amount of Blademoon summons today, specifically to
Anor Londo.
PS4 level 111.

Perhaps anyone who's needing those drops should put on the Blademoon badge at this time.

MilkBeard

Consider backing up your NG save to revisit when the DLC becomes available. I personally thought the Bloodborne DLC was a little too taxing on NG+ so was glad to have a NG file to return to.

I have a feeling the DS3 DLC might not be as challenging. It seems that Miyazaki specifically stated that he made the earlier bosses in DS3 a little bit easier because of the feedback from the early bosses in Bloodborne.

But we will see. It's DLC, so it's a different ballgame.

myco666

Is there a Blademoon PvP community event happening? I've been getting a decent amount of Blademoon summons today, specifically to
Anor Londo.
PS4 level 111.

Perhaps anyone who's needing those drops should put on the Blademoon badge at this time.

Should be today.

Everyone who has had problems with the covenant should try it out now. If it doesn't work even now, well then it is just broken for you.

DedValve

Banned
wowwwwww.

wowwwww.
woooooooowwww.
wowwwwwww.

owowowwowwowowwwwwooooooowww.

I spent this entire game hyping myself up for dark magic yet not wanting to ruin the shrin maidens quest I went in search for Karla. Who doesn't show up for quite some time.

35 hours in and I finally found her, open the gate and....a giant rat that was following me killed her in 1 attack.

So no dark magic for me.

Woooooooow.

I'm just gonna corrupt hte other chic now.

EDIT: I'm so furious, I really wanted to see Karla.

MilkBeard

wowwwwww.

wowwwww.
woooooooowwww.
wowwwwwww.

owowowwowwowowwwwwooooooowww.

I spent this entire game hyping myself up for dark magic yet not wanting to ruin the shrin maidens quest I went in search for Karla. Who doesn't show up for quite some time.

35 hours in and I finally found her, open the gate and....a giant rat that was following me killed her in 1 attack.

So no dark magic for me.

Woooooooow.

I'm just gonna corrupt hte other chic now.

EDIT: I'm so furious, I really wanted to see Karla.

Did she drop ashes? You might be able to get something from her if so.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Just killed Nameless King on the 6th try. Dudes not as hard as people say he is. Was atcually waiting for some third form

Everyone and their mums uses the one that makes you invisible when you roll, but it's not because it makes you invisible, it's because it gives you a boost of +3 to dex.

The i-frames one I've only used in very very few bosses, such as those that have a lot of long ranged speedy attacks and little breaks between them to attack. It's useful to be able to get in, hit once or twice and roll out of the way without getting hurt.

Thanks! I'm going to prioritize strength over dexterity, so I'll skip the one that makes you invisible. I wonder if the boost in i-frames for the other one is big enough where it's worth it to sacrifice your defence for it. Could be very useful for pvp. I guess I'll have to experiment with it.

Cat Party

After the patch, Unbreakable Patches finally appeared for me. So anyone else who never found him, check the top floor of Firelink Shrine now.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So I just beat it, was my first Souls game and had fucking great time, shame that I came late to the series but maybe we will get another Bloodborne at least. Took me 40 hours in the end, but I must have fucked something up.

After I
beat the last boss there was just one option to link the flame, I did that and my character just sat down and the credits rolled. I know these games are not huge on story but I expected a little more than that.
I have no idea what happened.

So I just beat it, was my first Souls game and had fucking great time, shame that I came late to the series but maybe we will get another Bloodborne at least. Took me 40 hours in the end, but I must have fucked something up.

After I
beat the last boss there was just one option to link the flame, I did that and my character just sat down and the credits rolled. I know these games are not huge on story but I expected a little more than that.
I have no idea what happened.

Welcome to Souls endings although that one was especially weak.

Get'sMad

I wish there was a little more balance for invaders...like I do agree you should be at a disadvantage vs the host when invading but like when you enter someone else's world and its a 3 v 1 and 2 seconds later BIGDICK420 ENTERS IN CONCORD and its 4 v 1 and then you see the seed of a giant tree icon pop up I just seinfield.gif and crystal separate the fuck outta there.

LogicStep

Whose idea was it to force you to level up 5 times in order to get the secret ending? The game forced me out of my level 120 character just to fulfill the requirements.

Forcing you to level up is a really really dumb idea.

Oh well, I'm gonna make a new character and do that ending first and get all items associated with it, I spent hundreds of hours to get all weapons/armor...etc on my character and now it's all down the drain.

And they really need to patch the maiden's shop for her inventory to carry over to NG+, the more I play the more annoying it gets.

DS3 was my second favorite behind Demon's for a while, but it's gonna fall off a cliff very quickly if they don't patch this shit and the honeymoon period is over, those little things are getting annoying.
Oh shoot I forgot about that. Damn... Dunno if I should bother going NG+ on my character... Or maybe just do everything except that and leave it for a new character..

Kazuhira

Scratch what i said about
lorian&lothric
being my fave fight,
soul of cinder
is the best boss ever imo.
phase 1 is a homage to your previous characters from the other games because of all the str/dex/pyro/sorcery/miracle movesets,it's like saying 'yes,he/she is part of this being too' without the need to spit it out in your face or making the firelink ending canon for those player who did the darklord path in ds1 or 2.
Phase 2 is defintely about gwyn of course,i was actually fighting it with teary eyes tbh,amazing battle.
He is not real final boss for sure because there's one track in the ost that i haven't heard yet,i suppose i have to give the eyes to the firekeeper.

N° 2048

PvP is just so 👌👌👌
Getting summoned into Fight Clubs is great

omg I love it, half the time I just put down a soapstone to help with bosses but I get invited into these crazy PvP battles.

I very rarely play PvP in Souls but god damn it's so sweet in Dark Souls 3 for some reason.

Samaritan

So I'm nearing the end of my first playthrough, just defeated the third Lord of Cinder, and although I've missed or failed a lot of the questlines, I'd like to at least see every zone/boss that I can before finishing the game off. Does Dark Souls III have its own version of a missable zone with special conditions such as the Painted World or Cainhurst Castle?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Does Dark Souls III have its own version of a missable zone with special conditions such as the Painted World or Cainhurst Castle?

Yes, there are a few areas that are easily missable. You can start by going thru the consumed kings garden (which is right next to the dancer bonfire in Lothric). When you get to the end of this area and defeat the boss, there is another area hidden behind a fake wall in the area after the boss room. In this same room you get a gesture that has to be used in a specific place in the Ithryll Dungeon which will unlock another entire area.

Samaritan

Yes, there are a few areas that are easily missable. You can start by going thru the consumed kings garden (which is right next to the dancer bonfire in Lothric). When you get to the end of this area and defeat the boss, there is another area hidden behind a fake wall in the area after the boss room. In this same room you get a gesture that has to be used in a specific place in the Ithryll Dungeon which will unlock another entire area.

Huh! I would certainly have missed the latter area if it requires a gesture to access it. Cheers!

neoism

Wait what? People say summoning is "cheating" ?

Lolol I don't have all day to grind so I choose to get some co-op help...

lol man ds is a social game to me like BB was fun to 1v1 bosses and solo the game.... ive 4v1 every boss on ng and 4v2 at the last bonefire for hours its awesome and fun... ill solo ng+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom