• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

im at L
othric Castle
and im not sure how much longer I can attempt at getting gud. this might be where I call it. is there an optional area or something I might have missed before this because I am getting my ass kicked.

Floody

im at L
othric Castle
and im not sure how much longer I can attempt at getting gud. this might be where I call it. is there an optional area or something I might have missed before this because I am getting my ass kicked.

Been to S
mouldering
L
ake
?

GeeTeeCee

I was doing some early game souls farming in the
Crucifixion Woods
area when I was invaded by a dark spirit. I couldn't be bothered to face them (nor should I have to face them, they came into my game to halt my progress) and happily remembered that I had a seed of a giant in my inventory.

I never got to see what killed the invader, but I assume it was giant and crab-shaped.

Tarkus

im at L
othric Castle
It is a significant jump in difficulty. The good thing is that you can farm souls there and get upgrade materials easily. A +8 weapon will do you good.

C
hampion
G
undyr
is regarded as hard? Weird. I killed him on my first try. I couldnt parry either because I don't carry a shield.

Doing the DLC in NG+ is gonna be fucked isn't it? agh I want to move on but want to keep this character for the DLC :<
Have you beat the game yet? If not just upload your save to the cloud and turn off auto upload for the game after that. Itll save your spot and you can overwrite your save when the DLC comes out.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm a bit unsure if i want to NG++ or stay on NG+ and wait for the DLC. The DLC (all 3 packs) will probably take like a year though, so i'm not sure if i want to wait that long to get the platinum. I still havnt platinumed Bloodborne because of this actually, but i didnt get "captured" with the DLC unfortunately, so i still havnt finished it. Maybe i'll play it again some day, finish the DLC and then go for the platinum trophy. I Dark Souls 2 however, there i was NG+5 or +6 when the DLC hit. I still managed to do it, but i had to summon help for the bosses.

Is there a reason not to do this? Wasn't sure if I should give them to her or not.

It's just unlocks another
ending
as far as I know. You can always just
kill
her and take them back if you want, with no repercussions. She even tells you as much if you exhaust her dialogue.

Kazuhira

C
hampion
G
undyr
is regarded as hard? Weird. I killed him on my first try. I couldnt parry either because I don't carry a shield.
Not weird at all.
Every player is different,some people may have breezed through the bosses you've been struggling for hours/days and vice versa.

leehom

You to kill
Silver Knights in Anor Londo.

Ohh, the three walking down the steps?
I read people talking about two of them, but don't know what location they're speaking of.

Are they the same ones as the 4-5 after the Pontiff bonfire on the roofs?

DPB

Ohh, the three walking down the steps? I read people talking about two of them, but don't know what location they're speaking of.

Yeah, those ones. It's quicker just to kill the first two and respawn them at the bonfire, the red-eyed one round the corner is much stronger.

Eh... Was bit of a too easy let down after
the Nameless King
I really wanted the last boss to be
Gwyn reborn from the ashes
... But oh well...

Also... Ballsy move on From Software's part
putting the last boss on the game's cover...

I mean,
phase 2 pretty much is...

wheeplash

How did u farm this?

Here's my setup (if memory serves me right).

- Mimic head
- Off hand Crystal Rapier
- Rusted Coins
- Golden Ring +1
- Luck at around 70 (SL125), only got stats to carry everything and my Yhorm Machete
- Patience, patience, patience.

When using the coin I reached 435 discovery rate.

Floody

yes

alrightt ill give it a few more attempts

At the start of L
othric
C
astle
, there's an optional area called C
onsumed
K
ing's
G
arden
, it's small, but opens up 2 other optional areas called U
ntended
G
raves
and A
rchdragon
P
eak
, though the latter is probably harder than L
othric

wheeplash

PSA: IF YOU GET INVADED BY THIS PERSON GET KILLED/SUICIDE/DC IMMEDIATELY

He's even streaming right now, no fucking shame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iztSqpIb3hA

He's using a hacked dagger that gives you a tremendous amount of souls when hit, so after 2-3 hits the game softbans you automatically because of its own anti-cheat system (ironic). Of course he's using speed/invi combo, be careful people.

PC/Steam btw.

leehom

Here's my setup (if memory serves me right).

- Mimic head
- Off hand Crystal Rapier
- Rusted Coins
- Golden Ring +1
- Luck at around 70 (SL125), only got stats to carry everything and my Yhorm Machete
- Patience, patience, patience.

When using the coin I reached 435 discovery rate.

Thanks! I don't have the mimic head on my new character, might transfer it from my old one to make this farming a little more bearable. I have to farm the farran wolf items too. Something about farming the farron keep swamp thugs? Is there an easier way?

wheeplash

He's even streaming right now, no fucking shame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iztSqpIb3hA

He's using a hacked dagger that gives you a tremendous amount of souls when hit, so after 2-3 hits the game softbans you automatically because of its own anti-cheat system (ironic). Of course he's using speed/invi combo, be careful people.

PC/Steam btw.

Or just don't play Online until somebody fixes this shit.

Going to do a STR build after my sorcerer playthrough. Any suggestions for weapons I haven't listed below? Planning to get the
Claymore
early then play around with most of these as I get them.

Yhorm's great machete
butcher's knife
Dragonslayer greataxe
Smough's Hammer
FUGS
Spiked Mace
Great club
drang hammers
wolf knight greatsword
farron GS
BK greatsword
Lothric Knight greatsword (can buy from greirat)

SDR-UK

PC/Steam btw.

Just watched it out of curiosity, holy shit! That is absolutely fucked up.

PC/Steam btw.

wow

Airgetlam

Are there areas in the game that only allow you to summon one friendly phantom from a summon sign? My friend and I wanted to help another friend in the
Road of Sacrifices
but when he summoned one of us the other's summon sign disappeared.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After finishing one run on PS4 with the Japanese release and then playing through all of Scholar of the First Sin on PC, I'm now back to Dark Souls III on PC. Did the patches dramatically reduce the difficulty or something, because I'm just breezing through the first few hours. It took me a few tries to kill Vordt on my first play through, but I destroyed him this time without even getting hit. Maybe it's the frame rate? Or maybe it's that I'm used to Dark Souls II where stamina and iframes are much less forgiving. Either way, I'm loving this on PC. 60 FPS really breathes some new life into it.

SDR-UK

Are there areas in the game that only allow you to summon one friendly phantom from a summon sign? My friend and I wanted to help another friend in the
Road of Sacrifices
but when he summoned one of us the other's summon sign disappeared.

This might be something to do with the allocation of a dark spirit, as well as the Farron Watchdogs. Your friend could circumvent the issue by using a Dried Finger I'm sure, although there are drawbacks such as more invasions as a result.

zma1013

PC/Steam btw.

How does anyone even inform them about this? Is there some way to report it?

Randam

PC/Steam btw.

malcolmreynoldstrademark seems to be his steam name.

Wow
Pontiff
is tough as a low endurance mage. Also, for the new page:

Going to do a STR build after my sorcerer playthrough. Any suggestions for weapons I haven't listed below? Planning to get the
Claymore
early then play around with most of these as I get them.

Yhorm's great machete
butcher's knife
Dragonslayer greataxe
Smough's Hammer
FUGS
Spiked Mace
Great club
drang hammers
wolf knight greatsword
farron GS
BK greatsword
Lothric Knight greatsword (can buy from greirat)

MUnited83

For you.
Making "getting huge ammounts of souls" a bannable thing is pretty weird as well. It quite literally doesn't affect no one else if you hack your souls since that doesnt give you any stat advantages.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

PC/Steam btw.

I was confused
but hes hitting other people and getting them banned?
what a cunt

test_account

XP-39C²
Making "getting huge ammounts of souls" a bannable thing is pretty weird as well. It quite literally doesn't affect no one else if you hack your souls since that doesnt give you any stat advantages.
Its most likely an automatic thing. Whats weird is that other players are able to modfiy other people's stats though.

jett

D-Member

PC/Steam btw.

That's fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom