• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

Weirdest things you did for Fashion? I am currently having a char that is running dual Scimitars, but I have Mirrah Greatsword on my back... purely because it looks cool on the back.

What a brilliant idea!

Will steal it for when I play a bit with dual weapons. Not these weapons in specific, but I'll do something like that. Maybe the Executioner's Greatsword.

What a brilliant idea!

Will steal it for when I play a bit with dual weapons. Not these weapons in specific, but I'll do something like that. Maybe the Executioner's Greatsword.

I tried multiples, but Executioner's and Mirrahs are the best, becaise they are in scabbards. Rest just hang on you like a piece of junk

I actually initially wanted to do a Weaboo version, where I would wield dual katanas and also have sheated Uchi on my side. But ended up going for more prominent version of that. But I fucking love visible alternative weapons hanging on the char's model.

Sande

Does anybody HATE kicking in this game? Its so bloody awful.

Everytime I want to do a combo I accidentally kick at some point screwing me royally and sometimes even taking a life. Infuriating when it happens with bosses. Just fucking infuriating.

Never had this problem in DS1 or 2 but for some reason the changes in DS3 I'm kicking all the goddamn time now and I feel like I have to be super careful not to really touch the left stick at all when I'm attacking which is not how I played the last 4 games.
Yes, I hate it. Not more than in previous games though. It's just a bit too unreliable and awkward to do when you need it and accidentally doing it is obviously really bad. They need to figure out a reasonable way to do it.

Something like a partial RT/R2 press.

BeeDog

Bad streak now sunbro'ing Yhorm, goddamnit. Three hosts in a row getting killed RIGHT when Yhorm is dying, gah. DODGE DAAAAAAMNIIIIIIT

Bowler

Guess I'm going to have to try some coop help for Aldrich in londo. Just can't get past his aOE arrow attack in phase 2. It's a one shot with a full health bar for my strength build.

dude

dude
Finished the XB1 version, and I want to play the PC version, but is it worth getting at present? I heard there were bugs and problems with cheaters/softbans in PvP.

Having already played through it, I'm more than willing to hold off on a second playthrough until things improve if things are still bad.

I'm playing the PC version. So far, I've encountered about 0 bugs. There was stuttering during saving at first, but that seems to have been fixed at some point cause it doesn't happen to me anymore.
As for cheaters - I did not encounter any cheaters so far. But I also did not spend as much time doing online stuff as other people. I mean, I never play in off-line mode or anything, but I do not seek out PvP matches or summon people to help me with bosses. I've been invaded a couple of times and I've been a helping people as a Blue Sentinel for a while.
That said, there are some real horror stories out there, and Namco's response left much to be desired. I don't think the problem is quite so severe as to not play the PC version, but I'm always a bit worried when embered.

Does anybody HATE kicking in this game? Its so bloody awful.

Everytime I want to do a combo I accidentally kick at some point screwing me royally and sometimes even taking a life. Infuriating when it happens with bosses. Just fucking infuriating.

Never had this problem in DS1 or 2 but for some reason the changes in DS3 I'm kicking all the goddamn time now and I feel like I have to be super careful not to really touch the left stick at all when I'm attacking which is not how I played the last 4 games.

For me it's jumping. I keep jumping by mistake when trying to rush enemies, basically giving them a free hit. Gah.

BeeDog

Guess I'm going to have to try some coop help for Aldrich in londo. Just can't get past his aOE arrow attack in phase 2. It's a one shot with a full health bar for my strength build.

You will need to learn how to dodge it.
As soon as he starts aiming his bow towards the ceiling, just walk AWAY and then start sprinting while zig-zagging.
It's something to train for even if you use summons.

Anyone else farming for proof of covenants? I collected so many Silver Knight armor sets that I sold them all of for like 100,000 souls - and I'm still not done.

You should always be as close as possible to the lad's tail so just run away in a straight line while batlling the camera to see if he's aiming his bow. :p

Novocaine

It's really obvious when he is about to do it, he aims a bow in the air. When you see that just roll around the perimeter of the room until it stops.

Jombie

There's also A German Spy's playthrough but it's getting a little irritating.
I mean, I like the guy and I don't have any problems with criticising the game, but.. idk.

I watched some it and his constant nit-picking is annoying, and it would be as equally annoying if someone constantly gushed over it. It's always funner to watch those who aren't quietly comparing the games to the others in the series, i.e., Jeff - who just plays the games.

Gbraga

I tried multiples, but Executioner's and Mirrahs are the best, becaise they are in scabbards. Rest just hang on you like a piece of junk

I actually initially wanted to do a Weaboo version, where I would wield dual katanas and also have sheated Uchi on my side. But ended up going for more prominent version of that. But I fucking love visible alternative weapons hanging on the char's model.

I knew neglecting VIG and END to put all of my points into VIT would pay off!

Minamu

Finally got my first auto-invasion as a farron guy. But it failed before it loaded :lol

Should I stay around Farron Ruins and farm this from invasions? Would I even get the items from using the red eye orb? :/

Edit: Nope, invading gives you pale tongues, wtf >_<

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well, thanks for the advice guys. Stormed through NK all the way to the finish. Last boss was fun. Got the rather cool
usurper
ending. Great game.

Now to start some PvP builds and raid the wikis for everything I missed.

GorillaJu

You can escape it even if you get caught in it for a moment just roll around in a square formation, like left, forward, right, back, etc.

zma1013

Fume was tough but after a couple tries I learned his attacks and it was cake. (the sir alonne footage is on the same video see the hot links in the description) Also, I grant that although some people think the vanquisher seal run I did showed skill as i had to use fists only, IMO that set up was pretty OP with the best DPS in the game by far. Still those bosses were predictable and I could have done it with a SL 1 no upgrades character....it jsut would take forever

"Fume was tough but after a couple tries I learned his attacks and it was cake."

*Posts video where he nearly dies several times to Fume Knight.*

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Hello...
Started DS3 last night (Knight) .
STR/DEX or STR/Faith ? Any good build ?

If you're a knight and you like STR, I would stay focused on STR and add faith instead of dex to the mix. You'll be able to rock lighting weapons and miracles while bashing things

silva1991

Yeah that's just really stupid and annoying. Another reason why I never watch LPs, even so-called quality youtubers don't sound fun to watch at all.

I wanted to see his first blind LP only to be disappointed by his DS3 LP

it's not fun for the most part :/

Jeff Green and Kay are kings for me.

GorillaJu

LOL I'm just now finding out that armor doesn't matter and poise is turned off.

WTH, From???

Poise has a purpose, it's just a bit weird. Basically it affects how fast you can roll out of hit stun, if I recall correctly. And armor does matter, for sure.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Poise has a purpose, it's just a bit weird. Basically it affects how fast you can roll out of hit stun, if I recall correctly. And armor does matter, for sure.

Yeah wearing armor is good, it just doesn't seem to matter much which armor you choose.

GorillaJu

Yeah wearing armor is good, it just doesn't seem to matter much which armor you choose.

There's a smaller difference between armor sets in this game than in the past, yeah. There is definitely a difference with heavier armor it's just maybe a 10-15% difference at most.

Best farming spot I've found, and I've done the math on quiet some, is Grand Archives. From the GA bonfire, run to the four first wax people near the little pool, then continue going till you've cleared the next section. You end up killing eight wax dudes and seven thralls, netting you 19k souls per minute. That's 1.1 mill per hour. Shield Of Want, Sign of Averice, Silver ring.

If you have a weapon that hits for 700+ like the Dragonslayer Greataxe, the 3 stooges on the GA roof is the best spot. You can take each one out in 2 backstabs + one R1 and the whole run takes ~2min. Using the Mimic hat + Shield of Want + Silver Serpent Ring + Hornet Ring = 25k per stooge. 75k in 2min.

And if you do that on NG7, each stooge is worth 76k.

Sarcasm

Doesn't Jeff Green genuinely suck at these games though?

Don't go play DS2 :p

I did for 8 hours before I put it down. Though it was more then just tedious. I will prob come back to DS3 as I have 25+ hours in it =p

Just some of the trash mob tactic just screams lameeee.

Are there any head options that do not hide Hair? I kinda don't wanna run around with an empty armor slot (even though I am fashion soulsing it) but I also don't want to hide mah ponytail
ponytails are the cutest

mxgt

Banned
Just switched from my bleed/luck build to a BKGA build with 40str/40dex

...damn, that damage. They really did make BKGA great again!

Santiako

Are there any head options that do not hide Hair? I kinda don't wanna run around with an empty armor slot (even though I am fashion soulsing it) but I also don't want to hide mah ponytail
ponytails are the cutest

The pyromancer headgear is just a headband, you can buy it from the pyromancer vendor.

Just switched from my bleed/luck build to a BKGA build with 40str/40dex

...damn, that damage. They really did make BKGA great again!

What's the AR with 40/40?

Alo0oy

Banned
Why is nobody using the Drang Twinspears? They're awesome, their low AR is very deceptive, they're very fast and can even stunlock some Knights.

And the soapstone system sucks, I was doing an entire NG+ run with 3 phantoms + Dried finger and that worked out in only 3 or 4 areas, I got really impatient with the "unable to find summons" thing and end up with one or two summons, sure the bell system was broken for six fucking months, but right now I can find summons within seconds (usually as soon as I ring the bell), not to mention the freedom of movement it provided.

The soapstone system blows, I can't believe I missed it for a few months when BB first came out, it should only be used for red signs or covenant stuff. The ease of using a red eye orb should tell you how much better that system is.

ponytails are the cutest

that Ragged.. something. i forget. Ragged Mask? looks like shit on my character though because of course hair clips right through it.

I didn't realize it was possible to get the pale shade of Londor set and the way for me to get it would be to use Yoel, but I'm already SL 120. Does anyone on PC have it to trade? I have 19 concord ears to trade for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom