• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDR-UK

Yeah, sounds like fun if there is ever more than one at a time.

I am finding this weird ass thing that looks like a lizard with a baby face. It doesn't let me lock on or talk. Should I attack it?

You'll run into a few more of those and they won't be so passive.

But totally attack and kill everything!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
so ENB finally reached the place, heh. Curious to see his reaction to the boss!

I have no clue how he managed but man did he bug out the crap out of Anri's quest. She was dead right there, with her sword on her body...without any wedding, while the actual turn of events should have been either her being hollow, or killed by Horace haha.

SDR-UK

I have no clue how he managed but man did he bug out the crap out of Anri's quest. She was dead right there, with her sword on her body...without any wedding, while the actual turn of events should have been either her being hollow, or killed by Horace haha.

I got the exact same outcome as ENB my first time through, had no idea that it was bugged. Quite how he bugged out the
Patches questline
like he did is totally beyond me as well, guy has talent for this sort of stuff apparently.

AlterOdin

Finally beat
Pontiff Sulyvahn
, for me, hardest boss yet. Ironically beat him on my first try as un-embeder with a
parry strategy
Pretty easy to parry, and when his clone is around, he seems much less aggressive, could heal no problem.

Only level 40, think I'm a little under-leveled.

Tecl0n

Are regular mobs much tougher in NG+ this time around? Cause i missed
crystal sage soul weapon that ups item discovery
, i was hoping to grind the covenants before starting NG+ but considering the horrible drop rate i'm not so sure anymore.

, i was hoping to grind the covenants before starting NG+ but considering the horrible drop rate i'm not so sure anymore.

Not that much tougher really. Well you might have to hit them one or two extra times.

SDR-UK

Honestly, NG+ is a bit of a cake-walk this time around, the difficulty jump did not feel at all like previous games (specifically talking Demons/Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne).

That said, if you're a PS4 guy, I can drop you some items that would increase discovery, if you don't want to move on to NG+ just yet.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Are there any head options that do not hide Hair? I kinda don't wanna run around with an empty armor slot (even though I am fashion soulsing it) but I also don't want to hide mah ponytail
ponytails are the cutest
Pyromancer's crown is the best headgear by far. Too bad about the damn hair clipping.

I was wondering, do Sacred Oath and Deep Protection stack?
Probably not. You can't typically stack self-buffs. Deep Protection doesn't stack with Tears of Denial, for example.

They do! You can check by looking at your player status page before/after you apply a buff. It's pretty fun watching your attack damage climb.
Wait what, really?

burgerdog

Catching up on ENB's playthrough and he just ran away from Sulyvahn's Beast :lol Doesn't even attempt to go back to respawn it. That's just not my style, first thing I did when that thing spawned is try to kick its ass and I did. What's there to lose? There's a bonfire not 5 seconds from that area. Weird.

SDR-UK

Catching up on ENB's playthrough and he just ran away from Sulyvahn's Beast :lol Doesn't even attempt to go back to respawn it. That's just not my style, first thing I did when that thing spawned is try to kick its ass and I did. What's there to lose? There's a bonfire not 5 seconds from that area. Weird.

Wait until you get a little further into the play-through.

The beast rears its head again, down below the bridge.

Minamu

I'm back at the pvp central in NG+ finally. Been doing all the quests I can so far but accidentally screwed up A
nri's at the Church
:/ With a guide, finding the quests are surprisingly (?) easy, can't believe I screwed up S
iegward's
right at the start on NG.

I'm currently sitting at pvp central as an Aldritch and *nothing* is happening :/ Sure, I'm SL133 but I see numerous pvp signs, surely someone is getting invaded so I can help? :(

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, just double checked. My normal attack rating with Sunlight Straight Sword is 328. With its L2 Sacred Oath, it's 366, and with Deep Protection it's 384. On top of all that, if I use Lightning Blade, it skyrockets to 522.
Well fuck me. Maybe it's time to retire Tears of Denial on my faith...

Speaking of faith, is the sunlight straight sword decent when infused with lightning?

Septimius

Remember that with two damage types on your weapon, the damage goes through two defences. If you add somewhere above 130 damage with your weapon buff, it might start adding some actual damage, but not really at all below in PvP.

I-hate-u

Despite the tons of DS1 references being a direct sequel pretty much, this game reminds me so much of Demon's Souls.

Irithyll Dungeon is practically Tower of Latria 2.0, except not quite as good. Same with Lothric Castle and Boletaria

I have some questions about game:
Is the dragon in meditation before Archdragon Peak alive or a statue? I have this question about our character too. we can transform into a dragon. is that a real thing and a race of dragons? or only a spiritual thing?
Is the Havel in Archdragon Peak same as DS Havel or he's another person?
What's the story about multiple Firelink Shrines? something related to parallel universes?!! is the Shrine Handmaid in both Firelink Shrines a same person or every shrine has a handmaid?

Spacejaws

Did you already kill Aldrich before offering the tongue? If yes, that might be your problem.

I thought I had messed up this quest but...
had done up to where he gives you the high wall of lothric elevator key but I forgot about it. When I met rosaria I had given her tongues and did invasions and after I killed Aldrich I was wondering where all the nocs had went to. Looked it up and found out about the red eye orb and went and got it of the darkwraith. Leonhard was back immediately and continued his quest as normal. Went to rosaria and he was there then came back once more and she was dead so at least you can do the events out of sequence and it doesnt seem to cause mich problems at least for me.

Tarkus

I have some questions about game:
Is the dragon in meditation before Archdragon Peak alive or a statue? I have this question about our character too. we can transform into a dragon. is that a real thing and a race of dragons? or only a spiritual thing?
Is the Havel in Archdragon Peak same as DS Havel or he's another person?
What's the story about multiple Firelink Shrines? something related to parallel universes?!! is the Shrine Handmaid in both Firelink Shrines a same person or every shrine has a handmaid?
It's probably the
real Havel with much better AI.
Time and space are warped in Lothric.
Probably the same handmaid. When you get to the final area, look at the distant environment and notice how it has shifted very oddly. Not sure about the dragon question.

NEO0MJ

They do! You can check by looking at your player status page before/after you apply a buff. It's pretty fun watching your attack damage climb.

Just checked and you're right! Dragonslayer Spear went from 463 to 509 to 535. That's a pretty significant jump I feel. Only problem is that you need three slots and a good chink of SP to make the most of it. Lingering Dragoncrest Ring's effect extends to miracles, right?

lunlunqq

The proof farming is giving me brain cancer. There has to be another way! I've killed so many silver knights; I cannot carry the shards they drop anymore. Now every time they die, they leave behind a little bag of shard on the ground... My plan was to platinum this before UC4 hits. Now I don't think it's possible after all this farming, I'm still 17 proofs short... How can I be so unlucky (extremely low proof drop rate and never summoned as a blue)???

cMWGikJ.jpg

kfPMaSS.jpg

I got the exact same outcome as ENB my first time through, had no idea that it was bugged. Quite how he bugged out the
Patches questline
like he did is totally beyond me as well, guy has talent for this sort of stuff apparently.

He just didn't talk to that NPC and didn't realize he had been trapped. He saw a shiny and jumped down below before checking the door. He's been really bad at exploring the environments and I'm amazed how off his instincts are. His initial Smouldering Lake adventure was so bad... The worst thing was he thought he shouldn't pick "forgive" for that NPC. Any veteran knows forgiving gives you access to a new shop! He's definitely rusty.

Tarkus

Just checked and you're right! Dragonslayer Spear went from 463 to 509 to 535. That's a pretty significant jump I feel. Only problem is that you need three slots and a good chink of SP to make the most of it. Lingering Dragoncrest Ring's effect extends to miracles, right?
Yes, it applies to all spells.

Tarkus

He just didn't talk to that NPC and didn't realize he had been trapped. He saw a shiny and jumped down below before checking the door. He's been really bad at exploring the environments and I'm amazed how off his instincts are. His initial Smouldering Lake adventure was so bad... The worst thing was he thought he shouldn't pick "forgive" for that NPC. Any veteran knows forgiving gives you access to a new shop! He's definitely rusty.
I found it odd how in the Pontiff video, he purposely died once saying he didn't want to win because of Tears of Denial, yet in every subsequent battle he kept casting it. It's definitely been a very weird LP.

lunlunqq

This time you should NOT forgive him. Not forgiving will give you more stuff.

goonie

Another downside is it feels like it takes forever to (re)apply everything, especially mid-boss fight, haha.

myco666

The proof farming is giving me brain cancer. There has to be another way! I've killed so many silver knights; I cannot carry the shards they drop anymore. Now every time they die, they leave behind a little bag of shard on the ground... My plan was to platinum this before UC4 hits. Now I don't think it's possible after all this farming, I'm still 17 proofs short... How can I be so unlucky (extremely low proof drop rate and never summoned as a blue)???

Oh god that looks too familiar. I just decided to sell those shards everytime I got my inventory full.

Also your Item Discovery is really low. Why not respec and get way higher Luck?

This time you should NOT forgive him. Not forgiving will give you more stuff.

Yeah, but ENB was like "I should never do this..." I guess this was a case where his instincts were right! Too bad he didn't follow them. I just can't believe how many items and chests he misses because he doesn't check every nook and cranny.

Also, he spends all of his souls on levels. He's a good enough player that he doesn't need to be OP to win... Am I the only one who has to buy all the items in the game first? Especially after in DS2 when more items became available the more you bought.

SDR-UK

When I was running it, I was using the Rapier and Covetous Gold Serpent +2 with a lot more than 10 luck (22 iirc). Maybe try respec and get more points into luck? It's definitely doable.

Took around 1300 Knights total, I believe. Maybe a little more.

Yeah, but ENB was like "I should never do this..." I guess this was a case where his instincts were right! Too bad he didn't follow them. I just can't believe how many items and chests he misses because he doesn't check every nook and cranny.

Also, he spends all of his souls on levels. He's a good enough player that he doesn't need to be OP to win... Am I the only one who has to buy all the items in the game first? Especially after in DS2 when more items became available the more you bought.

I'd say DS2 is the reason I expent more on levels since Soul Memory bullshit, I never bought anything that I didn't truly need on DS2.

This was cool to me because I saw something I hadn't seen on my own playthrough since I killed that thing straight away and probably always would have on multiple playthroughs if I hadn't seen ENB not kill it immediately. I just thought "that's the Watchdog! I know how to kill this guy, I've done the Defiled Chalice Dungeons!"

When I was running it, I was using the Rapier and Covetous Gold Serpent +2 with a lot more than 10 luck (22 iirc). Maybe try respec and get more points into luck? It's definitely doable.

Took around 1300 Knights total, I believe. Maybe a little more.

I have read on a Japanese forum that luck makes no difference in the drop rate for the covenant items. Anyone confirmed this?

SDR-UK

I have read on a Japanese forum that luck makes no difference in the drop rate for the covenant items. Anyone confirmed this?

I cannot see why it would not make a difference. It is after all boosting your item discovery. I can tell you that with that setup, I managed to get what I called the "God-run" where all three Knights dropped a Proof for me. It was ridiculous.

Tarkus

I seriously doubt that.
So... the Black Knight Great weapons cannot be parried if two-handed?
I'm still experimenting with this. I've not yet parried a 2-handed Greataxe-type weapon or Halberd/Glaive. I thought I had parried a 2-handed ultra greatsword once, but I've not been able to repeat it. So maybe I didn't.

Lakitu

st5fu
Guys, I accidentally hit the sorcerer in my Firelink Shrine and everytime I go there he goes ham on me. What do I do? It was an accident for fuck's sake.

I seriously doubt that.

I'm still experimenting with this. I've not yet parried a 2-handed Greataxe-type weapon or Halberd/Glaive. I thought I had parried a 2-handed ultra greatsword once, but I've not been able to repeat it. So maybe I didn't.

Are you sure it wasn't after a roll? R1 after roll can be parried.

Not sure yet wan't cannot be parried, for now seems to follow DS2 rules.

Tarkus

Guys, I accidentally hit the sorcerer in my Firelink Shrine and everytime I go there he goes ham on me. What do I do? It was an accident for fuck's sake.
Try absolving at the Velka statue in Undead Settlement.

Are you sure it wasn't after a roll? R1 after roll can be parried.
Could have been. I know those have always been parryable. I know my timing has been perfect against a 2 handed large weapon when parrying. It always results in a partial parry, so you probably can do it against large 2-handed weapons.

Molemitts

ENB totally saw (major spoiler)
Anor Londo coming. But he was talking about it as if you entered it from the lower part of Anor Londo, which you don't explore in Dark Souls I. I've always wanted to explore there, since I first played Dark Souls. So it would have been cool if we did actually return to Anor Londo through the lower area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom